Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2023 3:09:52 PM EDT
I noticed this on GT Distributing’s site and was curious if they’re just making shit up of it it’s codified in the law somewhere.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By cms81586:
I noticed this on GT Distributing’s site and was curious if they’re just making shit up of it it’s codified in the law somewhere.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/D8E78D33-278F-4E0B-A7E9-1A8CD3D3C24A_jpe-2661409.JPG
View Quote

Its vague, and the way I read it does not give active mil an exemption solely because they are active. The whole "acting withing official business" thing.

This subtitle does not apply to:
(1) if acting within the scope of official business, personnel of the United States government or a unit of that
government, members of the armed forces of the United States or of the National Guard, law enforcement personnel
of the State or a local unit in the State, or a railroad police officer authorized under Title 3 of the Public Safety Article
or 49 U.S.C. § 28101;
View Quote

and

Section 4-305. Detachable magazines – Prohibited.
(a) Scope of section. This section does not apply to:
(1) a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine; or
(2) a law enforcement officer or a person who retired in good standing from service with a law enforcement agency of
the United States, the State, or any law enforcement agency in the State.
(b) Prohibited. A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine
that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.
View Quote

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/guide/maryland-firearms-statutes-and-codes/download
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 2:25:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scrapple] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 58Teague:

Its vague, and the way I read it does not give active mil an exemption solely because they are active. The whole "acting withing official business" thing.

and

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/guide/maryland-firearms-statutes-and-codes/download
View Quote

Oh that's very ambiguous... A lawyer could make the argument that it reads like this:

"
This subtitle does not apply to:

1- if acting within the scope of official business, personnel of the United States government or a unit of that
government

2- members of the armed forces of the United States or of the National Guard

3- law enforcement personnel
of the State or a local unit in the State

4- railroad police officer authorized under Title 3 of the Public Safety Article
or 49 U.S.C. § 28101;
"

That would be an interesting legal challenge
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess the second question is will any MD dealers sell standard cap mags to a CAC card holder. It’s a moot point if none of them will.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 5:14:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scrapple] [#4]
Originally Posted By cms81586:
I guess the second question is will any MD dealers sell standard cap mags to a CAC card holder. It’s a moot point if none of them will.
View Quote

Unless they are purchased in America and brought to Maryland.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:59:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#5]
Originally Posted By Scrapple:

Unless they are purchased in America and brought to Maryland.
View Quote

That's what I've done in the past.
Top Top