Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2024 4:30:17 AM EDT
I have a tan one that was given to me years ago. Looking to get one or two more. Anyone know of a local source for good ones?

By local I mean western Washington.

If anyone going to LCR in a week has a source for them that would also help.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#1]
You referring to the plastic 5 gallon cans?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cops66:
You referring to the plastic 5 gallon cans?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:

Yes
View Quote

I’ll check with my reserve unit if I can snag one. Also checking with my buddy who owns a surplus shop in town and see if he has any.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#4]
i know you mentioned local, but if you can't find them locally, I have bought mine from LCI in the past.

https://www.buylci.com/water-can-5-gallon-desert-tan.html
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#5]

I’ll check with my reserve unit if I can snag one. Also checking with my buddy who owns a surplus shop in town and see if he has any.
View Quote

Learning from the past. There is never such thing as too much water at the LCR events. That’s why I am looking for one quickly.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:40:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:

Learning from the past. There is never such thing as too much water at the LCR events. That’s why I am looking for one quickly.
View Quote

Historical Military Sales in Lakewood does have some in stock if you want them sooner than later.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:44:13 AM EDT
[#7]
That’s good to know. Not sure if I’ll be able to clean them before going to LCR. That was the goal was to bring more than the one I have. I can probably scrape up some of the blue water jugs in the mean time if needed.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:40:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TigerForce] [#8]
Historical Military Sales in Lakewood does have some in stock if you want them sooner than later.
View Quote

IIRC, I saw some in/at The Foxhole in Lakewood a few weeks ago.

REI has them, too: Water jugs

ETA: Wow- big price difference between the LCI cans and the Scepter cans at REI, although shipping needs to be factored in.
ETA 2: Amazon has them, for a low price, but Amazon might be the debbil.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Ah yes, I remember filling up my canteens with that 100+ degree water from those at 29 Palms. Thank God for the desert water bags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top