Ruger American Ranch (Page 48 of 48)
Page / 48
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

@Zardoz

Which stock pouch did you use. The Aimpoint looks great on there.

View Quote

It's a Fox Outdoors pouch. It comes with an ammo holder that velcros onto the pouch, but I never use it. I keep cleaning stuff and earpro in it. It's less than $20 on Amazon. I think I paid $14 for it a few years ago. The sight's a Primary Arms SLx, which is excellent for this gun.

@Lancelot
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:
Just a note, UPS delivered the  mag conversion kit for my .308 today.

Although I had no clue how to use the assembly block it took less than 5 minutes to do the swap. Mag snaps In nicely.

Now It's time to paint that sucker. Dark concrete gray for this one.
View Quote

What brand paint are you using ? That sounds like an interesting color.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:20:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:17:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone installed a lightweight LPVO on theirs like Leupold, one can be had for around 10-12 oz if I'm thinking correctly.  Currently I'm running a spare Bushnell TRS-25
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By bmarshall1:
Has anyone installed a lightweight LPVO on theirs like Leupold, one can be had for around 10-12 oz if I'm thinking correctly.  Currently I'm running a spare Bushnell TRS-25
View Quote

Funny you mention that, I'm researching that very same subject right now for one of my Ruger Ranches.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#6]
For those that have taken the muzzle device off and replaced with thread protector is there a specific brand that works best?   Or do the $10 on Amazon work fine?

I need a 5/8-24; the only version on the ruger website is 1/2-28.

(for gen 2 in 7.62x39)
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I was looking at these last night. It looks like a copy of the Tikka action, am I correct in that thinking?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By GLHX2112:

Funny you mention that, I'm researching that very same subject right now for one of my Ruger Ranches.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

SWFA And one other scope mfg that I can't recall off the top of my head. SWFA At twelve point four ounces Maven rS.2 at nine point five ounces.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Big fan of the Trijicon Accupoint LPVO.  Super tough.  The 1-4 is 14.4 oz. Bottom.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Nosler180:
Been happy with how my Ruger American 6.5 creedmoor shoots.
3-shot group at 200 yards with factory Hornady 143 eldx.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48922/YTiPTOKh_jpg-2206093.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48922/FXYoC9th_jpg-2206094.JPG
View Quote

How's the can. I have an R2 in jail
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:14:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: John-in-austin] [#11]

What brand paint are you using ? That sounds like an interesting color.
View Quote

Behr mix from Home Depot.  7830 exterior oil base satin enamel with a tiny bit of Russian olive and a majority mix of asphalt gray. Gives you a dark gray/green that looks just like the concrete in my shop.

It's leftover paint I have from refurbishing steel patio furniture and flows well thru a hobby air brush.

All my Ruger Americans are a different color since they all wear similar scopes and identical slings, I needed something to tell the calibers apart.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:53:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:
I was able to yank the one off my 300, just by putting the stock between my legs and using a wrench. It was easy, if I had any trouble I would have gone to the vice.
View Quote

Giving up for today.  I’ve put quite bit of force on it and that brake refuses to budge.  
Attachment Attached File

Will give it another try tomorrow.  If that fails it’s going to a pro.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:
Big fan of the Trijicon Accupoint LPVO.  Super tough.  The 1-4 is 14.4 oz. Bottom.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23396/IMG_1881-3201281.jpg
View Quote

14.4 oz isn't too bad. Add a set of lightweight mounts and we might have a winner.  

My point of reference is I put a spare Burris RT-6 w/ PEPR mount and it made what was a lightweight, great handling rifle into a top heavy rifle, but, the RT-6 and mount are 17.4 + 9 oz's totaling about 26.4 oz.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

I also have a Bushnell TRS-25 on my 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#15]

14.4 oz isn't too bad. Add a set of lightweight mounts and we might have a winner.  

My point of reference is I put a spare Burris RT-6 w/ PEPR mount and it made what was a lightweight, great handling rifle into a top heavy rifle, but, the RT-6 and mount are 17.4 + 9 oz's totaling about 26.4 oz.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23396/IMG_1881-3201281.jpg

I can also attest to the accupoints toughness.  Had a rifle fall off a shooting bench and land on concrete.  The scope took most of the impact and had a big gouge in it.  It never lost zero and still works fine five years later.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Not a RAR, but since the American Predator has been brought up here, I just saw Grab a Gun has the 18" .308 for $399
American Predator
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Trumpet:
Not a RAR, but since the American Predator has been brought up here, I just saw Grab a Gun has the 18" .308 for $399
American Predator
View Quote

That right there is extremely tempting.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By FishKepr:

Giving up for today.  I’ve put quite bit of force on it and that brake refuses to budge.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/958/IMG_6057_jpeg-3205750.JPG
Will give it another try tomorrow.  If that fails it’s going to a pro.  
View Quote

Heat with a torch or heat gun, hose down with penetrating oil, heat, oil, heat oil.

The thermal cycling plus penetrating oil will break the corrosion bond and you should be able to get it off.

Are you using a metal rod through the ports?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Any sources for factory 223 takeoffs or prefits-less than $400?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:46:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mPisi:
It's ridiculous that I'm sending a note about a $375 .22LR, but I thought this was kind of cool distributor exclusive Ruger American Rimfire.  16" threaded barrel with burnt bronze ceracote.  That would look really cool with a nice wood stock.
https://www.deleonrxgunsandammo.com/product/american-r-f-22lr-16-miniranch-15rd
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13081/1065877-14298088_jpg-3204387.JPG
View Quote

That's pretty great looking

if it can deliver accuracy that might be awesome fun
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:00:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By colklink:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By colklink:
Originally Posted By Trumpet:
American Predator

Wow, I've kinda been wanting a .308, I bet they're blowing those out to make room for the Gen 2 models.  Ruger has some pretty cool color combos coming out.

So what's the difference between a Ruger Standard, Predator, and Ranch? From what I can see it's only barrel length?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Wow, I've kinda been wanting a .308, I bet they're blowing those out to make room for the Gen 2 models.  Ruger has some pretty cool color combos coming out.

So what's the difference between a Ruger Standard, Predator, and Ranch? From what I can see it's only barrel length?
View Quote

Standard does not have muzzle threads.

Predator and Ranch do. There also might be a barrel contour difference between a Predator and Standard.

Predator has been offered in versions that take AICS mags out of the box.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:49:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Maybe some of the gentlemen who want to paint their RARs should consider gun paint from Brownells. I think they have their own brand which isn't too expensive. I know Duracoat isn't the cheapest anymore. I'm not sure about KG Gunkote.
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#25]
I just noticed on Rugers website they are offering the Ranch Gen 2 model in 6.5 Creedmoor now. I think that is awesome.
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By GlockCamper:
I just noticed on Rugers website they are offering the Ranch Gen 2 model in 6.5 Creedmoor now. I think that is awesome.
View Quote

.308 Win too

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#27]
That’s badass
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:48:38 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

I was really looking at a Predator or whatever Gen1, but now that one's in the mix too.
But AR10 mag or GTFO.
Page / 48
Next Page Arrow Left
Ruger American Ranch (Page 48 of 48)
Top Top