[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:
Sony caved!
View Quote
Sony was defeated
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:28:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m so confused. I just bought the game 2 days ago on my ps5.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:01:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thirsty] [#4]
Originally Posted By spidey07:
View Quote

You’re G2G then.

Sony was requiring Steam PC players to sign up for a PSN account to play the game, claiming it was for “security purposes” and to “improve gameplay experiences” by limiting cheating, griefing, etc.- all horseshit excuses for what many believe is a data grabbing scheme to inflate PSN user numbers. I mean, the “security purposes” excuse is flat laughable since PSN has been hacked numerous times. The requirement was originally delayed to ensure Helldivers servers would work under player load, which was a huge unknown at launch.

The resulting problem is that PSN isn’t available to all countries, including countries that already have a significant player base on PC, so Steam bricked their copy of the game, rendering it unplayable at Sony’s demand.

Sony backed down on the requirement, for now.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:18:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By thirsty:

You’re G2G then.

Sony was requiring Steam PC players to sign up for a PSN account to play the game, claiming it was for “security purposes” and to “improve gameplay experiences” by limiting cheating, griefing, etc.- all horseshit excuses for what many believe is a data grabbing scheme to inflate PSN user numbers. I mean, the “security purposes” excuse is flat laughable since PSN has been hacked numerous times. The requirement was originally delayed to ensure Helldivers servers would work under player load, which was a huge unknown at launch.

The resulting problem is that PSN isn’t available to all countries, including countries that already have a significant player base on PC, so Steam bricked their copy of the game, rendering it unplayable at Sony’s demand.

View Quote

Which is silly if they had just offered a cool cape for PC players that signed up with PSN they would have gotten most of them with zero blowback.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Gameguard nprotect is a shitty drm that compromises your system with a shitty rootkit.   Also includes a keylogger.     Enjoy all your activity on your computer being accessible.

Clowns shoulda just went with easy anti cheat, but no  
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AccuracyThruVolume:
Gameguard nprotect is a shitty drm that compromises your system with a shitty rootkit.   Also includes a keylogger.     Enjoy all your activity on your computer being accessible.

Clowns shoulda just went with easy anti cheat, but no  
View Quote

Its a PVE multiplayer game that you unlock most of the guns and upgrades relatively quickly. Im sure there are some cheaters, but they are largely only robbing themselves of fun.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:53:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#8]

You’re G2G then.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You’re G2G then.

Thanks. I tried to add my best friend as we JUST installed the game 2 days ago.  Both ps5. We had to share some code to friend up/party up in the game. WTF!  I just want to play wif my fren
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:03:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Thanks. I tried to add my best friend as we JUST installed the game 2 days ago.  Both ps5. We had to share some code to friend up/party up in the game. WTF!  I just want to play wif my fren
View Quote

Friend codes are an anti-spam/phishing mechanism that's sadly needed these days.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You’re G2G then.

Once added as a friend, they will always be on your list to join up with.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top