BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JustinU235:
I carry the emotional baggage of growing up watching my dad beat my mom. I even leveled a shot gun on his chest once to defend her but was too much of a pussy to pull the trigger. I was 12. He's nearing death and I'm not sure I care. It has affected me my entire adult life and I think I should get therapy so I can better deal with it in my remaining life.
View Quote

Damn. I'm sorry bro, that's gotta be heavy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I was raised with the following adages:
It's always darkest before the dawn.
It's never so bad as it could be worse.
There but for the grace of God go I.

And the Serenity Prayer.

I'm dealing with mild high blood pressure, and some residual prostate cancer issues which seem to be under control. Great medical insurance and care. Reading this thread let's me know how comparatively minor my problems are. I am grateful for my life and family. Wife has memory issues due to contracting West Nile virus 6 years ago, and my 94 year old Mother has memory issues also. I'm grateful that I am here to be able to take of them, and still work part-time at a job that I love. Also have a pretty lucrative side gig that pays well.
I'm also doing mentoring for fellow prostate cancer folks.

So, all in all I feel truly blessed with the life I have. There have been some dark times in the past, but faith, prayers, love from family, and the grace of God have carried me through it all.

All I can say OP is never surrender. You have a support group here so don't be afraid to reach out to me and others here. God never gives us more we can handle, even though it may seem that way to you at the moment. I'm glad I stopped in on this thread. It is a good reminder for me to count my blessings. I'll help you any way I can.

Whenever I get a little down, I look around me and tell my self to quit my bitching and get back to the job at hand.

TL;DR To answer the OP's question, really not much. All of you in this thread are in my prayers. Reach out if you need to talk.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd rather leave a list of what's right with me.

It would be an easier read for the TLDR crowd.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#4]
A few pounds overweight, especially compared to my hyper fit 20s.   Eyes going, slowly.  I wear contacts now, no lasik for me.  
Ingrown nails on my big toes.

Uhhhh

Guess that's it.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Cardiomyopathy. Late stage. Waiting for a transplant.
Everything else is great. Really.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#6]

My thoughts are with your daughter and your family.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:
Oldest daughter just had a CT scan showing she is ate up with liver cancer. 29yo.  MRI and Oncology appointment is next week.  Waiting to see if there is any hope.

My thoughts are with your daughter and your family.

Thank you very much.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:15:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Charlie556] [#7]
Rheumatoid arthritis put me out of work 3 years ago. It’s more or less under control now but it flares up occasionally. Kidney stones that started about a year half ago and I seem to pass one about every 6 months. Twice they put me in the ER on morphine that did nothing. Blood pressure goes up and down but I’m on meds for that. Occasional irregular heartbeat that the cardiologist thought might be caused by a node firing on its own for some reason. He didn’t suggest anything right now but there is a procedure that can repair it if necessary.

On the upside the joystick still works fine without help so things could be worse.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#8]
im just tired.

between my business and 4 kids im exhausted.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:26:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:
Without going into too much detail (which are most excruciating), had some crap go down 3 years ago (all my fault) which hit me in 3 different ways, my mom died of cancer in the middle of it, I'm still recovering from all of it, I don't get to see my friends barely ever, the world and society is turning to shit, and I'm a lonely, crazy fuck trying to find a woman because I'm not getting younger and never had a meaningful relationship. And I'm in no position to have a dog, even though I want one. Every day is exactly the fucking same, has been for some time, and I simply don't know how long it's going to take to sort out all my shit, but things are getting better.
View Quote

Free advice.

Focus on betting yourself.  Not women.
Make more money, get promoted, go to the gym, learn a new language, pick up the guitar, take a 2nd job, volunteer at an old folks home.  Just work on you.

The women will come into YOUR life.  Not the other way around.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Lots of back pain around here. Mine: spinal stenosis, facet hypertrophy and four bulging discs. Doc said I had the spine of an old man. That was 2001. Since then spondyloarthritis has been added to the list. Pain has gotten particularly intense lately and a fresh MRI is scheduled for Friday. Memory is getting quite poor. I’m sure the pills and self medicating with alcohol has nothing to do with it. Any weight gain makes my pain worse, which makes me drink and take more pills, which make me super hungry. Cervical pain is also starting. No nerve impingement yet but fusions run in the family.

Three beautiful girls about to start college and I can barely work a part time job. And hours are constantly being cut. Wife’s job as a teacher is making her bitter. She used to love people, especially kids. Pretty sure I borked our taxes and the feds are coming for me before the invaders. More problems but that’s enough self pity for now.

I’m incredibly grateful to have a healthy family. No disease or overweight conditions. Lots of people we know aren’t. One guy I know let his wife mandate the shots for all of them and now his girl has a heart condition. I couldn’t handle that. Also my girls are confident enough to not seek male approval. They even do public speaking well. Things could be worse.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Day 15 of Foley catheter.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I am in my early sixties but have the heart of a 100 year old.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 14Karat:
Day 15 of Foley catheter.
View Quote

Bummer. My buddy had one that wouldn’t deflate. Had to pull it out. On the positive side, he can empty his bladder in just a few seconds now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Karankawa:

Bummer. My buddy had one that wouldn’t deflate. Had to pull it out. On the positive side, he can empty his bladder in just a few seconds now.
View Quote

Interdasting!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:28:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CastleBravo91] [#15]
Originally Posted By JamiesGotAGun:

Free advice.

Focus on betting yourself.  Not women.
Make more money, get promoted, go to the gym, learn a new language, pick up the guitar, take a 2nd job, volunteer at an old folks home.  Just work on you.

The women will come into YOUR life.  Not the other way around.

View Quote

I have been. I got sober, I got in shape (I could do more cardio), cut out toxic friends, got my mind more balanced so I'm not beating myself up all the time, already play guitar....still got some other shit I'm sorting out, but I am sorting it out and am almost done with the bullcrap. My life isn't all that exciting right this moment, but I'm happier than I've been in a long time despite all the crap I've put myself through in the last few years.

But soon it's going to be getting way better in many ways.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:10:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By RadioHack:
They say misery loves company, let's comisserate.

I'll start -

My Blood pressure is out of control due to stress (170/105)

Messed up my left ACL for the past 3 weeks, each step hurts,

Can’t sleep,

Small business is struggling for the past year due to the horrendous economy, it’s bleeding my savings dry, so some drastic decisions will soon have to be made,

My thoracic spine area is locked tight which is causing my age-old broken clavicle and dislocated shoulders to flare up, more pain there,

There are more injuries that are acting up too, including that I open fractured a couple of fingers in my left hand just over a year ago and I can’t feel anything in them, except neuropathy, so I’m doing everything basically one and half handed,

My diabetic 89-year-old Mother, who is sliding into dementia, is a classic narcissist and constantly demands my attention, none of the siblings will help,

My wife is fed up with all the stress (we just went through a years long fiasco to settle her diagnosed schizoid sister and cerebral palsy inflicted niece into a secure living and financial situation – all the paperwork and arrangements handled by me as her family stood by and watched),

We just moved her 90-year-old Mother (a blessed lovely Saint of a woman – thank God), into a tiny house built on my wife’s Sister and BIL's Ranch,

My church is full bent on self-destruction, so much so, I can’t tolerate it any more,

I grew up in 5 different countries, I have no real friends and all my older family relations are all dead, so I have no one to talk to,

My wife is a wonderful woman but she getting tired of my stress levels and since I’m almost 60, I’m just now beginning to process some of the shite that went down in Ireland and Africa.

Did I mention my distress at my beloved adopted USA is being destroyed right before eyes?

It’s all so Shakespearean, but without a pithy turn of phrase.
View Quote

This reminds me of a line from an old Serbian movie: "I can't remember all of that, I'll tell them you died already."  But, fuck it.  Life is a bitch sometimes, and all you can do is do your best and keep your head up.  

I have a trip booked to Europe in July and August, and just booked a trip to Dominican republic with 67 other people (all families & kids that i have known for 20+ years)  That is in October.  Got my taxes back yesterday, and just on capital gains tax for a townhouse we sold last September after renting it for a while I now own the government 36K more.  Lmfao, what do you do?  Fucking governments.  

Keep on trucking.  

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I am too fucking poor to do anything anymore.  I can barely keep the lights on and groceries in the fridge.  Havent been fishing in over a year and now I can't afford a new license.  I can't afford to go shooting, plus I sold almost all my guns.  I sold almost all of my model trains too.

Now my only hobby is sitting on my ass on the couch because I can't afford to do anything else.  

I used to make fuckloads of money but these past 3 years have been fucking rough.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top