Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/5/2024 1:48:51 PM EDT
Way to go Sony. You had one job, not fuck it up with a forced PSN account. Yet here we are.... Is anyone going for a refund?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:08:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -daddy:

Send em to the bears.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
Originally Posted By mcantu:
Community Manager admits it's so they can ban people more easily

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMsmhT1a4AAz-ON?format=jpg&name=medium

Women need to get out of gaming.

I said it

Send em to the bears.

Quests not politics
Guilds not gays
Stories not propaganda
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:16:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GDaawg] [#2]

The shift away from server tools and community servers was a turrible thing. Literally one of the worst things to come to multiplayer games and gamers. Rarely do I meet new gamer friends, the group of people I play with now are the same ones I gamed with 10-15+ years ago when community servers were the thing.
View Quote

You can still play games on PC that are designed with community servers in mind. You are just going to have to steer clear of AA and AAA garbage and play some of the better indie multipleyer gsmes that are specifically not designed for consoles.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:16:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Refund denied twice.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:18:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By mcantu:
Community Manager admits it's so they can ban people more easily

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMsmhT1a4AAz-ON?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote
Based. All the other gaming companies feed on Chinese hackers repeatedly gaining access after bans just to boost engagement numbers for shareholders
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GDaawg:

You can still play games on PC that are designed with community servers in mind. You are just going to have to steer clear of AA and AAA garbage and play some of the better indie multipleyer gsmes.
View All Quotes

The shift away from server tools and community servers was a turrible thing. Literally one of the worst things to come to multiplayer games and gamers. Rarely do I meet new gamer friends, the group of people I play with now are the same ones I gamed with 10-15+ years ago when community servers were the thing.

You can still play games on PC that are designed with community servers in mind. You are just going to have to steer clear of AA and AAA garbage and play some of the better indie multipleyer gsmes.

I still run many a game server. But it's not like it used to be.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:19:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

@Phillbilly

The company that makes helldivers is now forcing everyone to link to the playstation network to be able to play the game when that was not necessary when it initially came out. This includes people who don't have a playstation and aren't using the PSN and who bought and play the game on a PC only. There are some very wild stories about having to give sony your government ID and do biometric face scans and etc to register on their network, and sony/psn has had the living daylights hacked out of it for years now, leaking people's information everywhere.

This happened because the company that made the game had no idea how many people would want to play the game on release date and the demand to get on the servers to play outstripped what the servers could handle and the company that made the game had to do anything they could to meet the demand, and part of that included not making people also register for the playstation network to play the game, which apparently WAS a requirement they were going to force on everyone.

People are pretty sure this is something that sony is coercing all the game makers to do so sony can bluster and blow sunshine up investor's orifices with artificially inflated player count numbers.

The company that makes the game also shot itself in the foot via one of it's employees or contractors (a community manager, IIRC) making comments on twitter about why they did it, people called bunk on her initial reasoning for it, and she than said "it's so we can block and ban people more effectively."  Of course that led to her getting raked over the coals and she locked up her twitter account.

HD2@ reviews have turned negative VERY quickly and people are beyond ticked.

------------------------

This is why gamers need to re-learn that they should DEMAND private server software.

You CANNOT trust the game makers and networks. They DO NOT have your best interests in mind.

If you're setup on your own private server with your own voice comms and robust in game text chat the game company has a very hard time screwing with you.
View Quote
They moved to always online and only official servers to make more money, and games as a service are continuing the increased profit trend.
Why let people play the games they bought a few years ago when they can "shut the servers down" and sell a "new" version at full price that they can further monetize with DLC and micro transactions?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

The wild west where it was just a contest to see how many racial slurs you could post in the lobby before the game started
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:23:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Dude early gaming was so great.

You'd randomly be on a server and a Japanese dude and a Korean dude are trading slurs.

Go to different lobby and French dude and English dude trading slurs

Be in own country, and black people are calling white people the n word.

It was glorious and I miss it so much.

Kids yelling horrible slurs but you hear them get in trouble over the mic
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:24:54 PM EDT
[#9]
What are you like fucking 12?

(Racial slurs)

JIMMY THAT'S IT YOU'RE DONE THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE YOU'RE GOING TO YOUR ROOM

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:26:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -daddy] [#10]

The wild west where it was just a contest to see how many racial slurs you could post in the lobby before the game started
View All Quotes

I was brought up (technically before) in an era of meatspin, 1 man 1 jar, 2 girls 1 cup, and goatse sprays...this generation saddens me.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#11]

You'd randomly be on a server and a Japanese dude and a Korean dude are trading slurs.

View Quote

I used to get drunk and make sex noises in the COD lobbies.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#12]

I was brought up in an era of meatspin, 1 man 1 jar, 2 girls 1 cup, and goatse sprays...this generation saddens me.
View All Quotes

I was brought up in an era of meatspin, 1 man 1 jar, 2 girls 1 cup, and goatse sprays...this generation saddens me.

They will never know a glorious era of disgust while also listening to people call each other incorrect racial slurs.

Man it was so fun. There would be like a black dude who made a mistake and someone would call him a chink. And this is in an era where the n word was spammed everywhere.

It was just so funny.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

The wild west of early online gaming was beautiful.

The government ruins everything.

Sex noises, slurs, some dudes just were dicks and left the mic next to something that created noise.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:31:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I dream of a return to a world where the Chappelle show could air on broadcast television again
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:32:32 PM EDT
[#15]

They will never know a glorious era of disgust while also listening to people call each other incorrect racial slurs.

Man it was so fun. There would be like a black dude who made a mistake and someone would call him a chink. And this is in an era where the n word was spammed everywhere.

It was just so funny.
View All Quotes

It was just so funny.

I used to fan the flames between the Koreans and the Japanese players in Unreal Tournament
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Echd:
I dream of a return to a world where the Chappelle show could air on broadcast television again
View Quote

Or The Boondocks
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:39:23 PM EDT
[#17]

I used to fan the flames between the Koreans and the Japanese players in Unreal Tournament
View All Quotes

It was just so funny.

Fucking legend.

I don't even have a gaming system anymore. I'll buy one for Skyrim 6.

Gaming really boils down to dudes being ridiculous. Both offensively and inoffensively. When I played Dark Souls you'd get an online bro and maybe for like 30 seconds you'd just tap "present sword" really fast while staring at each other in the game.

Like I don't even get why it's so fun but it is.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Fucking legend.

Gaming really boils down to dudes being ridiculous. Both offensively and inoffensively. When I played Dark Souls you'd get an online bro and maybe for like 30 seconds you'd just tap "present sword" really fast while staring at each other in the game.

View All Quotes

It was just so funny.

Fucking legend.

I have a group of buddies that I've been gaming with for 10-20 years depending on the person, they expect me to say the most ridiculous things imaginable....And I oblige
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#19]
HD2 was fun for 3 weeks, but the missions are too short and the lobby system in the space ship sucked. Too much down time. I am only going to play an hour 2 or 3 times a week. I dont want to spend half of it in a lobby.

I like open world engines like Division 2. Get in game and spend as long as you want in no lobby. Just go kill shit. Sure, you can join a mission and it might take a while, but you can play while you wait for match make.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:05:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By gotigers:
HD2 was fun for 3 weeks, but the missions are too short and the lobby system in the space ship sucked. Too much down time. I am only going to play an hour 2 or 3 times a week. I dont want to spend half of it in a lobby.

I like open world engines like Division 2. Get in game and spend as long as you want in no lobby. Just go kill shit. Sure, you can join a mission and it might take a while, but you can play while you wait for match make.
View Quote

Gotta have friends. My buddies and I buy each other games to play for this exact reason.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:08:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PresidentJ] [#21]
I enjoyed hell divers 2. First real game i genuinely enjoyed in like the last 5 years. Complete absence of required micro transactions and play to win mechanics. Sad to see it get tanked so hard, and I sympathize with the developers because I could feel the love
Throughout that game. I do hope it recovers.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:15:42 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
Yea my kid got kicked off PS network for a George Floyd comment. I explained to not post that stuff during a game.

Another time he posted a topless anime chick in some lobby etc. I had to punish him, but he had good taste in anime tits
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:24:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Yea my kid got kicked off PS network for a George Floyd comment. I explained to not post that stuff during a game.

Another time he posted a topless anime chick in some lobby etc. I had to punish him, but he had good taste in anime tits
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:32:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Oof
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:43:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Talk about not understanding PR.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:46:28 PM EDT
[#26]

If you getting a refund, you weren't really fighting for Super Earth and Managed Democracy.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:51:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Seven-Shooter:
This type of shit is one of many reasons I shifted from PlayStation to Xbox.  Microsoft is still bad, but not this bad.
View Quote

Microsoft has always been stupid.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/xbox-launches-new-resource-to-help-developers-add-inclusion-into-their-games

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/games/resources/productinclusion/

This virtue signal cannot work if they don't get enough developers to do it. She says they won't be forcing developers to use it.

Besides the fact that I just plain old don't believe her ... well, great. I expect them to do the "You've been volun-told you have to do this, have a nice day."
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:53:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By CoolioDot223:
Still a good game

Stop crying
View Quote

Because clearly, the very best game in the world is worth giving your personal info to a company that's known for leaking that info all over the world and to every criminal who knows what tor is.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:12:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: odiedodi] [#29]
Still a good game

Stop crying
View Quote
Except when people actually stand up for their rights as consumers, shit gets done.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:17:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#30]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Except when people actually stand up for their rights as consumers, shit gets done.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Gamers of the world UNITE!

W
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:27:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LordEC911] [#31]

View All Quotes
Still a good game

Stop crying

Yep. 203k negative reviews on Steam from May 3rd through May 5th. 87% negative in the last 30days.
It only took 3days to flip 3months of goodwill and positive reviews to only 43% positive overall.

Edit- Now they need to cement this decision and verifying they won't do a takesy-backsey in 6months.
They should also fire their entire CM team. That is a very big concern for me now if I were to buy the game.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:34:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
I remember when steam first came out.... I mean back when it was optional to use it. Man, it was BAD in the beginning
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:35:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#33]

View All Quotes
Still a good game

Stop crying

So they're not doing it on the sixth.

They didn't say they won't force them to later.

If you watch the asmongold clip in the thread, he shows where the ceo of the company responsible for HD2 admits he knew this would happen beforehand but that he decided to let it happen anyways.

The unsaid part is ... there's no way THEY were going to take the loss, if they could instead choose to pass that on to the players.

The live service model is not good for game developers either. If you release and do well stuff like this can happen to you.

This would have been a complete non-issue if they had given players the ability to run private servers. They could have sold the thing to infinity and beyond.

PSN has lost them money.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:46:20 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
I noticed, but it's a start.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:11:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#35]
View All Quotes

We noticed, but from what I saw in the twitter thread, the game bros haven't. I guess they don't know to look out for suspiciously specific language. Someone needs to clue them in and get them to put the pressure back on till a full capitulation happens.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:32:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By LordEC911:

Yep. 203k negative reviews on Steam from May 3rd through May 5th. 87% negative in the last 30days.
It only took 3days to flip 3months of goodwill and positive reviews to only 43% positive overall.
https://i.imgur.com/LDnLIhi.png

Edit- Now they need to cement this decision and verifying they won't do a takesy-backsey in 6months.
They should also fire their entire CM team. That is a very big concern for me now if I were to buy the game.
View Quote

We should be thankful that their CM team was stupid enough to stoke the fires by showing their asses. I don't think this would have gotten near the outrage if it wasn't for them making it worse at every possible step along the way.

I don't know why companies thought making the Reddit moderator persona the prime candidate for Twitter and Discord communication would be a good idea for their image, yet here we are. At least it hasn't come out that they are all actually 13 year old fans that were just given moderator status. Yet.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:29:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#37]
Sony reversing the stance, wow. I didn't see that coming.

Guess I'll be diving after all today.

Dont forget to switch your reviews back to positive.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:41:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By GimpyPaw:
Sony waited just over 4 months after release before they pulled this BS, which put it just outside the normal range for a credit chargeback.  Lots of people are pissed off about this one.
View Quote

And a week before their earnings report, so they could claim _00,000 new PSN accounts were created.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:47:19 AM EDT
[#39]
What are you like fucking 12?

(Racial slurs)

JIMMY THAT'S IT YOU'RE DONE THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE YOU'RE GOING TO YOUR ROOM

View Quote

My wife yells at me when she hears me talking shit to my headset.
She can't hear the things they're saying to me and doesn't believe they're calling me names.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:10:46 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:35:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#41]
Originally Posted By LordEC911:

https://i.imgur.com/LDnLIhi.png

View Quote

This needs to happen to Games Workshop/Saber before they bugger up Space Marine 2.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:54:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thirsty] [#42]

View All Quotes
Still a good game

Stop crying

Effin’ A’, Cotton! Effin’ Aaaaaaaa!

I want to believe Joel stepped up for the players. Now reverse those bad reviews and be ready for when Sony steps on its dick again. I 100% believe this isn’t over.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Phillbilly:
Whats this about OP?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#44]
It might be worth noting that “Golden Week” in Japan was April 29th to May 5th. Golden Week is a BIG holiday in Japan. Many companies just shut down for it. People vacation, schools are closed, ect.  

The decision to reverse course was made yesterday, which means somebody had to interupt their vacation.  Somebody with the authority to make that decision no less.

I’m betting Sony is gonna be not happy today.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:07:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Sony caved!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Haven’t trusted them since the SWG clusterfuck.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#48]
We Won! Sony Reverses Course On Helldivers 2
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#49]
At least the CEO of the game company that makes it has a sense of humor:

Said it'll be free as well.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By RarestRX:

At least the CEO of the game company that makes it has a sense of humor:

https://i.imgur.com/C9n6ozv.png

Said it'll be free as well.
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top