-Enhanced Buffer / buffer spring 0
-Self lubricating / anti corrosion coatings 0
-Ambi Bolt Catch +1
-Ambi Bolt release +1
-Ambi safety +1
-45-degree safety selector 0
-Ambi charging handle +1
-Coating / Finish on weapon 0
-Additional novel features +2 (Monolithic Upper, Quick Change Barrel)

Score= +8 enhancement points

Daniel Defense DDM4V7 -$1346 / UPC 815604018487

https://danieldefense.com/firearms/gas-system/mid-length/daniel-defense-m4-carbine-v7tm.html
-Enhanced Handguard +1
-Enhanced Muzzle device 0
-Enhanced barrel +1
-Enhanced Gas System 0
-Enhanced BCG 0
-Enhanced Bolt 0
-Enhanced BCG Coating 0
-Enhanced trigger 0
-Ambi Bolt Catch 0
-Ambi Bolt release 0
-Ambi safety +1
-Ambi charging handle 0
-Additional novel features +1 (6.2lbs - light for a 16" midlength)

Score = +4 enhancement points

Robar Polymar-15SC - $1895
https://robarguns.com/polymar-15/

-Enhanced Handguard +1
-Enhanced Muzzle device +1
-Enhanced barrel +1
-Enhanced Gas System 0
-Enhanced BCG 0
-Enhanced Bolt 0
-Enhanced BCG Coating +1
-Enhanced trigger +1
-Self lubricating / anti corrosion coatings +1
-Ambi Bolt Catch 0
-Ambi Bolt release 0
-Ambi safety 0
-Ambi charging handle 0
-Coating / Finish on weapon +1
-Additional novel features +2  (5.5lbs, Sub MOA guarantee)

Score = +9 enhancement points
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Now just run the point system with other Top Tier AR's, and you have a pretty easy grading rubric.
View Quote
The same BS hogwash could be used to compare a Kia to a Mercedes. Features and shiny shit has little to so with reliability and quality.
Your grading system is as failed as common core math.

And you’re trying to throw plastic rifles into the “hi-end” mix?.......ROFL
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#3]
It's like asking would you rather have a car built by a master mechanic who has been building top quality cars for 30+ Years (who also studied under another master mechanic) or would you rather have one built by someone fresh out of technical school? They have the same features so they're going to be equal right? I think not. That system has some merit, but nowhere near what I think he believes.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

LaRue a boutique AR?  Keep dreaming. You've owned a shot one a lot, right?
View Quote
You seem awful defensive there bub. What about my post touched you in the wrong way exactly?
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#5]
LMT
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 1:41:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You seem awful defensive there bub. What about my post touched you in the wrong way exactly?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t know who said what but anyone that thinks Larue is a boutique AR obviously is not in the know or hasn’t handled one. Seriously can’t think of a no frills AR more than Larue.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
LMT MLC - MSRP $2,499, street price unknown
https://lmtdefense.com/firearms/mlc

-Enhanced Handguard +1
-Enhanced barrel +1
-Enhanced Gas System 0
-Enhanced BCG 0
-Enhanced Bolt 0
-Enhanced BCG Coating 0
-Enhanced trigger 0
-Ambi Bolt Catch +1
-Ambi Bolt release +1
-Ambi safety +1
-Ambi charging handle +1
-Additional novel features +2 (Monolithic Upper, Quick Change Barrel)

Score= +8 enhancement points

Daniel Defense DDM4V7 -$1346 / UPC 815604018487

https://danieldefense.com/firearms/gas-system/mid-length/daniel-defense-m4-carbine-v7tm.html
-Enhanced Handguard +1
-Enhanced barrel +1
-Enhanced Gas System 0
-Enhanced BCG 0
-Enhanced Bolt 0
-Enhanced BCG Coating 0
-Enhanced trigger 0
-Ambi Bolt Catch 0
-Ambi Bolt release 0
-Ambi safety +1
-Ambi charging handle 0
-Additional novel features +1 (6.2lbs - light for a 16" midlength)

Score = +4 enhancement points

Robar Polymar-15SC - $1895
https://robarguns.com/polymar-15/

-Enhanced Handguard +1
-Enhanced Muzzle device +1
-Enhanced barrel +1
-Enhanced Gas System 0
-Enhanced BCG 0
-Enhanced Bolt 0
-Enhanced BCG Coating +1
-Enhanced trigger +1
-Self lubricating / anti corrosion coatings +1
-Ambi Bolt Catch 0
-Ambi Bolt release 0
-Ambi safety 0
-Ambi charging handle 0
-Coating / Finish on weapon +1
-Additional novel features +2  (5.5lbs, Sub MOA guarantee)

Score = +9 enhancement points
View Quote
no thanks on a plastic AR.  And LMT's sopmod stock is a +1 but the exposed gas tube is
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

no thanks on a plastic AR.  And LMT's sopmod stock is a +1 but the exposed gas tube is
View Quote
Huh? Do you mean gas block?  I can understand not wanting an exposed gas tube but not really seeing a problem with an exposed gas block.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Huh? Do you mean gas block?  I can understand not wanting an exposed gas tube but not really seeing a problem with an exposed gas block.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, meant block.  Not ideal in my book
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The same BS hogwash could be used to compare a Kia to a Mercedes. Features and shiny shit has little to so with reliability and quality.
Your grading system is as failed as common core math.
View Quote
The difference being, these are all the same car. And none of them are made by the original manufacturer of the car (armalite/colt.)

The correct analogy would be a "would you rather have a Corvette made by Audi, BMW, Mercedes, or Porshe..."

"Reliability and quality" are not quantifiable metrics. And it's not 2005, where even premium manufacturers were still figuring out how to make a reliable carbine.

All of the manufacturers in the high end (KAC, LMT, LWRC, DD, Larue, Noveske, etc) make "reliable, quality" AR's.

What meaningfully separates them is the features the manufacturers have added to take them to "the next level."

What makes a KAC SR15 the state of the art is not "reliability and quality." It's the Intermediate Gas System, E3 Bolt, and Ambi Lower.

If you have a better grading rubric please feel free the share.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was really bummed to see that the LMT doesn't come with the LMT enhanced bolt - something I didn't know until I compiled the list.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:43:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The difference being, these are all the same car. And none of them are made by the original manufacturer of the car (ArmaLite/Colt)
View Quote
Sort of I guess. Eugene Stoner is the original designer. He went to Knights to perfect his masterpiece and that's how we got the SR line of rifles. On top of this I would put KAC manufacturing way above anything Colt or ArmaLite has put out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Sorry man.....you're wrong.  CMT ambi lowers have ambi mag release and bolt catch.  Throw on a BAD ambi safety, and you're FULL ambi.  And billet to boot.....For cheaper than the LWRC.  Again, all you're gaining is mall ninja spiral fluting on the LWRC.  You get a more accurate rifle with a better trigger with the Larue UU and a CMT ambi lower.

Proof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsRafRNPCjo

Quoted:

You aren't getting a full ambi design with the CMT and instead merely getting an ambi release. The LWRC lower is a far better purchase than the CMT.

Responses in red.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sorry man.....you're wrong.  CMT ambi lowers have ambi mag release and bolt catch.  Throw on a BAD ambi safety, and you're FULL ambi.  And billet to boot.....For cheaper than the LWRC.  Again, all you're gaining is mall ninja spiral fluting on the LWRC.  You get a more accurate rifle with a better trigger with the Larue UU and a CMT ambi lower.

Proof:
View Quote
The CMT Ambi Lower actually just has the Ambi Release, it does not have the Ambi Catch (which is pretty handy for locking the bolt back to show/clear a malfunction.) The catch is actually the most valuable part of the Ambi lower, at least for a right handed shooter.

No one is hating on the Larue UU, but that's not really a "factory rifle" - its a bunch of very nice components in a box that need to be assembled, and then another lower receiver from a different manufacturer must be purchased.

As for the "mall ninja spiral fluting," that shaves 20% of the barrel weight down, allowing the LWRC to have a HBAR barrel that weighs as much as a midweight.

The Larue Stealth 16" barrel weighs 37oz/2.31lbs, which is pretty heavy. Some gay ass mall ninja shit spiraling could cut that weight to 29.6oz - saving 0.46lbs of weight.  That's the weight of an Aimpoint Pro - in useless barrel weight.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#15]
It'd be nice if that spiral fluted barrel actually shot groups like the Larue does.

As far as an ambi catch.....I don't care.  Maybe some people do.  The ambi parts that are needed while actually running the gun are there (mag release and bolt release).

Quoted:

The CMT Ambi Lower actually just has the Ambi Release, it does not have the Ambi Catch (which is pretty handy for locking the bolt back to show/clear a malfunction.) The catch is actually the most valuable part of the Ambi lower, at least for a right handed shooter.

https://www.cmttac.com/image/cache/data/AMBI%20LWR%20ONLY%20RS-800x800.jpg

No one is hating on the Larue UU, but that's not really a "factory rifle" - its a bunch of very nice components in a box that need to be assembled, and then another lower receiver from a different manufacturer must be purchased.

As for the "mall ninja spiral fluting," that shaves 20% of the barrel weight down, allowing the LWRC to have a HBAR barrel that weighs as much as a midweight.

The Larue Stealth 16" barrel weighs 37oz/2.31lbs, which is pretty heavy. Some gay ass mall ninja shit spiraling could cut that weight to 29.6oz - saving 0.46lbs of weight.  That's the weight of an Aimpoint Pro - in useless barrel weight.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Proof:
View Quote
Your video proves you to be wrong, it's as I said an ambi release.

And the ambi catch is extremely useful in a class environment and when working with any malfunction drills, as locking the bolt back without changing your grip to work the magazine/bolt/inspect is viable.

Sorry that your love for your setup leads you to make compromising decisions but the LWRC/LMT spec ambi lowers are superior to the CMT
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#17]
You're right.  Ambi bolt release and mag release only on the CMT.  Not an ambi bolt catch.  Again, everything needed to run the rifle is ambi.  If you really need an ambi catch.....well.....I'm going to stop there.

Still.....whooptido.  I don't personally care about an ambi catch.  I wouldn't hinge a rifle purchase on that feature whatsoever.  You get a better barrel and trigger with the Larue for cheaper.

The only way I think the LWRC is better for someone is if they can't assemble an AR properly.

Quoted:

And the ambi catch is extremely useful in a class environment and when working with any malfunction drills, as locking the bolt back without changing your grip to work the magazine/bolt/inspect is viable.

Sorry that your love for your setup leads you to make compromising decisions but the LWRC/LMT spec ambi lowers are superior to the CMT
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You're right.  Ambi bolt release and mag release only on the CMT.  Not an ambi bolt catch.  Again, everything needed to run the rifle is ambi.  If you really need an ambi catch.....well.....I'm going to stop there.

Still.....whooptido.  I don't personally care about an ambi catch.  I wouldn't hinge a rifle purchase on that feature whatsoever.  You get a better barrel and trigger with the Larue for cheaper.

The only way I think the LWRC is better for someone is if they can't assemble an AR properly.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or you can purchase the LWRC lower from Brownells, which comes with the Geissele SSA-E trigger already installed and actually come out ahead of the CMT in quality/features all for around the same price. The complete lower is currently 599.99 (With Geissele trigger already installed) and you can still slap the Larue upper onto it.

Also careful on your responses man, they appear to be very GD quality and not suited for a technical discussion, at least in regards to your last statement. Let's keep this constructive and not GD level of posts.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah I agree, let’s keep this thread realistic and constructive. Good debate so far

Look, I’m a huge Larue fanboy and use their products wherever I can. Along with Geissele. When I did my 16” RECCE inspired build last year it was a no brainer to go with the Stealth barrel. It’s very accurate and runs fine suppressed. For ultimate precision, I’m all in with Larue.

But as stated, I’m looking for a new designated HD rifle. I took a couple carbine courses recently and it was eye opening. I am a believer in ambi bolt catches now. But forget a BAD lever, I’ve tried one and under stress it just confuses me.

Ive seen great things in Larue rifles but there have been a few things lately that at least have me considering other options. One is the fitment with lowers. Look at the pics of the UU kit with even Larue lowers. Not the best. Is it 99% cosmetic, probably so. But what does that do to your confidence at that point. There is also the fact that most Stealth barrels are a little over gassed. I only run 5.56 ammo. Either XM193, TAP 62, or MK262 77 gr. So I don’t really see the need for a larger gas port. Larue Stealth is still more of a precision rifle than a 0-200 yard Carbine IMO. It’s whats in their DNA...precision.

I don’t see how anyone could have something negative to say about the LWRC other than the trigger. Again, I just wish it came with a 14.5” barrel.

If I went Larue UU kit, I do have a Joe Bobs billet lower that I could try first. It’s a very nice piece, just not ambi.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#20]
This whole thread is dildos

Top Tier=Price. Got it

I had an LWRC that was horrifically inaccurate, even had them replace my barrel. I have a KAC right now that is a picky eater.

You have a lot to learn.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It'd be nice if that spiral fluted barrel actually shot groups like the Larue does.

As far as an ambi catch.....I don't care.  Maybe some people do.  The ambi parts that are needed while actually running the gun are there (mag release and bolt release).

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://www.cmttac.com/image/cache/data/AMBI%20LWR%20ONLY%20RS-800x800.jpg

My larue barrel didn't impress. FGMM 77gr and 69gr didn't blow my skirt up. Right at an MOA, some groups just under.  For $200 it's fine, but it ain't the end all be all.

I think they put out a few stellar barrels and a few average.  No different than other barrel makers at the same price point.

And don't quote the moa challenge as gospel. The top three larue claims were made by liars. One of those tards claimed sub half moa with ADI 69gr.  He got called on his bullshit and promptly disappeared. The number 1 claim is made by a business owner with questionable integrity and a known bullshitter.  That list went from being an awesome idea, to shot full of bullshit from internet commandos.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#22]
i have two Colts that are 30 years old. never let me down
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This whole thread is dildos

Top Tier=Price. Got it

I had an LWRC that was horrifically inaccurate, even had them replace my barrel. I have a KAC right now that is a picky eater.

You have a lot to learn.
View Quote
Who are you addressing big boy? Tell us more 16’er.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:30:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Who are you addressing big boy?
View Quote
What is your definition of "Top Tier"? Highest level of expense?

If you want to spend money just get a LaRue, KAC, or even better build a V7 yourself with all their highest price parts.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:38:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What is your definition of "Top Tier"? Highest level of expense?

If you want to spend money just get a LaRue, KAC, or even better build a V7 yourself with all their highest price parts.
View Quote
At what point has ANYONE said price alone defines top tier? Go shit in someone’s else’s thread.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:40:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

At what point has ANYONE said price alone defines top tier? Go shit in someone’s else’s thread.
View Quote
Why is a Colt not good enough?
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one has said Colt isn't a good rifle, on the contrary many have stated it's the standard milspec rifle.

The KAC/LMT rifles actually push the platform though, not just doing the same thing over and over.

The E3 bolt + carrier modifications from KAC and the LMT Enhanced BCG are two of the most thought out upgrades to come to the platform.

Yes, they are expensive but R&D comes at a cost. And no offense but you commenting on KAC issues doesn't hold much water when countless members here have had no issues in competitions and classes.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:52:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No one has said Colt isn't a good rifle, on the contrary many have stated it's the standard milspec rifle.

The KAC/LMT rifles actually push the platform though, not just doing the same thing over and over.

The E3 bolt + carrier modifications from KAC and the LMT Enhanced BCG are two of the most thought out upgrades to come to the platform.

Yes, they are expensive but R&D comes at a cost. And no offense but you commenting on KAC issues doesn't hold much water when countless members here have had no issues in competitions and classes.
View Quote
There are 2 in this thread alone. It just seems like the way OP is talking like he/she/shman/it is discrediting all the "lower tier" guns. When in reality, OP should just ask what cost the most because OP wants to spend a lot of money but make sure OP buys a something OP gets approval from the hive first.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 11:00:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

There are 2 in this thread alone. It just seems like the way OP is talking like he/she/shman/it is discrediting all the "lower tier" guns. When in reality, OP should just ask what cost the most because OP wants to spend a lot of money but make sure OP buys a something OP gets approval from the hive first.
View Quote
You are a clown man, lol.

Zerlak don’t waste your time. A quick look at his other posts and you’ll quickly pickup on his M.O.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 11:03:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You are a clown man, lol.

Zerlak don’t waste your time. A quick look at his other posts and you’ll quickly pickup on his M.O.
View Quote
Why can't you answer any of my questions? Instead you call me a 16'er on a slow ass edit then you call me a clown.

What makes the Colt not top tier? The price?
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 11:04:52 PM EDT
[#31]
*Mods please lock*

Got what we needed from this thread.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 11:08:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
*Mods please lock*

Got what we needed from this thread.
View Quote
In your OP you wrote "Sorry Colt, DD, and BCM. Gotta go be poor somewhere else right now." which just says to me you want to spend a bunch of money but you want to know what the hive approves of first.

I want to know what makes Colt, DD, BCM less tier. Why don't you say it?
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 4:25:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Of all the top shelp top tier AR-15 companies listed, which of these offers light weight carbine size firearms?  I must admit my old Bushmaster modular optic carbine is heavy - 10 pounds with out a 30 round Magpul magazine.  Then when I weighed my Armalite AR-180 it weighed only 7.5 pounds without a magazine.  I would love something that had a free float barrel and full length hand guard.  At least 16 inch barrel.  Seems like the piston AR-15 carbines would be the route.  Please chime in and give me some idea on what I should be looking for.  BTW, I want to buy right off the rack without needing to piece something together.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 6:23:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Of all the top shelp top tier AR-15 companies listed, which of these offers light weight carbine size firearms?  I must admit my old Bushmaster modular optic carbine is heavy - 10 pounds with out a 30 round Magpul magazine.  Then when I weighed my Armalite AR-180 it weighed only 7.5 pounds without a magazine.  I would love something that had a free float barrel and full length hand guard.  At least 16 inch barrel.  Seems like the piston AR-15 carbines would be the route.  Please chime in and give me some idea on what I should be looking for.  BTW, I want to buy right off the rack without needing to piece something together.  Thanks.
View Quote
The Daniel Defense V7LW is 6.05lbs, one of the lighter off the shelf carbines.

If you want something a bit more on the wild side, the Kaiser X7 Monarch is 4.5lbs.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 7:13:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
A Knight’s Mod 2 is 6.1 pounds. What do you consider “light weight”?
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is V7's complete  16” 556/223 LR ENLIGHTENED RIFLE in at 4lb 13.5oz made with some awesome materials

ETA: The 14.5" version is 4lbs. 9oz which is crazy light. You can pin weld for legal purposes
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:32:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Still liking my LWRC DI.. It's a great shooter

Link Posted: 3/3/2018 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Looks like I have a new Larue 6.5 Grendel on the way with matching lower, Looking for a long range steel plunker
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 10:04:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Why can't you answer any of my questions? Instead you call me a 16'er on a slow ass edit then you call me a clown.

View Quote
I don't mind answering that question.

I like Colt, I think it's a dependable rifle and I'll start my son out on one if I have one, but it's not a tier which isn't a knock against it.  Top tier shouldn't leave you wanting, nor should I have to buy parts to get it the way most modern rifles are sold.  Colts don't come with light ff rails, , low profile gas blocks, solid triggers, better hardware, or any new innovation that actually advances the platform and isn't just for looks.  You can argue none of that is needed, but top tier is more than just the basics. Even the military adds most of these things to the basic Colt setup.  I don't see them changing the kac rifles at all.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 1:45:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted: Yes, meant block.  Not ideal in my book
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted: no thanks on a plastic AR.  And LMT's sopmod stock is a +1 but the exposed gas tube is
Yes, meant block.  Not ideal in my book
The LMT MRP gas blocks are pinned at the top, and are probably press fit to the barrel.  The ones I've removed were some of the most difficult I've run into on a rifle.  They are straight pinned like their FSB barrels.

The gas ports on the MRP are also angled back.

Link Posted: 3/4/2018 2:16:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I don’t know who said what but anyone that thinks Larue is a boutique AR obviously is not in the know or hasn’t handled one. Seriously can’t think of a no frills AR more than Larue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I owned an OBR 556 20 inch barrel for a couple of years. “Boutique” fits. There are several ARs that better qualify as “no frills” than a LaRue rifle and perform as well, or in my case, better than my LaRue did.

Thank you, Colt.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 2:41:06 AM EDT
[#42]
JP Enterprises
Centurion

I love LMT, but unless you are talking MWS, I wouldn't put them in the same league as the others.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 6:26:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Id like one of them Geissele rifles, but you have to win those.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don't mind answering that question.

I like Colt, I think it's a dependable rifle and I'll start my son out on one if I have one, but it's not a tier which isn't a knock against it.  Top tier shouldn't leave you wanting, nor should I have to buy parts to get it the way most modern rifles are sold.  Colts don't come with light ff rails, , low profile gas blocks, solid triggers, better hardware, or any new innovation that actually advances the platform and isn't just for looks.  You can argue none of that is needed, but top tier is more than just the basics. Even the military adds most of these things to the basic Colt setup.  I don't see them changing the kac rifles at all.
View Quote
Great answer...I can totally relate as I have both a Colt and KAC. The Colt I’ve had for 6 years. It shoots fine but I’ve “upgraded” parts on it. My KAC SR15 I’ve had for 4 years and it shoots fine but it’s totally stock....never felt I could change anything on it to make it better or fit me better.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#45]
High-end is a pretty useless term. High end of what? It can be interpreted to mean price, innovation, quality, durability, features or accuracy.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thirty years from now my Colt LE6920 with the LEO Only Rollmark will be worth more than any of these so called "Top Tier" AR brands. I doubt most of these brands will even be in business. A decade ago I remember when Noveske was the pinnacle of manufacturers here on arfcom.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 10:32:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Thirty years from now my Colt LE6920 with the LEO Only Rollmark will be worth more than any of these so called "Top Tier" AR brands. I doubt most of these brands will even be in business. A decade ago I remember when Noveske was the pinnacle of manufacturers here on arfcom.
View Quote
True, the cloners do pay a lot for museum quality parts.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
I own a Colt 6920. I'm probably going to sell it eventually as I don't care for it all that much. The quality and fit and finish are poor. To get it up to spec, I would have to throw more money into it with an upgraded trigger, stock, free float rail...etc.

Lewis Machine and Tool has been around since 1980. They aren't going anywhere.

Knight's Armament Company has been around since 1982. They aren't going anywhere. Hell, Stoner himself worked for them.

LWRC has been around since the late 1990s. I doubt they are going anywhere either.

JP Enterprises has been around since the mid 1990s. I doubt they are going anywhere either.

How many times has Colt gone bankrupt and only saved because of the tit from Uncle Sam?
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 11:49:32 PM EDT
[#49]
What are your $.02 regarding the following rifles please:

https://lmtdefense.com/firearms/spm16

https://pof-usa.com/firearms/the-constable/

https://www.spikestactical.com/collections/complete-rifles/products/complete-rifle-midlength-le-16?variant=34463261644

I am in the market for my first AR15. I am looking to put $1,500 for the rifle alone at most.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 12:43:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I own a Colt 6920. I'm probably going to sell it eventually as I don't care for it all that much. The quality and fit and finish are poor. To get it up to spec, I would have to throw more money into it with an upgraded trigger, stock, free float rail...etc.

Lewis Machine and Tool has been around since 1980. They aren't going anywhere.

Knight's Armament Company has been around since 1982. They aren't going anywhere. Hell, Stoner himself worked for them.

LWRC has been around since the late 1990s. I doubt they are going anywhere either.

JP Enterprises has been around since the mid 1990s. I doubt they are going anywhere either.

How many times has Colt gone bankrupt and only saved because of the tit from Uncle Sam?
View Quote
My first complete AR was a 6920. I think they are great. But they are just now starting to offer variations with free float rails and lo pro gas blocks with mid length gas.

But what it comes down to is yes Colt is too big for its britches sometimes. I would prefer to deal with smaller or call it “Boutique” if you want companies. QC is a going to be an issue at times with a company of its size. If I bought another Colt I would have to upgrade....barrel, gas block, gas tube, rail, trigger, and stock
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top