Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:07:58 AM EDT
[#1]
MudBug

My only purpose for being in any of these threads is that I saw a small group of people that have seen the problems the Eotech is having, and they are actively trying to bash it into the ground. There are four of them that show up every time they read the word Eotech to bash and bash. Isn't it odd that I knew the four names to put in the list and here they all are, in an eotech thread, doing the same thing they have been doing for weeks.

Really... So you decided to don a cape and come to EOTech's rescue and to save ARFCOM from the Aimpoint Cheer squad..

Let's take this thread for example... Show me where my very first two post's in this thread bashed Eotech.

Show me where Pat has Bashed them. Shared his experiences...? Yes, Bashed ..No.

Fact be known, it was you who decided to throw a few logs on the EO vs. Aimpoint fire...

me thinks you like the drama.....

Now to steer this back to the OP..

as far as ACOG's go, there a great optic, I liked my TA-11 very much  but I realized that I live in a 200Meter world and magnification, for all it's pluses, were outweighed by speed and simplicity. I don't need to shoot little 1 hole groups and 300 yrds, I want to hit man size tagets out to 200 and have a optic that allows Day/Night engagement with great speed. The RDS's work best for that. 90% of most shooters would be best served with a RDS, but go the magnified route as it makes them shoot a little better.

The ACOG is a niche optic for a few puposes. As a GP optic, the Red dot sights serve that role much better.

Oh, and I sold my ACOG to buy a T-1......
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:10:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Well if I dare enter this debate...

I have owned AimPoints, EOtechs, and ACOG's.

I sold the Aimpoint because I did not like the clutter of the battery compartment and the two windage and elevation knobs.  I still use the EO's because its like looking through a window with a reticule in it, works very well for rapid close range shooting.  I use the rifle with the ACOG for longer shots.  If all the shots are going to be under 100 yards, I'll go with the EOtech.  If the shots are out to 200 yards I'll take the ACOG.  

Is one sight better than the other, only you can be the judge of that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 9:19:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
<SNIP>

Really I would like to stay out of these threads altogether, but it seems I suck at keeping my mouth shut.

Seriously, the only reason I posted in this thread at all at first was that I just thought it was funny that once again you, FMJ, Mr. Rogers, were all "Explaining" why the Eo sucks, so I took note of it wondering if bubba would show up and LOL, he did.

What's funny is that I have been recieving IM's from people telling me that you guys have taken this show on the road to other forums, it's seems like an active smear campaign. I'm not sure of all the forums your show is booked at, but I'm guessing that M4Carbine.net is NOT one of them, since one member of your troop is no longer welcome there.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 10:13:48 AM EDT
[#4]
MudBug

Really I would like to stay out of these threads altogether, but it seems I suck at keeping my mouth shut.

Seriously, the only reason I posted in this thread at all at first was that I just thought it was funny that once again you, FMJ, Mr. Rogers, were all "Explaining" why the Eo sucks, so I took note of it wondering if bubba would show up and LOL, he did.

What's funny is that I have been recieving IM's from people telling me that you guys have taken this show on the road to other forums, it's seems like an active smear campaign. I'm not sure of all the forums your show is booked at, but I'm guessing that M4Carbine.net is NOT one of them, since one member of your troop is no longer welcome there.

I'm glad to see that Pat and I have recieved "Rock Star" status with your little sewing circle of IM friends... I was really hoping to burn my 15Mins of fame somwhere else though.

And bringing up another website really adds to the "drama level" but add's nothing to this discssion.

And the fact that my first two posts in this thread had Zero EO bashing which you have selectively overlooked indicates your status as internet drama queen is safe and secure... You must be a big Keith Oberman fan... he likes drama mixed with little to no substance also....

Link Posted: 7/23/2008 10:25:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
<SNIP>

Link Posted: 7/23/2008 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Eotech may have a better recticle and less obstructed FOV. I won't  dispute that.  However, it simply is not as reliable and dependable as Aimpoint. These are FACTS that no one can dispute.

Live is a compromise. I choose to err on the side of reliability.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Eotech may have a better recticle and less obstructed FOV. I won't  dispute that.  However, it simply is not as reliable and dependable as Aimpoint. These are FACTS that no one can dispute.

Link Posted: 7/23/2008 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#8]
OP, you made a good choice with the 512.  Like with any optics on a combat rifle you should have a backup iron... but I love my 512.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.ar-15.us/pic/shootout/001_00021.jpg

Two equalls one . One equalls none. Irons sights break too.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.ar-15.us/pic/shootout/001_00021.jpg

Two equalls one . One equalls none. Irons sights break too.

You have 30 minutes to post pics of of your rifle with a BUIS for your Irons or I'll assume you are just being argumentative.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:20:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Mudbug

You have 30 minutes to post pics of of your rifle with a BUIS for your Irons or I'll assume you are just being argumentative.

OK.. that was funny...

Now show that same pic on the range...........
at night....
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Mudbug

OK.. that was funny...

Now show that same pic on the range...........

at night....

Should I tie a piece of white string from the rear sight to the front sight?
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Mudbug

Should I tie a piece of white string from the rear sight to the front sight?

Not unless you have a BUS (Back up string...)
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The Aimpoint is the back up for the irons.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top