Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 3:22:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So all the guys in Iraq qith Acogs, what do they do when they got to go in and clear a mud hut, I am sure its cramped in those huts, they reticle would be blurry.

You kind of point the weapon and line up with the target and keep shooting till the target goes down, since you have to short stock an A4, you can hardly see the scope anyway.
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 4:00:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

You kind of point the weapon and line up with the target and keep shooting till the target goes down, since you have to short stock an A4, you can hardly see the scope anyway.

Just curious, but does the USMC train with indexed point shooting techniques for rifles and carbines?  
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 5:45:32 AM EDT
[#3]
The are several parts of the close shooting package taught in the Predeployment Training Program  (PTP), that involve less than aimed fire.  It is emphasised that type of fire is for in room only circumstances.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 6:36:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The are several parts of the close shooting package taught in the Predeployment Training Program  (PTP), that involve less than aimed fire.  It is emphasised that type of fire is for in room only circumstances.  

Good for the USMC, at indoor CQB ranges "less than aimed" fire can get the job done...
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 6:52:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice write-up guys (since so many helped worked it up) and thanks for compiling it Tso. I've sent a link to several friends.
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good for the USMC, at indoor CQB ranges "less than aimed" fire can get the job done...

That's pretty interesting.

Quoted:
Nice write-up guys (since so many helped worked it up) and thanks for compiling it Tso. I've sent a link to several friends.

You're welcome!
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...in military circles.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Lets see, battles won by the Corps, battle one by "Some."    
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

...in military circles.

ONLY in SOME

What, you don't want to wear the HK hat?
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 3:17:12 AM EDT
[#13]
All I know is after Fallujah, the Marine Corps doctrine some what shifted from always use the sights to up close use less than aimed fire.

Now if the Canadians based on their experience in real world CQB in "Stan" say it doesn't work, good for them.  But I will stick with our lesson learnt.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 3:24:48 AM EDT
[#14]
This thread has taken a left turn.

I gotta believe the differences between the aimed fire and less than aimed fire is not as great as is presented here. I'm sure we're not talking about Marines going into a building firing from the hip like Heartbreak Ridge. And I'd bet our Canadian friend could effectively clear a building should his favorite CQB sight lose power with the possible exception of hostage type shots.

The difference probably boils down to the choice of optic more than anything.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 3:37:53 AM EDT
[#15]
It's its not shooting from the hip, it is called stance directed fire.

There was some info I placed in my post prior to deciding it would violate OPSEC on the issue.  But Fallujah wasn't just line infantry conducting MOUT it did involved  "specialized CQB" teams from Force and there were allot of lessons learned garnered from the action.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 7:40:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top