User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 51
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 7:51:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Any AR barrel Bro.   There will be a 16" available.

Right on. The poster I opened up shows some 14s and an SPR.
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll take a 13.7 with a perm Krink attached......5.56 and 6.8. (hands his menu back)
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 9:59:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Waiting patiently...
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 5:05:50 PM EDT
[#4]
mmm SBR Masada.......:drool:
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Will  Magpul make one thats NJ compliant?If they will ,I shall get one of this baby.
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/16/2007 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah. I can't compete with that. It is perfect.

Zold
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Magpul, i'm not certain if this has been asked before, but is there a plan for what Masada configurations are going to be initially available? Is the plan to release a black 16" first, then work in colors, then get 18" or longer configurations out, or are you guys going to try and release more than one configuration at once?
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 3:41:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I can't answer for their marketing plan but I think I read some where that the "Big Green" and other branches of the armed forces have stated that they will NOT buy another black rifle.

I don't know if Flat Dark Earth is what they've settled on but I bet a color other than black is what they are looking for so I suspect Magpul, FN, etc would probably focus their efforts there...

Just a guess though....
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 5:09:03 AM EDT
[#10]
What is that top rail made out of?

Fair write up in SOF.  Pretty salesy and short on tech info but it's a write up none the less.
material specs will be nice like steel type, shot peened bolts and other parts material etc etc. Still early but that type of thing will be very interesting if made available.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 6:31:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What is that top rail made out of?

Fair write up in SOF.  Pretty salesy and short on tech info but it's a write up none the less.
material specs will be nice like steel type, shot peened bolts and other parts material etc etc. Still early but that type of thing will be very interesting if made available.  

Top rail is part of one continuous aluminum upper.

EDIT: See top of pg 16 for details.
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#12]
There are a few things I would really like to see.

#1 The gas block held in place with taper pins.  That is the strongest and best way to attach a gas block.  I am not a fan of the clamping style of FSB/GB.

#2 The ability to order the masada with the metal parts "in the white".  With no type of coloring, so I can send all the metal out to Ion Bond.  OR, offer, (for an additional cost, which is fine with me), to have the option to have the masada finished in Ion Bond.  I really don't care if the black of the plastic parts doesnt match the black of the Ion Bond parts when I am done.  I am not going for Gucci Tactical.

Link to the Ion Bond Diamond Black coating

#3 The option to buy PMAGS with the rifle, at a reduced cost, in lots of 5.  So, when your FFL orders the masada from Magpul, you can also buy, 5, 10, 15...50 Pmags at the same time, to be shipped with the rifle.

#4 Some type of longer upper receiver option.  Yes, i understand the reason behind one standard upper length, to fit a 10.5" barrel, and then everything else.  BUT.  Some of us have no plans to go shorter than 16" and would like the longer sight radius, & more rail space.
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 1:50:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Uhg I guess we're all still waiting............ I never was good at waiting.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 7:08:51 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll be getting the Masada over the SCAR if for no other reason that because FNH's customer service absolutely blows.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Rich and Drake-

Seeing that Smith & Wesson is heavily pursuing the marketing rights for the Masada, will S&W keep the Masada title?

Knowing S&W, they'll change it to go with the rest of the "M&P" product line....

Inquiring minds like to know...

LS
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Rich and Drake-

Seeing that Smith & Wesson is heavily pursuing the marketing rights for the Masada, will S&W keep the Masada title?

Knowing S&W, they'll change it to go with the rest of the "M&P" product line....

LS

What are you talking about?
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 11:28:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rich and Drake-

LS

Don't you follow the industry rumor mill?
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rich and Drake-

LS

Don't you follow the industry rumor mill?

I don't get all the East/West Coast dirt only the Midwest happenings
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Rich and Drake-

LS

Dang. Looks like someone's cat was just let out of the bag. Good thing I've been primed for the Masada for the past nine months or so. If it would have come out as a S&W branded item, I think I'd have had to think twice or three times before panning it simply because it is associated with Smith and Wesson. Designed by Rich, though, carries more weight than branding bigotry.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:55:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Rich and Drake-

LS

Ehhhhhhhhh......
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rich and Drake-

LS

Dang. Looks like someone's cat was just let out of the bag. Good thing I've been primed for the Masada for the past nine months or so. If it would have come out as a S&W branded item, I think I'd have had to think twice or three times before panning it simply because it is associated with Smith and Wesson. Designed by Rich, though, carries more weight than branding bigotry.

I don't think the S&W name is as negative as it wants was. Ever since S&W got away from the British Rule, and with the introduction of the M&P line of weapons, I believe that S&W has made a better name for themselves. Give it time, either the Masada will soar or crash with the S&W banner. I believe it will soar!

LS

Link Posted: 9/26/2007 11:32:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Yeah.. until I see something other than you pulling the S&W stuff out of nowhere, its going to stay in the wild ass internet rumor category.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Didn't S&W support the first assault weapon ban, or am I thinking of another gun mfg?

I hope Magpul keeps this in house.

JMO,
Sean
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Yeah.. until I see something other than you pulling the S&W stuff out of nowhere, its going to stay in the wild ass internet rumor category.

My guess is that, if this rumor were false, Rich would have squashed this one himself by now. In the game of marketing, corporate relations and investor relations, you can often tell more by what is not said and what is not responded to.

If MagPul were to keep this in house, I'd be more than willing to fly my cold blue Alaskan bahookie down to Colorado to pick it up in person. Heck, I'd even make the DRIVE through (insert puking sound here) C-eh-N-eh-D-eh.

Huh, I guess I own Page 30. For some reason it doesn't seem as special as some posters make it out to be. Not as special as, let's say, picking up a Masada from your favorite dealer -- or from MagPul themselves.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 11:26:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Just get back with me when I can call in with my CC# and FFL's address
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 4:58:38 AM EDT
[#28]
If S&W gets their hands on it we will have a new rifle with quick change combination locking trigger.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 6:25:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 6:26:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 6:40:07 AM EDT
[#31]
I can't wait,  Funds are being set aside to aquire one.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 7:08:27 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Meh, what would you know...

Link Posted: 9/27/2007 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rich and Drake-

LS

Well the injection mold for the Masada lower was just commissioned last week and I double checked the writing on the side. It says Magpul Industries Corp with our CAGE code.

That said feel free to knock yourselves out on speculation.

Yeah, who do you think you are, shooting holes in a perfectly srviceable rumor and stuff?
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 7:53:59 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rich and Drake-

LS

Well the injection mold for the Masada lower was just commissioned last week and I double checked the writing on the side. It says Magpul Industries Corp with our CAGE code.

Link Posted: 9/27/2007 8:05:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Is anyboby aware of a waiting list, or somekind of pre-pay deal going on? For that matter, how about a current expected price? Gotta get a shortey.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#36]
C   O   O   L   !
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Is anyboby aware of a waiting list, or somekind of pre-pay deal going on? For that matter, how about a current expected price? Gotta get a shortey.

+1 I'll pay now hell.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rich and Drake-

LS

Sweet So the Masada is near Gold status.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Didn't S&W support the first assault weapon ban, or am I thinking of another gun mfg?

JMO,
Sean

hmm, I believe that was Ruger that did that.   Some think it was a ploy to boost sales of the mini-14/mini-30 rifles.  (that always came stock with less than 10 rnd capacity)
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I can't wait,  Funds are being set aside to aquire one.

BIG + 1 on that my friend.

I went the the jewelry store with the wife a little while back to trade-up her ring, and lowe and behold...  they had just the one she wanted for about the price of a Masada...

So she's good to go.  Said I need to buy it in black.

Tex78
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

JMO,
Sean

hmm, I believe that was Ruger that did that.   Some think it was a ploy to boost sales of the mini-14/mini-30 rifles.  (that always came stock with less than 10 rnd capacity)

Ya, I knew Ruger did.  I thought I read here that S&W did as well.  Probably just more error net rumor.

If there's a waiting list....please post up here.  I've got money in hand for the Masada!!!

Sean
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 10:23:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My guess is that, if this rumor were false, Rich would have squashed this one himself by now. In the game of marketing, corporate relations and investor relations, you can often tell more by what is not said and what is not responded to.

If MagPul were to keep this in house, I'd be more than willing to fly my cold blue Alaskan bahookie down to Colorado to pick it up in person. Heck, I'd even make the DRIVE through (insert puking sound here) C-eh-N-eh-D-eh.  <---------Funny ass shit

Huh, I guess I own Page 30. For some reason it doesn't seem as special as some posters make it out to be. Not as special as, let's say, picking up a Masada from your favorite dealer -- or from MagPul themselves.

Took us a few days to notice this thread.  Sometimes these things are just so silly  If you drive to Magpul from Canada you my friend have earned a cold beer or twelve.  

That would be from Alaska THROUGH Canada to MagPul. Done it more than once. The smell from the oil field in Northern Montana is so much better than what I get through Canada. See you when the Masada releases.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rich and Drake-

LS

Thanks for clearing this up, Gents. The idea of a S&W-marketed and distributed Masada would be like installing fiberglass insulation shirtless on a 100+ degree day with a similarly clad Salma Hayek. It would be darned appealing, but there'd be a nasty itch while you're doing it. I'll sleep a little better tonight knowing it will be an all-MagPul product.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 7:52:06 AM EDT
[#45]
<----- Impatiently waiting for a Masda.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 8:19:33 AM EDT
[#46]
It's a good looking unit.....
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 9:16:01 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
It's a good looking unit.....

The Masada or Hayek?
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#48]
forgive me for not reading all 30 pages again, but was a price range discussed?  

not like it matters a whole lot,  i will still  own one
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Well that's really nice Rich, but the injection molded lower is not the serialized part and therefore can say anything, putting an Ergo grip on an AR does not make it an "Ergo Rifle" now does it?

So to put this thing to bed, has Magpul discussed the marketing, manufacture or assumption of liability of the Masada with S&W? Yes or No.

LS
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well that's really nice Rich, but the injection molded lower is not the serialized part and therefore can say anything, putting an Ergo grip on an AR does not make it an "Ergo Rifle" now does it?

So to put this thing to bed, has Magpul discussed the marketing, manufacture or assumption of liability of the Masada with S&W? Yes or No.

LS

So Rich, do you simply double-tap, or do you use the Mozambique pattern and put him down for good with one to the head after two to the torso like I taught Junior (and Dad taught me)?
Page / 51
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top