AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The cost of Sierra SMKs has gone up? It seems strange that they would go with a different projectile since they use this load for military customers as well
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Word from Sam at SGammo is that Magtech is going to be using a different bullet as expenses have went up.

Once the old stuff is gone everything changes with the Magtech round in 77gr
The cost of Sierra SMKs has gone up? It seems strange that they would go with a different projectile since they use this load for military customers as well
No idea. Thats what Sam had in a sale email a week or so ago saying that Magtech was going to change to a different projectile due to increased costs and they didnt know what they were going to replace it with at that time.

Surely someone else saw this when i did.Would like to grab another 1500 of these if true
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No idea. Thats what Sam had in a sale email a week or so ago saying that Magtech was going to change to a different projectile due to increased costs and they didnt know what they were going to replace it with at that time.

Surely someone else saw this when i did.Would like to grab another 1500 of these if true
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Word from Sam at SGammo is that Magtech is going to be using a different bullet as expenses have went up.

From his Oct 24 email:

"Due to a price increase on the projectiles from Sierra this ammo is not going to be made again any time soon. Magtech will be working on developing their own projectile to control costs but it may take a while. If you are one of the people that loves this product then you might consider a purchase in the near future while current supplies last"
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#3]
So, I got some more Magtech 77. It is my favorite long range load. The Winchester OT is my most used close range load.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
From his Oct 24 email:

"Due to a price increase on the projectiles from Sierra this ammo is not going to be made again any time soon. Magtech will be working on developing their own projectile to control costs but it may take a while. If you are one of the people that loves this product then you might consider a purchase in the near future while current supplies last"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From his Oct 24 email:

Thanks,i knew i wasnt loosing my mind.At least not yet

Time to grab some i suppose
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:33:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

From his Oct 24 email:

View Quote
Well, thats unfortunate.  It's become my favorite factory, 77gr ammunition.  I blew out my ammo budget on the 62gr Win stuff.  Hope its still around after Xmas.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I guess the Winchester 5.56 mm 62 gr OT is gone for good now.  It has disappeared from Ammoseek and Sams site shows it as out of stock.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry bro.  That may or may not have been me.  Showed 11 in stock; bought 2.  It was moving pretty quickly at the end.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sorry bro.  That may or may not have been me.  Showed 11 in stock; bought 2.  It was moving pretty quickly at the end.
View Quote
Well, I did get a couple of cases.  Just wish that I would have picked up a few more.  I need to get some more M855 anyway, so I might as well order some of that.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 12:37:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well, I guess the Winchester 5.56 mm 62 gr OT is gone for good now.  It has disappeared from Ammoseek and Sams site shows it as out of stock.
View Quote

ETA: there is still some around. But too much $
$340 for 900rds before shipping&tax
No fo
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 1:54:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The DHS contract overrun "Purple" ammo is back at a good price.  A bunch of this hit the market back in 2016.... but at a much higher price back then....

Some have stated this is lead free primer stuff, and might not have as long of a shelf life.

https://www.luckygunner.com/223-rem-62-grain-ot-winchester-dhs-purple-casing-1000-rounds

https://i.postimg.cc/KjSNcyJv/screenshot-91.png

Appears to be a bit slower....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzTJJIFv5eI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv9aXTshENA
View Quote
This stuff is quite accurate. More accurate than the DHS duty ammo.

I don’t believe this has a lead free primer. The purple pistol ammo doesn’t,. The purple pistol ammo is also quite accurate but it is very dirty.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
@flyleaf

I saw the same email and bought 1000 more rounds accordingly.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 9:23:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@flyleaf

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@flyleaf

Smart purchase imo.

This ammo will go for much higher when all that is left of the old stuff is in private hands
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Lack of funds has prevented me from buying this ammo, and it has been eating away at me for months. And now I finally have the cash, but the ship has sailed and is past the horizon. Must be nice to have tens of thousands on hand.

I'm far from an expert, and I want to use just one round for home defense / SHTF and training. Can I please get some opinions on what would be the next-best alternatives to this round? This would be for a 16", 1-in-7 twist carbine.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Lack of funds has prevented me from buying this ammo, and it has been eating away at me for months. And now I finally have the cash, but the ship has sailed and is past the horizon. Must be nice to have tens of thousands on hand.

I'm far from an expert, and I want to use just one round for home defense / SHTF and training. Can I please get some opinions on what would be the next-best alternatives to this round? This would be for a 16", 1-in-7 twist carbine.
View Quote
16" barrel i'd be confortable with xm193 or even wolf gold 55g.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
If "lack of funds" is a common issue, then "one round for all" would be M193 for me.  It's going to be the cheapest.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I found this  62gr OTM today in CDA,Id  at Black Sheep Sporting goods for $275 per 900.  I should have bought some they have a pallet of it on the floor.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
@2FA-Non-Negotiable

I have a couple cases I'd sell you at the original price if you cover shipping. Tried to send you an IM, but wouldn't go thru.
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top