Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2024 9:11:53 PM EDT
I have a atheris upper 50 beowulf with 16" barrel and can't get it to group iv tried 3 different scopes and different ammo and nothing groups the best group I can get is if I take the muzzle brake off but I only tried  that once I can't figure out what else it could be if anyone have any insight that could help I appreciate it
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 1:03:32 AM EDT
[#1]
not familiar w/ atheris

but, not enough info...

what scopes?
& mounts?

how is rifle configured?
buffer, spring, etc

what kind of grouping?
& what ammo / projectile weights?

you try diff proj. weights or all same?
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 2:51:15 AM EDT
[#2]
One scope was a Vortex crossfire and the other two I tried was Burris full field as for the mint it's a Vortex mount that came with the scope the spring and buffer is just a factory 15 buffer and spring iv tried 350 grain xtp Underwood ammo and 300 grain ftx alexander arms ammo and for the grouping sometime I can get 2 shots with in inch from each other than after that it be either way high or shoot way low
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 3:24:18 AM EDT
[#3]
my AA upper likes 350-440gr
300 & 325 seemed to wonder a bit more

i still havent messed around w/ 500gr yet

which leads me to a ? i should have also orig asked...   twist of barrel?
  (i;ll have to validate, but think my AA barrel is 1:20)

i have an H2 buffer w/ standard carbine spring.
been thinking about trying a Spike T2 & heavy spring to help tame recoil a bit more( but thinking it could short stroke, from reading)

i use a T1 rds, it has held up for a long time now
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Sticky45:
I have a atheris upper 50 beowulf with 16" barrel and can't get it to group iv tried 3 different scopes and different ammo and nothing groups the best group I can get is if I take the muzzle brake off but I only tried  that once I can't figure out what else it could be if anyone have any insight that could help I appreciate it
View Quote

What style of brake?  If it shoots better without it, remove it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 10:29:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Big-Bore] [#5]
It says on their site it is a 1:20 twist, so that should be OK.  They also say it has a SUB MOA guarantee, so use it.  Contact them about a return and evaluation of the rifle.

Has anyone else shot it and did they get the same results?  I know, people say they don't flinch, until they find out they do.  So, do a little test.  Have someone load one round into the magazine and chamber it into the rifle.  You do the shooting.  Repeat, have them load one round in the mag, chamber it into the rifle, then you shoot.  BUT, have that someone NOT chamber a round but you won't know when.  They drop the bolt on an empty chamber and hand the rifle to you and you shoot.  If when you pull the trigger and the rifle goes click instead of boom, yet the cross hairs jump off the target like it had gone boom, well, there's your problem.  If you cannot find someone to go with you, load one round in three or four mags and leave one mag empty.  Blindly, grab a mag and insert it into the rifle and drop the bolt.  TRY not to pay attention to the sound of it chambering.  TRY to be as anonymous as you can so you have no idea if you actually chambered a round or not.  Same thing applies, you pull the trigger, get a click, yet the rifle jumps, you flinched.  Problem solved.  Or, you shoot a nice tiny group because you are really paying attention and not jerking the trigger, so again, problem solved, you were flinching.
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#6]
It shot good last year with 350 gr Underwood ammo and the brake is one that came with it it has a jam nit you tighten to time it
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top