Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2024 4:08:57 PM EDT
I've read all over that 6.5 magazines should fit in the standard AR lower (in this case for feeding a .224 Valkyrie upper) but the PMAG 30SPC 6.8x43 magazine isn't even fitting into the mag well - what am I missing here?
(Edited to add - Primary Arms refers to it as the "Magpul PMAG 30 LWRC Six8 Gen M3 6.8 SPC AR-15 Magazine" - did I just get the wrong mag?)
(Second edit - just received the mags that I bought with my upper from PS - aaand they fit just fine. I guess it's that Magpul PMAG?)
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:25:57 PM EDT
[#1]
The LWRC Six8 isn't a standard AR. Mostly a little wider, hence the mag not fitting.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The LWRC Six8 isn't a standard AR. Mostly a little wider, hence the mag not fitting.
View Quote

This.  Those PMAGs are designed for LWRCs Six8 lower, which utilizes different dimensions than a standard AR lower.

Also, I’d change your title.  You’re utilizing/needing 6.8 SPC mags, not 6.5.  They aren’t the same thing.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

"Magpul PMAG 30 LWRC Six8 Gen M3 6.8 SPC AR-15 Magazine" - did I just get the wrong mag?
View Quote

you got the wrong mag.  

keep it and get a LWRC 6.8 SPC rifle to use it with!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top