BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/19/2024 5:59:58 PM EDT
As the title says, what is the best 1-6 under a $1000 right now. Looking for something with a decent 1x but can live with so-so glass. What do y'all think?
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Primary Arms Gen IV SLx
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know what their availability is at this point, but if you can find a delta stryker 1-6x, it's apparently basically a 95% vortex razor that only weighs 17oz.

I have never played with the razor so i can't say for sure.

But the Delta has bright glass and a red dot bright dot and looks great at 1x.

I only paid $650 for mine but that was a few years ago.

(Not my pic)
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/19/2024 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Used Vortex Optics Razor HD Gen II 1-6x24
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I figured the Delta or possibly a Trijicon Credo. I like that the guy on Rokslide forum only gives Trijicon, SWFA and Nightforce passing grades on holding zero reliability. Probably going with a Credo, I've always been impressed by Trijicon optics, I have a couple of Acogs and a Accupoint.
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bigfish9202:
View Quote

For a focus on 1x, the razor is tough to beat.  I got a gen 1 from Euro Optic for around $800 a couple years ago.  It's heavy, but works real well and has pretty good glass.
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Dove290119:
As the title says, what is the best 1-6 under a $1000 right now. Looking for something with a decent 1x but can live with so-so glass. What do y'all think?
View Quote

Daylight bright 1x reticle?
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Razor Gen 2E. Watch their sales for $1000.
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Razor on sale
Credo 1-6
Vortex pst 1-6

In descending cost. I feel like the 1x is better on the razor and pst.
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Trij Accupoint 1-6x TR25 is another option with good reviews.
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 8:51:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: topgunpilot20] [#10]
Trijicon TR25 1-6x
Trijicon Credo HX 1-6x
Eotech VUDU 1-8x (on sale)
Vortex Razor 1-6x (used)
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Tagged
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Delta Stryker. Next question

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#13]
The unsung beast is a C-more C3 when on sale I have seen in the $600 range.  Great glass and a reticle that is uncomplicated.

C3
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CouchCommando22:
View Quote

Why?!?
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Trijicon credo 1-6 SFP red BDC 55gr and the FFP red mrad are my two favorites. Not nuclear bright but you see fire truck red, not dark crimson. The glass is clear and they are light weight.
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 10:51:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Used Razor from the EE Nothing else considered

1/2 the price= Razor or PA-I did just get a PA 1-10 and was sighted in on 300 yards in no time and I’m not a great shot
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 12:19:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Another Delta Stryker 1-6 vote here.  Had mine for a few years and zero issues.  I like the reticle better than the similar Credo 1-6 with that weird thicker line.
On my desert camping road trip rifle, regularly shoot out to 500m with it. Great illumination knob, clear glass, same quick adjust style turrets as Trijicon.  A little fish eye on the edges, but just barely worse fov and image than something like a razor.  My favorite 1-6 is the Kahles, but the Delta is still here and that's saying a lot.  I need to buy another one actually.
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 8:47:56 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

This 100%
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 9:08:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Delta stryker
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 9:28:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
I don't know what their availability is at this point, but if you can find a delta stryker 1-6x, it's apparently basically a 95% vortex razor that only weighs 17oz.

I have never played with the razor so i can't say for sure.

But the Delta has bright glass and a red dot bright dot and looks great at 1x.

I only paid $650 for mine but that was a few years ago.

(Not my pic)
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435611/kH2Yeeb-hIpQocl3UE8yEg8yzDiyqaByInHGsXtg-3326864.JPG
View Quote

Came here to post this. Delta Stryker HD is a superb optic for the price. You can occasionally find them used for $6-700. It’s definitely an “under the radar” optic. Ilya (Dark Lord of Optics - an actual industry optics expert) reviewed one and said that his only complaint was that Delta is selling the scopes for far less than they could be.
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By s4s4u:

Why?!?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By s4s4u:
Originally Posted By CouchCommando22:

Why?!?

Excellent glass, VERY daylight bright center illuminated dot, useful and uncluttered reticle, lightweight (about 17-18oz), great track record, tactile adjustment clicks, low price.
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#22]
DLO Reviews: Delta Stryker HD 1-6x24 with DSMR reticle
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 9:35:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LettersFromEarth] [#23]
Trijicon Credo HX 1-6 (w/red BDC "Hunter Holds" reticle).

Glass is very clear, and reticle is red dot bright (it's also in Strelok)

The scope body "disappears" at 1x and is very forgiving

Eyebox gets tight at 6x, but that isn't much of a surprise with a 24mm objective.

Overall, I'm Happy with it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By SlimBlundt:

Excellent glass, VERY daylight bright center illuminated dot, useful and uncluttered reticle, lightweight (about 17-18oz), great track record, tactile adjustment clicks, low price.
View Quote

Appreciate the elaboration
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 11:55:50 AM EDT
[#26]
The Delta Stryker and Trijicon Credo look the same to me. I think SuperSetCA mentioned the same in his review.
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 12:00:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#27]
Trijicon Accupoint  green post
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019362275
Rebate available
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By PacNW5:
The Delta Stryker and Trijicon Credo look the same to me. I think SuperSetCA mentioned the same in his review.
View Quote
I think they share a lot of design features, such as turrets, glass quality, weight, etc.

The credo doesn't have daylight red dot bright illumination like the delta does.

And it's typically more expensive.

So if you want to pay more for a scope that is essentially the same but without a bright dot reticle, the credo is your jam.
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#29]
I like the Burris XTR II 1-5.  They are discontinued but if you can find one they're a great value.
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#30]
I think they share a lot of design features, such as turrets, glass quality, weight, etc.

The credo doesn't have daylight red dot bright illumination like the delta does.

And it's typically more expensive.

So if you want to pay more for a scope that is essentially the same but without a bright dot reticle, the credo is your jam.
View Quote

The Credo Hunter BDC is daylight bright. It's the only Credo that has that feature.
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

I’d never pretend to be the world’s leading expert on firearms optics, and I’m no fanboy of any company, but there’s more to this or any other product than the object itself.

Between two products, I personally don’t mind paying a few more dollars for the one made and backed by an American company with an established record and support structure over one from a fly-by-night, no-name foreign company which doesn’t even have a US website.

I’m not trying to knock the Delta products. I don’t own any. For all I know, Strykers and Credos are coming out of the same factory. There’s just more to consider beyond saving $100, assuming other things matter in your decision processes. There are also a crap-ton of variants of Credo between SFP/FFP and various reticles which may or may not be better suited to an individual’s use cases.
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#32]
TRIJICON Credo HX 1-6x24 SFP - Top Tier - First Person RePew
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By thisismyusername:

I’d never pretend to be the world’s leading expert on firearms optics, and I’m no fanboy of any company, but there’s more to this or any other product than the object itself.

Between two products, I personally don’t mind paying a few more dollars for the one made and backed by an American company with an established record and support structure over one from a fly-by-night, no-name foreign company which doesn’t even have a US website.

I’m not trying to knock the Delta products. I don’t own any. For all I know, Strykers and Credos are coming out of the same factory. There’s just more to consider beyond saving $100, assuming other things matter in your decision processes. There are also a crap-ton of variants of Credo between SFP/FFP and various reticles which may or may not be better suited to an individual’s use cases.
View Quote

They are the same scope
From the same factory
With the same specs

The delta has a bdc and mil as reticle options
Trij only has bdc
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Delta Optical, from Poland, is actually very well known here in Europe, especially for their precision scopes (ie PRS stuff).
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 4:10:46 PM EDT
[#35]

I'd never pretend to be the world's leading expert on firearms optics, and I'm no fanboy of any company, but there's more to this or any other product than the object itself.

Between two products, I personally don't mind paying a few more dollars for the one made and backed by an American company with an established record and support structure over one from a fly-by-night, no-name foreign company which doesn't even have a US website.

I'm not trying to knock the Delta products. I don't own any. For all I know, Strykers and Credos are coming out of the same factory. There's just more to consider beyond saving $100, assuming other things matter in your decision processes. There are also a crap-ton of variants of Credo between SFP/FFP and various reticles which may or may not be better suited to an individual's use cases.
View Quote

Both are made in Japan. As has been pointed out, likely in the same factory.

That said, if the hunter bdc is red dot bright like someone else said it is, then picking one of those up for about $850 would likely be a great option.

Link Posted: 9/20/2024 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Both are made in Japan. As has been pointed out, likely in the same factory.

That said, if the hunter bdc is red dot bright like someone else said it is, then picking one of those up for about $850 would likely be a great option.
View Quote

It is bright. The Credo HX.

Only thing the Delta misses is its presence in the US and perceived lack of warranty support. Last I heard, warranty support is going thru a dealer. If I could get a good deal like $600, I'd get it.

Between Credo HX and Razor IIE, I'd pick the Razor because it looks cooler, has VIP warranty, and has longer track record. Actually I did :)

I like Trijicon too. Had a Accupoint 1-6 Red Triangle but wanted some more range so I got the Razor. Glasses on these 2 are both awesome with a slight edge to the Razor. The Accupoint is 2oz lighter and with the built-in throw lever, it's actually 3 oz lighter.

Trijicon 4x ACOG is still king. Especially the LED version.

PS: I am by no means an expert but I'd like to try different optics because why not?
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Delta Optical, from Poland, is actually very well known here in Europe, especially for their precision scopes (ie PRS stuff).
View All Quotes

I guess that’s fine if you’re in Europe. Where you can pick up the phone at a convenient time and speak to someone in your language who stands behind the product and can provide service. Not so much in the US. But not everyone cares about access to service. And that’s ok.

Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:
The delta has a bdc and mil as reticle options
Trij only has bdc

There are like 10 variants of the Credo 1-6. FFP, SFP, red, green, MOA, mil, segmented circle, center dot, BDC, no BDC, etc.
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 10:37:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#38]
Don’t let the factory OEM fool you. Just because it’s made by LOW doesn’t mean it’s the same thing. I haven’t gotten hands on with a Stryker but the 1-6 Razor and Accupoint are significantly better than the Credo at 1X. The Credo is just at a middle ground price point but I’d say it’s closest competition is the PST, not the Razor or even Accupoint. (The Accupoint 1-6 is crazy under rated due to its poor reticle choices).

The Credo 1-6 is not bad by any means, but it’s not that much better than a PST and is a bit behind the Razor for not much more.
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 11:13:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PacNW5] [#39]

I guess that’s fine if you’re in Europe. Where you can pick up the phone at a convenient time and speak to someone in your language who stands behind the product and can provide service. Not so much in the US. But not everyone cares about access to service. And that’s ok.

There are like 10 variants of the Credo 1-6. FFP, SFP, red, green, MOA, mil, segmented circle, center dot, BDC, no BDC, etc.
View Quote

I think darnfineshot is handling their optic warranties in the US.  That’s pretty common for a US dealer to take on duties like that.

Although, I've had to send in my Swarovski Z6i back to Austria for service before from America so I've been down that road before.  

Ironically, I've also dealt with Trijicon for a broken TR24 and that took 7 weeks. The Swarovski came back sooner than that.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 2:47:50 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Yes but the only variants that are daylight bright are the hunter hx 1-6 in sfp with the bdc... the same bdc thats in the delta if you want a bdc. But the delta has an option of a non-retarded reticle in the form of mrads.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 12:35:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DM1975] [#41]
I think it’s hard to beat the PST gen 2. It has good glass, good 1x capability, simple reticle, daylight bright illumination, it’s relatively cheap, and it’s pretty durable. I think that companies are trying to squeeze in more features that you don’t really need in an LPVO now days. In a LPVO I don’t want exposed turrets, I don’t want ffp, I don’t want a bdc or anything too fancy in a reticle. Simple is where it’s at for an LPVO in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By DM1975:
I think it’s hard to beat the PST gen 2. It has good glass, good 1x capability, simple reticle, daylight bright illumination, it’s relatively cheap, and it’s pretty durable. I think that companies are trying to squeeze in more features that you don’t really need in an LPVO now days. In a LPVO I don’t want exposed turrets, I don’t want ffp, I don’t want a bdc or anything too fancy in a reticle. Simple is where it’s at for an LPVO in my opinion.
View Quote

So what reticle do you prefer for the PST G2?
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 1:15:06 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

BINGO.... with JM-1
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 1:46:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DM1975] [#44]
Originally Posted By DDS87:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DDS87:
Originally Posted By DM1975:

VMR-2 mrad. I zero my rifle at 60-200 and know my mil holds for 300 to 500. That’s all I really need out of that scope. I’m pretty sure that and the MOA version are the only ones available for the 1-6.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 1:05:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#45]
A lot of good options but I say Razor.

I have had to use warranty support for:
Eotech
Aimpoint
Steiner
Burris
Trijicon
Vortex

Vortex was the best by far.

Also, I had an "incident" when I forgot I had my Razor equipped rifle leaned up against the front tire of the 4 wheeler and fired it up and gunned it. I made it about 3 yards until I figured out something was wrong. The rifle was crammed into the wheel well and using the stock to plow a rut in the earth. The scope appeared mangled but upon inspection it didn't appear to be bent - although the front objective flip caps was destroyed and turret covers beat up, and a lot of scuffs on the body.  To my surprise the rifle didn't lose zero and shot a 1 moa group at 200. Vortex replaced all the parts.

ETA: They next day aired me a Viper PST Gen II after I had illumination fail as I checked things before a trip. I know all the jokes on Poortex lol.  I think their Razor line is good to go and they will go over the top to resolve any issues.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
A lot of good options but I say Razor.

I have had to use warranty support for:
Eotech
Aimpoint
Steiner
Burris
Trijicon
Vortex

Vortex was the best by far.

Also, I had an "incident" when I forgot I had my Razor equipped rifle leaned up against the front tire of the 4 wheeler and fired it up and gunned it. I made it about 3 yards until I figured out something was wrong. The rifle was crammed into the wheel well and using the stock to plow a rut in the earth. The scope appeared mangled but upon inspection it didn't appear to be bent - although the front objective flip caps was destroyed and turret covers beat up, and a lot of scuffs on the body.  To my surprise the rifle didn't lose zero and shot a 1 moa group at 200. Vortex replaced all the parts extra parts.
View Quote

Competitors running over their guns or leaving them on the roofs of their cars or on the stage is a story that I've heard too many times.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#47]

Competitors running over their guns or leaving them on the roofs of their cars or on the stage is a story that I've heard too many times.
View Quote
Lesson learned for me. No guns leaned on trucks / 4 wheelers - especially on front or back.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 5:01:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Dove290119:
View Quote

Normally, I'd ask what you use the rifle for, but since we're talking under $1k, the only real question is whether you NEED bright illumination in the second focal plane realm.

I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers and not trying to start and argument, but since you have a budget of up to $1k, you really have some room to work.

Forget about the Primary Arms SLx, Vortex Venom, Burris RT-6 and the like.  The PA is what it is. A low cost scope. I'm actually a fan of the Venom and the RT-6 in terms of being a bang for the buck, but I don't own either because spending more gets you appreciably better.

Yes, the Credo HX and the Delta are very nice, but after having run most, if not all of the better second focal plane scopes and a few of the first focal plane scopes, I keep coming back to two as being the best for covering the broadest range of circumstances, when being limited to a second focal plane scope.

The Gen II PST and the Razor Gen II E. The brightness of the dot, the clarity of the glass, the huge view you get through the eye piece are just unsurpassed.  

I recently spent some time running about 3k rounds with a nightforce nx8 and a plxc because I was looking for a goto ffp lpvo. After shooting nothing but those two optics fir a while, I grabbed a rifle with a pst on top of it and was just blown away by the image I was getting after having spent so much time with the nx8 and plxc. Shoot, unless I needed a capability offered only by a ffp scope, I'm taking one of the vortexes.

Personally, I'd take that $1k and wait for a razor to pop up on the equipment exchange and call it a day.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Loved my Trijicon Accupoint TR-25 1-6x with red triangle post reticle so much that I bought a second one. Unreal 1x performance, and I prefer the triangle reticle over competitors’ offerings for 2-gun. Nothing quicker.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By LettersFromEarth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trFwmbsTcJ8
View Quote

This is the easy answer, 100% this
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top