Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2024 6:56:25 PM EDT
LGS has some in stock, $299 complete less lower of course.

16” phosphate appearance and not nitride. Keyhole forged upper.

Looking at buying three just for blasters.

Anyone build on these? Results?
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a complete 16" midlength upper from way back and never had any trouble.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a complete 16" midlength upper from way back and never had any trouble.
View Quote

Thanks, my brother has one of their factory built rifles and has had no issues for years.

My thoughts are these things are quite simple in materials and should go bang every time.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple of their barrels. Both are MOA shooters with 55 gr. reloads.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Always like their kits, especially when they are on sale around Black Friday.  I should have got chrome I tell myself but I'll probably never know the difference in performance.

edit:  their, not there
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 2:18:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ve lost track of how many DT kits I’ve built but that was years and years ago. If I wanted a cheap kit now, I’d just go with a PSA blem
$319 with free shipping
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 2:32:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Always like there kits, especially when they are on sale around Black Friday.  I should have got chrome I tell myself but I'll probably never know the difference in performance.
View Quote

There really isn't one.  CL is more durable, but they don't shoot any better because of CL.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I’ve lost track of how many DT kits I’ve built but that was years and years ago. If I wanted a cheap kit now, I’d just go with a PSA blem
$319 with free shipping
View Quote

Saw those and was comparing the two, with the difference being about $40ish... locally I can avoid shipping costs and what I like about the Del-Ton is the phosphate looking finish on the barrel and BCG as opposed to the nitride.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 12:38:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
LGS has some in stock, $299 complete less lower of course.

16" phosphate appearance and not nitride. Keyhole forged upper.

Looking at buying three just for blasters.

Anyone build on these? Results?
View Quote
I bought a Del-Ton kit when the awb expired in 04. 16" carbine length gas w/out m4 ramps 1:9. It probably has 20-30k through it and has never had a rifle related malfunction. It has nose dived twice on GI green followers and I split two PMAGS (2007 date codes) that caused double feeds and all rounds ejected when mag released. Reliably shoots right at an inch with flat base bullets like 55gr vmax over 25gr TAC. 75gr bthp not suited to the twist, but it is still consistent ~2-2.25" from sandbag.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a kit (complete 16" Dissipator upper, stock, and lpk) and mated it with a stripped Del Ton lower.  All went well.  Learned after the fact the barrel was a heavy barrel contour under the handguards.  Stock single stage trigger was smoother than expected
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Picked one up yesterday.

I like the phosphate finish on the barrel and apparently DelTon says they are parked under the FSB, something that I've never concerned myself with. F-marked FSB that is as straight as an arrow, no cant detected. BCG has nice staking and the gas key and extractor ARE NOT MIM (like the Anderson BCG that came with the uppers PA had on sale recently) which is nice. Cerro forge marked upper with white T numbers. Buffer is H1 marked.

About sixty flawless rounds all ejecting at 3:00, not that a little forward or rearward would matter to me. I added a cheap carry handle sight and it was dead on from the start. Excellent accuracy as far as I'm concerned nut I was only at 25 yards just getting some trigger time.

No CL barrel and skinny handguards which is understandable given the price point... I'm fine with that. I already slapped on a set of fat M4 handguards I had in the parts box.

All in all for just $300 out the door I think the quality of the kit is pretty damn good... I plan on buying another next pay day to use up a lower that's just collecting dust.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top