Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2019 5:44:46 PM EDT
Really looking at a Eotech exps2 and was wondering how the Green vs Red compares to each other.  
I seen a few videos, however I would like to hear from those that may have used both???  Would hate to buy and have to sell later!

Secondary - Without a proven track record....does anyone have time with the Razor AMG UH-1?  This is my second sight I am currently peeping.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the red, I think green might be better for low light settings.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I personally have used EXPS 2/3 and the Vortex and believe the Vortex is superior due to the fact you can disable the auto off and basically live it ready to go 24/7 if you change the battery once a month.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I personally have used EXPS 2/3 and the Vortex and believe the Vortex is superior due to the fact you can disable the auto off and basically live it ready to go 24/7 if you change the battery once a month.
View Quote
I only question the durability of the Huey.  I would like to see one abused.  Do love the rechargeable battery feature.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#4]
If your not hunting leprechauns I’d go red??
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 9:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd like to try one out. Most of the green stuff is junk so it's nice to see it from a big company. My boss bought a green reticle eotech years ago from a guy before I came into the store. I don't know if it was my face or it just clicked but he looked at me and said "Eotech doesn't make a green reticle do they?" doh!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 2:39:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I only question the durability of the Huey.  I would like to see one abused.  Do love the rechargeable battery feature.
View Quote
Because of the lack of a track record? It feels as sturdy as EXPS series, though Im sure thats not what youre after. Id love to beat the hell out of mine but I dont want to have to replace a $400 sight. I love this forum, but not THAT much.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#7]
It is really just personal preference. I have a pretty strong preference for green because my eyes seem to like the neon contrast and can pick up green much faster than red. I have green dots when I can but sadly a lot of optics only come in red. I even have one that is blue (just a cheap BSA on my 15-22) and I actually really like blue for low light.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It is really just personal preference. I have a pretty strong preference for green because my eyes seem to like the neon contrast and can pick up green much faster than red. I have green dots when I can but sadly a lot of optics only come in red. I even have one that is blue (just a cheap BSA on my 15-22) and I actually really like blue for low light.
View Quote
That's because the human eye is much more sensitive to green light than red.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top