Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2024 4:18:59 PM EDT
I was shooting my gun with an Aimpoint T2 on it the other day and it seems like my eyes my be getting worse or something.
It's hard to explain what it looked like but it was almost like fisheye or like there was slightly more than 1x magnification.
This doesn't happen with my EOTech so I'm wondering if switching to a bigger tube like the Aimpoint CompM4 might help this?
You guys have any experience with this issue?
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I just recently started purging out my red dots and replacing them with Eotechs for this exact reason.  

I never had any high-end red dots like an Aimpoint but I know I've started having issues shooting  with my budget red dots.  I don't blame the optics at all.  Its probably my aging eyes and my own bad shooting habbits but I consistently shoot better with an Eotech holographic sight versus any of the red dots Ive tried recently.  

This is just my personal experience over the last year or so.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input.
I'm thinking a bigger tubed optic might mitigate it a bit.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
There was another thread discussing red dots, Eotech, etc. recently.  Might be worth a read if you haven't seen it already.....

Best Red Dot For Astigmatism
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Aimpoint T2s have slight magnification, about 1.1 or 1.15. There is also a fishbowl distortion from the lenses but likely a necessary evil to mitigate parallax.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Eotech is your best choice for an unmolested image. Otherwise, the Sig Romeo 5 Aimpoint clone offers a fantastic, true image but with wonky parallax and secondary red dots created by internal reflections.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top