Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2024 6:11:22 PM EDT
Hey everyone, I’m wanting to start a new 6 ARC project and need help either finding an off the shelf barrel that will work or going with a custom spun up barrel which is what I’m leaning towards.

So my requirements are:

Rifle Length Gas System
Longer than 16.5”

I’ll be using a URX 3.1 13.5, spikes tapered gas block and OCM5. I’m not wanting to go with a 16” barrel and using a crazy amount of shims to reach the proper length for the OCM5, so I’ll need something I can get cut to around 16.3-16.5”

As I said, I’m leaning towards a custom spun barrel that way I can get exactly what I’m wanting and could go with a thick profile behind the gas block and add fluting behind the gas block to somewhat help with heat. I was looking at buying an X-Caliber barrel blank and sending it off. Are there any other recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Link Posted: 6/5/2024 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
https://www.sixfiveoutfitters.com/product/6a-20/
View Quote

Haven’t heard a whole lot on six five outfitters, are they trusted and good to go? Little hesitant with the lower price but not totally opposed. Are they closer to BA level or closer to higher level barrels?

View Quote

This is one of the few off the shelf I’m seriously eyeballing, big plus I can add fluting. This will probably what I’ll go with, just wish there was more reviews for them.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DackJaniels:

Haven’t heard a whole lot on six five outfitters, are they trusted and good to go? Little hesitant with the lower price but not totally opposed. Are they closer to BA level or closer to higher level barrels?

This is one of the few off the shelf I’m seriously eyeballing, big plus I can add fluting. This will probably what I’ll go with, just wish there was more reviews for them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I’ve got a 6.5C Craddock RTR barrel in an Aero M5 build that shoots very well in the somewhat limited amount I’ve been able to shoot it.

I’ve never had a bad Craddock barrel nor have I ever heard of anyone having an issue with one.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Proof
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:35:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Mister_H:
Proof
View Quote

They don’t make a RLGS 6ARC barrel longer than 16”.  Their 18” is RL+1.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 12:34:12 AM EDT
[#7]
X-Caliber?
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 9:23:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Mister_H:
Proof
View Quote

Proof is what I went with in my 18”. Others in the running are Craddock, Noveske, and Lilja via Six Sigma Arms. I did go Noveske with my 14.5 Arc and it’s a very consistent MOA or slightly better with factory BTHP, ELDM, and ELDX. My proof is still breaking in so I’m still forming my opinion on it, but even fresh it’s MOA or so. The one that impressed me the most has been my Beer City Bullets (who?) 12.5”. It outshoots both the Noveske and the Proof, and I’d gladly buy another.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I have one of their barrels (now Rexus) in 6.5 Grendel.  The owner is one of the main guys at the Grendel forums.   Anyway, it's a nice barrel and a solid MOA shooter.  Maybe not the laser beam my Lilja is but there is a big difference in money.  I believe the Rexus barrels are made by Faxon.  The Rexus bolts are pretty nice too.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:49:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#10]
Rexus Current barrels are manufactured by Green Mountain to Blunt Force Trauma (BFT) specification.   These are rack grade barrels but get good reviews.   These barrels sold by BFT were sold first as group buy barrels on the 6.5 Grendel Forum.   BFT started an online store with the name 6.5 Outfitters but recently adopted the Rexus name.   Early Group Buy Monster Logo barrels were manufactured by Faxon.   The Green Mountain barrels appear to be equal or better in quality compared to Faxon group buy barrels which were very good.  I have a 16” and 18” 6.5 Grendel Group Buy barrel manufactured by Faxon.  I have a 12” 6.5 Grendel Monster logo barrel manufactured by Green Mountain.  All my Monster logo barrels are Nitride and I have no regrets buying mine.   If anyone has an issue BFT has very good customer service and ships fast.   Both websites are still linked together but just for reference.   The reviews I’ve seen of the 6 ARC Rexus barrels have been positive.

https://www.sixfiveoutfitters.com

https://rexusoutfitters.com

Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:35:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
Rexus Current barrels are manufactured by Green Mountain to Blunt Force Trauma (BFT) specification.   These are rack grade barrels but get good reviews.   These barrels sold by BFT were sold first as group buy barrels on the 6.5 Grendel Forum.   BFT started an online store with the name 6.5 Outfitters but recently adopted the Rexus name.   Early Group Buy Monster Logo barrels were manufactured by Faxon.   The Green Mountain barrels appear to be equal or better in quality compared to Faxon group buy barrels which were very good.  I have a 16” and 18” 6.5 Grendel Group Buy barrel manufactured by Faxon.  I have a 12” 6.5 Grendel Monster logo barrel manufactured by Green Mountain.  All my Monster logo barrels are Nitride and I have no regrets buying mine.   If anyone has an issue BFT has very good customer service and ships fast.   Both websites are still linked together but just for reference.   The reviews I’ve seen of the 6 ARC Rexus barrels have been positive.

https://www.sixfiveoutfitters.com

https://rexusoutfitters.com

View Quote

I’m actually going to test out one of their Grendel barrels today and see how it fares vs my satern with the ammo I like shooting.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By x248716x:
X-Caliber?
View Quote

My 18” arc barrel shoots amazing

Just got another from them in 6mm cm
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 10:54:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By x248716x:
X-Caliber?
View Quote

Came to post this if you want to go the custom route. I have a Savage prefit from them that shoots lights out.

I have a 6.5G barrel from SixFiveOutfitters, and it shoots 123gr factory ammo ~1MOA, it probably shoots better than I do.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:24:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe this is worth a look. Longer than 16.5” and rifle length gas system.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 12:11:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I’ll muddy the waters of your thinking a little-

VSeven

2/2 for me on great shooters
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 12:29:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Did you get your OCM5 as a 6mm special job?   Was told could not shoot 6arc in the ocm5
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top