BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 912
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By wootizzle:
Question to those who may know, might be a little outside of the purpose of this thread (though I think I've seen a few mounted on guns posted here);

But, does anyone know if they make an IR filter that fits the SureFire Mini Scout?

Don't bother, the mini scout is an LED and LED's don't put out any useable light in the IR spectrum (unlike an incandescent bulb, which can be used with an IR filter).

There may be SOME IR output, but truly not enough to use.  I'd recommend doing a search or bringing this up in the night vision sub forum over in the armory.
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 7:43:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By jBoy723:
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Originally Posted By Tmender03:
If you get an FDE Elcan, you won't regret it (other than the cost).

+1

Nobody else will have one at the range either - it's a great conversation piece.
And of course, it's obviously amazing in its capabilities.

I wish that was the case with the guys I shoot with ..Doesn't help that Neil (new-arguy) is our LGS enabler and always has cool clone stuff available..Some of the guys that own the ELCAN's are not the types to post in forums but, we definitely have our fair share on ELCANs show up at the range and matches we have..

I bought mine from Neil, nice guy.

I saw a guy once at the Friday Night Rifle League (informal weekly match up here in the Seattle area) with an FDE Elcan on his SCAR 17, and that's it.  That's the only other time though.
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 7:49:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Friendly_Crusader] [#3]
Question to those who may know, might be a little outside of the purpose of this thread (though I think I've seen a few mounted on guns posted here);

But, does anyone know if they make an IR filter that fits the SureFire Mini Scout?

You won't get it to work right as the m300s I've seen all come in LED. You need a vampire head for that purpose, or an incandescent light.

Edit: Answered above
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 8:06:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NapeSticksToKids] [#4]

No because a filter doesn't work with LED

Eta didnt see the new page
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:
Originally Posted By bending_rodriguez:
Hey guys what would be the correct mount to attach my sling to the QD hole on a sopmod stock?

You don't need QD. Depending on your sling, you can loop it through one of the two sling slots on the stock. For example:

http://www.americanspecialops.com/images/photos/marsoc/marsoc-marine-hires.jpg

Or:

http://images.sofrep.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Ranger11-660x437.jpg

Yea My issue is that I'm going to use my VCAS sling from my block II on my CQBR as well....so I'll be switching back and forth.  My block II has the rear CQD mount so I'm using HK hooks on the VCAS, so I'd like to be able to use the HK hooks on the stock and not remove them everytime I want to switch rifles with the sling.
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 11:57:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By cmcflex:

Hey guys what would be the correct mount to attach my sling to the QD hole on a sopmod stock?

You don't need QD. Depending on your sling, you can loop it through one of the two sling slots on the stock. For example:

http://www.americanspecialops.com/images/photos/marsoc/marsoc-marine-hires.jpg

Or:

http://images.sofrep.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Ranger11-660x437.jpg

Yea My issue is that I'm going to use my VCAS sling from my block II on my CQBR as well....so I'll be switching back and forth.  My block II has the rear CQD mount so I'm using HK hooks on the VCAS, so I'd like to be able to use the HK hooks on the stock and not remove them everytime I want to switch rifles with the sling.

Nape's idea from the last page is the way to go although I do it slightly different. I can't post a pic to show you unfortunately but I run a full paracord loop through the sling mounting slot/hole and either over the top or bottom of the stock. Then clip your Hk hook into the paracord loop. This full loop allows easy transitions to offhand and back as the hook can slide in the loop to the other side of the stock.

PM/Email me if your lost and I can email you a picture of what I'm talking about. It's the best way I've found to run the a hook to the stock.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:48:36 AM EDT
[#7]

An IR filter wont work on the mini scout.  IR filters dont work on LED lights.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Postal0311:

An IR filter wont work on the mini scout.  IR filters dont work on LED lights.

This.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AnthonyL:
Originally Posted By derekv814:
I often lurk in this thread and it's going to cost me money....

You and I both.  I just found this thread 2 weeks ago doing some Google searches.  It's been a curse ever since.

Received more parts on Friday.  Today I pulled the FSB off the Colt 14.5 SOCOM barrel.  Removing those factory tapered pins was fun!

http://i.imgur.com/V66c2u0.jpg

Next to get the KAC QD pinned and then assemble the upper.

Don't get the flash hider pinned until the upper is completely assembled! AFAIK there is no way to assemble the FSP version unless you can completely remove the FSB from the barrel.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
Don't get the flash hider pinned until the upper is completely assembled! AFAIK there is no way to assemble the FSP version unless you can completely remove the FSB from the barrel.

Not true, I played around with try fitting the parts this past weekend.  With the flash hider installed, remove the pins on the FSP and slide it all the way forward.  You can get then get the DD RIS II rail installed and slide the FSP back in place and pin.

With that said, anyone know if ADCO can even pin an upper with the rail installed?  I'm going to say no...
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Not true, I played around with try fitting the parts this past weekend.  With the flash hider installed, remove the pins on the FSP and slide it all the way forward.  You can get then get the DD RIS II rail installed and slide the FSP back in place and pin.

With that said, anyone know if ADCO can even pin an upper with the rail installed?  I'm going to say no...

How do you get the FSB through the rear ring of the RIS II?
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 1:52:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut003] [#12]

The ris rail cant go over the barrrl nut either. I don't think.

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 2:52:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pezboytate] [#13]
Originally Posted By gunnut003:

The ris rail cant go over the barrrl nut either. I don't think.

On the regular RIS II you can install the rail with a permanently attached muzzle device (as long as the barrel nut and gas block are on the barrel). On the RIS II FSP you cannot because the hole in the rear of the rail is only large enough for the barrel nut and low profile gas block to fit through.
My experience is installing two different types of full length RIS II FSP rails and I don't see how you could install it with a permanently attached muzzle device but if there is a way I would like to hear how.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 3:25:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#15]
BCM has socom barrels in stock. They finally come back when I'm broke.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TXWoodsman:

Well that makes two of us, due to an Elcan in black..going to have to man up and paint it to match my rifle

I called Raytheon Elcan asked about FDE models, supposedly Armament Technology had ordered them. I decided not to wait, good deal and painting it will look good.

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 7:12:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By JRas:

Well that makes two of us, due to an Elcan in black..going to have to man up and paint it to match my rifle

I called Raytheon Elcan asked about FDE models, supposedly Armament Technology had ordered them. I decided not to wait, good deal and painting it will look good.

I'm in same boat. Sell Black one and take a hit and get an FDE if they come out or paint the one I have...
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 7:33:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thornejc] [#18]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:

I'm in same boat. Sell Black one and take a hit and get an FDE if they come out or paint the one I have...

Shiiiit... Elcans are for Canadians....  And people who can afford them .  Anyways I hate all of y'all here... just ordered all the parts for a Block II last week and it about broke me and looking for a KAC front sight is going to give me an aneurysm but should have pics coming soon.  I'll have to rock the ACOG and mini scout for awhile.  And I can build an MK18 for the price of one of those ATPIAL so that isn't going to happen for awhile either unfortunately.  Anyways... a lot of beautiful rifles in this thread so thank you to all who have contributed.

Here is my parts list so if there is any input that is good

LMT 14.5"
LMT Gen2 Sopmod
DD RIS II M4A1 FDE
SureFire FH556212A
Trijicon ACOG TA31RMR
SureFire m300a (black) w/ SR07
Tango Down VG (might not go the VG route though on this rifle)
KAC 200-600 rear
(looking for KAC front )

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By thornejc:

Shiiiit... Elcans are for Canadians....  And people who can afford them .  Anyways I hate all of y'all here... just ordered all the parts for a Block II last week and it about broke me and looking for a KAC front sight is going to give me an aneurysm but should have pics coming soon.  I'll have to rock the ACOG and mini scout for awhile.  And I can build an MK18 for the price of one of those ATPIAL so that isn't going to happen for awhile either unfortunately.  Anyways... a lot of beautiful rifles in this thread so thank you to all who have contributed.

LMT 14.5"
LMT Gen2 Sopmod
DD RIS II M4A1 FDE
SureFire FH556212A
Trijicon ACOG TA31RMR
KAC 200-600 rear
(looking for KAC front )

You can build a Mk18 for $700? Another cheaper option is a G23 or G33 and an Eotech 553 or EXPS3.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#20]
We need to pool our resources and win this.

Why couldn't the guy have sold them individually. Now some European airsofter is gonna win it and they'll be lost in the airsoft world.

http://bit.ly/11SeuiC
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#21]

OR people who save and slowly build up their rifle I've never had an optic on this rifle, been rocking KAC flip-ups since day one .

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 7:56:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AnthonyL] [#22]

Before you start installing the RIS II remove the barrel from the upper, or when you are building a new upper the barrel is already off.  Slip the rear of the barrel through the rear RIS II ring first, then slide from the front ring.  The FSP needs to be loose on the barrel and can slide forward to get the barrel in the rings.  Last step pin the FSP and install the lower piece of the RIS II.

I'm no expert in the matter, but do have all the parts in question laid out on my work bench and have been dry fitting them just this past weekend.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:03:04 PM EDT
[#23]

(looking for KAC front )

Keep a close eye on eBay.  I passed on a KAC taupe front sight that went for $236 a week ago.  However be very careful, I've seen some counterfeits also on eBay, and people are getting suckered and paying KAC prices for them.  

The same seller that sold the KAC front sight I got my KAC QD flash hider and DD ConVert grip from and they were authentic items.  So real ones for really good deals are found on eBay.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:04:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thornejc] [#24]

LMT 14.5"
LMT Gen2 Sopmod
DD RIS II M4A1 FDE
SureFire FH556212A
Trijicon ACOG TA31RMR
KAC 200-600 rear
(looking for KAC front )

You can build a Mk18 for $700? Another cheaper option is a G23 or G33 and an Eotech 553 or EXPS3.

Where can you get one (L3 ATPIAL) for $700... all the ones I have seen are $1400+

I already have the ACOG and I have owned several EOTech/EOTech magnifier combos and never really was that into them
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#25]

LMT 14.5"
LMT Gen2 Sopmod
DD RIS II M4A1 FDE
SureFire FH556212A
Trijicon ACOG TA31RMR
KAC 200-600 rear
(looking for KAC front )

Where can you get one (L3 ATPIAL) for $700... all the ones I have seen are $1400+

I already have the ACOG and I have owned several EOTech/EOTech magnifier combos and never really was that into them

Non-IR model from Insight, it pays to be in the military when it comes to the cool toys I guess.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#26]

If it's just pinning the flash hider, you can send the upper completely assembled. Also it doesn't have to be disassembled so you only have to pay for the pinning service and not the disassemble/reassemble fee. They did my barrel with a standard A2 and spacer to reach 16in in one day, total turnaround was a week.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#27]

LMT 14.5"
LMT Gen2 Sopmod
DD RIS II M4A1 FDE
SureFire FH556212A
Trijicon ACOG TA31RMR
KAC 200-600 rear
(looking for KAC front )

Non-IR model from Insight, it pays to be in the military when it comes to the cool toys I guess.

Well damn... I meet with my recruiter again Aug 2 so maybe i can go ahead and try to get going... get that discount haha.  Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#28]

LMT 14.5"
LMT Gen2 Sopmod
DD RIS II M4A1 FDE
SureFire FH556212A
Trijicon ACOG TA31RMR
KAC 200-600 rear
(looking for KAC front )

Well damn... I meet with my recruiter again Aug 2 so maybe i can go ahead and try to get going... get that discount haha.  Thanks for the info

I wouldn't join fit that reason, I've been in 9.5 years now, and don't get to do much with small arms, only aircraft (A-10C mechanic).
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#29]

LMT 14.5"
LMT Gen2 Sopmod
DD RIS II M4A1 FDE
SureFire FH556212A
Trijicon ACOG TA31RMR
KAC 200-600 rear
(looking for KAC front )

I wouldn't join fit that reason, I've been in 9.5 years now, and don't get to do much with small arms, only aircraft (A-10C mechanic).

Definitely not joining for military discounts... im putting off pharmacy school so the difference in pay would never make the discounts worth it.  It is something I have wanted to do since i was a little kid and I would be pissed off at myself if i sold out and didn't at least put in 4 years.  The guy i am meeting with is the former battalion commander for recruiting here in SC (Col Wright) so next meeting he is introducing me to the current battalion commander and from there the current is going to introduce me to a recruiter (kinda a weird process but I was told that I am a lot less likely to get into something I want if I just walk into a recruiting station on my own since they have specific MOSs that they are told need filling or something like that).  Kinda feel cheap doing it that way but i'll take all the help I can get.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Will someone post a pic for me if I email it to them? My iphone won't upload pics but I can email em.
It's just a mock up but all the parts are finally here
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#31]

LMT 14.5"
LMT Gen2 Sopmod
DD RIS II M4A1 FDE
SureFire FH556212A
Trijicon ACOG TA31RMR
KAC 200-600 rear
(looking for KAC front )

Definitely not joining for military discounts... im putting off pharmacy school so the difference in pay would never make the discounts worth it.  It is something I have wanted to do since i was a little kid and I would be pissed off at myself if i sold out and didn't at least put in 4 years.  The guy i am meeting with is the former battalion commander for recruiting here in SC (Col Wright) so next meeting he is introducing me to the current battalion commander and from there the current is going to introduce me to a recruiter (kinda a weird process but I was told that I am a lot less likely to get into something I want if I just walk into a recruiting station on my own since they have specific MOSs that they are told need filling or something like that).  Kinda feel cheap doing it that way but i'll take all the help I can get.

Other option is going guard/reserve, that easy you can go to school and still serve your country.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Before you start installing the RIS II remove the barrel from the upper, or when you are building a new upper the barrel is already off.  Slip the rear of the barrel through the rear RIS II ring first, then slide from the front ring.  The FSP needs to be loose on the barrel and can slide forward to get the barrel in the rings.  Last step pin the FSP and install the lower piece of the RIS II.

I'm no expert in the matter, but do have all the parts in question laid out on my work bench and have been dry fitting them just this past weekend.

That sounds like it will work. I didn't think about removing the barrel.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 9:25:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NapeSticksToKids] [#33]
Nvm
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#34]
DD M4A1 on the shelf at a FLGS.

In case anyone was wondering the barrel profile is standard gov't profile m4 barrel. It's a shame DD didn't go full retard and bust out a SOCOM profile barrel for it like colt. One thing I woulda axed, though was the brackets for the -203. I pulled mine off before having it sent in to adco, but who knows, someone may actually have one they want to fit on the gun.

And my rifle yesterday while out in the boonies.

took the time to take pics for DD's photo contest. Hate on the multicam smörgåsbord all you want.

I've given up my PR build though... some of you may have seen it on EE.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:38:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pezboytate] [#35]
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:

Why couldn't the guy have sold them individually. Now some European airsofter is gonna win it and they'll be lost in the airsoft world.

I may get them but I'd hate to lose money after selling the extras.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:50:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NapeSticksToKids] [#36]
Poop
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 11:44:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TXWoodsman] [#37]

http://bit.ly/11SeuiC

I may get them but I'd hate to lose money after selling the extras.

I figure you could easily sell them for at least 30 a pop since they're tan. Can't get them anywhere.

I just picked up a m3x so I would possibly be interested.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 11:53:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyone have a lead on an M3X Xenon?

I can only find the LED models, but can't seem to find a Xenon one.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 11:58:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone have a lead on an M3X Xenon?

I can only find the LED models, but can't seem to find a Xenon one.

Watch the EE. I just picked up a black one that was sprayed tan for 70$.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 12:12:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JRas] [#40]
Surefire M620V broke.. it's about as bright as a keychain light..FML

Yes, I replaced the batteries..call Surefire tomorrow. May work out better in the end, we'll see
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 2:33:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AnthonyL] [#41]
Today the last rifle part arrived, LMT SOPMOD stock kit (minus buffer and spring).  Seems to be hard to find in stock in FDE.  I found the BNIB kit on eBay for $170 shipped, sounded like a decent price.

I will probably finish the build this week and test fire.  All I need remaining is the EOTech 553.A65 Tan.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 2:41:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut003] [#42]
If anybody wants some bikini light filters in tan red/IR lenses for the M3X  send me an IM/email  up to tomorrow around 1600PST or a bit later on 06/11/13... I have a line on a "lot" of them but will only get them if there are enough people who want them.. I dont want to be stuck with them.  

I just posted this here to help the cloners...

I need some firm commitals, we are on a short timeline.

DONT POST IN THIS THREAD TO TAKE UP SPACE, JUST IM/EMAIL ME.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 8:53:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FloridaMan] [#43]
Just a mock up pic. Hoping to get it pinned and welded at Bushido today.

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/GreenSwamperin/media/BlockIIBuild_zps91eb8fb6.jpg.html" />

I'll have a pic sittin on a lower and with the Surefire Tan Mini suppressor next week

EDIT: Hmmm, I don't know why the picture isn't working

Nevermind I guess. Have to go get a new iphone or a camera.

Link Posted: 6/11/2013 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 10:15:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#45]
I know this has been discussed already, but what push button sling mounts are you guys using on your RIS IIs?

The DD one is almost $50 - are there any cheaper options of the same quality and reliability?

Link Posted: 6/11/2013 11:11:07 AM EDT
[#46]

I know this has been discussed already, but what push button sling mounts are you guys using on your RIS IIs?

The DD one is almost $50 - are there any cheaper options of the same quality and reliability?

I don't think you'll find anything cheaper than around $40 that's high quality unless you go used. The IWC and Fortis qd mounts are both top notch and around $40. Magpul has an Rsa Qd coming out sometime this year. Msrp is around $40 iirc but it's basically the exact same thing as the Fortis.

Link Posted: 6/11/2013 12:45:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#48]

I use the Gear Sector. Comes in FDE as well.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 1:40:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hater] [#49]
Besides the EE, where, yes, I've seen some good deals, where can you buy a genuine Colt SOCOM barrel?  Where are these guys on the EE and Gunbroker buying/getting them?

ETA: the 14.5" version
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Installed the CQD rear sling adapter. KAC 300m micro rear sight on its way from Operatinparts. LBT sling with HK hooks will be here tomorrow. CQD front rail mounted sling adapter has shipped as well. My base Block II will be complete and now on to optics, suppressors, lights, and lasers. Can't decide between the 553 or EXPS3 OR wait until I have the cash for the Elcan or TA01 ECOS. Definitely going with the Scout light though. I like the look of it better than the M3X. More mounting options.http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag10/brentb17/IMG_20130611_145811_zps151d9480.jpg
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag10/brentb17/IMG_20130611_150033_zpsbbc13d6d.jpg
Page / 912
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top