Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 912
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 12:48:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/vor033/United%20States%20Spec%20Ops%20-%202/1042026_zpsb59570e9.jpg

"I told you mine was brighter."

M4-2000?

Hard to tell for sure, but it does appear to be an M4-2000.

However, this is probably the only pic I've ever seen of one paired with a Block II in the wild - a rarity for sure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
Originally Posted By coctailer:
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
do they use a AAC model ?

I don't think so.

Block II with an AAC can:

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/vor033/United%20States%20Spec%20Ops%20-%202/1042026_zpsb59570e9.jpg

M4-2000?

However, this is probably the only pic I've ever seen of one paired with a Block II in the wild - a rarity for sure.

There's something funny about this pic though... Hard to place it. The other guy's camo (discussed a few pages back), the poster on the wall, the AAC can... Is it WILD kind of wild, or maybe just training somewhere inside COTUS? With fun toys?
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 1:14:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By Will816:
There's something funny about this pic though... Hard to place it. The other guy's camo (discussed a few pages back), the poster on the wall, the AAC can... Is it WILD kind of wild, or maybe just training somewhere inside COTUS? With fun toys?
View All Quotes

M4-2000?

Possibly.

I'm willing to bet this is the real deal though.

The poster looks like some type of Afghan soccer event and the rug and blankets look pretty authentic to me - authentic enough that it's either training in Afghanistan or a real operation in Afghanistan, but it looks to be real to me, not training stateside.

Then again, I could be wrong - just my best guess.

Link Posted: 1/9/2014 1:48:26 AM EDT
[#3]
do they use a AAC model ?
View Quote

No.  The AAC can is for the HK416.
Spec cans for the Block II are Surefire SOCOM 5.56 RC and the KAC QDSS NT4
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 1:54:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ihcnehc] [#4]

Originally Posted By GreenSwamperin:

I've owned 4 G33's and tried virtually all of the mounts available. I think the stock mount is the shit. Knocking it by accident never seemed like a concern to me. The FTS has the perfect amount of tension. In all of the hours I've spent hunting with them, I only had one get flipped out inadvertently when it caught on a vine and yanked it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By G_MAN:
Originally Posted By Roadblock:

Do any of the SF or SEAL boys run EOTECH G33.STS magnifiers on their BLOCK rifles? I just ordered one to go with my SU-231a, going to run it regardless but I got to thinking, I don't think I've ever seen a photo of one on a BLOCK rifle in the field. Then again I just ordered one so I'm just now interested in them, wasn't really looking before!
Also for anyone who has one, I see LaRue Tactical makes their flip to side mount for them. The mount the G33 comes with LOOKS good, but I've got a LaRue LT-755 on a PA 3x and the mount is SO solid. I'm wondering if it might be a worthwhile upgrade to get the LaRue mount for the G33?

Personally think the stock mount is really nice, I will not change mine out, but one thing the LaRue has over the G33 mount is it can't be accidentally banged in or out of position.

I've owned 4 G33's and tried virtually all of the mounts available. I think the stock mount is the shit. Knocking it by accident never seemed like a concern to me. The FTS has the perfect amount of tension. In all of the hours I've spent hunting with them, I only had one get flipped out inadvertently when it caught on a vine and yanked it.

I don't have them saved, but I know there were some pics of mil guys running the G33. I remember one in particular that was US and Canadian force training together. The rifles were either Mk18's or Block I CQBR's if I remember correctly. Probably Block I CQBR's.
GreenSwamperin - Do you mind list the mounts that you have tried?  I am in the process of evaluating the G33 vs Aimpoint 3x, and I would like to see what other G33 mounts are out there.  I think the STS mount is a solid improvement over the older mount, but I personally slightly prefer the LauRue Aimpoint 3x mount.  Did you try the LaRue LT755-S-EO?

As far as the mag itself, I think G33 is a solid improvement over G23.  But I am not sure if it is better than the Aimpoint 3x yet.  The Aimpoint 3x definitely has longer and more forgiving eye relief.  On the other hand, the G33 has a slight higher power (3.5x) and slightly better FOV.

Thanks.

EDIT: I am not paper evaluating.  I actually have both Aimpoint 3x and G33.

Link Posted: 1/9/2014 1:59:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ihcnehc] [#5]

View All Quotes

M4-2000?

Caption of this picture when released: [ Afghan and coalition force members search a room during an operation in Helmand province, Afghanistan, Oct. 6, 2013. The coalition force members were searching for a high value extremist leader. ]

Source: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?114762-United-States-SOF-pics/page361

Notice the AFG guys use PVS-7s, Aimpoints, and PEQ-2s, and the our guys use PVS-15, EOtechs, and LA-5s.

Link Posted: 1/9/2014 1:59:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Love the eye relief on the Aimpoint 3x mag. That's what sets it aside from the rest for me.

Well..that and the fact that I'm sure it can take an insane beating just like the RDS sights that Aimpoint puts out.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 2:05:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

Love the eye relief on the Aimpoint 3x mag. That's what sets it aside from the rest for me.

Well..that and the fact that I'm sure it can take an insane beating just like the RDS sights that Aimpoint puts out.
View Quote
Not meaning to jab or anything, I am sure G33 can take a beating pretty well, too, but like you said and I mentioned in a previous post, Aimpoint's long and forgiving eye relief is a big plus.

Link Posted: 1/9/2014 9:12:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#8]
Originally Posted By ihcnehc:
Caption of this picture when released: [ Afghan and coalition force members search a room during an operation in Helmand province, Afghanistan, Oct. 6, 2013. The coalition force members were searching for a high value extremist leader. ]  

Source: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?114762-United-States-SOF-pics/page361

Notice the AFG guys use PVS-7s, Aimpoints, and PEQ-2s, and the our guys use PVS-15, EOtechs, and LA-5s.

View All Quotes

M4-2000?

The dude on the left is an Afghan?
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

M4-2000?

Interesting. Now I can't hate on all you guys for having AAC muzzle devices

But you still should dump them for the SF flash hiders
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 9:58:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Either the Surefire SOCOM cans or the KAC can
View All Quotes
whats the proper can for the block II ?

Either the Surefire SOCOM cans or the KAC can

Vast majority are KAC NT4s but if I were to buy one today I'd go with the Surefire...as long as I could get a FH556RC to put it on.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 10:09:51 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

The only thing unusual about that pic is how clean and organized the room is...that must be some very important person's abode...or should I say adobe.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 11:08:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone know if the Leupold Deltapoint works on the mounting base for Elcans?
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

M4-2000?

Not BLOCK II but since we're on the subject of AACs in the wild, this is the first I've seen not on a 416.
CAG
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Not BLOCK II but since we're on the subject of AACs in the wild, this is the first I've seen not on a 416.
CAG
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/SUPA_G_MAN/Firearms/SPR_AAC_can.jpg
View Quote

Yep...I'd hit that.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Isn't that just a promo shot? Not really in the wild
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#16]

CAG
View Quote

That looks like an SDN6
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ragincajun1919:
View Quote

I'm thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Do any of the SF or SEAL boys run EOTECH G33.STS magnifiers on their BLOCK rifles? I just ordered one to go with my SU-231a, going to run it regardless but I got to thinking, I don't think I've ever seen a photo of one on a BLOCK rifle in the field. Then again I just ordered one so I'm just now interested in them, wasn't really looking before!

Also for anyone who has one, I see LaRue Tactical makes their flip to side mount for them. The mount the G33 comes with LOOKS good, but I've got a LaRue LT-755 on a PA 3x and the mount is SO solid. I'm wondering if it might be a worthwhile upgrade to get the LaRue mount for the G33?

Personally think the stock mount is really nice, I will not change mine out, but one thing the LaRue has over the G33 mount is it can't be accidentally banged in or out of position.

I don't have them saved, but I know there were some pics of mil guys running the G33. I remember one in particular that was US and Canadian force training together. The rifles were either Mk18's or Block I CQBR's if I remember correctly. Probably Block I CQBR's.
GreenSwamperin - Do you mind list the mounts that you have tried?  I am in the process of evaluating the G33 vs Aimpoint 3x, and I would like to see what other G33 mounts are out there.  I think the STS mount is a solid improvement over the older mount, but I personally slightly prefer the LauRue Aimpoint 3x mount.  Did you try the LaRue LT755-S-EO?  

As far as the mag itself, I think G33 is a solid improvement over G23.  But I am not sure if it is better than the Aimpoint 3x yet.  The Aimpoint 3x definitely has longer and more forgiving eye relief.  On the other hand, the G33 has a slight higher power (3.5x) and slightly better FOV.

Thanks.

For sure. I've used the factory G33 mount, Samson G23 mount, Larue 755-s-Eo, and even the Wilcox which a friend has. I think the TNVC adapter and Aimpoint twist mount is the only one I haven't used. Now that I have a PVS-14 though, I'll probably pick one up when I get another G33.

Anyways, these mounts are probably going to be a very personal choice based on your use of the magnifier. The Samson mount blows, don't bother. The Larue is great, but it doesn't flip the mag all the way out and I didn't like that it blocked my view to the right of the sight. Others loved it though and flipping in and out is slightly quicker. The Wilcox is hands down the coolest and actually my favorite, but not $400 better or whatever it costs. If you were someone who had cash to blow I would check it out, but you can buy a second G33 for what it'll cost you.

Shoot me a IM if you have any specific questions. Considering the factory mount is free and does everything I need it to, it's the winner in my book.

Link Posted: 1/9/2014 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Either way, if it was a CAG guy, he's in the 'do what the fuck I want' club.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 1:03:52 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Thanks.

For sure. I've used the factory G33 mount, Samson G23 mount, Larue 755-s-Eo, and even the Wilcox which a friend has. I think the TNVC adapter and Aimpoint twist mount is the only one I haven't used. Now that I have a PVS-14 though, I'll probably pick one up when I get another G33.

Anyways, these mounts are probably going to be a very personal choice based on your use of the magnifier. The Samson mount blows, don't bother. The Larue is great, but it doesn't flip the mag all the way out and I didn't like that it blocked my view to the right of the sight. Others loved it though and flipping in and out is slightly quicker. The Wilcox is hands down the coolest and actually my favorite, but not $400 better or whatever it costs. If you were someone who had cash to blow I would check it out, but you can buy a second G33 for what it'll cost you.

Shoot me a IM if you have any specific questions. Considering the factory mount is free and does everything I need it to, it's the winner in my book.

Looking like $331 on the Wilcox mount. That one is actually on my short list too!

If I can find one used, I would probably buy the Wilcox.

Link Posted: 1/9/2014 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

The dude on the left is an Afghan?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:

View All Quotes

And just where the fuck have you been?
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Thanks.

Thanks for your response.

The Wilcox mount looks pretty elaborated.  I am most interested in the LaRue mount.  When you said it doesn't flip the mag all the way out, does it mean that mag will be in a higher position than the factory mount when flipped out?  The factory flips to a 90 degree angle and I can see that the LaRue is slight less than 90 degree.

Link Posted: 1/9/2014 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#24]
No problem. Yes the Wilcox is elaborate, but badass. Flip to side or just remove the mag altogether if your don't want it hanging off the side.
As far as the Larue: Yes, whereas the factory flips to 90 degrees, the Larue is somewhere around 45. It's quicker as the unit doesn't flip as far, but it will block your field of view just to the right of the Eotech or whatever sight you're using.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Somalia apparently
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Somalia apparently
View All Quotes

Somalia apparently

He must have taken a job as a pirate.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#27]
thanks, i kinda thought that.  all three of those cans are good.

quote][b]Originally Posted By FAB-10_Guy:

No.  The AAC can is for the HK416.
Spec cans for the Block II are Surefire SOCOM 5.56 RC and the KAC QDSS NT4
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 7:33:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#28]
whats the real barrel legnth ? 10.3 ?
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 7:35:21 PM EDT
[#29]

No problem. Yes the Wilcox is elaborate, but badass. Flip to side or just remove the mag altogether if your don't want it hanging off the side.

As far as the Larue: Yes, whereas the factory flips to 90 degrees, the Larue is somewhere around 45. It's quicker as the unit doesn't flip as far, but it will block your field of view just to the right of the Eotech or whatever sight you're using.
View Quote
Yeah the LaRue mount sounds like a no-go to me.  The LaRue mount for the Aimpoint 3x actually flips way out.  From your description and the pictures elsewhere, it seems that the LaRue mount will place the G33 just right next to the EOTech frame and block your field of view.  Thanks for your response.  I think I will stick with the factory mount, with which I am plenty happy.

Link Posted: 1/9/2014 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#30]
CAG
View Quote

That doesn't look to me like an issued weapon, at least not issued to US armed forces.  That free-floated rail doesn't look like any of the typical offerings.  As such I would venture that is is more a promo shot for some or other commercial entity, than a true "in the wild" pic.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By FAB-10_Guy:

That doesn't look to me like an issued weapon, at least not issued to US armed forces.  That free-floated rail doesn't look like any of the typical offerings.  As such I would venture that is is more a promo shot for some or other commercial entity, than a true "in the wild" pic.
View All Quotes

CAG

I'm with FAB.

Link Posted: 1/9/2014 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 1/9/2014 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

CAG

Looks like one of those DD Mk12 Mod3's or whatever blasphemous name they've assigned to it in order to make it even more über tactical.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 11:30:37 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Yeah the LaRue mount sounds like a no-go to me.  The LaRue mount for the Aimpoint 3x actually flips way out.  From your description and the pictures elsewhere, it seems that the LaRue mount will place the G33 just right next to the EOTech frame and block your field of view.  Thanks for your response.  I think I will stick with the factory mount, with which I am plenty happy.

Happy to help. The factory mount is a really well thought out and executed design IMO. I can see where some might like the Larue design, but it's not for me with the FOV blockage. It does keep the rifle more balanced when flipped out and is quicker to flip. Really comes down to personal preference.

Link Posted: 1/10/2014 1:38:03 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Happy to help. The factory mount is a really well thought out and executed design IMO. I can see where some might like the Larue design, but it's not for me with the FOV blockage. It does keep the rifle more balanced when flipped out and is quicker to flip. Really comes down to personal preference.

I might still give it a try at some point.  It is just not high on my list at the moment.  I like the LaRue Aimpoint 3x mount very much; it is very solid and flips just the right amount and at a right angle.  If their EOTech flips like the Aimpont mount does, I would have been more inclined to give a try.  Thanks again.

Link Posted: 1/10/2014 1:58:31 AM EDT
[#36]

Looks like one of those DD Mk12 Mod3's or whatever blasphemous name they've assigned to it in order to make it even more über tactical.
View All Quotes
CAG

So...in other words...it looks damn good?
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 1:59:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jrlk2005] [#37]
Just wondering - is the round, KAC 600 meter flip-up rear sight, kosher for a Block II build?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Knights-Armament-600M-Micro-Flip-Rear-Sight-Black-/370968382541?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item565f704c4d
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 6:54:32 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

CAG

Eh, if you say so. I'm not a fan of the rail myself. RIS II is way sleeker. Makes that rail (is it a Lite?) look like a fatty.

You can have that one
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 7:11:54 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes
CAG

Looks gross
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 8:46:22 AM EDT
[#40]

Looks gross
View All Quotes
CAG

Looks gross

Yes, it's not a block ii but that is still a damn sexy rifle
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By jrlk2005:
Just wondering - is the round, KAC 600 meter flip-up rear sight, kosher for a Block II build?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Knights-Armament-600M-Micro-Flip-Rear-Sight-Black-/370968382541?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item565f704c4d
View Quote

I think the 300m is more correct, as is a Matech rear sight.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Has anyone found a pic if a Navy person with full on m4a1 block ii yet? Just curious because I don't think I've ever seen navy, only army and marines.

In other words, picture challenge
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 9:55:40 AM EDT
[#43]

Eh, if you say so. I'm not a fan of the rail myself. RIS II is way sleeker. Makes that rail (is it a Lite?) look like a fatty.
You can have that one
View All Quotes
CAG

You can have that one

It's not a DD rail. Looks like a MI 15" G2 T series. Definitely not a BLOCK II or MK 12. On a side note I do happen to be in the minority of those that like the DD MK12 but I might be a little partial since I built one basically like it with a gen 1 lite rail a few years ago. Kind of a MK12 Mod1 only better .
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 11:00:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Teufelhunden1] [#44]
Has anyone found a pic if a Navy person with full on m4a1 block ii yet? Just curious because I don't think I've ever seen navy, only army and marines.

View Quote

Do not remember where this came from, hopefully its legit...
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 11:03:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Teufelhunden1:

<a href="http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/360311/media/p10405586qcm1_zpscc9359e4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb335/360311/p10405586qcm1_zpscc9359e4.jpg</a>
View All Quotes

<a href="http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/360311/media/p10405586qcm1_zpscc9359e4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb335/360311/p10405586qcm1_zpscc9359e4.jpg</a>

Airsoft. I think. Look at the cqbr grip
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

I knew it.  As I was...editing post
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

And the sights, and the plug/tape switch for the light.  It sure doesn't look right.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

There's a few G33s for ya

Link Posted: 1/10/2014 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

I've never seen any Navy personnel with a Block II M4A1. Ever.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Me either. That's why it's a picture challenge. Winner gets a used 20 rd pmag?
Page / 912
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top