Link Posted: 12/29/2011 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#2]
If its copper and boxy, its a "gen II".
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By GAshooter11:
couple pics of the SU-230 reticle (1x setting). quality sucks due to the fact that its fukin hard to take pics of a reticle. and all i have is a tiny digital camera. headed to the range tomorrow to sight it in. ill try to snap a few more pics.

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af328/nicCartel/IMG_0009-4.jpg

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af328/nicCartel/IMG_0007-4.jpg

Oh damn that's nice ( reach's for  swig of mt dew )

I like how that thing just light's up like a x-mas tree, Now if the thing;s I put up for sale tonight  get sold then I will have more fund's for my optic's for this build [dr evil] hahahaha

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 7:13:04 AM EDT
[#4]
My 6920 arrived at my FFL but I lost my damn drivers license on the 21st so I'm waiting for my replacement to come in before I can transfer it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 10:14:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Used the Block II-ish gun for a two day RB-1 course last month.

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 11:47:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I found a surprise in the bargain bin at a local shop yesterday
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 11:59:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DocBach] [#7]
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:

An SU-230?
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 12:26:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dog_dad] [#8]

The suspense is killing me!
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#9]

God you suck.

Why do you tease us like this

I swear if I see a ELCAN or another TA31F in his hand's ( argggggggggggggghhhhhhhh ) .

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#10]

So what did you get....the suspense is killing me.

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#11]

speaking of bargain.....

probably some kac stuff
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Haha I wish it was something like an optic. Maybe I got y'all too excited, but....

....for those keeping up with mk18 and block II rifles, I found this for $10:

Authentic CAR stock made out of metal complete with buffer tube and old car nut.

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Mattyvac, is the finish on yours plastic, or a textured coating?  I ask because it looks like one of the old repros like what I used to own.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Postal0311:
Mattyvac, is the finish on yours plastic, or a textured coating?  I ask because it looks like one of the old repros like what I used to own.

Textured, almost like bedliner. Some dinged up spots on the bottom corner of the butt of it show the metal underneath.

I thought it was cool lol
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 4:26:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Postal0311] [#15]
Check if it is commerical diameter.  As I said, it looks just like the old EA knockoffs.  The old Colt stocks had a sort of shiny rubberized finish.

Edit: Check under the latch for a marking.  Look for an N, NN or N1.Many, but not all, of the EA stocks were marked with a B.

Edit again:  Disregard.  I don't think yours is a repro.  The repros had a different profile on their top sling loops and the bodies tend to have a circular mark on them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Check if it is commerical diameter.  As I said, it looks just like the old EA knockoffs.  The old Colt stocks had a sort of shiny rubberized finish.

Edit: Check under the latch for a marking.  Look for an N, NN or N1.Many, but not all, of the EA stocks were marked with a B.

Edit again:  Disregard.  I don't think yours is a repro.  The repros had a different profile on their top sling loops and the bodies tend to have a circular mark on them.

So do I win or not? lol

This stock fits over my mil spec buffer tubes on all my rifles, the catch bolt just needs to be loosened a bit so the pin will bite into one of the 6 positions of the buffer tubes. Besides that I can put it on any mil spec buffer I want!
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#17]
C'mon   matty Build a retro carbine

I see the you got rid of the TA01 ( that was a bargain who ever bought it )

And those of you looking at sopmods stock's those B5 stock's from aim's with the batch date 11/11 are gtg. Just fit mine on a bcm tube for my AFSOC project after it was momentarily on my block II . Gonna have to get one of the tan one's from aim's.

Fudge I loose to BRD
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I dont like old rifles. Wood stocks and old AR types are gross to me.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 2:00:24 AM EDT
[#19]
If you don't like the retro look you can always sell me that stock for $10 plus shipping so I can build the xm177e2 i've been wanting to do
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 2:11:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut003] [#20]

Edit: I was gonna post something nasty about angering the Retro gods, but I dont want to get my rear fried- most of my builds are still parts kits, and I cant have SBRs in my State.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah....my RIS is on the Fedex truck. Wasn't supposed to be delivered until Tuesday, but Fedex has been doing some Sat. Deliveries around here
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By thebomber:
Yeah....my RIS is on the Fedex truck. Wasn't supposed to be delivered until Tuesday, but Fedex has been doing some Sat. Deliveries around here

You think anyone will be working today???
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#23]

Me too and add old cars  (with few exceptions)
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Heading to the range to shoot my Block II today... bringing plenty of ammo.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By osha:
Heading to the range to shoot my Block II today... bringing plenty of ammo.

Yea...well bring back plenty of pics

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#26]

So do I win or not? lol

This stock fits over my mil spec buffer tubes on all my rifles, the catch bolt just needs to be loosened a bit so the pin will bite into one of the 6 positions of the buffer tubes. Besides that I can put it on any mil spec buffer I want!

That could be an EA repro or a Bushy repro.  EA also made an aluminum CAR stock that was smooth like the original Colt stocks.

This is my old XM177E1 that I built several years ago using a 14.5" midlength barrel shortened down to somewhere around 13" with one of 45Bravo's pinned repro moderators.  This gun was TITS but I sold it to be more tacticool.  The stock I used was a smooth aluminum EA unit.

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Now that I think of it, it would be kind of cool to have a 'black hawk down' carbine
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Now that I think of it, it would be kind of cool to have a 'black hawk down' carbine

I'm collecting parts for one as well...............Sully
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 4:54:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: osha] [#30]
Pretty good day at the range. 300 or so rounds. A couple of mishaps. Had 2 stoppages with Wolf 75grn ammo, due to the chamber getting so hot the lacquer melted. Also, my SF M300 shot off (the mount must suck or something), but I found it downrange and reattached it. Lots of pics and a video.

Video:

Pictures:

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 5:27:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/RTUtah/ARs/IMG_1853.jpg

Isn't that a 723? The BHD carbines were 727s with a2 FH and a2 uppers without teardrop FA?
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#32]

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/RTUtah/ARs/IMG_1853.jpg

Isn't that a 723? The BHD carbines were 727s with a2 FH and a2 uppers without teardrop FA?

I started an RO727 but after I got that midlength XM built I just couldn't help myself so I made it my BHD carbine.  Here's the one I never finished building:

Osha, the Block II is looking good man; how long before you get some glass?

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#33]

Probably going to be a while, because I've decided to invest in a suppressor next. I'm fine with shooting irons for a while. I've run out of things to sell.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#34]
suppressor is whats next on my list..but i too have run out of things sell! hahaha. its ok, for once im actually content with my rifle....for now
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Probably going to be a while, because I've decided to invest in a suppressor next. I'm fine with shooting irons for a while. I've run out of things to sell.

dude, suppressor just makes you gun less loud - the Elcan is an investment - it gains value as soon as you get it!
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By DocBach:

dude, suppressor just makes you gun less loud - the Elcan is an investment - it gains value as soon as you get it!

I'm with you on that. Get the optic first...it's a force multiplier

Link Posted: 1/1/2012 1:24:31 AM EDT
[#37]
I guess I'll wait to see how the optic/suppressor market is when I get the funds together. Still, less loud, better muzzle compensation... that's more convenient and valuable for me, as I don't shoot places that really require 4x.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 8:49:55 AM EDT
[#38]
I guess I'll wait to see how the optic/suppressor market is when I get the funds together. Still, less loud, better muzzle compensation... that's more convenient and valuable for me, as I don't shoot places that really require 4x.

Get a T1. It's now on the WAP designated SU-230A1.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#39]
I would get the can first, think about it you are going to be waiting at least 4-5 months on the ATF dragging their feet on your papework. In the mean time you can get your optics!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#40]

Does anyone have any pics of the Micro in the wild?  What type of mount are they using?
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By new_ak_fan:

Does anyone have any pics of the Micro in the wild?  What type of mount are they using?

whos they? Use whatever mount you want.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By RePp:

whos they? Use whatever mount you want.

Wrong answer for a clone thread.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#43]

There are pics of one unit using them but I don't know if it was rangers or AFSOC, they were scaling sme buildings with ladders and you could see the aimpoints in the pics. They were using larue mounts. I believe this was a unit level purchase , though, before the t1 was WAP approved and designated.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#44]

There are pics of one unit using them but I don't know if it was rangers or AFSOC, they were scaling sme buildings with ladders and you could see the aimpoints in the pics. They were using larue mounts. I believe this was a unit level purchase , though, before the t1 was WAP approved and designated.

I know the picture you are talking about––I think the determination was that they were AFSOC.  I figured that was a COT purchase; but it seemed like people were suggesting the Micro had been adopted as the SU-230A1, am I reading things wrong?

Link Posted: 1/1/2012 3:25:52 PM EDT
[#45]

I know the picture you are talking about––I think the determination was that they were AFSOC.  I figured that was a COT purchase; but it seemed like people were suggesting the Micro had been adopted as the SU-230A1, am I reading things wrong?

Thats my understanding. Anyone got the picture in question?
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 10:20:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CujoTwoOne] [#46]

Thats my understanding. Anyone got the picture in question?

Link to the clone build thread

ETA: There's also some photos of SEAL's weapons with T1s that I can't find at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 11:09:06 PM EDT
[#48]
pardon the off topic but what pack/shoulder strap(s) is that on the alice frame?

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 12:04:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By GAshooter11:
pardon the off topic but what pack/shoulder strap(s) is that on the alice frame?

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af328/nicCartel/L2Zhy.jpg

Looks like a medium ALICE pack cinched down real small.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 12:10:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By sinlessorrow:

the coating doesnt melt, go look at the box o' truth

Well, the case got stuck in there and the extractor ripped off a chunk of the casing. Took a rod and a rubber mallet to get it out. The coating certainly looks melted.
Page / 912
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top