Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 912
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DocBach:
well, it was a long fun run but I'm out of the M4A1 block II game. After being able to get NFA stamps, went over to the Mk18 dark side, sold my M4 to fund a SR15.
View Quote

THE FUCK?
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#2]
We can't let this thread die without getting to 1k pages! Is there anyone who is a proponent for keeping their Block II upper and the CQBR for the "Sopmod" kit to run on the same lower?
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not like, deleting this thread or anything -- I just sold my M4A1gery to fund a Stoner.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By gaston4:
We can't let this thread die without getting to 1k pages! Is there anyone who is a proponent for keeping their Block II upper and the CQBR for the "Sopmod" kit to run on the same lower?
View Quote

I have two such "kits."

The M4 is a system. The CQB-R and 14.5" URGs are part of that system--they are not perfect substitutes. One also needs a suppressor, IR aiming laser, white light, optics, and, of course, the M203. The Mk12 is somewhat independent, but then again, one could make the case that it's also part of that system.

I'm gunning for the M203 for my next NFA purchase. I really don't need a gazillion ARs, but I do see the benefit in having at least one SBR'd lower with at least two uppers.

Just my $.02.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#5]
well, it was a long fun run but I'm out of the M4A1 block II game. After being able to get NFA stamps, went over to the Mk18 dark side, sold my M4 to fund a SR15.
View Quote

Why not have both, it's the arfcom way.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Tmender03:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm under an agreement with my wife that the contents of my gun safe can mutate, but not grow. Have to sell one toy to fund another to keep budget in the black.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 3:18:39 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

But this is your thread! At least transfer ownership of this thread. And I hope they charge you the steepest FFL fee known to man.

Kidding. Gotta do what you gotta do bro.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 5:55:31 PM EDT
[#8]

I'm under an agreement with my wife that the contents of my gun safe can mutate, but not grow. Have to sell one toy to fund another to keep budget in the black.
View All Quotes

Ha! I made the same agreement with myself a few years back, but have a real hard time holding myself to it. that reminds me, it's liquidation time.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not like, deleting this thread or anything -- I just sold my M4A1gery to fund a Stoner.
View Quote

This is like watching Al Pacino walk straight up to a pile of coke... only to immediately check into rehab.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:06:26 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Well I'm in the process of building an unpinned 14.5" upper with an RIS II FSP rail that will be paired with my CQBR lower.  Havent seen too many people that have gone this route though.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:19:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By tweeter:

This is like watching Al Pacino walk straight up to a pile of coke... only to immediately check into rehab.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tweeter:

Truth be told I only made an m4gery because I was in ca and couldn't do a mk18. Now that I can, I feel like the mk18 and sr15 can do everything the block II m4 can do, but with a better trigger and ergonomics.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RJeff21:

Well I'm in the process of building an unpinned 14.5" upper with an RIS II FSP rail that will be paired with my CQBR lower.  Havent seen too many people that have gone this route though.
View All Quotes

I have 4 unpinned 14.5 URGs, all SBRs & the pair you mention as well. I've seen more than a few others on this site, too.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By warpig8654:

I have 4 unpinned 14.5 URGs, all SBRs & the pair you mention as well. I've seen more than a few others on this site, too.
View All Quotes

Looks like I need to open my eyes a little bit better then.  

I skipped from about page 300 to roughly page 800 after I sold my first Block II upper.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:50:23 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

I dont need 20 SBRs...
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:06:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M113A3] [#15]
Originally Posted By M113A3:
Well gents several parts all came in this last week so here is the group shot. (LMT ambi lower & Optic)  

There are a few changes to be made i.e. the pistol grip... not sure if I will use the A2 or an Umbrella Corp grip I have which is not clone correct but nice.  I am also trying out the AFG but will be TD VFG in the near future. Now to get one of those high speed pelican cases... thinking a 1600 but open to suggestions.

Cheers - all thanks to those who have directly helped and those that posted so much info in this monster thread.[/span]
View Quote

Arrgh not sure what went wrong with the image I posted here is another try.

BTW @ ECPrevatte thanks for the pix... decided to pickup a 1700 free shipping for $180 with tax. Ended up with the tan case since the black did not have the pick-n-pull foam.

Cheers!

Link Posted: 11/12/2014 10:28:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: UsubM] [#16]
I think that was me who nabbed the last BCM 14.5" upper last friday, I should get later this week
I'll be putting it on an LE6920 lower that I had a PR-ish upper on.

In the past 2 weeks I've bought a new M600c, offset mount (Low-Pro), upper, and tried to get an ACOG from Ebay that was sniped at the last minute... and I'm still debating if I want to try get a taupe KAC front sight, but I really don't see myself using it much, so I may just go without BUIS.
I've got an XPS 2-0 that might sit on my rifle, at least until I can get a good deal on a TA01NSN

Anyway, hopefully over the next few weeks I can join this thread with something to show

ETA: Also, I saw an ACOG listed for sale with NSN markings on it, but didn't have the built-in BUIS or ears/dovetail to add them. Have these been used on uppers? It's an older (~2001) model
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 2:51:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#17]

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 2:59:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
<a href="http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/Jon9243/media/IMG_2760_zps295d3f2b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag94/Jon9243/IMG_2760_zps295d3f2b.jpg</a>  
View Quote

Clean. The law enforcement/mil restricted marked lower adds a nice touch too if I do say so myself.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 1:34:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: warpig] [#19]
wrong color.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 556x45_NATO:
Anyone have an angle on any RIS II's in FDE?

Thanks!

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Daniel-Defense-AR15-M4A1-RIS-II-Handguard-p/dd%208001-bk.htm

Hurry!

That is the black one.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 3:09:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

That is the black one.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
Originally Posted By 556x45_NATO:
Anyone have an angle on any RIS II's in FDE?

Thanks!

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Daniel-Defense-AR15-M4A1-RIS-II-Handguard-p/dd%208001-bk.htm

Hurry!

That is the black one.

Crap! Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
Mk12 Mod1 SPR and Mk18 RIS II Uppers on replica A1 engraved 80% lower system.

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:51:38 AM EDT
[#23]
My block II ish clone is all black, not sure if I'm cool enough.

Oh well, here it is. Base rifle is LMT 14.5

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 6:18:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Mauritius:
My block II ish clone is all black, not sure if I'm cool enough.

Oh well, here it is. Base rifle is LMT 14.5

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj220/fshoutowtr/IMG_1462.jpg
View Quote

That appears to have all the correct stuff, except in the wrong color.

Rattle can it.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Saturday morning B2 pron:

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:59:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By stoner63a:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner63a:

I still need to anodize some lowers.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Put a B5 SOPMOD on the other day. The coyote brown is kind of an odd color, but I like it. It goes well with the rail color. Also put in an ALG QMS trigger. The stock one that came from BCM was horrible.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By JBecker_72:

Put a B5 SOPMOD on the other day. The coyote brown is kind of an odd color, but I like it. It goes well with the rail color. Also put in an ALG QMS trigger. The stock one that came from BCM was horrible.
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/hownowbrowncow_02/Guns/4A5F239C-9C0B-4EAE-8AF9-81DE2F07E6C0_zpsgd7ox7xm.jpg
View Quote
I can't explain why, but I kinda like when all the different shades of tan/fde come together.

The ta01 will soon be moved to another rifle in favor of a 1-4.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Has anyone here had their 80% machined with appropriate Colt M4A1 rollmarks? I'm at that point in my build process and I'm looking for recommended shops.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Is there any supply of FDE colored M4-A1 RIS II's, standard model or FSP models or even Mk18 RIS II's? Can't seem to find any.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:14:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
Is there any supply of FDE colored M4-A1 RIS II's, standard model or FSP models or even Mk18 RIS II's? Can't seem to find any.
View Quote

MK18 FDE:

https://www.rainierarms.com/dd-mk18-ris-ii-rail-dark-earth

DD is ramped up producing the RIS II family individual rail for SOCOM. The only way you're getting one is previously owned, complete upper, or what's left of a vendors old stock. Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:48:23 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm glad I built mine when I did. They were easy to find in both standard and FSP configuration about 2 months ago.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:07:56 AM EDT
[#33]

MK18 FDE:

DD is ramped up producing the RIS II family individual rail for SOCOM. The only way you're getting one is previously owned, complete upper, or what's left of a vendors old stock. Good luck.
View All Quotes

MK18 FDE:

Blah whole thing kinda has me salty because I do know they ramped up production for SOCOM but they also starting selling complete Mk18, M4-A1 RIS II rifles, pistols and SBR's and complete uppers. They have seen how popular these guns are in our couple of threads and decided to cash in by selling complete guns and complete uppers.

They could surely supply the rails if they WANTED to.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:14:30 AM EDT
[#34]

Blah whole thing kinda has me salty because I do know they ramped up production for SOCOM but they also starting selling complete Mk18, M4-A1 RIS II rifles, pistols and SBR's and complete uppers. They have seen how popular these guns are in our couple of threads and decided to cash in by selling complete guns and complete uppers.

View All Quotes

MK18 FDE:

It really isn't as hard as it seems.  I've picked up an M4A1 RIS II FSP and a Mk18 RIS II, both in FDE, off the EE in the past month for well below retail.

They were both in damn near perfect condition too.

Keep your eyes open in the EE and it shouldn't take long to find what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:54:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Finally got all the parts for my FSP build.  Hopefully have it together in a few hours.  

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:02:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#36]

Finally got all the parts for my FSP build.  Hopefully have it together in a few hours.  

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5609/15817973742_39b06245ea_b.jpg
View Quote
No SOCOM barrel?

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:09:39 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Sweet.  Looking forward to the completed pics.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:48:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
No SOCOM barrel?

View All Quotes

No SOCOM barrel?

Nope, it's the one thing I couldn't bring myself to do.  These uppers are heavy enough as is, and since I don't have any select fire lowers, I just went with a standard Colt M4 profile.

You can't tell anyways now that it's assembled.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:48:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Sparky2129:
Has anyone here had their 80% machined with appropriate Colt M4A1 rollmarks? I'm at that point in my build process and I'm looking for recommended shops.

<a href="http://s619.photobucket.com/user/Glin1216/media/4076_zps4f270759.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt275/Glin1216/4076_zps4f270759.jpg</a>
View Quote

IM inbound.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:20:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Here we go, put together with a fresh coat of Aervoe.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:31:02 AM EDT
[#41]

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7533/15632629577_f9765dca3f_b.jpg
View Quote

Well done! And I see that Elcan just waiting for it to dry.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:46:26 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Dude...

I've been trying to tell myself that the brand new Colt SOCOM I have sitting in the safe needs to go.

Pictures like this don't help considering that I've considered turning it into an FSP RIS II equipped M4A1 several times already.

That looks sick.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:59:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

Dude...

I've been trying to tell myself that the brand new Colt SOCOM I have sitting in the safe needs to go.

Pictures like this don't help considering that I've considered turning it into an FSP RIS II equipped M4A1 several times already.

That looks sick.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

Dude...

That looks sick.

Yeah, I wasn't the biggest fan of the FSP rails for a while, but they kind of grew on me.  Saves me from having to buy another Taupe KAC front BUIS as well.  

I say dooo eeettt with your SOCOM 6920.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Nope, it's the one thing I couldn't bring myself to do.  These uppers are heavy enough as is, and since I don't have any select fire lowers, I just went with a standard Colt M4 profile.

View All Quotes

No SOCOM barrel?

I can't argue with that.

BTW, you did a helluva job on the paint.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

I love putting builds together, so much fun. I like the parts you've chosen, turned out really nice.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

That is lookin' good!

I just picked up a 14.5 Colt barrel.  i don't know what the hell I am going to do with it

I just noticed your sig line, love it!
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:15:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:56:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#48]
Well the paint is now dry enough.  Just have to decide on a light.  

I don't think I'm going to go with another WMX200 just because the WL output isn't very much and the spill is too wide.  It just doesn't have a lot of throw.  Plus, I'm only planning on picking up one ATPIAL-C and that's going on my CQBR upper, so the dual output light really isn't a factor.

Thinking maybe an M600U.

Pics of my FSP with my CQBR upper.  Looks like I'm going to have to pick up a Pelican case as well.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:00:58 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

That came out killer.  Muzzle needs some paint
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:16:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By prskiller:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By prskiller:

Meh, I'm about to pick up a can and I don't want to risk having paint on a muzzle device inside of it.  They'll stay black.
Page / 912
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top