Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:11:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#3]
True. But that ano color dude. I'm guessing there's black T marks on top of it
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:17:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Akin] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WEK207:
@Akin

All the info you seek is on page 1. Good luck with your build.

Edit: Apologies, didn't realize you'd seen the first post. The KAC sights seem to be some of the most popular among the clone guys, but lots are acceptable. I've bought from Operation Parts as well as Weapon Outfitters.
View Quote
The mian purpose of my post was about slings, and nothing on the front page seems to even mention them. :-/

Thanks for the info on sights.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:19:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:22:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:25:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Akin] [#7]
Originally Posted By swamperator:
@Akin

CQD front sling mount

Buis: KAC 99051 for front, Matech for back
View Quote
This one? https://www.cqd.net/all-products/cqd-forward-sling-mount

Also, thanks for the sight info
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:28:59 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
Huh.

I was actually reading the text, where the info in the pic had been typed out, as on my screen, the pic is fairly low res. Guess I just needed to zoom in a bit.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:42:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#9]
Originally Posted By Akin:
I’m sure this has been covered before, but this thread is far too huge to scroll through with any meaningful chance of finding anything, and the search function continues to stymie me.

What’s the deal with slings for these block II M4s?

I’m slowly building one up after Daniel Defense released those rails a while back. I drank the cool-aid and went all in... DD RIS II rail, DD 14.5” midlength barrel, vortex flashhider pinned and welded (I’m not being 100% authentic), DD upper reciever, and DD BCG.

Going to use a lower I have lying around and finish it up some time... still looks odd to me, the brown rails on a black rifle, but apparently that’s the way it is...?

So... what does a sling attach to on the front? I guess I need a B5 SOPMOD stock for the back end of the sling, but what about the front?

Also, anyone know what kind of sling is appropriate for one of these?

Hell, since I have everyone’s attention, what about BUIS? If nayone has a link to the proper ones I’d appreciate it. I have enough info to likely track them down, thanks to the first post in this thread, but if someone has it handy and doesn’t mind sharing... oh, also, is a black B5 stock okay, or should I get a brown one?

Thanks!
View Quote
I normally don't pay attention to slings.  I stick with standard USGI 1" silent sling.  Besides the CQD sling stud already mentioned, KAC QD studs are issued.  Rear BUIS add older issued KAC 300m and newer KAC 600m besides the MaTech BUIS.

CD
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:54:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11b4v] [#10]
Optic swap
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:14:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice! I'll take that SU231 off your hands
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
Have you shot that on the giggle switch yet? I think I've seen you post a video of you shooting it on the giggle switch, can't seem to remember, as I want to say you did! Just curious to see how it handles!
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By InfamousAK:

Have you shot that on the giggle switch yet? I think I've seen you post a video of you shooting it on the giggle switch, can't seem to remember, as I want to say you did! Just curious to see how it handles!
View Quote
Same lower, two different uppers.

CD
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Same lower, two different uppers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azB8wnqG_fg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIKKR7zGm6g

CD
View Quote
Thanks for posting this thought I had seen it! I think its harder to control the M4A1, than an AK on full auto, the rate of fire is crazy on the M4A1, when you done contracting you should start your own shop stateside, have you ever thought about it, we would love to have you're expertise stateside, I would buy! Thanks for the videos!
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:49:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#16]
Originally Posted By InfamousAK:

Thanks for posting this thought I had seen it! I think its harder to control the M4A1, than an AK on full auto, the rate of fire is crazy on the M4A1, when you done contracting you should start your own shop stateside, have you ever thought about it, we would love to have you're expertise stateside, I would buy! Thanks for the videos!
View Quote
The URG upper (Mk18 Mod 1) has a FN SOCOM bbl, scope, light and SOPMOD stock.  It weights 9.5 lbs where  the Mk 18 Mod 0 weighs 6 lbs.  Had turned to right to engage target instead of shifting body which threw me off.  Seems I've had several people of late tell me to write a book, LOL.  Have always thought of a Rod & Gun type shop like Germany.  Pro shop with bar/grill and range.  No drinking before shooting of course.

CD
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:59:25 PM EDT
[#17]

The URG upper (Mk18 Mod 1) has a FN SOCOM bbl, scope, light and SOPMOD stock.  It weights 9.5 lbs where  the Mk 18 Mod 0 weighs 6 lbs.  Had turned to right to engage target instead of shifting body which threw me off.  Seems I've had several people of late tell me to write a book, LOL.  Have always thought of a Rod & Gun type shop like Germany.  Pro shop with bar/grill and range.  No drinking before shooting of course.

CD
View Quote
Everything you just said sounds fucking awesome about starting, lol We need people like you here in East TN! You should write a book, or do at least a blog, love reading the absolute informative posts you put up for us!
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
Everytime I see your carbine, I do a search for Carl G scopes...kicking myself for not grabbing one a couple years back.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Does anyone have a taupe 99051 laying around they are willing to part with?  Having a hard time finding one right now.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Gentleman in the first video needs to lean forward more.  I used to make the same mistake, now I'm an aggressive leaner.  Lean forward, bend knees, shifting upper body slightly over center, keep weight on front of feet.  Pull the fore-end into your shoulder: keep it tight.  It also increases mobility which allows you to shift direction faster as body mechanics has not evolved to go from a neutral footing to rapid movement.  Staying slightly on the ball of your fore-foot also allows for rapid transitions to cover etc.  CD good form on second vid, possibly straighten back a bit but otherwise good.  Make sure even when kneeling to keep the balls of your feet planted, so you can get up and go at a moments notice. Some instructors train differently to avoid Achilles injury but in a gun fight you need mobility.  Lastly, consider a heel-to-toe stance as used in Kenpo, it allows for rapid transition and maximum traction under load.  It also facilitates armor coverage and minimizes the body's cross section at the same time versus a full frontal armor stance or a side stand which is trash IMHO.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Core:
Gentleman in the first video needs to lean forward more.  I used to make the same mistake, now I'm an aggressive leaner.  Lean forward, bend knees, shifting upper body slightly over center, keep weight on front of feet.  Pull the fore-end into your shoulder: keep it tight.  It also increases mobility which allows you to shift direction faster as body mechanics has not evolved to go from a neutral footing to rapid movement.  Staying slightly on the ball of your fore-foot also allows for rapid transitions to cover etc.  CD good form on second vid, possibly straighten back a bit but otherwise good.  Make sure even when kneeling to keep the balls of your feet planted, so you can get up and go at a moments notice. Some instructors train differently to avoid Achilles injury but in a gun fight you need mobility.  Lastly, consider a heel-to-toe stance as used in Kenpo, it allows for rapid transition and maximum traction under load.  It also facilitates armor coverage and minimizes the body's cross section at the same time versus a full frontal armor stance or a side stand which is trash IMHO.  
View Quote
I know all that, but I got sloppy and got recorded anyway and I still posted them

CD
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#23]
@Combat_Diver

lol You do need to write a book... but I'm sure we'd settle for an "armorers definitive guide on building clone rifles" thread.

I for one am very appreciative of all your advice in this thread as I'm sure many of us are.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I know all that, but I got sloppy and got recorded anyway and I still posted them

CD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

CD
Hey you didn't eat shit. That's the important part.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
I'm sure he appreciates your pointers.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:55:55 PM EDT
[#26]
It has the white t marks I spayed balistal on upper and not lower so they look different
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:02:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Njguns0315:
It has the white t marks I spayed balistal on upper and not lower so they look different
View Quote
Alright you're good then. There are some fake Colt uppers going around right now. Was just gonna tell you to get your money back if so. White = good
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote
I don't think I would ever critique this man. Read the signature at the bottom.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:09:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:15:15 PM EDT
[#30]
@MILSPEC556
It is a white marked upper I wiped it down with balistol the lower I had just got from Charlie's custom clones and the andonizing is chalky after I wiped lower with oil they look the same. Can you let me know what u referring to with the upper?  I'll take a picture of the other side I have 5 clones a m16a4  and block 1 with colt 6920 law enforcement marked with bullets lower and a block 2 Daniel defense fsb with a colt 2013 le6920 socom that is just marked m4a1 and one in picture my that is the newer m4a1 us property marked all 3 have colt keyhole uppers that are take off of 6920s and colt 14.5 socom barrels. I used to have one of the supposedly  fn uppers without the white color fill but I sold it because the andonizing was to dark and didn't match none of my lowers.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#31]
@MILSPEC556
It is a white marked upper I wiped it down with balistol the lower I had just got from Charlie's custom clones and the andonizing is chalky after I wiped lower with oil they look the same. Can you let me know what u referring to with the upper?  I'll take a picture of the other side I have 5 clones a m16a4  and block 1 with colt 6920 law enforcement marked with bullets lower and a block 2 Daniel defense fsb with a colt 2013 le6920 socom that is just marked m4a1 and one in picture my that is the newer m4a1 us property marked all 3 have colt keyhole uppers that are take off of 6920s and colt 14.5 socom barrels. I used to have one of the supposedly  fn uppers without the white color fill but I sold it because the andonizing was to dark and didn't match none of my lowers.
View Quote
He is referring to what myself and a few others have dealt with. There are fake Cerro Forge/Keyhole raised C uppers floating around on the internet.

Here is 10 pages, read your heart out and ignore the few that say they are not fake. They are.

LINK
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:26:37 PM EDT
[#32]
I do have a raised c colt keyhole upper i bought last year on the ee i was going to use for my green mk16  set I got from giessle. Do you or anybody know were the fake ones are being bought from has anyone ever ordered from shark arms? He sells colt uppers and bcg for 225 to 250 for the set in keyhole or square marked , but I know it looks dark in picture but its official I've taken apart oem6920s and regular 6920s for them and I would apriciate any guidance not take it the wrong way if people are selling bad stuff it's good for people to know
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:29:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:31:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Ok thank you I'm going to look at my raised c marked and post it in the other thread to see if anyone can tell me anything on that I havnt really looked at it much i bought it a year ago i belive it doea have white t marks and dry film on inside . but I have bought one set from sac and some other parts like a kac  ras he has been pretty good to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:04:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Ok thank you I'm going to look at my raised c marked and post it in the other thread to see if anyone can tell me anything on that I havnt really looked at it much i bought it a year ago i belive it doea have white t marks and dry film on inside . but I have bought one set from sac and some other parts like a kac  ras he has been pretty good to deal with.
View Quote
Your upper is 100% legit if you bought from Chris/SAC
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:05:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Does anyone know what would be the prooper rear sight for a block 2 with ris 2 fsp. I know I could use a matech but wanted to use a kac but I'm not sure if the usmc marked micro is same height as the fsp which is f marked? I apriciate any help so I can finish this build thank you
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#38]
@JLAudio do you know why the bcg s from chris / sac dont have the white dot but do have c mark and mpi on bolt was just curious because the factory 6920s I have have the white  dot ? Thanks for your help
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:16:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JLAudio] [#39]
@JLAudio do you know why the bcg s from chris / sac dont have the white dot but do have c mark and mpi on bolt was just curious because the factory 6920s I have have the white  dot ? Thanks for your help
View All Quotes
White dot indicates a proof round was fired using the BCG. I've never really put a lot of weight on that, it comes off when I clean them for the first time anyway. As long as the bolt is marked MPC, carrier marked C, it's a GTG colt bcg. The new colt bolt carriers are not C stamped however.

Does anyone know what would be the prooper rear sight for a block 2 with ris 2 fsp. I know I could use a matech but wanted to use a kac but I'm not sure if the usmc marked micro is same height as the fsp which is f marked? I apriciate any help so I can finish this build thank you
the KAC usmc marked sights are the 200-600 micro flip ups, that will match the F marked fsp height. If you have one already go for it, if you don't just know going into that purchase that you cannot sell those here on the EE.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:19:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Kind of Block II ish here... Customer sent me a cool Savannah era M4 12.0 FSP rail for coating. I forgot that DD used to actually engrave the markings, not just laser cut them. Also, the rails felt much more "rounded" than modern 1913 rails. Pretty cool blast from the past.

I'm hoping he sends photos of his completed build, or posts here. Can't wait to see what it looks like installed.

20190105_122134 by A K, on Flickr
20190105_122123 by A K, on Flickr
20190105_122304 by A K, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 2:34:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ankratz:
Kind of Block II ish here... Customer sent me a cool Savannah era M4 12.0 FSP rail for coating. I forgot that DD used to actually engrave the markings, not just laser cut them. Also, the rails felt much more "rounded" than modern 1913 rails. Pretty cool blast from the past.

I'm hoping he sends photos of his completed build, or posts here. Can't wait to see what it looks like installed.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7885/46598221282_da40380e54_b.jpg20190105_122134 by A K, on Flickr
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4901/46598222342_9c4706b777_b.jpg20190105_122123 by A K, on Flickr
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7886/46598219662_d670989db1_b.jpg20190105_122304 by A K, on Flickr
View Quote

I just got my mk18 in the mail so I thought a quick picture was needed with its bigger cousin
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#43]
CQD Mount on

Link Posted: 1/7/2019 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By dalynchmob:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmer8oF8My1qafrh6.jpg

I just got my mk18 in the mail so I thought a quick picture was needed with its bigger cousin
http://i67.tinypic.com/2j3pe0m.jpg
View Quote
That green tho.... I like it
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:
CQD Mount on

https://i.imgur.com/7tNmvQi.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gHAv28Q.jpg
View Quote
Calling @MILSPEC for CQD close-up revival
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmer8oF8My1qafrh6.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2j3pe0m.jpg
Thanks

With as much corn and beans as we have growing around here for most of the year I thought more green would be a good idea.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#47]

Thanks

With as much corn and beans as we have growing around here for most of the year I thought more green would be a good idea.
View Quote
I attempted a similar deal with a BII years ago.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Grainy picture, messy bench, don't care... coming together.

Link Posted: 1/7/2019 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Skrapmetal:
Grainy picture, messy bench, don't care... coming together.

https://i.imgur.com/P2pbxv6.jpg
View Quote
That was quick!
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Brownells FN m4 uppers (gov and SOCOM profiles alike) are $320 at brownells at the moment.....
Page / 912
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top