Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 5pt56:
I know. lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 871JZ:

Says barrel right in the part you circled, bro.
I know. lol

Link Posted: 7/31/2019 1:08:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#2]
Glitch.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 1:09:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#3]
Holy shit! Massive glitch.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 1:11:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 1:11:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#5]

correct, should have specified that.

ETA: It doesn't make sense to me to put the serial on a receiver and the other info on a barrel but to each their own I guess.

http://i.imgur.com/FiDt1S1.jpg
View Quote
You're right, it makes pretty much zero sense. That's why almost nobody does it this way except for this dude. He's obviously got all the answers, though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 1:13:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Shit man, if an AR barrel is a rifle i guess I owe the DOJ a whole shit ton of 4473's.

Somebody should write a letter.....
View All Quotes

So you're telling me he can swap whatever components onto that engraved barrel he pleases and its a legal SBR? (I'm more so asking than arguing)
I'm not telling you anything. ATF is.
Shit man, if an AR barrel is a rifle i guess I owe the DOJ a whole shit ton of 4473's.

Somebody should write a letter.....
You know this shit never makes any sense.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 1:22:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I’ve dedicated my life to finding the truth, and questioning the government. The truth is out there. Lol.  I was just trying to pass on a tip to those that don’t want to mark up their lower, but then I was called a idiot/wrong/ and then someone felt like insulting one of my disabilities. May have pissed me off a bit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 1:27:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#8]
Originally Posted By FoxMulder:
I’ve dedicated my life to finding the truth, and questioning the government. The truth is out there. Lol.  I was just trying to pass on a tip to those that don’t want to mark up their lower, but then I was called a idiot/wrong/ and then someone felt like insulting one of my disabilities. May have pissed me off a bit.
View Quote
Don't worry about it. We're all here to share information and sometimes we're right, sometimes we're wrong, and sometimes we get pissed at each other. Just remember this next time.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 1:31:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 1:34:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Is being sterile a disability? I've never even heard of that causing one to be disabled. Anyways the guy you're talking about is a cool ass dude, caught off guard by the crazy but possibly legal by technicality post.

But your "the truth is out there" line reminds me of the dark waters channel on YouTube. So now you're cool in my book, that could be because I've been drinking. Thank you for informing us on the short barrel'd barrel laws. I'm going to bed.
View Quote
Night, night sweetie.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 1:44:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I know that stuff can be allot to process , I have been dealing with government regulations for long time and have learned where you can squeeze by and still be in compliance. Yeah brokedick is a disability. No hard feelings, was trying to break ice because I liked some of his builds but I get walked on a lot due to my vision issues and limited mobility. I have just been fed up lately.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 1:53:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I know that stuff can be allot to process , I have been dealing with government regulations for long time and have learned where you can squeeze by and still be in compliance. Yeah brokedick is a disability. No hard feelings, was trying to break ice because I liked some of his builds but I get walked on a lot due to my vision issues and limited mobility. I have just been fed up lately.
View Quote
It's only the internet, man. Don't take it too seriously.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 1:58:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Just said no hard feelings, and said I was agitated by one small thing which I have let go of. Seems like your caught up with making sure that I know the internet exists. Thanks bud, I like this whole internet thing- as you can tell I’m new to it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 1:59:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I wanna see some block IIs
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 3:25:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Seems I've missed a lot since I've been gone
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 5:39:52 AM EDT
[#16]
So you're telling me he can swap whatever components onto that engraved barrel he pleases and its a legal SBR? (I'm more so asking than arguing)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I'm no NFA guru, but I think that's a no-go.
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

yeah... agreed.

The lower is the registered part, I'm not seeing how engraving barrels allows you to change what you want when you want. Engraving the lower (preferably underneath in the trigger area) is the best option without messing with Instagram compatibility, while still allowing multiple uppers to be used with the same SBR'd lower.
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Show us the reg stating barrel-marking is acceptable. Might work on a bolt action or lever gun. The part you're registering is the LOWER. ATF doesn't give a shit about your upper unless you try to attach it to an improper lower.
@SecretSquirell
@JLAudio
@5pt56
@cjwwd2
@MILSPEC556

Guys, I understand this dude doesn't know how to act in public, but he's right about this one. NFA info on barrel meets ATF regs for an SBR. And while it makes much more sense to engrave this info on the receiver, hence the reason 99.9% of people choose to engrave their lower and not their barrel, he is good to go with his barrel markings.
Not at all, the lower is registered as an SBR, the upper having an engraving on it is inconsequential until it’s attached to said lower.

Having the barrel engraved is the way to go on some rifles, but with ARs it really makes more sense just to engrave the lower.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 6:06:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxMulder] [#17]
Yeah the downside is that if you only have one registered lower and multiple uppers, it will cost more to have all the uppers engraved. I sbr all my rifles so I just engrave all the uppers and its about the same. Just depends on what your going for. Most cases this can cost more and be a pain for disassembly, but if you have a limited production lower like a m16 or something else and don’t want to devalue then barrel engraving is an option.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 6:44:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By GHOS7:
https://i.imgur.com/lbqvqtG.png
View Quote
Nice!  LMT or B5 Yote?
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 7:30:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#19]
Just said no hard feelings, and said I was agitated by one small thing which I have let go of. Seems like your caught up with making sure that I know the internet exists. Thanks bud, I like this whole internet thing- as you can tell I’m new to it.
View Quote
Nope. Just trying to be friendly, bud.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:16:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BNW] [#20]
How does it work if the caliber on your form 1 is 300 BLK, bit you want to put 5.56 uppers on it?

In regards to engraving.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:35:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eblack] [#21]
I am fck face, I’m disabled and partially blind too. Anything else you got to say. Oh and your fucking welcome,
View Quote
Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

We GD now!

Pic to stay in track. Don’t mind the warden I have the can on my 10.3

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#22]
MY 'surplus' block 2 upper with SU230. the upper came with the sand wml and cqd grip

Link Posted: 7/31/2019 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By eblack:

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

We GD now!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/348190/4C744467-1D9D-4B35-B9C8-44E76EDEA816_png-1037015.JPG
View Quote
I wonder how many guys get this post.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
medical meme.....
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By GoRebels:

Nice!  LMT or B5 Yote?
View Quote
B5
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 6:58:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#27]

medical meme.....
View Quote
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

In.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#28]
That’s why it’s a wise idea never to use physical conditions in a argument, so many people have someone close that is suffering or suffering themselves. If we don’t see eye to eye on something and you need to blow off steam, tell me to east shit or another colorful phrase. Back on topic, what’s everyone think about the new elcan? I wish they would have kept the classic battery cover.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#29]
That’s why it’s a wise idea never to use physical conditions in a argument, so many people have someone close that is suffering or suffering themselves. If we don’t see eye to eye on something and you need to blow off steam, tell me to east shit or another colorful phrase. Back on topic, what’s everyone think about the new elcan? I wish they would have kept the classic battery cover.
View Quote
It's a scam.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By GoRebels:

Nice!  LMT or B5 Yote?
View Quote
Thanks! B5 contract from Brownell's.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Uid and G33 arrived
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 11:31:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: delta_romeo_echo] [#32]
https://i.imgur.com/lbqvqtG.png
View Quote
Who makes that bag/case?
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:30:27 AM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes

We GD now!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/348190/4C744467-1D9D-4B35-B9C8-44E76EDEA816_png-1037015.JPG
Haven't seen that in years.

Well, these 2 pages were worth the read LOL.

Holy Hell
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:07:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GHOS7] [#34]
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:

Who makes that bag/case?
View Quote
It's a Hazard 4 Smuggler

Definitely worth the cost, the quality is that good. I can carry 2 rifles, and 3 pistols, more if I use the outer compartments. I got lucky and scored mine for around 170ish on sale. Amazon has had them for lower than they sell it for on their site also but they go fast.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 3:13:28 AM EDT
[#35]

We GD now!

View Quote
Oh FFS. Not this one.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:

Haven't seen that in years.

Well, these 2 pages were worth the read LOL.

Holy Hell
View Quote
Originally Posted By themissinglink:

Oh FFS. Not this one.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 3:27:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Just got the Elcan, unfortunately my dog claimed it for himself.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#38]
How clone correct are fde CTR stocks?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:50:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By runguns:
View Quote
In the field they’re very correct, but I think the MOE stocks are more common
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:26:57 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
Very. Seen dozens of times
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:51:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:

View Quote
How about fde lmt sopmods, versus black sopmods?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
1st Gen Coyote B5's are good to go, as well.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:51:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#43]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:

There’s been plenty seen but not nearly as many as black

Stuka’s M4A1 with 16” upper

Link Posted: 8/3/2019 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#44]

It's a Hazard 4 Smuggler

Definitely worth the cost, the quality is that good. I can carry 2 rifles, and 3 pistols, more if I use the outer compartments. I got lucky and scored mine for around 170ish on sale. Amazon has had them for lower than they sell it for on their site also but they go fast.
View Quote
Thanks bro, nm the DM I sent. I will check that out. Just looking for a single rifle bag but like the fact there is "room to grow" since I only own one gun
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#45]
J_money-

That block 2 is slick, the dog puts it over the top.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:10:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: J_MONEY] [#46]
J_money-

That block 2 is slick, the dog puts it over the top.  
View Quote
Thanks bro! I think I'm finally done messing with it and am happy with the final product.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#47]
I may have to start playing video games now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 9:28:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Black_beard] [#48]
Attachment Attached File

Trying to decide on a light. I am leaning towards a M600V. Thoughts?

Colt Keyhole Upper
Colt SOCOM Barrel
Colt M4A1 Keyhole Lower
Surefire 4P Muzzle Device
Tango Down Stubbie
CDQ Sling Mount
Government Issue B5 FDE Stock
KAC BUIS
DD RIS II FSP
Aimpoint CompM4s w/ Larue Mount
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:

Thanks bro, nm the DM I sent. I will check that out. Just looking for a single rifle bag but like the fact there is "room to grow" since I only own one gun
View Quote
I feel ya, the smuggler can definitely play that roll and should last for years.

Originally Posted By lowonair:
I may have to start playing video games now.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/208426/DE7F2FEF-25DD-4A44-9E79-8BBEFDCDBD2A_jpeg-1041352.JPG
View Quote
Oh yes! More info please!

The reason I love playing ARMA and Insurgency is for the realism and authentic equipment and customization. I can practically download any weapon or variant of a weapon imaginable as long as there is a mod available for it. There is even a plethora of different ammunition. I can use mk262 rounds in ARMA and the ballistics are on point.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

This is Insurgency 1
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 10:03:09 PM EDT
[#50]

I feel ya, the smuggler can definitely play that roll and should last for years.

Oh yes! More info please!

The reason I love playing ARMA and Insurgency is for the realism and authentic equipment and customization. I can practically download any weapon or variant of a weapon imaginable as long as there is a mod available for it. There is even a plethora of different ammunition. I can use mk262 rounds in ARMA and the ballistics are on point.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/443802/weap1_PNG-1041363.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/443802/weap2_PNG-1041364.JPG

This is Insurgency 1
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/443802/weap3_PNG-1041365.JPG
View Quote
From what I understand it’s on the new modern warfare.
Page / 912
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top