User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 912
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thebomber:

To my point it's not your decision. That is your opinion. The platform has a ton of latitude. It's not like there is one configuration.
View Quote
You are missing the point. There is only one configuration for this thread. It's a clone thread. It's not personal, lol.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Glitch bump
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
More glitch bump
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 9:05:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thebomber] [#4]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

You are missing the point. There is only one configuration for this thread. It's a clone thread. It's not personal, lol.
View Quote
Lol not missing the point. Been here since day one. Show me your clone perfect rifle. You don't have a clone lower.

None of us do. I was responding to the guy who asked if he needed to invest in high dollar Colt parts. I said it was up to him.

One configuration? One optic, one BUIS, one stock, one FH, one silencer, one sling, one trigger, one VFG, one pistol grip, etc?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By duke23433:
anyone got a lead on a gas block?  That's my last missing piece
View Quote
Take a look on GB. Looks like a few pop up there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bwhited:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
DD has 10% off & MK12 GB in stock
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 11:23:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By FoxMulder:
I’ve dedicated my life to finding the truth, and questioning the government. The truth is out there. Lol.  I was just trying to pass on a tip to those that don’t want to mark up their lower, but then I was called a idiot/wrong/ and then someone felt like insulting one of my disabilities. May have pissed me off a bit.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 11:52:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't understand this. If you are going to clone something, you do it correct and clone it right. It drives me crazy knowing any little detail is off on my clones. I just traded out two Colt cage code marked uppers for the C stamped ones because the rifles I cloned were C marked.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lowonair:
Would you guys build on receivers you already have that aren’t “correct” or spend more money to buy the correct ones? Part of me wants to get as clone correct as possible, but I’d have to buy new lowers and upper receivers.
I don't understand this. If you are going to clone something, you do it correct and clone it right. It drives me crazy knowing any little detail is off on my clones. I just traded out two Colt cage code marked uppers for the C stamped ones because the rifles I cloned were C marked.
meh, mil is getting cage code marked shit now.  My cage coded upper is just as clone correct as your C stamped one.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 11:53:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By FONTY:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FONTY:
thanks boss man
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 12:45:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
So, how long have you been living on Ramen?
View All Quotes
I hear you but a lot of what you see was given to me or a heavy good guy discount.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 12:51:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I hear you but a lot of what you see was given to me or a heavy good guy discount.
View All Quotes
You poor thing, you. I don't know how you summon the courage to live your life.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 12:54:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thebomber] [#13]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

You poor thing, you. I don't know how you summon the courage to live your life.
View Quote
Lol....blessed with low friends in high places 🤔
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 1:56:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Would a colt M4A1 marked lower froma SOCOM 6920. be gtg here?
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 2:06:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By EnduroBro:
Would a colt M4A1 marked lower froma SOCOM 6920. be gtg here?
View Quote
Absolutely. They next closest would be the us property marked socoms but the m4a1 is a good choice.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:49:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 8:33:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PingRing774] [#17]
Big "Hmmmm" above.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 9:03:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alaskanforfreedom] [#18]
Sweet setup. I like the camo tape touch on the scope. It looks a bit front heavy though If you find it balance way too much towards the front try a heavier stock.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Love the look of this setup
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:30:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks guys.  Gun is pretty front heavy at this point, may move the IR unit back behind FSP for better balance, but I like having my support hand there and not having potential IR splash from FSP.  I have a mil-contract/gen1 B5 Sopmod that does balance better, but I have better cheek wield with slimmer stocks with the 1.93 G-mount for the optic.   May still go back to the B5 for balance, we'll see.

Link Posted: 9/4/2019 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#21]
I definitely want a badger ordnance condition one modular mount for my razor. Add on an aimpoint t2 because my block ii just isn’t heavy enough

Link Posted: 9/4/2019 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Echo2-7:
Thanks guys.  Gun is pretty front heavy at this point, may move the IR unit back behind FSP for better balance, but I like having my support hand there and not having potential IR splash from FSP.  I have a mil-contract/gen1 B5 Sopmod that does balance better, but I have better cheek wield with slimmer stocks with the 1.93 G-mount for the optic.   May still go back to the B5 for balance, we'll see.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48675718857_441305623f_b.jpg
View Quote
Do you use a can with that?
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:
I definitely want a badger ordnance condition one modular mount for my razor. Add on an aimpoint t2 because my block ii just isn’t heavy enough

https://i.imgur.com/UGZD3p7.jpg
View Quote
I've been waiting for them to come out for months.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Okay, yeah, that is a pretty sweet mount...

Condition One Modular Mount
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:

https://i.imgur.com/UGZD3p7.jpg
View Quote
Lol...they can get pretty portly.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 12:14:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Alaskanforfreedom:
Do you use a can with that?
View Quote
Not yet, in the works for getting a SOCOM can, mostly for the Mk18 upper though.  If running on this upper, then that's when I might move the DBAL further back to avoid carbon blow back and for better weight balance.

Pic thread:

Link Posted: 9/5/2019 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#27]
what height scope rings work to clear back up irons etc ? scope is NF 2.5-10x24.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#28]
This is done for now. My CQBR Block II needs some attention.

Link Posted: 9/5/2019 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
what height scope rings work to clear back up irons etc ? scope is NF 2.5-10x24.
View Quote
Depends on what irons you intend to use.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#30]
i have a 99051 for the front. not sure for the back.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Matech its about 1.5 knights micro would be lowered by a little
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:48:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmdexe] [#32]
Is anyone aware of the differences between the Colt SOCOM Profile 14.5" barrels vs. FN SOCOM profile 14.5" barrels, maybe @Combat_Diver can chime in?

@Combat_Diver
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 1:15:12 AM EDT
[#33]
should i go medium or high scope rings ?

Originally Posted By Conner378:
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 1:18:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Is there “clone correct” offset scout light mount or do you guys use whatever’s out there?
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 6:54:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cmcflex] [#35]

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Conner378:
Minimum height of NF rings to clear BUIS would be 1.375”; they clear KAC 600m no problem. As stated, you might need the 1.5” if you have something like a Matech.

Personally, I wish I had gone 1.5” but that’s for reasons unrelated to BUIS clearance.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 10:19:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By JonnyMoses:
Is anyone aware of the differences between the Colt SOCOM Profile 14.5" barrels vs. FN SOCOM profile 14.5" barrels, maybe @Combat_Diver can chime in?

@Combat_Diver
View Quote
I've noticed that between the two is what gas block its set up for.  Colt has a FSB, FN designed for low profile gas block (ie Mk12) with two dimples and no taper pin holes.  The Colts FSB has to be removed, dimpled for LPGB set screws.  Colts are a grey parkerized and FN black nitrate type finish.  Can be wrong on the finish.  I'll post pictures of the two tomorrow.

CD
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#37]
i like the optic a little lower for cheek weld. ill get 1.375 thanks i really appreciate it.

Originally Posted By cmcflex:

Minimum height of NF rings to clear BUIS would be 1.375”; they clear KAC 600m no problem. As stated, you might need the 1.5” if you have something like a Matech.

Personally, I wish I had gone 1.5” but that’s for reasons unrelated to BUIS clearance.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
I've noticed that between the two is what gas block its set up for.  Colt has a FSB, FN designed for low profile gas block (ie Mk12) with two dimples and no taper pin holes.  The Colts FSB has to be removed, dimpled for LPGB set screws.  Colts are a grey parkerized and FN black nitrate type finish.  Can be wrong on the finish.  I'll post pictures of the two tomorrow.

CD
View All Quotes

@Combat_Diver

CD
Maybe the finish differences are due to manganese phosphate vs. zinc phosphate?  I believe one generally results in a darker finish than the other.  Of course there could be differences in surface prep or which oils they bathe the barrels in after parkerization.  Does the M4A1 TDP spec any of these variables?
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 2:41:55 AM EDT
[#39]
3 different barrels.  
Top: FN SOCOM 14.5" (thought I had a Colt)
Middle: Colt Govt Profile 14.5" that Crane modified ie remove FSB and dimpled.
Bottom: FN SOCOM 14.5" factory for low profile gas block with dimples, notice no taper pin holes.

Relooking at these and it appears I was wrong on finish.  Appears to be the same just heavy oiled in the bag from FN and Colts usually dry out of bags.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 9/7/2019 1:01:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#41]
Originally Posted By A_Friendly_Manatee:
Maybe the finish differences are due to manganese phosphate vs. zinc phosphate?  I believe one generally results in a darker finish than the other.  Of course there could be differences in surface prep or which oils they bathe the barrels in after parkerization.  Does the M4A1 TDP spec any of these variables?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By A_Friendly_Manatee:

@Combat_Diver

CD
Zinc phospate is a very light grey, it's what was used Garands so you have a point of reference. I'm not aware of anyone that uses it anymore.

Manganese phosphate is a medium grey, and what it is likely to be. I don't know if it's dye, or what, but many manganese phosphate parts are blackened now. LPKs are one example.
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 8:29:24 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rhinowso96:
Originally Posted By FoxMulder:
I’ve dedicated my life to finding the truth, and questioning the government. The truth is out there. Lol.  I was just trying to pass on a tip to those that don’t want to mark up their lower, but then I was called a idiot/wrong/ and then someone felt like insulting one of my disabilities. May have pissed me off a bit.
https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.qkme.me%2F3q30vr.jpg&f=1
My butt was bleeding a little, then you guys finally pulled your head out of it. Now it feels much better. Man that socom rc1 went out of stock fast again at Tex. I think is was 24hrs.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 3:03:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Guess I’ll be going the expensive route. Got a great deal on a colt 6920 socom that I’ll probably turn into a fsp build or find a non fsp upper to go on the lower.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Guess I’ll be going the expensive route. Got a great deal on a colt 6920 socom that I’ll probably turn into a fsp build or find a non fsp upper to go on the lower.
View Quote
Great choice. If your not wanting the FSP why not just remove it and put on a DD MK12 gas block?
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Great choice. If your not wanting the FSP why not just remove it and put on a DD MK12 gas block?
View All Quotes
I may do that. I really want both to be honest.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
you may as well concede and admit to yourself that you will be building both, then.  no way around it.  and plan, purchase accordingly.
otherwise you'll never be complete.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Finally getting around to building a non-fsp upper. I missed my old block 2...

Link Posted: 9/11/2019 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By rpoL98:
you may as well concede and admit to yourself that you will be building both, then.  no way around it.  and plan, purchase accordingly.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rpoL98:
Going to see if I can find some uppers already built. Want to get them done fairly soon.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

Of course - did you read as far as the part that says, “After the part has been magnetized it needs to be demagnetized?”  While a metal part is temporarily magnetized during the MPI process, it should be degaussed afterwards to return it to its normal, non-magnetic condition. It’s possible that the bolt wasn’t demagnetized properly, and it in turn magnetized the rest of the BCG, or the entire assembly might have been magnetized somewhere else along the way by exposure to an electrical field.

Metal machine parts that are magnetized will attract metal shavings, dust, etc. In the case of a BCG, it won’t affect performance, but it will tend to attract metallic debris that will adhere in the nooks and crannies, which doesn’t make cleaning any easier. I’m a mechanical engineer (by education - haven’t “practiced” in a while), so I tend to get obsessed about the way things are “supposed to be.” Don’t let it worry you.
View All Quotes

Of course - did you read as far as the part that says, “After the part has been magnetized it needs to be demagnetized?”  While a metal part is temporarily magnetized during the MPI process, it should be degaussed afterwards to return it to its normal, non-magnetic condition. It’s possible that the bolt wasn’t demagnetized properly, and it in turn magnetized the rest of the BCG, or the entire assembly might have been magnetized somewhere else along the way by exposure to an electrical field.

Metal machine parts that are magnetized will attract metal shavings, dust, etc. In the case of a BCG, it won’t affect performance, but it will tend to attract metallic debris that will adhere in the nooks and crannies, which doesn’t make cleaning any easier. I’m a mechanical engineer (by education - haven’t “practiced” in a while), so I tend to get obsessed about the way things are “supposed to be.” Don’t let it worry you.
needs to be right, thats for sure

how do you see through that thing??? a single pvs 14 jeeeez
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By nhojyelbom:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nhojyelbom:

Lol...what are you talking about?
Page / 912
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top