Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1027 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

Don't waste your breath. KO2s are the best thing since sliced bread.
View Quote
This is truth
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#2]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alaska511:
https://i.imgur.com/Ue3Zr4I.jpg
I need to talk you into some Nittos for next time
"Baja Champion" on the sidewall threatens a lot of people.  Sorry their girl lost.

Link Posted: 5/18/2018 9:56:58 AM EDT
[#3]

I was just bustin' Ryan's balls, I hadn't talked to him in a while!
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#4]
geissele maritime bolt catches are back in stock. I don’t think they are clone correct though
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#5]
The market for RIS II's has seriously cooled off. Maybe the Brownells uppers are selling well but these things sold reliably for $500+ a while back. Now they aren't moving hardly at all.

Maybe the URG-I has something to do with it too.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
I had a set of Nitto Terra Grappler G2's on my Duramax, worst tire I've ever had. I only got 22k miles out of them, and if it snowed, I got stuck. Like literally stuck in the middle of the plowed road. My wife pulled me out with her Escape a few times. Man, I'm getting pissed off just thinking about those tires.

Need to go fondle my CQBR...
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 1:07:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Will816:
I had a set of Nitto Terra Grappler G2's on my Duramax, worst tire I've ever had. I only got 22k miles out of them, and if it snowed, I got stuck. Like literally stuck in the middle of the plowed road. My wife pulled me out with her Escape a few times. Man, I'm getting pissed off just thinking about those tires.

View All Quotes

I had the exact opposite results with mine. I got well over 40k out of them before I sold them off for new tires and they still had a good 3rd left in them. They were on a 2500 Cummmins too. I could drive around in 2wd in places that I'd normally use 4wd for.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
This is truth
View Quote
K02's are bae.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
The market for RIS II's has seriously cooled off. Maybe the Brownells uppers are selling well but these things sold reliably for $500+ a while back. Now they aren't moving hardly at all.

Maybe the URG-I has something to do with it too.
View Quote
Yeah I think so. That and supply is up from where we were a few years ago. It used to be pretty hard to find any, now I see them every time I get on the EE. G rails have kind of taken over but after the Mk16 becomes old news people will still want FDE RIS IIs, and of course once a couple decades go by, block 2 will be retro and the price will skyrocket again. Kinda like old muscle cars lol
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Yeah I think so. That and supply is up from where we were a few years ago. It used to be pretty hard to find any, now I see them every time I get on the EE. G rails have kind of taken over but after the Mk16 becomes old news people will still want FDE RIS IIs, and of course once a couple decades go by, block 2 will be retro and the price will skyrocket again. Kinda like old muscle cars lol
View Quote
Lol.. that's one way to look at it.
Some day my kid will look at my m4 build and hopefully mk18 build in the near future and be like.. "whoa retro"
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
I had the exact opposite results with mine. I got well over 40k out of them before I sold them off for new tires and they still had a good 3rd left in them. They were on a 2500 Cummmins too. I could drive around in 2wd in places that I'd normally use 4wd for.
View All Quotes

Me too, I have 45K on mine, tuned and deleted Duramax, and I am probably at 1/3.  I do love the KO2s, though.  I am getting the Ridge Grapplers next.  They are sexy.

Back to the CQBR!  My bad.  I truly was just messin' with AR-Ryan.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Me too, I have 45K on mine, tuned and deleted Duramax, and I am probably at 1/3.  I do love the KO2s, though.  I am getting the Ridge Grapplers next.  They are sexy.

Back to the CQBR!  My bad.  I truly was just messin' with AR-Ryan.
View Quote
I've got a deleted LML, I'm doing those next time around because I cheaped out and got MTZs this time around
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By aaron580:

I've got a deleted LML, I'm doing those next time around because I cheaped out and got MTZs this time around
View Quote
Same here, with 4” straight pipes. I love the sound of it!
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#14]
So I picked up a non-ambi KAC lower yesterday and was thinking I would Form 1 it and use it for a Mod 0, but now I’m not so sure... I don’t really want to mix and match receivers and not sure where I’d get a KAC stripped upper to go with it... I dunno. Might have just been an impulse buy that’ll sit in the safe.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#15]
@deadpool 2 right now. Be jealous
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#16]
When you guys were talking about stripped screws a few pages back, I know fully understand your pain.

Dealing with an Eotech G33 from hell.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:57:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#17]
Originally Posted By vanquishings:
When you guys were talking about stripped screws a few pages back, I know fully understand your pain.

View Quote
I found a little kit from black n decker with 5 diff sized screw extractors. I highly recommend it. Painless, and quick. Buy a new screw. It was like $6 and I know I'll strip another screw in the future.

Eta- pic with screw still in remover. No damage done to optic or hood.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
I found a little kit from black n decker with 5 diff sized screw extractors. I highly recommend it. Painless, and quick. Buy a new screw. It was like $6 and I know I'll strip another screw in the future.
View All Quotes

Did they end up having loctite or rocksett on an? If so what color? I don't think I've ever removed one cause I didn't want to void warrantees
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:03:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#19]
Pic sucks, but blue locktite
Eta, but that was the 2005 552. I'm sure they prob still use the same methods though. Removing the hood voids the warranty? Wtf? Why did I not read the manual! Dammit!
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#20]
First sr07, golly how did I ever use the ST

Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote
I did that a few weeks ago. What a pain in the ass..
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#22]

http://i.imgur.com/O6zKwXg.jpg
View Quote
Damn, that looks great. Thankfully, it's one of the two phillips that the G33 mounts to the FTS on. I could care less about the screw, or even the FTS mount.

Tried one of those "Grabit" tools and the screw just laughed at me. To make matters worse, other screw came out just fine....
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:07:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aaron580] [#23]

Damn, that looks great. Thankfully, it's one of the two phillips that the G33 mounts to the FTS on. I could care less about the screw, or even the FTS mount.

Tried one of those "Grabit" tools and the screw just laughed at me. To make matters worse, other screw came out just fine....
View Quote
Drill bit just a little smaller than the screw size, and those extractors. Sometimes a drill bit can even grab at it and extract screws with the right bits and low speed
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By wissota4:
@deadpool 2 right now. Be jealous
View Quote
lucky.jpg
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Drill bit just a little smaller than the screw size, and those extractors. Sometimes a drill bit can even grab at it and extract screws with the right bits and low speed
View All Quotes

Soldering iron to heat the head up, very sharp left hand drill bit and slow rpms with high pressure.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 9:59:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Soldering iron to heat the head up, very sharp left hand drill bit and slow rpms with high pressure.
View Quote
Actually never thought about a soldering iron, I always used a heat gun with mixed results
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 11:42:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Actually never thought about a soldering iron, I always used a heat gun with mixed results
View All Quotes

The faster you can get heat into a pinpoint area, the better chances you have. Less chance of mucking up other things in area of what you're working on.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 11:54:59 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
Use correct size bit and you won't strip head.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 12:03:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By brodband8:
View All Quotes

Any excuse to buy new tools.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 2:05:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Spoke to the NFA Branch this afternoon, and my RC is still listed as pending. Didn't get the "pending FBI background check" thing people have reported. I suppose that could be a good sign. The lady said, "It's just waiting to be looked at" or something to that effect, and added that the average turnaround is now 8 months. That figure isn't really in line with what nfatracker is showing, or the guys in here getting forms back with checks cashed in November. Hell, quite a number of F1s and F4s with December cash dates are starting to come in on nfatracker. Maybe she is using a 6 or 12 month rolling average, which would make more sense. Ah, well... guess it'll go through when it goes through. Whatta-ya-gonna-do?

Took the CQBR out yesterday and rezeroed it with the G33 at 50y. Mmm... G33 awesomeness :D.

Link Posted: 5/19/2018 2:37:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By krdt:
Spoke to the NFA Branch this afternoon, and my RC is still listed as pending. Didn't get the "pending FBI background check" thing people have reported. I suppose that could be a good sign. The lady said, "It's just waiting to be looked at" or something to that effect, and added that the average turnaround is now 8 months. That figure isn't really in line with what nfatracker is showing, or the guys in here getting forms back with checks cashed in November. Hell, quite a number of F1s and F4s with December cash dates are starting to come in on nfatracker. Maybe she is using a 6 or 12 month rolling average, which would make more sense. Ah, well... guess it'll go through when it goes through. Whatta-ya-gonna-do?

Took the CQBR out yesterday and rezeroed it with the G33 at 50y. Mmm... G33 awesomeness :D.

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.051718.Shooting.G33-02.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.051718.Shooting.G33.Misc-01.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.051718.Shooting.G33.Misc-02.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.051718.Shooting.G33-11.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.051718.Shooting.G33-05.jpg
View Quote
G33 looks sweet. But the block1 looks super sexy
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 3:38:12 AM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By krdt:

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.051718.Shooting.G33-02.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.051718.Shooting.G33.Misc-01.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.051718.Shooting.G33.Misc-02.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.051718.Shooting.G33-11.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.051718.Shooting.G33-05.jpg

One of these days I'll get an F1 started on it; possibly get an NT4 as well. Before that can happen, I'll have to stop thinking up new shit to buy for the CQBR, lol.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 4:07:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 7:13:53 AM EDT
[#34]

Any excuse to buy new tools.
View Quote
Amen to that
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 7:34:41 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
Is that the same rifle from a few pics back that had a g33 behind the t1?
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 8:03:18 AM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes

Tell that to the guy I bought the 552 from. I only run into problems when I buy somethin used. It looked like he tried an Alan wrench instead of a torx wrench. I shoulda said I'm sure I'll come acrossed another great deal with a stripped screw. Seems like people strip out their shit, give up and sell it discounted on the EE. I've gotten a few deals that way myself and seen many others too.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 8:29:09 AM EDT
[#37]

Is that the same rifle from a few pics back that had a g33 behind the t1?
View Quote
No, two different guns on same detachment.

CD
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
No LA-5
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 9:24:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eMc9001] [#39]
Trying to sort out some details. Decided on a NT4 so going USMC CQBR inspired. So KAC Ambi saftey or Colt? KAC 300M Micro rear buis? As far as IR's PEQ16 or LA-5? ETA: holy fuck could buy a MAWL for that price. Have everything else already done that's all I have left.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Bedside photo

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 9:33:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:
Trying to sort out some details. Decided on a NT4 so going USMC CQBR inspired. So KAC Ambi saftey or Colt? KAC 300M Micro rear buis? As far as IR's PEQ16 or LA-5? ETA: holy fuck could buy a MAWL for that price. Have everything else already done that's all I have left.
View Quote
I'm thinking a kac and a micro 600 actually
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:
View Quote
I love my NT4.  NT4 and MAMS has people at the range looking at me like, is that a 22lr 10.3 that guy is firing?
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Bedside photo

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_5053-548634.JPG

CD
View Quote
What optic is that fellow using?
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#44]
4 months into the RC1 wait...
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 10:24:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By daojag:

I love my NT4.  NT4 and MAMS has people at the range looking at me like, is that a 22lr 10.3 that guy is firing?
View Quote
Yeah, I got to sample a MAMS the other day and it really screwed up my priorities. Like a pancake.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 10:30:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#46]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Bedside photo

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_5053-548634.JPG

CD
View Quote
@Combat_Diver -Nice! I missed your ad for sw02's by like 2 min. I'm still hurtin from that one
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Awww ya! Just saw my casv is getting delivered today. Brace yer selves for some eod clone goodness!  I know the excitements hard to contain! (I can't help it, I'm sucker for those builds)
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By daojag:

View Quote
What's the benefit of the mams? I'm HOPEFULLY going to see my nt4 stamp in the next couple days
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 11:37:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eMc9001] [#49]

What's the benefit of the mams? I'm HOPEFULLY going to see my nt4 stamp in the next couple days
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/19/2018 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By sanman28:

What optic is that fellow using?
View Quote
From this guy, 3X
Attachment Attached File

CD
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1027 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top