Stoner made some a few years back. As well as the 4 prong on squirells gun. Lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

LOL. If you managed to ruin my 1/4" heat treated DD wrench by tightening the barrel nut I would be more impressed than mad.
Is that the one you can buy from DD or did you have something fabbed up?
Someone on here made a bunch a few years ago.
This @ DBM.

Not me, I was making the Eagle TAS-1 Sling to Uncle Mike Sling Loop/KAC Rail Sling Adapter Loops.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:27:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#2]
I checked my PM's and Stoner25mkiv made mine, but he hasn't posted here since Dec. 2017.
View Quote
Fuck. That's the one. I hope he's ok. He's up there in age...

I haven't talked to him since AR-Ryan briefly came back. Assumed 63a was him because I could never remember the letters/numbers right

@Stoner25mkiv you still kickin??
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:28:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By stoner63a:
Not me, I was making the Eagle TAS-1 Sling to Uncle Mike Sling Loop/KAC Rail Sling Adapter Loops.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner63a:

LOL. If you managed to ruin my 1/4" heat treated DD wrench by tightening the barrel nut I would be more impressed than mad.
Is that the one you can buy from DD or did you have something fabbed up?
Someone on here made a bunch a few years ago.
This @ DBM.

My bad dude. I got the wrong Stoner.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#4]

I haven't talked to him since AR-Ryan briefly came back. Assumed 63a was him because I could never remember the letters/numbers right
View All Quotes
I checked my PM's and Stoner25mkiv made mine, but he hasn't posted here since Dec. 2017.

I hope so too. He's a good dude and was usually pretty active on here.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:30:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
Pretty sure it was Stoner who made them. <3

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5654/23453941439_6985a853d1_c.jpg
View Quote
I'll raise you, puny wrench!

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:32:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_6409_jpg-802492.JPG

CD
View Quote
Lol. Is that one 3/8?
See I told you @milspec
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:34:17 AM EDT
[#7]

This @ DBM.

View Quote
I do remember him making the 4P. And his many, many, many disclaimers about mounting a can on it lol
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:34:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#8]
Originally Posted By wissota4:
Lol. Is that one 3/8?
See I told you @milspec
View All Quotes

CD
Lol. Is that one 3/8?
See I told you @milspec
You didn't tell me shit hoe. Except that you thought carbide was stronger than HSS, and that your boss is too cheap to buy you guys a plasma torch. Lol
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:35:00 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
Damn, I hope he's alright and just stepped away from the site.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:36:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I do remember him making the 4P. And his many, many, many disclaimers about mounting a can on it lol
View All Quotes

This @ DBM.

MANY disclaimers.

The funny thing is he gave me those many disclaimers. Then I gave squirell the many disclaimers when I finally sent it to him. Then Stoner gave squirrel many disclaimers. There's probably 3 pages worth of stoner 4P disclaimers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:47:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Lol. Is that one 3/8?
See I told you @milspec
View Quote
.382" so just over 3/8"

CD
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:48:54 AM EDT
[#12]

You didn't tell me shit hoe. Except that you thought carbide was stronger than HSS, and that your boss is too cheap to buy you guys a plasma torch. Lol
View Quote
Bruh. Nobody wants that's gross plasma.
Go be a welder somewhere else.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:55:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#13]
View All Quotes

You're going to make me gouge out my eyeballs with a spoon one day.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:58:08 AM EDT
[#14]

You're going to make me gouge out my eyeballs with a spoon one day.
View Quote
You won't do it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:05:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Love that magnifier/larue set up there!!
View All Quotes
Love that magnifier/larue set up there!!
Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:22:13 AM EDT
[#16]

CD
View Quote
That's sweet!

Yeah Luis or Louis I can't remember which way he spelled it was always really cool. Probably got busy with other stuff. Dudes like him, Asmig, and some others were why cloning was so fun because it wasn't about bending people over on stuff like the clone groups are.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:48:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 84wh1:
Hey guys. How acceptable  is a Surefire m600c scout on an mk18? Were they ever deployed and used? Mine currently has a black m3x long gun but also has a few other "non standard parts" such as CTR stock and hogue grip. It's also a black f**k FDE theme. Oh and please don't flame me for the fake PEQ because I can't justify the cost of a real one for something I will never really use. Lol

https://i.imgur.com/XmJtWC0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XaTIkAB.jpg
View Quote
This is why there should be a clone lookalike thread.  Like I wanna copy the general idea of an issued rifle, but I don't want it to be a clone, but I still want to call it a clone...  And then ask for leniency and mercy.  This thread has certainly become tame.

And it always blew my mind, when people throw fake PEQ15s on there.  Why have one at all if you're not going to have a real one?  It's like seeing someone squat 405, but only go one inch, I give more respect to the person that squats all the way with proper form but it's only 135.  More respect to no PEQ at than a placeholder PEQ.

But that's just me, and with that being said, mine is nowhere near correct.

Uh oh... What happened?

Link Posted: 1/10/2019 6:56:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By H1H0AG:

This is why there should be a clone lookalike thread.  Like I wanna copy the general idea of an issued rifle, but I don't want it to be a clone, but I still want to call it a clone...  And then ask for leniency and mercy.  This thread has certainly become tame.

And it always blew my mind, when people throw fake PEQ15s on there.  Why have one at all if you're not going to have a real one?  It's like seeing someone squat 405, but only go one inch, I give more respect to the person that squats all the way with proper form but it's only 135.  More respect to no PEQ at than a placeholder PEQ.

But that's just me, and with that being said, mine is nowhere near correct.

Uh oh... What happened?

https://i.imgur.com/aQC9xeq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fjNnVCo.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oRp8NcK.jpg
View Quote
put some clothes on!
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:04:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Of course when I’m finally ready to purchase my can the government is shut down to cause more of a delay
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:58:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Bhavin22:

If 90% of the rife is incorrect. Then why even ask if the m600 is acceptable lol. If you want “different”
View Quote
Well I think 90% is a bit of a stretch. LOL While its black, its built as the following:

-Colt Upper, BCG and lower
-DD 10.3" barrel
-DD Ris2 (black)
-PRI gas buster charge handle
-Magpul CTR (plenty of MK18's in wild wearing CTR strocks)
-Magpul AFG (same as above)
-Hogue grip (same as above)
-KAC 99051 front sights and 600 meter micro rear
-CQD front sling attachment
-KAC M4QD flash hider
-aimpoint Micro (yes its an H1)

I like to think in the above configuration that its MK18 and not just an "inspired build" like many have. While its not an "off the rack" mk18, I feel like in its current configuration it would fall into the "operator custom" style MK18. Hell it doesnt have a lame ass brace so I gotta gain some point for that
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 84wh1:

Well I think 90% is a bit of a stretch. LOL While its black, its built as the following:

-Colt Upper, BCG and lower
-DD 10.3" barrel
-DD Ris2 (black)
-PRI gas buster charge handle
-Magpul CTR (plenty of MK18's in wild wearing CTR strocks)
-Magpul AFG (same as above)
-Hogue grip (same as above)
-KAC 99051 front sights and 600 meter micro rear
-CQD front sling attachment
-KAC M4QD flash hider
-aimpoint Micro (yes its an H1)

I like to think in the above configuration that its MK18 and not just an "inspired build" like many have. While its not an "off the rack" mk18, I feel like in its current configuration it would fall into the "operator custom" style MK18. Hell it doesnt have a lame ass brace so I gotta gain some point for that
View Quote
Just giving you a hard time. I wouldn’t mind having a all black version of mine as well. I’m still rocking a lame ass brace and with this government shutdown who knows when my tax stamp will arrive.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Just giving you a hard time. I wouldn’t mind having a all black version of mine as well. I’m still rocking a lame ass brace and with this government shutdown who knows when my tax stamp will arrive.
View Quote
Figured you were however non personal internet chat doesnt always come across as the user intends. LOL....Anyways hopefully you get that stamp soon so you can crap can that brace. JK.

Cheers
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Two of my favorite gats

Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:01:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: red6actual] [#24]
Of course when I’m finally ready to purchase my can the government is shut down to cause more of a delay
View Quote
Delay is the word haven't you heard!

Been over a year now for one of mine, might as well send it in, you'll get a stamp at some point...maybe
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:07:24 PM EDT
[#25]
I hate to keep bugging you guys about this but if any of you have a dbal you can offload, hit me up. I gots da PayPal
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#26]
I hate to keep bugging you guys about this but if any of you have a dbal you can offload, hit me up. I gots da PayPal
View Quote
I have one but you are to picky! You expect it to work and everything function
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
Just go all in and get a mawl
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks fellas. I just snagged an i2 off tacswap. Gonna have to roll with that temporarily until I can get into a working PEQ-15 again
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:56:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks fellas. I just snagged an i2 off tacswap. Gonna have to roll with that temporarily until I can get into a working PEQ-15 again
View Quote
that is such a bummer that it showed up DOA. that was my worst fear buying a part that you can't just send in for repair, with full power PEQ

no freaking way am I buying another one (i said i wouldn't buy nods gear less than a month ago) so i'll keep an eye out and send you leads.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:29:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#30]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
that is such a bummer that it showed up DOA. that was my worst fear buying a part that you can't just send in for repair, with full power PEQ

no freaking way am I buying another one (i said i wouldn't buy nods gear less than a month ago) so i'll keep an eye out and send you leads.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

Luckily it was from a buddy tho but yeah I knew the vis laser was dead, turned out the IR laser was too. I got refunded.

But yeah anybody buying one I would highly recommend asking for pics of the unit itself as well as shots of vis laser, IR laser, and IR illum activated. Those 4 things check out you're probably good. Or buy a class 1 unit with warrantee of course. Just know they are massively underpowered compared to a -15. Although I hear the C1 MAWL is comparable, not sure how that works but supposedly it does. Lol
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#31]

Luckily it was from a buddy tho but yeah I knew the vis laser was dead, turned out the IR laser was too. I got refunded.

But yeah anybody buying one I would highly recommend asking for pics of the unit itself as well as shots of vis laser, IR laser, and IR illum activated. Those 4 things check out you're probably good. Or buy a class 1 unit with warrantee of course. Just know they are massively underpowered compared to a -15. Although I hear the C1 MAWL is comparable, not sure how that works but supposedly it does. Lol
View Quote
My problem with the civilian version is the warranty is only a year... and L3 can't work on those either. I can't remember what all the PEQ-15's are filled with... but it's a resin or something. You can't open them up for repair because they won't go back together. If you're under warranty I believe they just replace them.

So I would forget about the warranty and go full power. Or get the civilian version to save money. The illuminator is the only downfall to that.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:52:45 AM EDT
[#32]
So, I've pretty much decided to do a new Block II CQBR instead of a URGI 10.3" build.

Gonna use the new CQBR as host for the NT4 I'll be getting and leave my current Block II the way it is. After giving it some thought, I realized that deep down what I really wanted was a pair of twin CQBRs - one with an NT4 and one with an RC :D. Slowly starting to collect the parts.

Speaking of which, I'm starting to wonder if USPS lost the black Gas Buster I ordered. The last update was 3 days ago, and it doesn't even update the "in transit" status with the current date anymore. It's been stuck at "January 8th, In Transit" and hasn't changed. Can't be having my new Gas Buster get lost this early in the game :\.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:52:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By krdt:
So, I've pretty much decided to do a new Block II CQBR instead of a URGI 10.3" build.

Gonna use the new CQBR as host for the NT4 I'll be getting and leave my current Block II the way it is. After giving it some thought, I realized that deep down what I really wanted was a pair of twin CQBRs - one with an NT4 and one with an RC :D. Slowly starting to collect the parts.

Speaking of which, I'm starting to wonder if USPS lost the black Gas Buster I ordered. The last update was 3 days ago, and it doesn't even update the "in transit" status with the current date anymore. It's been stuck at "January 8th, In Transit" and hasn't changed. Can't be having my new Gas Buster get lost this early in the game :\.
View Quote
MARSOC clone build?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#34]
I found a RIS II so the Block II is a go! Expect more pictures and dumb questions moving forward!

Speaking of dumb questions...is it possible to do a Block II but still use the KAC M4QD instead of the 4 prong? The reason I ask is I was planning on buying a NT4 for my Mod 0 and my KAC CQBR anyways. If the answer is NO then I guess I'll by a SOCOM RC too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:15:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By M4arc:
I found a RIS II so the Block II is a go! Expect more pictures and dumb questions moving forward!

Speaking of dumb questions...is it possible to do a Block II but still use the KAC M4QD instead of the 4 prong? The reason I ask is I was planning on buying a NT4 for my Mod 0 and my KAC CQBR anyways. If the answer is NO then I guess I'll by a SOCOM RC too.
View Quote
CQBR with NT4 is legit. Rock on.

Old setup

Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:28:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

CQBR with NT4 is legit. Rock on.

Old setup

https://i.imgur.com/ItFgUFb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EDs0AXr.jpg
View Quote
That's sexy!

I was ready to spring for an NT4 for my Mod 0 until I saw the 11.5 KAC CQBR and now I'm waiting on the AFT & the Form 3.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:
MARSOC clone build?
View All Quotes

MARSOC clone build?
Yup, I suppose you could call it that. Thus far, about as specific as I've gotten is: "I want a CQBR BII with an NT4", lol. And, that I didn't really want to mess with or make changes to my current build.

At this point, I plan to set it up very close to my current build with a few minor variations - a lighter shade/more bronze RIS II and probably a SOPMOD for a lil variety (not certain on that, we'll see how it balances with an N1). I might even go crazy and run an M600DF instead of M300C - sucker is already going to be heavy with the NT4 and SOPMOD, so I might as well go for more lumens. Also might go with a non-QD TD Stubby.

Otherwise, I want to keep them as similar as possible... I like the option of being able to run them more or less interchangeably and also trade them out when shooting. Spread the abuse out a little bit ;p.

And, holy shit... my Gas Buster just showed up in Moreno Valley, CA. This is unacceptable... now it's going to have communist cooties on it :\.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#38]

Yup, I suppose you could call it that. Thus far, about as specific as I've gotten is: "I want a CQBR BII with an NT4", lol. And, that I didn't really want to mess with or make changes to my current build.

At this point, I plan to set it up very close to my current build with a few minor variations - a lighter shade/more bronze RIS II and probably a SOPMOD for a lil variety (not certain on that, we'll see how it balances with an N1). I might even go crazy and run an M600DF instead of M300C - sucker is already going to be heavy with the NT4 and SOPMOD, so I might as well go for more lumens. Also might go with a non-QD TD Stubby.

Otherwise, I want to keep them as similar as possible... I like the option of being able to run them more or less interchangeably and also trade them out when shooting. Spread the abuse out a little bit ;p.

And, holy shit... my Gas Buster just showed up in Moreno Valley, CA. This is unacceptable... now it's going to have communist cooties on it :\.
View Quote
What if you kept a little different and went with an Elcan with Doctor on top? Those early gen bronzed tinted one's are drool worth on the MK18 accompanied with a more bronze rail.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
Let me know where to find a lighter ris2 for sure!
And just my opinion,  the n stock would go good with the nt4 and sopmod with socom can.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

MARSOC clone build?

Something is going on with USPS. Maybe the govt Shut down effecting.

I have 3 packages that should have been here yesterday that still aren't even going to be here today. One hasn't even made it out of Texas yet where it was originally shipped from.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#41]
What if you kept a little different and went with an Elcan with Doctor on top? Those early gen bronzed tinted one's are drool worth on the MK18 accompanied with a more bronze rail.
View All Quotes

They do look good... but I don't really have the budget for an Elcan on top of outfitting another CQBR and getting an NT4 - I'll still need to be able to afford ammo to shoot out of it, lol.

Being able to run a G33 on both is pretty appealing as well; magnification when I want it and otherwise lighter weight. I figured another EXPS3 or maybe a 553 (probably EXPS).
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:06:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eMc9001] [#42]

They do look good... but I don't really have the budget for an Elcan on top of outfitting another CQBR and getting an NT4 - I'll still need to be able to afford ammo to shoot out of it, lol.

Being able to run a G33 on both is pretty appealing as well; magnification when I want it and otherwise lighter weight. I figured another EXPS3 or maybe a 553 (probably EXPS).
View Quote
For the cost of another CQBR that's identical why not delve into NVG's and a PEQ? You have literally the best land nearby for it unlike city peasants like myself.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#43]
And just my opinion,  the n stock would go good with the nt4 and sopmod with socom can.
View All Quotes

What appeared to be a pretty light colored one popped up not too long ago. I almost bought it, but it had a few light dings and I was sort of on the fence about it at $395. I was going to let the ad sit for a few days and make a lower offer, but someone scooped it up. Color seemed nice, though. There is also one now being advertised as "more bronze" for $415.

If I have to, I'll buy 2 or 3 URGs from Brownells and pick the best one :\. Either return the ones I don't want or part them out and keep a spare barrel or two. We'll see what comes along in the next little while.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#44]

What appeared to be a pretty light colored one popped up not too long ago. I almost bought it, but it had a few light dings and I was sort of on the fence about it at $395. I was going to let the ad sit for a few days and make a lower offer, but someone scooped it up. Color seemed nice, though. There is also one now being advertised as "more bronze" for $415.

If I have to, I'll buy 2 or 3 URGs from Brownells and pick the best one :\. Either return the ones I don't want or part them out and keep a spare barrel or two. We'll see what comes along in the next little while.
View Quote
The new production seem dark. Hard to find the lighter bronze ones.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#45]
For the cost of another CQBR that's identical why not delve into NVG's and a PEQ? You have literally the best land nearby for it unlike city peasants like myself.
View All Quotes

Eh, I've thought about it. Mainly because I want an NT4, and I can't see getting one just for the Block 1 - I just don't shoot it enough. Maybe that would change with an NT4, but I doubt it. I also have a lot of the parts already and just need around $1,000-$1,200 more in accessories (plus the NT4).

Also, the thought of another CQBR with NT4 just gives me bigger tingles than what I could realistically afford for NV given the same amount. I figure I need a minimum of $6-7k worth of investment to actually get what I want, maybe more. There are also political considerations; if I want another CQBR, I really couldn't pick a better time with prices the way they are. No guarantee how long the current market will last.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:05:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#46]
View All Quotes

They're definitely less common with current production, that's for sure. But, they still show up occasionally - I've seen a few lighter colored ones that are current production. That one I mentioned earlier that was $395 looked super light and was current production; and, I've seen a few others. Considering how dark my current one is, it shouldn't be too hard to find something a bit lighter. I've also noticed with use even mine has lightened up and gotten considerably more of a "bronze" hue from what it was originally (very flat chocolate FDE).

I figure worst-case I can find one a few shades lighter and with some hints of bronze to begin with, and after a few years of use, it'll be a good bit lighter.

I have 3 packages that should have been here yesterday that still aren't even going to be here today. One hasn't even made it out of Texas yet where it was originally shipped from.
Hmm. Yeah, I suppose that might be it. I hadn't really thought about it; I picked up a Colt 4 position RE that shipped on Jan 7th and arrived the 10th, so I figured this slow ass one must be out of the ordinary. This shipped Jan 2nd and just now showed up... in fucking CA of all places.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
I had a package sent to me, it spent over a month in the same town as me, but they wouldn't deliver it or allow me to pick it up.  Then they sent it back to the shipper saying my address was non deliverable....
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 5:26:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vanquishings] [#48]
Riser gang, assemble.

Link Posted: 1/11/2019 5:53:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smitty_007] [#49]
Originally Posted By smitty_007:

Okay, that’s what I was thinking...I thought I was going crazy.
View Quote
Alright, so I found the “mid-length” 10.3” DD set up I was referring to:
Attachment Attached File

Is this actually correct?  The military moved to a mid-length system on their new 10.3” uppers?

So this is another way the URGI uppers differ from the Mk18...
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By smitty_007:

Alright, so I found the “mid-length” 10.3” DD set up I was referring to.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/431577/AF1DE4AC-FE5E-416C-8C86-BE97C4EDC91D_jpeg-804256.JPG

Is this actually correct?  The military moved to a mid-length system on their new 10.3” uppers?
View Quote
Typo carried over from the 14.5 URGI description.
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1147 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top