Link Posted: 9/3/2019 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Damn those are some nice sticks!
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 4:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Did sombody ever see a mk18 marked like this vietnam era lower?

I only saw this late m16a1 markings
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#5]
407 days from cashed to in hand:

Link Posted: 9/3/2019 8:04:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -KentuckyWindage-] [#6]
Originally Posted By SlasherMcGee:

https://i.imgur.com/cZJoLSZ.jpg
View Quote
Congrats Sir! I ordered my tan NT4 today , well I paid and got on the list for an NT4 from my local guy today. He was out of stock. So my wait hasn't even started

Edit:
Dual switch came in

Pic thread

Link Posted: 9/3/2019 8:52:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SlasherMcGee] [#7]
I don't know about you guys, but I'm always worried my suppressor isn't going to line up. Fortunately this one is damn near perfect.

Speaking of the NT4, it rotates quite bit more than my RC's when locked down. I thought I read somewhere this is expected? Can anyone that has an NT4 confirm?

Link Posted: 9/3/2019 8:57:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#8]
I don't know about you guys, but I'm always worried my suppressor isn't going to line up. Fortunately this one is damn near perfect.

Speaking of the NT4, it rotates quite bit more than my RC's when locked down. I thought I read somewhere this is expected? Can anyone that has an NT4 confirm?

https://i.imgur.com/kEMs42q.jpg
View Quote
Yeah, there is a good bit of rotational play (compared to an RC)... perfectly normal.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#9]

https://i.imgur.com/kEMs42q.jpg
View Quote
Good video from one of our members that talks about the rotational play

Link Posted: 9/3/2019 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Thx guys.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 10:00:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Macpw:
Did sombody ever see a mk18 marked like this vietnam era lower?
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1PjfAZMdbW5HN9bd1kQt0q8ghT0yXYt5T
I only saw this late m16a1 markings
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1HY-B3iNkspsrgZizdVMWqugww0fLQVj-
View Quote
Mod 0's used A1 profile lowers. Quite a few earlier pictures posted in the first 100 pages of the thread. I considered using a Colt retro reissue m16 govt marked lower and SBRing it for a true correct Mod 0, but felt that was kind of a waste when you look at clones that use A1 lowers. Ended up using it for a MK12 build, a decision I am now even happier about with one of those pelican deployment cases en route.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 10:20:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:
You best hold your tounge, or you may either get uninvited, or better yet, keep your invite and be tasked with bringing ALL the meat for a bbq.  Its a tactical bridge thank you very much!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

What is this...a bridge for ants?!
You best hold your tounge, or you may either get uninvited, or better yet, keep your invite and be tasked with bringing ALL the meat for a bbq.  Its a tactical bridge thank you very much!
Do you charge a toll, so you can get your rolls?
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Would yall trust anyone to do lower engravings if they have the vector files? Is it possible to mess up engravings with the vector files? My FFL i picked up the lower mentioned he did lasering, showed some work.
But I didn't want to spend couple  hundred on a lower, get engraved incorrectly instead of going through someone whose done it a couple of times already. But, you know, support local business etc, so i thought I'd ask.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Tacticool_Duck:
Would yall trust anyone to do lower engravings if they have the vector files? Is it possible to mess up engravings with the vector files? My FFL i picked up the lower mentioned he did lasering, showed some work.
But I didn't want to spend couple  hundred on a lower, get engraved incorrectly instead of going through someone whose done it a couple of times already. But, you know, support local business etc, so i thought I'd ask.
View Quote
Like laser engraving? Colt info? Anodized lower?
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

Like laser engraving? Colt info? Anodized lower?
View Quote
Sorry, correct, laser engraving.
This is for a Brownells HK 416 lower though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 9:49:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Sorry, correct, laser engraving.
This is for a Brownells HK 416 lower though.
View Quote
Ohhh, I  don't really follow the 416 stuff so, I don't have a solid answer.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Love me a 10.3” with an Elcan.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View All Quotes

I'd let you pass for half price brother...

Originally Posted By Cagecode:
https://i.imgur.com/lIRaftc.jpg

Just got one on mine...  Yours is looking dope!
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
Nice man!

Link Posted: 9/4/2019 12:45:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Has anyone switched from an EXPS-3 to a T1/T2 and regretted it? I'm really digging the look of the CQBR's with a T2 on a Geissele...
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 12:46:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: monkeypunch] [#21]
I ordered a 10.3" DD barrel this weekend, thanks to this thread. I plan on using a regular gas block. Unsuppressed for now, but in about year I should have a Razor in hand. What buffer weight should I start with?
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Will816:
Has anyone switched from an EXPS-3 to a T1/T2 and regretted it? I'm really digging the look of the CQBR's with a T2 on a Geissele...
View Quote
I went from a T-1/2 to a EXPS3-0 and prefer it.

I’ll stick with the eotech form now on.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Well I’m about to pull the trigger on a colt M4A1 SOCOM.  I’m a little nervous as I also keep going back and looking at A1 receivers for a more accurate MOD 0. This is why I can never complete a build. I always change my mind lmaooo
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By EnduroBro:
Well I’m about to pull the trigger on a colt M4A1 SOCOM.  I’m a little nervous as I also keep going back and looking at A1 receivers for a more accurate MOD 0. This is why I can never complete a build. I always change my mind lmaooo
View Quote
Pull the trigger...
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 4:35:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#25]
View Quote
Stay with the T1 or T2. I prefer the window and reticle of the Eotech, but reliability is enough of a factor as to where I’d only put an Eotech on a plunked now. You can’t trust an Eotech the way you can trust an Aimpoint. T1’s are plenty correct anyways, you’re more likely to see it on a LaRue or ADM.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By TNW:
Stay with the T1 or T2. I prefer the window and reticle of the Eotech, but reliability is enough of a factor as to where I’d only put an Eotech on a plunked now. You can’t trust an Eotech the way you can trust an Aimpoint. T1’s are plenty correct anyways, you’re more likely to see it on a LaRue or ADM.
View All Quotes
What reliability problems have you had with an EXPS3?
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By krdt:

What reliability problems have you had with an EXPS3?
View Quote
Loss of reticle, loss of zero, loss of NV function, delamination, and that smoke projector piece inside coming loose.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Loss of reticle, loss of zero, loss of NV function, delamination, and that smoke projector piece inside coming loose.
View Quote
Was this on a EXPS?
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 7:05:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#29]
Yes.  Out of 4 I’m referencing to be exact. 3 of them were issued to me - I originally thought two but I remembered one from last October. One was a buddies (the one with the loose smoke piece)

If I felt like I could count on them and ended the bad luck streak, I’d probably go back
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes.  Out of 4 I’m referencing to be exact. 3 of them were issued to me - I originally thought two but I remembered one from last October. One was a buddies (the one with the loose smoke piece)

If I felt like I could count on them and ended the bad luck streak, I’d probably go back
View Quote
Just curious if this occurred before L3 did the whole voluntary buy back and "yeah, we 'fixed' all the known issues so they're GTG now..." effort.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 8:25:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#31]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

Just curious if this occurred before L3 did the whole voluntary buy back and "yeah, we 'fixed' all the known issues so they're GTG now..." effort.
View Quote
This has been in the last year. From what I can tell, mil units have not been replaced.

If they truly resolve the issues and make them more durable, I’ll consider going back.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

I feel my joke may have not gone over well.

Ever see Robin Hood: Men In Tights?
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 9:18:21 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote
Sounds like you've had some particularly bad luck then. While Eotech optics have undeniably had some documented issues, given the numbers involved, I think yours is a fairly unusual experience even with pre-2017 EXPS3s.

Personally, my 2017 and newer EXPS3s have been problem-free and I have complete confidence in their reliability.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 9:27:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Sounds like you've had some particularly bad luck then. While Eotech optics have undeniably had some documented issues, given the numbers involved, I think yours is a fairly unusual experience even with pre-2017 EXPS3s.

Personally, my 2017 and newer EXPS3s have been problem-free and I have complete confidence in their reliability.
View Quote
I will cede that we’re harder on our optics than most.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes

Yet it would seem Eotech optics have remained reasonably popular with SOF and many have opted to continue using them. Crane/SOCOM also renewed their contract with L3 last year.

Obviously not everyone has had your experience.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:32:17 PM EDT
[#36]

https://i.imgur.com/cZJoLSZ.jpg
View Quote
FML. My packet is getting mailed Friday. Are we still looking at a year+?
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:42:33 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote
No, Do not do it. Learn from my mistake. Make sure you use someone that has the correct files, correct font, etc, and has done them before.

Two have correct markings and font, one does not.

I will PM you so we can discuss.

Some flex, but not as cool as @vanquishings complete CAG clone rifle. Still need to find someone capable of blasting and re anodizing a MR lower.

Link Posted: 9/5/2019 12:10:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 100roundclipazine] [#38]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

No, Do not do it. Learn from my mistake. Make sure you use someone that has the correct files, correct font, etc, and has done them before.

https://i.imgur.com/9FW3Clk.jpg

Some flex, but not as cool as @vanquishings complete CAG clone rifle. Still need to find someone capable of blasting and re anodizing a MR lower.

https://i.imgur.com/lVWPECo.jpg
View Quote
Pm sent

Also Charlie at C4 precision has my “hk” lower now. I was told by a few other clone guys elsewhere that he does excellent hk markings.
Ill post my results when i get it back
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 12:55:17 AM EDT
[#39]
What's the best (or cheapest) way to get a stripped clone upper and lower these days?

I got on the MK18 journey via Garand Thumb and his videos steer people to Aero.  I have a bad ass rifle but it's not exactly clone correct especially with non-clone lower.  That and it still has a Rosco Bloodline 10.5″ M4 5.56 NATO barrel.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 12:59:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By blindrocket:
What's the best (or cheapest) way to get a stripped clone upper and lower these days?

I got on the MK18 journey via Garand Thumb and his videos steer people to Aero.  I have a bad ass rifle but it's not exactly clone correct especially with non-clone lower.  That and it still has a Rosco Bloodline 10.5″ M4 5.56 NATO barrel.
View Quote
Buy a Colt upper and send it out to be chopped.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 6:30:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

https://i.imgur.com/9FW3Clkjpg

https://i.imgur.com/lVWPECo.jp
View Quote
Replied! Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 6:51:23 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote
I have a T2 and really like it. It's my first lower 1/3 mount so that may be the reason. I'd like to try the EXPS to be a more clone correct.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#43]

This has been in the last year. From what I can tell, mil units have not been replaced.

If they truly resolve the issues and make them more durable, I’ll consider going back.
View Quote
These problems have been addressed and fixed according to Eotech, who is still selling a shit ton of optics to .mil.  The new production ones are gtg.  I went to an MRO because I had lost trust in them.  I was not impressed with the MRO at all.  I went back to Eotech post all the fixes and have had zero issues.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#44]

I feel my joke may have not gone over well.

Ever see Robin Hood: Men In Tights?
View Quote
A LONGGGG time ago...  Didnt get the reference sorry
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
Originally Posted By blindrocket:

This is the route I went on my Block 1 and 2... Seeing some of the prices folks are paying for components makes me glad I went the 6920 upper route.  I bought OEMs to use for mine, so feel like i got a real good deal.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:45:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Anybody else get the back in stock email from Big Tex Outdoors for the SF SOCOM556 in FDE? $762 shipped was to tough to resisit.

SF SOCOM
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 11:35:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By AR_Marv:
Anybody else get the back in stock email from Big Tex Outdoors for the SF SOCOM556 in FDE? $762 shipped was to tough to resisit.

SF SOCOM
View Quote
Very nice.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By EnduroBro:
View Quote
I've seen more Mk 18 Mod 0s use M4A1 receivers then M16A1 lowers.

CD
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 11:14:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PingRing774] [#49]
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By AR_Marv:

SF SOCOM
View Quote
What's the coupon code here?
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1265 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top