Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 519 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 1:16:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AstraPat] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JJREA:

How have pecans been?  Seems like they have just sucked for the last three years.  When I started eating them a lot about 10 years ago (walnuts too), they were really good, yummy looked good and healthy and full.  Now every where I try to buy theme (walnuts too) they're mangly looking, dark spots, and look pathetic and half the time I'm picking out ones that don't look good.  It's irritating.  We had some real hot summers here a few years ago and I think the whole country was under a drought.  Plus I think you all out west are sort of in an extended drought and I think it messed up the pecans, and walnuts......  I don't know.  

Man I wish I had something gun related to say.  Lets see.......  

Here's one I've been debating.  I see you guys talk about weapon mounted lights and I'm debating on what I should get to hang from my recce's rail.  I suppose it doesn't have to be to spec, but then again.....  Can someone school me on the different ones you guys are all using?  And for the the smaller the better.  Just for home defense.  I might just get a TLR-1, streamlight, but I never see any of you guys talk about them.  Nobody in the .mil ever uses them?  If not, why not?  I'm completely uninformed on the subject.  My go to light is a Surefire Z2, I think it's called.  Hand held to go along with my pistol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Lettuce fields?  A lot of the lettuce we buy comes from CA I think.  LOL.

Lol! Nah. Corn, peaches, Pecans, almonds, walnuts, rice, cattle, not too far from me is grape/wine country. I guess mostly that type of shit Don't remember seeing lettuce around here tho lol

How have pecans been?  Seems like they have just sucked for the last three years.  When I started eating them a lot about 10 years ago (walnuts too), they were really good, yummy looked good and healthy and full.  Now every where I try to buy theme (walnuts too) they're mangly looking, dark spots, and look pathetic and half the time I'm picking out ones that don't look good.  It's irritating.  We had some real hot summers here a few years ago and I think the whole country was under a drought.  Plus I think you all out west are sort of in an extended drought and I think it messed up the pecans, and walnuts......  I don't know.  

Here's one I've been debating.  I see you guys talk about weapon mounted lights and I'm debating on what I should get to hang from my recce's rail.  I suppose it doesn't have to be to spec, but then again.....  Can someone school me on the different ones you guys are all using?  And for the the smaller the better.  Just for home defense.  I might just get a TLR-1, streamlight, but I never see any of you guys talk about them.  Nobody in the .mil ever uses them?  If not, why not?  I'm completely uninformed on the subject.  My go to light is a Surefire Z2, I think it's called.  Hand held to go along with my pistol.

This is the only TLR-1 I've ever seen used on a CQBR. MILSPEC's options are good. I love my LED M3X. A G2 in a VTAC mount would be a great affordable option I think.

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 1:19:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Yeah I'd definitely be interested in seeing it and the "real steel one". So they said even the airsoft one is 1/2x28? That's kind of derp. I though airsoft barrels had a different thread pitch?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brodband8:
have y'all seen that airsoft company that made a 4 prong replica?  They state that it is 1/2x28, and I believe is steel.  Just something to think about....

At only 50 dollars I might pick it up to fuck with.

I also see in one of their facebook posts that they plan to make one for use on a "real steel" as the airsofters call it, AR thread pitch.

<a href="http://s61.photobucket.com/user/BrOdBaNd_2006/media/4%20prong_zpspnxwgubo.png.html" target="_blank">http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/BrOdBaNd_2006/4%20prong_zpspnxwgubo.png</a>

Licensed by surefire? If not I hope surefire sues the fuck out of em'

I'd be interested in seeing the quality and what type of steel it's made from. But I can't imagine it being up to par to actually put on one of my clones, or you guys to attach a suppressor to.

Has the potential of ruining your can, barrel threads, round could impact the flash hider if it isn't machined well. Just kind of sketchy. I'd proceed with caution of you decide to use it.

I had a knockoff 249F before my real one. It worked fine, and I made sure the round wouldn't impact it, but always felt sketched out

I wouldn't even use it for suppressor use.  I just think it would be something the cloners that couldn't afford a socom can, let alone a 4 prong could use if they wanted the "look"

Yeah I'd definitely be interested in seeing it and the "real steel one". So they said even the airsoft one is 1/2x28? That's kind of derp. I though airsoft barrels had a different thread pitch?

they mentioned 1/2 x 28 and 14mmCCW
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 1:23:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Okay, per request, here a couple more photos of the cuts of my converted FSP rail. Good thing I haven't painted it yet. That said, when I get a chance in the next couple of days and can cut the next one, I'll take photos throughout the process and post the how to. I'll add a link to that thread in this one as well.

Hope this helps in the meantime, and feel free to ask questions if you have any.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 2:33:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
View Quote

That looks a lot like the ugliest (and by that I mean best looking) rifle I ever saw.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 3:22:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:
Okay, per request, here a couple more photos of the cuts of my converted FSP rail. Good thing I haven't painted it yet. That said, when I get a chance in the next couple of days and can cut the next one, I'll take photos throughout the process and post the how to. I'll add a link to that thread in this one as well.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Conspiro-Agnew/DSC_1164_zpsear5p63m.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Conspiro-Agnew/DSC_1179_zpssdoi3hef.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Conspiro-Agnew/DSC_1156_zpss1mxdbxu.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Conspiro-Agnew/DSC_1159_zpsfxxuai8u.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Conspiro-Agnew/DSC_1147_zpsgfhq7y8w.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Conspiro-Agnew/DSC_1154_zpsr3rb6dym.jpg

Hope this helps in the meantime, and feel free to ask questions if you have any.
View Quote

I'm really considering doing this. Just wish I had another RIS II so I could have my cake and eat 2 cakes, or somethin' like that.

Looks really good brother. Even with the rough-ish cuts, cerakote or []**
will clean her right up. Now I just need to figure out if I'm gonna keep my B2 as-is, or copy you lol
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 5:21:34 AM EDT
[#6]

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Conspiro-Agnew/DSC_1164_zpsear5p63m.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Conspiro-Agnew/DSC_1179_zpssdoi3hef.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Conspiro-Agnew/DSC_1156_zpss1mxdbxu.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Conspiro-Agnew/DSC_1159_zpsfxxuai8u.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Conspiro-Agnew/DSC_1147_zpsgfhq7y8w.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Conspiro-Agnew/DSC_1154_zpsr3rb6dym.jpg

View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:50:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#7]
PSA has the SF3P-556-1/2-28 on sale for $116.10

SF3P-556 on sale

CD
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Is a black SU marked Eotech legit on a Block II CQBR? I know black EXPSs have been spotted but don't recall about the 553s.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#9]
have y'all seen that airsoft company that made a 4 prong replica?  They state that it is 1/2x28, and I believe is steel.  Just something to think about....

I also see in one of their facebook posts that they plan to make one for use on a "real steel" as the airsofters call it, AR thread pitch.

<a href="http://s61.photobucket.com/user/BrOdBaNd_2006/media/4%20prong_zpspnxwgubo.png.html" target="_blank">http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/BrOdBaNd_2006/4%20prong_zpspnxwgubo.png</a>

View Quote

It would be interesting to see what kind of "steel" they're made of.

I don't think I would put anything not intended for actual firearms on my rifle.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:01:41 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Great idea, well executed!
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Jax_Guns:
Is a black SU marked Eotech legit on a Block II CQBR? I know black EXPSs have been spotted but don't recall about the 553s.
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Yes
View All Quotes

Yes

It is, but I would get the tan if possible. I have a black 553 and I'm looking to get a tan one lol
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By smb980:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By smb980:

Thanks! And how've you been?
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm really considering doing this. Just wish I had another RIS II so I could have my cake and eat 2 cakes, or somethin' like that.

will clean her right up. Now I just need to figure out if I'm gonna keep my B2 as-is, or copy you lol
View Quote

Yeah, I definitely like having an M4A1 length RIS as well. Plus, when I build a 14.5 upper with the third one, I'll have one in each variation (excluding the obvious unobtainium). Decisions decisions.

And I've been thinking about going the cerakote route, but it's hard to find up here, without having to pay a shop to do it. i may just hit it with a coat of high temp spray and then rattle can it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By sbye:

It is, but I would get the tan if possible. I have a black 553 and I'm looking to get a tan one lol
View All Quotes

Yes

I can get you guys a new in box tan su-231 for $560.00 plus tax/shipping........let me know I will hook it up!
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Yeah, I definitely like having an M4A1 length RIS as well. Plus, when I build a 14.5 upper with the third one, I'll have one in each variation (excluding the obvious unobtainium). Decisions decisions.

And I've been thinking about going the cerakote route, but it's hard to find up here, without having to pay a shop to do it. i may just hit it with a coat of high temp spray and then rattle can it.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:

I can get you guys a new in box tan su-231 for $560.00 plus tax/shipping........let me know I will hook it up!
View All Quotes

Yes

Lol. You're like the guy in prison movies that can smuggle in anything anyone needs for the right number of smokes.... don't change. I love it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

Lol. You're like the guy in prison movies that can smuggle in anything anyone needs for the right number of smokes.... don't change. I love it.
View All Quotes

Yes

I got the shakes that'll make you quake. I got the fries that'll cross your eyes! I got the burgers that'll... well I just got burgers.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

http://i.giphy.com/gOkawaguYNiSI.gif
View All Quotes

http://i.giphy.com/gOkawaguYNiSI.gif

LOL! That gif just caused me to bust out laughing at work. Co-workers are looking at me like I've gone insane...
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 1:40:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Hit it with Aluminum Black and

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By AstraPat:

This is the only TLR-1 I've ever seen used on a CQBR. MILSPEC's options are good. I love my LED M3X. A G2 in a VTAC mount would be a great affordable option I think.

http://i.imgur.com/nccbNbM.png
View All Quotes

Lol! Nah. Corn, peaches, Pecans, almonds, walnuts, rice, cattle, not too far from me is grape/wine country. I guess mostly that type of shit Don't remember seeing lettuce around here tho lol

But heavy, no?  

Why is it that we hear so little abouth the Streamlight?  Back in the day it seemed to be the legit answer to surefire because it worked....  And didn't break the bank.  I'll also look at that other one that is cheaper, the.....  M3X  by insight???  I'll have a look at that one.  

And Milspec, the guy from HendersonDefense did a write up on Optics and not surprisingly they found eotechs to not hold up as well as Aimpoints and ACOGs.......  What u got 2 say bout that?????    It's one of those crazy things because you see SOOO many on guys guns that you know are BTDT.   Well I think they are.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#22]

But heavy, no?  

Why is it that we hear so little abouth the Streamlight?  Back in the day it seemed to be the legit answer to surefire because it worked....  And didn't break the bank.  I'll also look at that other one that is cheaper, the.....  M3X  by insight???  I'll have a look at that one.  

And Milspec, the guy from HendersonDefense did a write up on Optics and not surprisingly they found eotechs to not hold up as well as Aimpoints and ACOGs.......  What u got 2 say bout that?????    It's one of those crazy things because you see SOOO many on guys guns that you know are BTDT.   Well I think they are.  

View All Quotes

But heavy, no?  

I used to use a G2 Nitrolon in a VTAC mount. Not heavy at all. Nothing compared to an M952.

Nowadays I use X300's and M3X's, but I have a TLR-1s on my duty pistol.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 1:56:16 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Yes

It' really true!  I'm just trying to fit in on the playground...........plus I hate watching fellow cloners pay retail for shit as I know how expensive it gets!
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Yes

Is it "SU-231" marked or no?
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 2:02:55 PM EDT
[#25]

But heavy, no?  

View Quote

I don't think so considering a VTAC mount is 1.6oz and a Surefire G2 is 4.1oz with batteries.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 2:06:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:

View All Quotes

Yes

No it's the new ones.  I bought one last month and it's GTG.  I think the store has two left.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 2:09:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10Point3] [#27]
heres another TLR-1, pic posted by CD

as far as eotechs, yes they have more problems than the other optics, but they all have problems. as far as all the tier 1 guys using them, they like them, they like the reticle for the type of shooting they do. if they break, they can get another one. if it breaks during a gun fight,  theres other guys there to back them up and they can point shoot good enough to get out of the situation. and i would think they prefer to do most of their stuff at night when they have the upper hand, in which case, the eotech isnt even used.

as far as joe citizen is concerned, if he wants something for HD that he can just leave on, then he needs an aimpoint. but dont get all hard over the aimpoint 5+years battery life, those are at level 8? i think, and in my experience, level 8 is worthless in daylight or in the dark with a weapon light turned on. so when you bump up the setting to 9 or 10, youre dropping the battery life down to 10ish months (according to the manual). so i would reccomend changing your aimpoint batteries every 6 months if you leave it on a usable setting. also the comp aimpoints seem to have weak brightness knobs IME. the micros are by far the best/toughest all around optic IMO for a civilian, if you can put up with any astigmatism problems you might have.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 2:18:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By 10Point3:

http://oi57.tinypic.com/29deotv.jpg

as far as eotechs, yes they have more problems than the other optics, but they all have problems. as far as all the tier 1 guys using them, they like them, they like the reticle for the type of shooting they do. if they break, they can get another one. if it breaks during a gun fight,  theres other guys there to back them up and they can point shoot good enough to get out of the situation. and i would think they prefer to do most of their stuff at night when they have the upper hand, in which case, the eotech isnt even used.

as far as joe citizen is concerned, if he wants something for HD that he can just leave on, then he needs an aimpoint. but dont get all hard over the aimpoint 5+years battery life, those are at level 8? i think, and in my experience, level 8 is worthless in daylight or in the dark with a weapon light turned on. so when you bump up the setting to 9 or 10, youre dropping the battery life down to 10ish months (according to the manual). so i would reccomend changing your aimpoint batteries every 6 months if you leave it on a usable setting. also the comp aimpoints seem to have weak brightness knobs IME. the micros are by far the best/toughest all around optic IMO for a civilian, if you can put up with any astigmatism problems you might have.
View Quote

Dayum.. I have that same pic in my collection and never noticed that TLR.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Licensed by surefire? If not I hope surefire sues the fuck out of em'

I'd be interested in seeing the quality and what type of steel it's made from. But I can't imagine it being up to par to actually put on one of my clones, or you guys to attach a suppressor to.

Has the potential of ruining your can, barrel threads, round could impact the flash hider if it isn't machined well. Just kind of sketchy. I'd proceed with caution of you decide to use it.

I had a knockoff 249F before my real one. It worked fine, and I made sure the round wouldn't impact it, but always felt sketched out

I wouldn't even use it for suppressor use.  I just think it would be something the cloners that couldn't afford a socom can, let alone a 4 prong could use if they wanted the "look"

Alright, that makes sense. I think the 14mm is the airsoft threading. I'd still feel better running a Stoner replica than anything labeled as "real steel" though.

You thought I hate waiting periods? I think I hate airsoft terms even more.

Speaking of, Stoner if you read this, have you used your can on your SF4P replica?
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

YUSSS! The TLR-1 HL is the best value in a weaponlight in my mind. It absolutely fills a room with light for around $100, and have been pretty durable too.

It's too bad Streamlight won't make them in tan though!
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:
YUSSS! The TLR-1 HL is the best value in a weaponlight in my mind. It absolutely fills a room with light for around $100, and have been pretty durable too.  

View All Quotes

I would buy more TLR-1's if they did two things:

a) Stop putting that silver ring on them. Just all black.

and

b) Make an FDE version.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 4:34:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: markhateen] [#32]
Rattle can that shit, cmon this is the mk18 thread!    IMG_4739 by splittiebus 66, on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Alright boys, I have a line on SF4P's in the $300 range. (Not mine)

If you're one of the regulars/people I like, I gotchu.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 5:02:41 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

I like to party, but I'm kind of irregular.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

You meet my criteria.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 5:18:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#36]
I think I'm gonna get a TLR-1.  It just seems to make sense.  As far as the eotech vs aimpoint, I have always come to the conclusion I want a compact ACOG.  But affording one is the other issue.......

I'm wondering if the HL is needed or even wanted.  I have a laser I might want to use along with it, plus if I ever get a RDS, I'm not sure the extra lumens is wanted......
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

I'm interested if that's cool
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#38]

You meet my criteria.
View All Quotes

You meet my criteria.

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 5:43:20 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

New or used?
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 5:47:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CloneDiseased] [#40]

View Quote
I'm so glad MILSPEC likes me ...I needs some SF4P in muh life

EDIT:  <<crickets >> FML
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#41]

New or used?
View All Quotes

New or used?

This
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#42]
I think I'm gonna get a TLR-1.  It just seems to make sense.  As far as the eotech vs aimpoint, I have always come to the conclusion I want a compact ACOG.  But affording one is the other issue.......

I'm wondering if the HL is needed or even wanted.  I have a laser I might want to use along with it, plus if I ever get a RDS, I'm not sure the extra lumens is wanted......
View Quote

Can also get a different back plate for the TLR to accept tape switches. Did you explore the M3X led option?

I use to run one back in the day (early last year)

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:38:29 PM EDT
[#43]

and

b) Make an FDE version.
View All Quotes

and

b) Make an FDE version.
Put an o-ring over the silver part. I've also used Birchwood Casey aluminum black to murder out a whole TLR-1 to good effect.

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#44]

New or used?
View All Quotes

New or used?

You fercereal? New in package w/ shims and the whole 9 yds....or better yet, the whole 9 meters.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
Get the HL!

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:45:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AstraPat] [#46]

You fercereal? New in package w/ shims and the whole 9 yds....or better yet, the whole 9 meters.
View All Quotes

New or used?

Aaawwww honey, I guess I'm down for one (if I'm on your gang bang list)

Edit. Fuuuck.. I did have a NT4 fund building. That's the can I really want. However, this could persuade me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Just got the call my Form 4 came in on my factory DD MK18. On the way to pick it up!
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#48]
How many of these are you talking about?
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#49]

Can also get a different back plate for the TLR to accept tape switches. Did you explore the M3X led option?

http://i.imgur.com/kKtNSvo.png
View All Quotes

The M3X LED looks awesome on a clone but the light output is fucking pathetic compared to the TLR-1 HL and costs twice as much. I'll post up some pics soon.

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#50]
The M3X LED looks awesome on a clone but the light output is fucking pathetic compared to the TLR-1 HL and costs twice as much. I'll post up some pics soon.  
View All Quotes

I sadly agree 100%
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 519 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top