Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 521 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:50:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:
I would agree with you but in regards to the SF4P's, they weren't just selling for a fraction of the price a week earlier.  Paying a mark up for something that isn't even available anywhere is at least in my opinion different than just flipping merchandise to make a quick profit.  I found a stash of PRI Gas Busters for $60 and hooked up 10 members in here at cost, and didn't make a cent for my troubles.  I could have just bought them all, and listed them for $75 in EE but I'm not interested in squeezing the turnip truck dry.  Meeting and sharing similar interests with fellow gun enthusiasts is what I'm about.  I'm a firm believer in karma too, and what goes around comes around.  
View Quote

Was extremely cool of you to do as well. Stuff like what you did is partially what makes me keep coming back to this site/wanting to associate with you guys.

Some very generous people here that actually have a soul. The clone threads have done a complete 180 from when I first joined this site. It used to be an uptight pinner fuck punk bitch convention, up in this bitch.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]

I would agree with you but in regards to the SF4P's, they weren't just selling for a fraction of the price a week earlier.  Paying a mark up for something that isn't even available anywhere is at least in my opinion different than just flipping merchandise to make a quick profit.  I found a stash of PRI Gas Busters for $60 and hooked up 10 members in here at cost, and didn't make a cent for my troubles.  I could have just bought them all, and listed them for $75 in EE but I'm not interested in squeezing the turnip truck dry.  Meeting and sharing similar interests with fellow gun enthusiasts is what I'm about.  I'm a firm believer in karma too, and what goes around comes around.  
View Quote
Well I like turnip juice I guess. I've sent free stuff to members more than once, and I've received free stuff from other members.

I've also had offers on stuff I'm not selling for 2x what I paid for it. Would I be fucking them over if I said yes? Should I sell it for less than they offered? I bought an FDE M4A1 FSP a while ago on eBay for $200 because the seller didn't put FDE in the title and the pictures were shitty. Should I have offered him more?

Sometimes you catch a great deal, sometimes you pay more than you would have a week ago.

If you buy a house when the market is down do you sell it for the same price when the market is up? If you're military or LEO and get a discount on something should you sell it for less than you paid?

I quit my job a few years ago and lived by buying things in Craigslist, the EE, and eBay, and reselling them. Sometimes I refurbished them, but most of the time I took better pictures with better lighting and had a complete, thorough description. I was able to pay all my bills and take a vacation to the Philippines before getting another job. Was I fucking over all the people that bought shit from me? It's not like I misled anyone. I just did a better job marketing.

If you didn't get the Brownell's deal, and they are now sold out, should you expect to pay the same price when they are no longer available anywhere? The retail price on DD's website is $440. Are they not worth that, in your opinion?

Noveske recently sold a bunch of MK18 RIS II rails for $300. If anyone is charging more than that, are they ripping people off? I've seen those very same rails selling for $450 or more in the EE.

As consumers we all have the same resources to do research and make choices about purchases. Anyone could have bought those FSP rails, but not everyone spends half their life on this forum to get the heads up and not everyone had the cash around at the right time. I happen to meet both those criteria

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:

Well I like turnip juice I guess. I've sent free stuff to members more than once, and I've received free stuff from other members.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Lies!
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:12:44 PM EDT
[#5]

<3

Canadians?
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
Lies!
View All Quotes

Lies!
No more turnips for you motherfucker!

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:16:47 PM EDT
[#7]
<3  

Canadians?
View All Quotes
<3  

Canadians?

Caption:

"Members of 43 Commando Fleet Protection Group Royal Marines train using L119A1 carbines fitted with a CQB upper receiver."
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#8]
mmmm.....turnips
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Caption:

"Members of 43 Commando Fleet Protection Group Royal Marines train using L119A1 carbines fitted with a CQB upper receiver."
View All Quotes

<3  

Canadians?

Caption:

Brits. That's a really nice carbine set up. Might have to get me one.

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#10]

http://www.eliteukforces.info/gallery/royal-marines-commando/43-commando.php

View All Quotes
<3  

Canadians?

Caption:

Beat me to it.  I got mine from the Wikipedia.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Canada_C7_rifle
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:26:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:27:35 PM EDT
[#12]

I spy a magwell grip?  
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Larue mount on the Brits kit?
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:27:57 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes
<3  

Canadians?

Caption:

Yep. FPGRM runs their SF Support Selection.

That's all I know about them from my limited interaction with the Brits at the JSFCC while I was deployed. We went there to do our quals. They had a fucking sweet gym set up. I was totes jelly.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:29:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Hell of a way t strap down the beret...
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:33:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Larue mount on the Brits kit?
View Quote
Sure looks like it.

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:36:19 PM EDT
[#18]

That's all I know about them from my limited interaction with the Brits at the JSFCC while I was deployed. We went there to do our quals. They had a fucking sweet gym set up. I was totes jelly.
View All Quotes

<3  

Canadians?

Caption:

Shit I just bought a Bowflex on Craigslist, I'd be totes magotes jelly of any gym set up.

I went from 160 to 185 in two years, and it ain't muscle gains. Time to start watching the intake and producing more peak output, candela style.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:39:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:45:06 PM EDT
[#21]
http://i.imgur.com/JuZwWpt.jpg
View Quote

It's so weird to see the newest accoutrements on those rifles.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:52:08 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

I kinda dig it. I'm torn between getting a Colt socom bbl I have sitting around and get it cut down and doing a build like that or trying to find a mk18 ris ii as I already have the bbl. Too broke right now either way though.

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:53:08 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Is that a fold down KAC fsb?
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:54:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Interesting folding fronts, too. Anybody know what one they're using? Great pics, guys.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:57:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:59:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:03:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By chenault:
View All Quotes

Colt Canada/Diemaco C8 CQB I believe.

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:04:29 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes

Too bad, the KAC one is a sexy beast
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:04:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

I hope nobody buys a single one. Post it in the M4A1 thread as well. I can't fucking stand people that do that shit here.

Ebay it's whatever, but for some reason it bothers me when done on this EE.
View All Quotes
Well, that didn't take long

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_22/1472777_Daniel_Defense_RIS_II_FSP_Rails.html

I hope nobody buys a single one. Post it in the M4A1 thread as well. I can't fucking stand people that do that shit here.

I bought 3, 2 for cutting down and one for the full length. If I did sell one here, I wouldn't make any money on it. Heck, I sold smb980 a new taupe KAC front sight for 150. I'm like a bunch of you guys, I dig this community and would rather help it out than exploit it. And, the linked one above isn't the only one on the EE.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#31]

I can get you guys a new in box tan su-231 for $560.00 plus tax/shipping........let me know I will hook it up!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sbye:
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
Originally Posted By Jax_Guns:
Is a black SU marked Eotech legit on a Block II CQBR? I know black EXPSs have been spotted but don't recall about the 553s.

Yes

It is, but I would get the tan if possible. I have a black 553 and I'm looking to get a tan one lol

I can get you guys a new in box tan su-231 for $560.00 plus tax/shipping........let me know I will hook it up!

Damn this thread is moving fast today!

Thanks for the offer Cheese! I would take you up on that, but I am about to buy a SOCOM RC.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:39:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Hell yeah, thanks for posting all the brit 10"ers. Would love this thread to be focused on those as well.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:44:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:

I bought 3, 2 for cutting down and one for the full length. If I did sell one here, I wouldn't make any money on it. Heck, I sold smb980 a new taupe KAC front sight for 150. I'm like a bunch of you guys, I dig this community and would rather help it out than exploit it. And, the linked one above isn't the only one on the EE.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:
Well, that didn't take long

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_22/1472777_Daniel_Defense_RIS_II_FSP_Rails.html

If anyone in this thread missed out and is looking for a FSP to cut down or just need one let me know. I tried canceling my order with brownells after realizing I didn't need it but their CS was pretty shitty. Just looking to get what I paid. Sorry not trying to turn this into an ad just thought I'd help anyone out who missed the deal.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:47:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
Hell yeah, thanks for posting all the brit 10"ers. Would love this thread to be focused on those as well.
View Quote

Loves me some L119A1 as well.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:49:31 PM EDT
[#35]
I would enjoy a PEQ 2. Few clone guns could use one.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 12:21:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
View Quote

I finally found  home for one...

But I much prefer the look of the ATPIAL.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 12:27:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By H1H0AG:

<a href="http://s484.photobucket.com/user/h1h0ag/media/1_zpsmcjawlbu.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr201/h1h0ag/1_zpsmcjawlbu.jpg</a>

View All Quotes

<a href="http://s484.photobucket.com/user/h1h0ag/media/1_zpsmcjawlbu.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr201/h1h0ag/1_zpsmcjawlbu.jpg</a>

Have I told you lately that I need a foretrex?

The PEQ-2 is an icon in my book, and would match with my Block 1 CQBR/552 like peanut butter and mayonaise. Or I mean.....like jack daniels and distilled vinegar...errrr.....yea.

I need a new fucking jerb! I should become a PMC.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 12:29:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#38]

The PEQ-2 is an icon in my book, and would match with my Block 1 CQBR/552 like peanut butter and mayonaise. Or I mean.....like jack daniels and distilled vinegar...errrr.....yea.

View All Quotes

I've been in the process. Not to become a PMC, but a gov contractor.

I need that sweet sweet money.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 12:38:00 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Me too bro. If another war/this war picks back up, I'm not turning down that money.

I was too young when OIF/the Blackwater craze started, but if it happens again soon, I'm on it like distilled vinegar on a deodorant stick.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 12:48:29 AM EDT
[#40]

Me too bro. If another war/this war picks back up, I'm not turning down that money.

I was too young when OIF/the Blackwater craze started, but if it happens again soon, I'm on it like distilled vinegar on a deodorant stick.
View All Quotes

Your fucking turns of phrase need work.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 12:49:06 AM EDT
[#41]

Yeah, it is for me. I'd be lying, (and you would be if you didn't agree) that no matter how much we choose one item over another based on function, aesthetics plays a small part in nearly all durable items.

The silver ring on the TLR-1/2 series is one of my very few cosmetic hang ups. Sorry to have offended your sensibilities.

Sharpie or Krylon wouldn't hold up to going into and coming out of a duty holster multiple times a day. Which is the only reason my lone TLR-1 remains unmolested.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JJREA:
I did a small search and they seemed expensive (m3X) Are they not making them anymore?  Midway shows them as "discontinued".  

I saw that you can do the tape switch with the TLR-1, although I'm not sure I want to go that route. At least you have the option to though.  

As far as the silver ring...  I mean REALLY?  It's a deal breaker?  I don't think it's something a sharpie or some krylon can't fix.

Yeah, it is for me. I'd be lying, (and you would be if you didn't agree) that no matter how much we choose one item over another based on function, aesthetics plays a small part in nearly all durable items.

The silver ring on the TLR-1/2 series is one of my very few cosmetic hang ups. Sorry to have offended your sensibilities.

Sharpie or Krylon wouldn't hold up to going into and coming out of a duty holster multiple times a day. Which is the only reason my lone TLR-1 remains unmolested.

I get ya.  You sold me on your reasoning.  Now I hate it.  LOL.  JK.  I'm too cheap to hate it because it seems like it's the best bang for your buck out there.  And the penny pinching gene mutation I seemed to have gotten from my Dad's side of the family tells me to care more about price than looks.  But that being said, the only reason I follow this thread is because I think these are the best looking AR builds there is.  There is just something right about the shorter barrel on an AR.  And in particular the Block II's.  Well and the humor.  

And at least the canucks know what stock to use.........  
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 12:52:17 AM EDT
[#42]

I get ya.  You sold me on your reasoning.  Now I hate it.  LOL.  JK.  I'm too cheap to hate it because it seems like it's the best bang for your buck out there.  And the penny pinching gene mutation I seemed to have gotten from my Dad's side of the family tells me to care more about price than looks.  But that being said, the only reason I follow this thread is because I think these are the best looking AR builds there is.  There is just something right about the shorter barrel on an AR.  And in particular the Block II's.  Well and the humor.  

View All Quotes
I did a small search and they seemed expensive (m3X) Are they not making them anymore?  Midway shows them as "discontinued".  

I saw that you can do the tape switch with the TLR-1, although I'm not sure I want to go that route. At least you have the option to though.  

As far as the silver ring...  I mean REALLY?  It's a deal breaker?  I don't think it's something a sharpie or some krylon can't fix.

Like I said- from a utilitarian perspective it works well. I just don't like the look for whatever reason. It's one of a very small amount of things that get on my nerves lol. Why? Why the silver ring?!
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 12:54:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#43]

Like I said- from a utilitarian perspective it works well. I just don't like the look for whatever reason. It's one of a very small amount of things that get on my nerves lol. Why? Why the silver ring?!
View All Quotes

Kind of like the gold ring on the leupy's.  Well the "hunting" ones.....  I don't really like that either.  But I have one on my recce.....   More of that too cheap to buy an expensive optic, so I got one that seems to be decent quality and works, but no way do I feel I could afford a Mk4, or whatever was the hot one back then.  I might have to someday afford an ACOG though.......
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 12:56:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Your fucking turns of phrase need work.
View Quote

Your fucking term descriptions need work bitch tits.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 12:58:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Is a black SU marked Eotech legit on a Block II CQBR? I know black EXPSs have been spotted but don't recall about the 553s.
View Quote

Yes.  Many issue black 553s.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 12:59:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

You're trying to get me fired up again, aren't you?

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 1:04:43 AM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes

Lies!

Catching up on the thread before bed and saw this. Spewed some chew on my iPad
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 1:32:20 AM EDT
[#48]

You fercereal? New in package w/ shims and the whole 9 yds....or better yet, the whole 9 meters.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
Alright boys, I have a line on SF4P's in the $300 range. (Not mine)

If you're one of the regulars/people I like, I gotchu.

New or used?

You fercereal? New in package w/ shims and the whole 9 yds....or better yet, the whole 9 meters.

Just woke up. Check your PM
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 1:37:10 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes
Alright boys, I have a line on SF4P's in the $300 range. (Not mine)

If you're one of the regulars/people I like, I gotchu.

New or used?

Awww...you mean I gotta hook YOU up? Jk.

On it brotha.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 1:50:24 AM EDT
[#50]

A2 on upside down? How's come?
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 521 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top