Page / 1573
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:10:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
Originally Posted By NickOTime:
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
To clarify, that rear sight is definitely clone correct. They're a contract sight for USMC and show up on SOCOM Guns quite often. Front sight is not for clone tho.

Shhhh..... they might be stolen.

ETA:  Are both the 300m and 600m clone correct(newer versions)?  It's been a while since I've visited the MK18 thread.  
Just wanting some inspiration, but not doing a clone.

The only micro sight that is correct is the 200-600. Those are USMC issued/marked.

Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
I was offered a trade on ebay for my m300c for his KAC sights + his cash. I don't know dick about KAC sights so I was hoping you guys could help.
He doesn't have a part number and says its a 300m rear. Assume they're used in good condition...
Any help is appreciated
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/loMAAOSwwbdWPTEy/$_122.JPG?set_id=880000500F

You want these...

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj3/roadblockxl/Block%20II%20M4-A1/IMG_20120724_202531.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj3/roadblockxl/Block%20II%20M4-A1/IMG_20120724_202338.jpg

Man I wish KAC didn't change the color tone on their Taupe sight...  

" />

Your rear looks different than mine....
" />
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:13:53 AM EDT
[#2]
The 300m is definitely more suited for the CQBR. It's faster and has less functionality. Set it and forget it. Let the longer barreled Block IIs worry about dialing in range for BUIS sniper shots.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:18:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree with GersonB90 about that sight looking weird... and I have about 6 KAC rear sights of different variations and all have a small dot directly under the rear aperature, possibly from the manufacturing process.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:52:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Remember the 300m KAC sight was issued to under the SOPMOD program at the very beginning.  So, any old sights could  be found and used by the units.  Right now the 600m KAC rear sight is issued (that's whats in my parts bin).

CD
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 1:07:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Is the Elcan worth 1000 bucks more than an ACOG?

I feel I will never be satisfied when you compromise and don't get what you initially wanted(if that makes sense)
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 2:04:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jBoy723] [#6]
Originally Posted By GersonB90:

http:// <a href=http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o750/GersonB9p/Mobile%20Uploads/20151106_215916_zpshxxambkm.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

USMC marked 600m KAC rear sights are stolen MIL property. This is another subject that has been beaten to death just like the gas port debate. This is the latest thread but, there have been many more prior to it asking the same thing and getting the same answer every time.

KAC BUIS Thread

ETA: Just noticed that you were the one that started the latest thread and was unaware when you purchased them.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 2:16:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm having my dealer cancel the currently pending form 4 on my FDE QDSS NT4 can. Gonna go with another SOCOM can instead.

Anyways, just an initial heads up in here first as I know those cans are fairly tough to find.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 4:55:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#8]

http:// <a href=http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o750/GersonB9p/Mobile%20Uploads/20151106_220104_zpstak2zcng.jpg</a>" />

http:// <a href=http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o750/GersonB9p/Mobile%20Uploads/20151106_215916_zpshxxambkm.jpg</a>" />
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
http:// <a href=http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o750/GersonB9p/Mobile%20Uploads/20151106_220104_zpstak2zcng.jpg</a>" />

Correct. I have one of the really old school USMC KAC rear sights, one of early first batches. You have the more common version.
Per KevinB
Early
version of the sight provided to the USMC back when we lazed the USMC
on instead of made into the base on the current delivery items  
Kevin S. Boland

Director of Military Operations @ Knights Armament

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
SF charges something like $600 for a rebuild.  
View Quote

Did you have to send your can in for a rebuild?
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 8:50:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

I'm having my dealer cancel the currently pending form 4 on my FDE QDSS NT4 can. Gonna go with another SOCOM can instead.

Anyways, just an initial heads up in here first as I know those cans are fairly tough to find.
View Quote
Noooooooooooooooo! That FSP Block II with KAC can was tip-top. Tip-top.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 8:56:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By CloneDiseased:

View All Quotes

Yeah dude, you're fucking nuts. I would LOVE to have a KAC corncob.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 9:12:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Minor improvements

Still waiting on my SOCOM on F4 and looking for an NT4

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 9:47:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By drewQ22:

I feel I will never be satisfied when you compromise and don't get what you initially wanted(if that makes sense)
View Quote

I too wanted an Elcan, and have only shot through 1 for about 4 whole rounds.

I dont think its cost effective for me. This was my first clone attempt and I've come up short on a few items. optics being one of them. I have an Eotech 516 on mine right now. If I change the optic it will either be to a 553 (if I can find one when my budget allows), and EXPS3-0, or an ACOG.

I'll never get 1200.00 worth of use out of an ACOG and will more than likely not push it to its range limits, let alone dropping 2k on an Elcan for the same purpose. I'll ust live out my days admiring all the guys' optics on here and shoot through them whenever the opportunity presents itself.

If you're using the rifle for LEO duty or someething along those lines, then it may be cost effective for you.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

View All Quotes

Agreed....even though I went all in by pinning both my PR and B2 with SF3P's.  Corn cob is the best cob!
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 10:08:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stoner25mkiv] [#15]

View Quote

I liked my first one enough that I now have two..........although the second one is "moar correct" than my first.
EDIT:  I guess I didn't answer your question.  Are they worth 1K more?.........hell no.    "worth" is a worthless criteria though.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 10:20:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Stoner25mkiv:
I liked my first one enough that I now have two..........although the second one is "moar correct" than my first.
EDIT:  I guess I didn't answer your question.  Are they worth 1K more?.........hell no.    "worth" is a worthless criteria though.
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/T00lmanii/twinscqbr_zpsc9azzkcu.png
View Quote

Excuse me sir... there are too many pins in your lowers.. Please tone down your level of awesome at once.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By MrFrZZ:

I dont think its cost effective for me. This was my first clone attempt and I've come up short on a few items. optics being one of them. I have an Eotech 516 on mine right now. If I change the optic it will either be to a 553 (if I can find one when my budget allows), and EXPS3-0, or an ACOG.

I'll never get 1200.00 worth of use out of an ACOG and will more than likely not push it to its range limits, let alone dropping 2k on an Elcan for the same purpose. I'll ust live out my days admiring all the guys' optics on here and shoot through them whenever the opportunity presents itself.

If you're using the rifle for LEO duty or someething along those lines, then it may be cost effective for you.

Just my .02

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MrFrZZ:

Just my .02

Well I picked up a ta33 not too long ago so I wouldn't want to keep the ta33 if I were to get a su231 and g33 since both are 3x. My current optic on the CQBR is a T1.

I really like the ta33 as well, but have still always wanted to get an Elcan and finally got to shoot one of the 1.5-6x ones on a buddy's scar. It's hard to swallow that much coin and just don't know if the juice is worth the squeeze. Guess I could always sell it if I needed to maybe.  

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:37:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#19]
I think you have to click on the links because I'm a post or two short of 50, and I think that means they won't show up.

Btw, I've got a Magpul UBR stock, and a Magpul ACS stock in the mail. The Vltor one I have now, and the CAR Model 1 (I think that's what it's called) both can get my beard hair stuck in the little grooves on the Vltor and where the CAR stock ends and meets the buffer tube. I also have two Magpul extended magazine releases as well. Why not right?

</a>PSX_20151106_140920

</a>PSX_20151106_140647

</a>PSX_20150507_163021

</a>PSX_20150507_163522

Edit: Also, to the guy above me, I was just running nearly that exact same setup just a few days ago, until I switched back to my ACOG. I figured I'd put the Elcan on my 16 inch.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:11:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#20]

That rifle is sick as fuck.

Side note, who wants to sell me an LMT Gen 1 in FDE btw?

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Lol, brah, they're hard to get ahold of without paying big monies. Trust me, I've got something stupid in the works  
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Does this mean yes I should fo on an Elcan?

Also, what offset mount are you using for your mini scout? I got a gear sector one but it won't work cause it touches the side of the KAC front sight.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 1:55:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wormydog1987] [#23]

Also, what offset mount are you using for your mini scout? I got a gear sector one but it won't work cause it touches the side of the KAC front sight.
View All Quotes

I used gear sector for a long time just fine but won a Haley strategic mount on Facebook so I use that now. Both are solid.

I sold the elcan and went back to the EXPS. Sold the EXPS and now I'm back to the T-1 and 3x magnifier. I can never make up my mind.

For me, the elcan wasn't worth it. If I wanted magnification I would just grab one of my 16" guns with an optic. The do-all gun for me isn't the cqbr but it is fun.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 1:56:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Lol, brah, they're hard to get ahold of without paying big monies. Trust me, I've got something stupid in the works  
View All Quotes

You can find them, but yeah, for some reason they command a bigger price tag than black jenn juans.  I did snag a black one last week for a sweet price for my cqbr B1.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:
You can find them, but yeah, for some reason they command a bigger price tag than black jenn juans.  I did snag a black one last week for a sweet price for my cqbr B1.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:

You get an LMT or B5? I got a cheap B5 recently and sandpapered the shit out of it....fits the receiver extension right now
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 2:20:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#26]

View All Quotes

It is pretty sweet. This is as close as I can get right now. It's actually pretty light as well. I guess I could have put a similar offset light that I have on my other upper, but I didn't feel like taking it off.

This first one's from a while ago:

</a>20150226_180120 by Alex Legore, on Flickr" />

And all the rest are from today, just messing around.

</a>PSX_20151107_125551 by Alex Legore, on Flickr" />

PSX_20151107_130550 by Alex Legore, on Flickr

PSX_20151107_130025 by Alex Legore, on Flickr

Can't wait until the ACS and UBR buttstocks get here. I'm not really a fan of that Vltor anymore.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#27]

I don't think that's correct. You see more 300m rears than the 200-600m version.

Come the think of it,  I think a lot of CQBR uppers came without rear BUIS. Augee had a lengthy comment (imagine that) on it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NickOTime:
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
To clarify, that rear sight is definitely clone correct. They're a contract sight for USMC and show up on SOCOM Guns quite often. Front sight is not for clone tho.

Shhhh..... they might be stolen.

ETA:  Are both the 300m and 600m clone correct(newer versions)?  It's been a while since I've visited the MK18 thread.  
Just wanting some inspiration, but not doing a clone.

The only micro sight that is correct is the 200-600. Those are USMC issued/marked.

I don't think that's correct. You see more 300m rears than the 200-600m version.

Come the think of it,  I think a lot of CQBR uppers came without rear BUIS. Augee had a lengthy comment (imagine that) on it.

You are correct brotha. Both the 2-6 and 300 are in use. But that front sight isn't
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#28]

I mean I kiiinda get it, but after having shot suppressed, I can tell you there ain't NO going back for me. Can't really imagine a fork reducing much of the muzzle blast from a 10.3" shorty anyways. [shrug]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

It was J Parish, and it really wasn't beat to shit. In fact, it looks like a bullet knicked the first baffle more than anything. My SF can is between 8-12K rounds and it looks fine.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/576/21676911551_1df47d61bd_b.jpg

Link

JParish posting SF Can:
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y322/_MacGyver-/Canwear_zps0b47e0f7.jpg

That to me doesn't look like wear, but more of a strike. Regardless, I have my can and my evidence but people choose to overlook it. I'll let people keep posting speculation and "heard this" as their proof I guess.

10-4, just curious why the .mil insisted on pronged tuning-fork FHs over brakes, especially if it would aid in lengthening the lifetime of pricey suppressors.

Because they're not dedicated suppressed, it's mission dependent whether a can is run or not, and running a brake without a can would be retarded in a war zone.

I mean I kiiinda get it, but after having shot suppressed, I can tell you there ain't NO going back for me. Can't really imagine a fork reducing much of the muzzle blast from a 10.3" shorty anyways. [shrug]

On a 10.3 a brake would be all bad for many reasons if it's not dedicated suppressed. The muzzle flash is ginormous for one thing, it would give away all of their positions, and of course it's louder, which is a bad idea as far as enemy hearing it and ringing your teammates' bells. The dust signature from shooting would be enormous, it's just bad for business.

The tuning fork flash hiders work wonders for all of the above (249F/SF4P) and the SF4P can still host a can, which is muy bueno compared to a brake on a non dedicated suppressed 10.3 in a war zone.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 2:47:25 PM EDT
[#29]

On a 10.3 a brake would be all bad for many reasons if it's not dedicated suppressed. The muzzle flash is ginormous for one thing, it would give away all of their positions, and of course it's louder, which is a bad idea as far as enemy hearing it and ringing your teammates' bells. The dust signature from shooting would be enormous, it's just bad for business.

The tuning fork flash hiders work wonders for all of the above (249F/SF4P) and the SF4P can still host a can, which is muy bueno compared to a brake on a non dedicated suppressed 10.3 in a war zone.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

It was J Parish, and it really wasn't beat to shit. In fact, it looks like a bullet knicked the first baffle more than anything. My SF can is between 8-12K rounds and it looks fine.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/576/21676911551_1df47d61bd_b.jpg

Link

JParish posting SF Can:

http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y322/_MacGyver-/Canwear_zps0b47e0f7.jpg

That to me doesn't look like wear, but more of a strike. Regardless, I have my can and my evidence but people choose to overlook it. I'll let people keep posting speculation and "heard this" as their proof I guess.

10-4, just curious why the .mil insisted on pronged tuning-fork FHs over brakes, especially if it would aid in lengthening the lifetime of pricey suppressors.

Because they're not dedicated suppressed, it's mission dependent whether a can is run or not, and running a brake without a can would be retarded in a war zone.

True, I get it. But if I'm rolling up on-target, I'm suppressed 110% of the time.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 3:04:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ninjasteezify] [#30]
Uhhh....I think A brand new Surefire 4 prong just went in the EE for $85 shipped.......
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 3:07:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevieJ309] [#31]
Originally Posted By ninjasteezify:
Uhhh....I think A brand new Surefire 4 prong just went in the EE for $85 shipped.......
View Quote

Just came here to post that. I always miss out on the good deals by minutes.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 3:07:45 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Seller done fucked up!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_22/1486550_FS__Surefire_FH____85.html
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

I usually do too
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 3:22:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By GripnAK47s:

I usually do too
View All Quotes

I usually do too

You got lucky my friend. I've seen a lot of these sell, but I've never seen one sell under 100. They sell for 3-4 times that.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 3:41:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#35]
Yeah I didn't figure it would be cheap, for an LMT Gen 1 in FDE that is.

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 3:54:43 PM EDT
[#36]
What the fuck
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#37]
#WTF
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 4:18:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Seller done fucked up!

View All Quotes

Seller done fucked up!

thats how much ive paid for my last 3....
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:

Seller done fucked up!

If this is the case, then 1) I hate your face, and 2) you best IM me with source details Ricky-tick!
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Dont feel too bad guys. Someone here tattled and the guy refunded the money.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

I'll have to remember never to deal with that guy then.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Wow.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Yea, bummer. Id say that is a welch, posted accordingly.

Everyone had the same chance I did
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

Wow.
View All Quotes

Wow.

That's bullshit... so is he just going to repost it for more now?
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#45]

Wow.
View All Quotes

Wow.

I figured somebody would do something shitty like that.  Now to see if he'll trade his name for a little cash.  

This is why you almost can't post things like this in public, some piece of shit always fucks it up.

On topic - got my Mk18 clone done-ish.

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By sbye:

View All Quotes

Wow.

EE rules say he'll be banned for welching if he doesn't follow through.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Ban him..
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By sweatpants:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sweatpants:

Wow.

Good. A deal is a deal. It's not GripnAK47s fault that the other guy is too stupid to do some research before listing it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

I was hoping no one actually tattled and he just did some research after it "sold" (I'm sure the guy got a lot of IM's asking if he had more), but I just saw your thread in the EE... I almost can't believe someone in here would do that.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#50]

I was hoping no one actually tattled and he just did some research after it "sold" (I'm sure the guy got a lot of IM's asking if he had more), but I just saw your thread in the EE... I almost can't believe someone in here would do that.
View All Quotes

I hope that is the case. Hopefully there isn't anyone in here like that
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 591 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top