Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2024 2:05:55 PM EDT
I have a TA31f I've been considering mating with a top dot.  I have a Holoson EPS on a G19 that I love and wouldn't mind getting another for the ACOG.  Problem is all my research is leading me to believe I will need to use an adapter plate to attach it to the piece of aluminum which screws into the ACOG.

I have to use an adapter the mount my EPS onto my Glocks MOS footprint, and it has admittedly never given me any grief, but I was really hoping to avoid this with the ACOG.

Anybody know of a company which produces the mounts you attach to the top of the ACOG that are engineered to directly accept the Holosun EPS footprint?

Or should I just get a damn RMR

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#1]
No direct mounts that I’m aware of.

The EPS (not the EPS Carry) comes with the RMR adapter plate in the box, works great with the Acog RMR mount and is a clean install IMO.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 2:50:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: s4s4u] [#2]
There are several red dots that fit the RMR standard

Footprints/Mounting Standards
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Drifting:  I did the dot on top of ACOG for some time and grew to hate the change in head position.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, just use RMR, or 508. EPS is not giving some significant advantage as a piggyback.

Worth noting, when using a piggyback, you can either tilt the rifle about 45 degrees to pick up the dot with your left eye, without moving head placement, or raise head straight up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I consider the piggyback on an ACOG as secondary or backup sight. I just run a 407C. They can be found pretty cheap on sale.

I use the ACOG for everything about 25 yards and out. Anything closer in is just about point shooting with the piggy back as a confirmation.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Hated it. The top mount would be too high or I have to crunch my head down for the acog. Only solution was a VCOG on a cog mount ontop of a .875 riser
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top