Page / 127
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 5:18:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MS556] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:
Team Lilja

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49362124647_4ff0d569b8_b.jpg
View Quote
Breathtaking!  Thanks for sharing. Spooky accurate that Lilja M4 Navy Recce profile.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone in here still have there NSW?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
View Quote
I don’t think I’ll be getting rid of mines anytime soon.. Prolly sit in the safe like the MK12 Mod 1 collecting dust
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:

I don’t think I’ll be getting rid of mines anytime soon.. Prolly sit in the safe like the MK12 Mod 1 collecting dust
View Quote
Everyone started jumping ship all of a sudden....lol. No plans on getting rid of mine either. Just wondering who was left...
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Waiting for a couple parts to arrive so I can ship it all to D.Wilson for the chop job and mine will be done. I'm really interested to see how it handles compared to my Mod 0.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Still building mine
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:52:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Just need a MRE. Wife went private practice so until insurance starts paying out were on one salary so builds have all but halted. Only been making progress through trades. I'm seriously considering ditching the Mod 1 to only focus my efforts on the NSW and M4A1.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CMCctx:
Just need a MRE. Wife went private practice so until insurance starts paying out were on one salary so builds have all but halted. Only been making progress through trades. I'm seriously considering ditching the Mod 1 to only focus my efforts on the NSW and M4A1.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Y'all think it's funny to play with my emotions? EE listing inbound for a trade for my Mod 1 stuffs for an MRE. See if I get any bites
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 8:04:33 AM EDT
[#11]
This is easily my favorite rifle. Took it out to 700 yards easily the other day. Recently added some finishing touches like the KAC lo-pro peq mount and podlock. Nice change up from my block 2 stuff.

Link Posted: 1/16/2020 10:40:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dobs013] [#12]
Originally Posted By VeganCrossfitter:
This is easily my favorite rifle. Took it out to 700 yards easily the other day. Recently added some finishing touches like the KAC lo-pro peq mount and podlock. Nice change up from my block 2 stuff.

https://i.imgur.com/Hoz9fcy.jpg
View Quote
That mre is !!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Who doesn't love a gangsta gripped MRE.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 12:02:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By VeganCrossfitter:

https://i.imgur.com/Hoz9fcy.jpg
View Quote
Nice rifle! What height are those rings? If I go with the old school Leupy then this was the setup I was considering, but wasn't sure about ring height on top of the LaRue 5/8" riser
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 12:39:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VeganCrossfitter] [#15]
Originally Posted By CMCctx:

Nice rifle! What height are those rings? If I go with the old school Leupy then this was the setup I was considering, but wasn't sure about ring height on top of the LaRue 5/8" riser
View Quote
The Larue rings are 1.28 height so with the 5/8 riser, it's sitting at 1.905. It's a very comfortable height to shoot with.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quick question, will the Badger MK12 gas block fit under the KAC rail?
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 10:30:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 03CR:
Quick question, will the Badger MK12 gas block fit under the KAC rail?
View Quote
It does, however, for some reason the last 2 I have used have been canted slightly when installed. It still functions normally but it has a slight cant. And that was with a lilja barrel with a flat milled in it and a CLE barrel with dimples. But it fits under the rail just fine.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 10:45:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Interesting. Thanks for the reply!
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:07:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Trying to add a little color to break up the black a little. Not a period correct light to the rifle but I got a super good deal on it.

Link Posted: 1/20/2020 8:24:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#20]
Mannnn the more I spend time in this darn thread I kinda want to trade my LT104 for NF A203 or Arms 22H
View Quote
Just to rehash for guys getting into the seal/recces....

NFA107 are nice. An uni is nicer-er. I heart mine.

Dobbs, that purple tinge is so lovely.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 10:23:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
Just to rehash for guys getting into the seal/recces....

NFA107 are nice. An uni is nicer-er. I heart mine.

Dobbs, that purple tinge is so lovely.
View Quote
Thanks man! You gotta love OG KAC....
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Gen 1 tan lmt sopmod came in...

Link Posted: 1/21/2020 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Gen 1 tan lmt sopmod came in...

https://i.imgur.com/02xC3gw.jpg
View Quote
I spy with my crossed eye, a Larue in the picture
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 8:02:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dobs013] [#24]

View Quote
Ah the MBT, yeah, it’s a great trigger and I just can’t see dropping the extra coin for the G. I may in the future but no plans as of yet.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 8:09:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSOUNN] [#25]
Ah the MBT, yeah, it’s a great trigger and I just can’t see dropping the extra coin for the G. I may in the future but no plans as of yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Hey it’s ok.. Because I’m also running a MBT on the RECCE lol. Thought I was the only one, now I don’t feel half bad.. What’s the Modle # on that NF UNIMOUNT..??
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Hey it’s ok.. Because I’m also running a MBT on the RECCE lol. Thought I was the only one, now I don’t feel half bad.. What’s the Modle # on that NF UNIMOUNT..??
View Quote
It’s the A192
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 4:30:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Last of the taupe bits came in....now it’s not straight black anymore.

Link Posted: 1/26/2020 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Last of the taupe bits came in....now it’s not straight black anymore.

https://i.imgur.com/MGD5zUU.jpg
View Quote
I like.. Really wish they have a 1.5” UNIMOUNT like the A192 you got there..
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 7:44:23 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
Yeah it’s weird, the extended unimount is only available in one configuration. Idk if it was made by request for a specific end user and then sold commercially or what...
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:25:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSOUNN] [#30]
Yeah it’s weird, the extended unimount is only available in one configuration. Idk if it was made by request for a specific end user and then sold commercially or what...
View All Quotes

Kinda want to snatch one up, but don’t want to be disappointed because it being lower than I normally prefer.. Plus my cheeks probably going to obstruct my view Lowest I’ve ever went with scope mounts was a LT158, even that I got rid of real quick
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:34:49 PM EDT
[#31]
@Infidel4life11

What model eotech ya got there?
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 1:25:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By MidwestRookie:

@Infidel4life11

What model eotech ya got there?
View Quote
511 I sold it a while back.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 2:15:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 8:46:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MS556] [#34]

View Quote
Nothing against the MBT, but if you are running a really, really, accurate sub MOA barrel, the 1.2 lb. second stage of the SSA-E will really help with group size.  Depends on your goals.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:01:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By MS556:
Nothing against the MBT, but if you are running a really, really, accurate sub MOA barrel, the 1.2 lb. second stage of the SSA-E will really help with group size.  Depends on your goals.
View All Quotes

Maybe one of these days I’ll swap the MBT with my other Rig that has the SSA-E, but at the same time I just like how wider the MBT trigger is..
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:07:04 AM EDT
[#36]

Maybe one of these days I’ll swap the MBT with my other Rig that has the SSA-E, but at the same time I just like how wider the MBT trigger is..
View Quote
Try a SDE. I run the SDC on all my builds and the SDE on my precision rig. Nice wide, flat face trigger.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Try a SDE. I run the SDC on all my builds and the SDE on my precision rig. Nice wide, flat face trigger.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Outrider:

There you go,  To think I was done buying gun parts .. Maybe Just maybe I’ll give it a go. Prolly snatch one when it’s on sale..
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:39:10 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
THIS!
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Put some rings, Wilcox mount, and Aimpoint in the EE if anyone is looking.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
Everyone may be dumping theirs, but after seeing yours....man I want to build one! Always been my favorite rifle, though modern MLOK rails make more sense...

But pics like this....man....

Link Posted: 2/2/2020 7:59:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By minion42:

Everyone may be dumping theirs, but after seeing yours....man I want to build one! Always been my favorite rifle, though modern MLOK rails make more sense...

But pics like this....man....

https://i.imgur.com/jAYMYHL.jpg
View Quote
Thanks man! Yeah, I’ve been trying to build this rifle for going on 3.5 years now. I always told myself I wasnt building it unless/until I could get the right parts. Mainly the fh/optic/rail/ring cap. Now that I have it, it’s in the safe next to the mk11 and it’s never going anywhere...
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 9:43:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: minion42] [#43]

Thanks man! Yeah, I’ve been trying to build this rifle for going on 3.5 years now. I always told myself I wasnt building it unless/until I could get the right parts. Mainly the fh/optic/rail/ring cap. Now that I have it, it’s in the safe next to the mk11 and it’s never going anywhere...
View Quote
That's dedication! And clearly it paid off.

I'm surprised some of those parts are hard to get now. When I built this 3 years ago nothing was particularly hard to get, except maybe the Wilcox mount. Wish I'd never sold it.

Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By minion42:

That's dedication! And clearly it paid off.

I'm surprised some of those parts are hard to get now. When I built this 3 years ago nothing was particularly hard to get, except maybe the Wilcox mount. Wish I'd never sold it.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49480650131_aebbec8d52_k.jpg
View Quote
I remember that rifle! Most of the stuff is still pretty easy to get. I got OCD about it and found a Titusville marked m4 match ff ras, a mil spec x32 NF, the 249f is the OG unmarked version which is harder to come by these days, an early unmarked scalloped 99051, and then the NF ring cap. If you don’t mind markings and forge marks, most of it can still be purchased new. I think the only discontinued parts at this point are the x32 and the 249f. There’s usually tons of x32’s in the ee and there were a couple unmarked 249f’s floating around recently...
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#45]

I remember that rifle! Most of the stuff is still pretty easy to get. I got OCD about it and found a Titusville marked m4 match ff ras, a mil spec x32 NF, the 249f is the OG unmarked version which is harder to come by these days, an early unmarked scalloped 99051, and then the NF ring cap. If you don’t mind markings and forge marks, most of it can still be purchased new. I think the only discontinued parts at this point are the x32 and the 249f. There’s usually tons of x32’s in the ee and there were a couple unmarked 249f’s floating around recently...
View Quote
Ahhh....gotcha.

Clearly I do not realize the depths of the disease that is rifle cloning.

Surprised you remember that rifle. It was awhile ago!
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 12:09:31 AM EDT
[#46]

From the first page. ID on rings and optic?
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 4:46:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By jawjack:
https://i.imgur.com/D8jzOnk.jpg

From the first page. ID on rings and optic?
View Quote
Old leupold with 1" KAC rings iirc. Check like 20is pages back someone here cloned it.

Not saying its impossible but it is highly improbable you'll find those rings.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 9:24:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By cherokeefan03:

Old leupold with 1" KAC rings iirc. Check like 20is pages back someone here cloned it.

Not saying its impossible but it is highly improbable you'll find those rings.
View Quote
Leupold is a PR model. I had one and sold it. Advance search the EE archives and you'll see it with details. I dont recall the specs on it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 11:36:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M1marty1] [#49]
B. Renner Recce.
Lilja Recce barrel
Knights medium FF
Colt CF upper and bcg
Leupold Vari-X III Tactical 3.5-10 with a Premeir USMC mildot conversion
Knights rings
PSA M4a1 lower
SSA-E
Etc etc
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 1:40:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ICU] [#50]
Originally Posted By 5pt56:

Leupold is a PR model. I had one and sold it.
View Quote
I have one in 4.5-14x40... I really like it. Anybody know the mag range of the one pictured?
Edit. Mine is a Vxlll tactical w/ the black ring.
Page / 127
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top