Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1194
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 12:33:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
You know dude, throw a x32mm on your Mod1 and go fucking shoot. Nobody in here will say shit about it. That's the exact scope I'd have on mine if the 3.5-15x wasn't an option, and hell, it's barely an option. And shit, for a few hundred bucks more, you could pick up an F1 and not even sweat the game. Some things to consider.

The x24s just look SO good on a Mod1, but they just can't be that user-friendly. I've never had the chance to mess with one though, so I have no idea.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Deadsquiggles:

I wanted that to be an NXS 2.5-10x32 on there so badly.
You know dude, throw a x32mm on your Mod1 and go fucking shoot. Nobody in here will say shit about it. That's the exact scope I'd have on mine if the 3.5-15x wasn't an option, and hell, it's barely an option. And shit, for a few hundred bucks more, you could pick up an F1 and not even sweat the game. Some things to consider.

Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:
Am i the only one with no interest in the x24?  2.4mm exit pupil just sounds like hell.
The x24s just look SO good on a Mod1, but they just can't be that user-friendly. I've never had the chance to mess with one though, so I have no idea.
I ran the x24 on my Mod 1 with no issues before upgrading to the 3.5-15 - but when I moved it to the Mod 0 I had eye relief issues due to having to move it so far forward with the Arms 40 rear sight.  Sold it recently and am replacing it with a VariX III for the Mod 0.   But on a Mod 1 or Holland no issues really.  I don't shoot at night though.

Re the 32 - Is that a AWS rifle or Jeff's rifle?  Not sure a Civilian CEO shooting his rifle as an Army Training center demo/tour validates anything :).

But, as stated above (and, on page 1) the 32 has been tagged as a suitable replacement for cloning, since the original 24's are relatively scarce..

Optics & Rings:
In the case of the Leupold 3-9x or 3.5-10x, it's generally okay to go for a non-illuminated version of either, sometimes with M1 or other turrets and reticles. As far as the NightForce scope, the 2.5-10x24mm is not generally released to the public anymore (with one recent exception through Sniper's Hide), so many use the 32mm or even 42mm versions with the #22 High rings. As for the rings, any of the recent produced A.R.M.S. #22s with the lever-stop humps are functionally the same, the desire for non-lever-stops is purely aesthetic when going for the most authentic look. As LaRue LT-104s have been seen in use, it is justifiable to use one depending on whether you have a specific rifle you want to copy, or even just if you absolutely cannot acquire #22 High rings.

Link Posted: 3/20/2018 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By hulkie:
Just posting this to see what buffer/spring combo, if any, helps?

Thanks!
View Quote
I changed my standard carbine buffer weights out to all tungsten. H3 basically. Went from 1:00 to 3:00 with my AEM5 on. It was 4:00 before unsuppressed and the standard carbine weight.

Brad
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 1:25:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I really want to but it would bug me in the back of my mind that it's not all the way correct. I may end up going the F1 route anyway for the extra magnification. I could live with giving up the 2.5x on the on the low end for the 15x on the top. The F1 is FFP too, right?
View All Quotes

Yeah I really want to but it would bug me in the back of my mind that it's not all the way correct. I may end up going the F1 route anyway for the extra magnification. I could live with giving up the 2.5x on the on the low end for the 15x on the top. The F1 is FFP too, right?
Yep, the F1 is FFP. Since going to the big NF, I couldn't imagine going back; no fucking way.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

Plus they confuse everyone with their non-Mk18 Mk18s, non-M4A1 M4A1s and now their non-Mk12 Mk12s.

And they plaster their non-corrrect designation on them as well.

Does DD even ARCOM?
View Quote
Hah, yeah I'll be real: I don't want any silly branding, lasering, or engravings on anything of mine aside from the lowers. Unless it's KAC. Everything else just looks like shit, IMHO. Marketing has gotten outta control in just about every avenue of business; logos on EVERYTHING. Shit's goofy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are not down with Aye Juan...you are WRONG

PRI 80% A1 engraved by the Bman himself. Coated the raw aluminum around the fire control group that was milled out with Brownells Aluma-Hyde flat black. Will give her a fresh coat when the can gets out of jail.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Yep, the F1 is FFP. Since going to the big NF, I couldn't imagine going back; no fucking way.
View Quote
Only complaint about the big NF was how hard that stupid sticker was to peel off

Link Posted: 3/20/2018 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Davey_Sickboy:
https://i.imgur.com/z8yVC85.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/AhISEp5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mKDivuk.jpg
PRI 80% A1 engraved by the Bman himself. Coated the raw aluminum around the fire control group that was milled out with Brownells Aluma-Hyde flat black. Will give her a fresh coat when the can gets out of jail.
View Quote
Damn that’s sexy? Med rings?
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By LowplainsWindage:

Only complaint about the big NF was how hard that stupid sticker was to peel off

https://i.imgur.com/LfTDTqQh.jpg
View Quote
Haha, I seem to recall mine coming off fairly easy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 8:09:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Davey_Sickboy:
https://i.imgur.com/z8yVC85.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/AhISEp5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mKDivuk.jpg
View Quote
That set up is perfect!  Exactly how I like my mod 1'sto look.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 8:33:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Davey_Sickboy] [#10]
Originally Posted By Tyler315:

Damn that’s sexy? Med rings?
View Quote
Many thanks. Negative, High original NLS. Scope wouldn't clear the rear buis if they were med
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm thinking of ditching my entire mod 0, optic included, to do a shorty mod 1 recce.

Does this make me a bad person?
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm thinking of ditching my entire mod 0, optic included, to do a shorty mod 1 recce.

View Quote
How short you going?...
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I do have a photo request if anyone could oblige. Mod 0 with a NXS 2.5-10x32 with either ARMS med or high rings. I’m trying to visualize the scope height that I want, but I’m coming up short in the search for photos meeting that criteria.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 8:50:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void] [#14]
How short you going?...
View All Quotes

How short you going?...
16 for now.

Got my tri rail traded for a ff ras and i have a spare 16" ops cut barrel soooo.....
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#15]

16 for now.

Got my tri rail traded for a ff ras and i have a spare 16" ops cut barrel soooo.....
View Quote
Cut that barrel back to the end of the rail and do it right.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 1:55:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#16]
I do have a photo request if anyone could oblige. Mod 0 with a NXS 2.5-10x32 with either ARMS med or high rings. I'm trying to visualize the scope height that I want, but I'm coming up short in the search for photos meeting
that criteria.
View Quote
For a Mod 0 with ARMS 40 Rear you can use anything, as you won't clear the 40 so will be in front of it no matter what, so you can go as low as your front objective will allow really.  See my pic on top of this page - that's an x24 with A107's (1.125").  ARMS 22M would be similar (1.15") and appropriate for a swan sleeve - 22H's (1.45") *might* clear, so that's what you need to see a pic of... but they would be too high with a sleeve, imo.

If your not using correct 40 rear however, then all above goes out the window :).
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By barrelnutz:
Nice scope.  I talked with these guys this morning, and they claim to be able to "order" the LEU 112633 TS30 A2, for others in Europe:

Optics Trade EU
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By barrelnutz:
Originally Posted By Philipp:
And there it is, the last 2.5-8 Leupold that was available from any dealer in the Eu.
Nice scope.  I talked with these guys this morning, and they claim to be able to "order" the LEU 112633 TS30 A2, for others in Europe:

Optics Trade EU
Mmmmh, when I mailed with them a few weeks back they said they couldn't order one as it is discontinued by Leupold.

Anyway, my Rings just came in and I just tested eye relief and fitment with my Airsoft Block II
I love it! (Luckily the overall length of the Sopmod Stock is the same as an A2)

(The Paracord on the stock is just as a counterweight.)
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Does anyone know of a manufacturer for a fake can that fits on the opcs in collar? I have an AEM 5 for my mk12 but occasionally go shooting with friends out of state. Would like to have something aesthetically pleasing to show off
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 1:28:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mrsaturn7085] [#19]
Am i the only one with no interest in the x24?  2.4mm exit pupil just sounds like hell.
View All Quotes
It's not great... it visibly darkens as you go from about 6ish - 10x; I got mine for clone correctness on a Mk 14 Mod 1 with the fancy CQB/BAC reticle and I keep it cranked to about 4x on a SCAR 17S now that my M14 stuff has all been sold off.

They're user friendly; there are just better scopes for the money.  I don't think there are any other quality options that will hit a full 10x with this short of an overall length though (which allows a PEQ-2A on the top rail on the 18" bbl stuff - sorry Mod H).  Ignoring the reticle, I still prefer the variable 8x TS-30 stuff on a Mk12 and that's what I run now.

The best way I can describe it between the x24 and the TS-30:

x24 has better glass
TS-30 is a better scope

If you want to run a clip-on or a PEQ-2A on the top, this is pretty much what you've got available for options.  You might be able to squeeze a PVS-30 ahead of a 3.5-10 on an 18" variant but I've not tried it myself.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By kbal731:
Does anyone know of a manufacturer for a fake can that fits on the opcs in collar? I have an AEM 5 for my mk12 but occasionally go shooting with friends out of state. Would like to have something aesthetically pleasing to show off
View Quote
You can take your AEM5 across state lines without issue. @HARMS4X is the guy making the faux ones, though.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 2:25:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Philipp:
And there it is, the last 2.5-8 Leupold that was available from any dealer in the Eu.

#22H Rings are incoming as well, this project is going much faster than I thought...
View Quote
#22M if Mod0 build.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
ATF Form 5320

That's if you're taking it into a state that's friendly.

@HARMS4X makes a faux one. Mine should be here soon I hope.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By vanquishings:
You can take your AEM5 across state lines without issue. @HARMS4X is the guy making the faux ones, though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vanquishings:
What he said.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 3:32:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tyler315] [#24]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

What he said.
View Quote
5320's are not required for suppressors.

a. A written request and prior authorization from ATF to transport interstate
or in foreign commerce any destructive device, machinegun, short
barreled rifle, or short-barreled shotgun is required under the provisions
of Section 922 (a)(4), Title 18, U.S.C., and Section 478.28, Title 27,
CFR, a letter of request, in duplicate, containing all information required
on this form, may be submitted in lieu of the form.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 4:04:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey guys wanted to chime in I am way behind on the Faux suppressors. Lathe went down and I had to source apron casting and hand wheel gear and a few other parts. I am trying to get this last batch done up for you guys. Sorry for the delay. I did get a new casting actually a whole new apron gear box out of GA (50.00) so I will be up and running this week. Again sorry for delay.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

What he said.

Oh, no shit? Can't have cans here so I figured it was treated like SBR shit.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By HARMS4X:
Hey guys wanted to chime in I am way behind on the Faux suppressors. Lathe went down and I had to source apron casting and hand wheel gear and a few other parts. I am trying to get this last batch done up for you guys. Sorry for the delay. I did get a new casting actually a whole new apron gear box out of GA (50.00) so I will be up and running this week. Again sorry for delay.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/187307/3E092E6A-016C-4A54-A96A-A819C5BEFE1E-489330.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/187307/F04A0A1D-FEF3-48B4-A5A2-2BDB13F0B6F5-489332.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/187307/1CEAFD22-E424-479C-896B-7C4BABADB133-489333.JPG
View Quote
Saw your FB post about it. No big rush on my end, it's just a toy after all.

Saw you're killing your page too.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
Yeah I can not endorse or use that trash platform. I mean we are  not braking any laws but are treated as though we are by the sole possession of a semi auto rifle or HG. its just crazy man.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Yeah I can not endorse or use that trash platform. I mean we are  not braking any laws but are treated as though we are by the sole possession of a semi auto rifle or HG. its just crazy man.  
View All Quotes

Can't blame you. I need to pull the plug one of these days too.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#30]
I love the dog more then the rifle though

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 4:44:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HARMS4X] [#31]

My point was, if you spent nearly as much on the rifle (which it sounds like you did) and had no problem spraying it then there should be no issue with spraying the optic.
View Quote
Oh shit man I spray painted a brand new ATACR 5-25x56 F-1. Just paint it! Once the initial shock is over you will be ??

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 4:59:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5pt56] [#32]

View Quote
Correct. I was traveling a lot and sending the 5320s in and getting them approved until one day the ATF supervisor gave me a call and said you don't need to fill this out just for suppressors. Needless to say I also looked it up to confirm since all I had was word of mouth comms.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 6:22:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Snaps] [#33]

Get a Badger mount and never look back.
View Quote
I’ve debated it. I have a cart on Larue right now as well but I’m gonna a wait and see how these work out when they come back

I don’t think I’ve seen badger with a mount for a backup red dot though. I’ll have to look closer
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes

My point was, if you spent nearly as much on the rifle (which it sounds like you did) and had no problem spraying it then there should be no issue with spraying the optic.
Oh shit man I spray painted a brand new ATACR 5-25x56 F-1. Just paint it! Once the initial shock is over you will be ??

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/187307/54CC3713-205D-410F-8198-AE12A8E52744-489361.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/187307/CE377289-A2FD-4CCD-B7A8-FD98D93E5BD2-489363.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/187307/2033080B-4301-4114-9E6B-911EAC32E31F-489365.JPG
Can't paint mine till my "can" shows up
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#35]

https://i.imgur.com/LfTDTqQh.jpg
View Quote
You just killed the re-sale value.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 11:11:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

View Quote
Nobody in their right mind is selling that scope once they mount it to their Mod1.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 11:37:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 12:40:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By cbfurg:
https://i.imgur.com/S3lx0Wz.jpg
View Quote
I ordered a few of those as well
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 12:52:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Nobody in their right mind is selling that scope once they mount it to their Mod1.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

It's not going anywhere. Forever home.

Link Posted: 3/22/2018 5:38:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By cbfurg:
https://i.imgur.com/S3lx0Wz.jpg
View Quote
How do I get me one of those. That would look good on my hardhat, car, truck, toolbox, tv, cats, and whatever else I could put one on.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 7:28:31 AM EDT
[#42]

It's not going anywhere. Forever home.

https://i.imgur.com/jQS5vPqh.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 8:35:19 AM EDT
[#43]
What reticle are you guys using in your F1's?

I've got the MD2, which isn't bad. Kindof like the MLR2 better though.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 11:31:37 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm just saying if someone wants to trade a nf x50 for a mod 0 w/ 3.5-10......
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#45]
What reticle are you guys using in your F1's?

I've got the MD2, which isn't bad. Kindof like the MLR2 better though.  
View Quote
I have one with the MLR 2.0 and the H58, they are both awesome but selling the H58 because I don’t really “need” 2, and need to keep hoarding ammo

But yeah, owning both the x24 and F1, the difference is huge, so is the size/weight
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#46]

How do I get me one of those. That would look good on my hardhat, car, truck, toolbox, tv, cats, and whatever else I could put one on.
View Quote
https://www.clonerifles.com/
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#47]

https://www.clonerifles.com/
View Quote
Thanks man. Got 2 on the way now. Any idea on lead times from them? I didn’t see it mentioned.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 2:41:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tyler315] [#48]

Thanks man. Got 2 on the way now. Any idea on lead times from them? I didn’t see it mentioned.
View Quote
I ordered mine and it showed shipping less than 24hrs later
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 3:56:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tyler315] [#49]
Well Santa (UPS) showed up early...ARMS rings should be here tomorrow.

Link Posted: 3/22/2018 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#50]
I'll put this right here...  Photo from a Team 4 member.

Page / 1194
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top