Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/10/2024 7:57:41 PM EDT
I’ve heard good and bad over the years and never ordered from them. Are they gtg?
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I've placed maybe 5 orders, zero issues.

As you stated, experiences vary.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]
They are temping me too.  Cheapest Garmin chrono price around.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I've placed orders in the past (10+ years ago?) but ended up canceling every single one after determining that the product was not in stock. No issues getting refunded. I've never attempted to place another in all these years due to the stories about fulfillment failures.

Link Posted: 6/10/2024 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DVCER:
View Quote
Back in the day, the "trick" was to call and confirm that the product was actually in stock. Not sure how dependable that is today.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#5]
From what I have heard, they are much better now than they were back in the... dark days. And they do have good prices. You will probably be okay if you order from them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#6]
They're fine now, they did have their moments years ago.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 8:31:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve never had a problem with them. But I’ve also never had an issue with Optics Planet (20 orders in just the last 14 months) So either I’m the luckiest SOB this side of the Mississippi or some of the reported issues were user error.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Luny421:
I've never had a problem with them. But I've also never had an issue with Optics Planet (20 orders in just the last 14 months) So either I'm the luckiest SOB this side of the Mississippi or some of the reported issues were user error.
View Quote
Yeah, I've done a *lot* of ordering from OP. No issues to date.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#10]
'Tis fine.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 9:51:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNC] [#11]
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 3:45:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Botach and Optics Planet are both fine if the item is actually in stock. I wouldn't back order from either of them.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got probably 20-30 orders thru Botach over the last few years never been fucked yet!  Optics Planet as stated you got to click on the check availabity button beside said item or you may be stuck on hold for many a month yet I've had nothing but excellent service from them including returns...........
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Many years ago they were anathema, lots of horror stories.

In the past few years I've placed 4 or 5 orders with no problems. For a while they had killer prices on colored Lancer mags. They have some interesting products.

https://botach.com/battlesteel-carry-handle-mount-aimpoint-micro-vortex-holosun/
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Been ordering Colt 30 round mags from them lately. No issues.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Never had an issue and have ordered several times.

Lots of people claim bag experiences though
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 2:31:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#17]
I got "Botached".

Ordered a flash hider (an AAC 51T, specific part that I needed). Waited about 2 weeks for it to ship. Contacted customer service, and was told they're shipping it out next week. 2 more weeks go by. Called again. Same story. Waited one more week. Called again. Guy told me they're unsure when it will arrive for them to send to me. He clarified that no, they don't have the part on hand (unlike what I was told the last 2 times I called) and they have no anticipated date for getting them to ship. Cancelled the order, got an instant refund which was nice. But wasted a month of my life to save like 5 dollars over the other guys that had them in stock.

Haven't shopped there in years and years now. Never again.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 2:34:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By pestilence12:
I got "Botached".

Ordered a flash hider (an AAC 51T, specific part that I needed). Waited about 2 weeks for it to ship. Contacted customer service, and was told they're shipping it out next week. 2 more weeks go by. Called again. Same story. Waited one more week. Called again. Guy told me they're unsure when it will arrive for them to send to me. He clarified that no, they don't have the part on hand (unlike what I was told the last 2 times I called) and they have no anticipated date for getting them to ship. Cancelled the order, got an instant refund which was nice. But wasted a month of my life to save like 5 dollars over the other guys that had them in stock.

Haven't shopped there in years and years now. Never again.
View Quote

So, when was this?
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Strela:

So, when was this?
View Quote

2018? 2019? 2017? somewhere in there.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 2:49:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slowr1der] [#21]
I've never had an issue with them. I'd order from them again.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Luny421:
I’ve never had a problem with them. But I’ve also never had an issue with Optics Planet (20 orders in just the last 14 months) So either I’m the luckiest SOB this side of the Mississippi or some of the reported issues were user error.
View Quote

I've had issues with both. However, I think the problem had to do with me looking for rare, hard-to-find stuff that wasn't at Midway, Brownell's, etc. and web searches would turn up inventory for them they either never had or had at one time, but sold out of and the website(s) would go the "Backorder" route for parts no longer in production.

Neither ever stole anything from me. Optics Planet was probably the more grievous offender, promising they would have it in two weeks and then "two-weeksing" me for a few months,
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 3:29:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#23]
Originally Posted By jhon:
Botach and Optics Planet are both fine if the item is actually in stock. I wouldn't back order from either of them.
View Quote

I’m apparently another one of the luckiest folks on the planet.

Been ordering from Botach for over 2 decades. Zero issues in all that time (including receiving the Garmin Chrono last month, and the absolute lowest price of any place, on an Avon C50 with filters last year).

Also been ordering from OpticsPlanet for over a decade.

The ONE time I had a really long delay at OpticsPlanet, wasn’t really their fault. They offered a good discount on the new Vortex Razor pre-order. I was down the waitlist and they were waiting on fulfillment just like all the other retailers.

After waiting 9 months, I found the Razor I was looking for in-stock at another retailer (who matched the discounted price). When I went to cancel the pre-order at OP, they allowed me to transfer the discount to any scope they had in-stock, allowing me to get a second Kahles K16i at a lower price than anywhere else ($15xx w/free shipping IIRC. Kahles is one of the brands that discounts/codes/coupons usually can’t be applied to).

No complaints about them, either. Got my Garmin Tactix 7 Pro Ballistics there with one of Jesse’s 10% codes.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 4:31:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Decent prices at the sacrifice of customer service.

They are some cheap ass mother fuckers, lifetime warranty is a lie.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:
I've placed maybe 5 orders, zero issues.

As you stated, experiences vary.
View Quote

Ditto, but haven't placed any more orders in years.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 1:45:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By DVCER:
View Quote

I had one issue with them a number of years ago that took some time to resolve. Have reluctantly placed a handful of orders the last few years without issue including a Garmin Chrono I received from them a week or two ago...

Like someone mentioned, internet lotto, but the odds seem better than what they once were...
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#27]
No problems whatsoever over the last 4 or 5 years.  It seems years old internet bitching has no expiration date, unless the company is one of the flavors of the month, then they can get away with anything and woe be unto anyone who complains about them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:50:05 AM EDT
[#28]
I've placed four orders so far this year of some of their sale/clearance items, every one was shipped fast and received.  

Been ordering from them for many years, never once had a problem.

Guess I'm just lucky.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 6:39:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Bought magazines and comtac pros from them.  

one one issue of a magazine backorder that was never fulfilled but they never charged my CC so not a huge issue
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 6:49:02 AM EDT
[#30]
I’ve ordered about a dozen things over the years from them.  Never had an issue.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:34:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TheLASwamp:
From what I have heard, they are much better now than they were back in the... dark days. And they do have good prices. You will probably be okay if you order from them.
View Quote

I ordered quite a bit from them about 15 years ago or more.    
All the items I ordered arrived on time, and were quite satisfactory.

I get the impression that they buy up small lots of obscure things, so there may be a high rate of things being unavailable if something is popular and sells-out fast.

I was totally satisfied with them.   They also seemed to sometimes have things that were impossible to get elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:56:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By akethan:
Good luck. They don't call it getting "Botached" for nothing.
View Quote

While the horror stories about Botach are legendary, I am willing to consider that a business could genuinely try and change their reputation and business model.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 4:54:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TigerForce] [#34]
I remember the complaints about them, probably 10-15 years ago, and never ordered from them back then. However, I placed about a half-dozen orders there, 2-3 years ago - before a mag capacity ban dropped in my state. I had no problems whatsoever, and the prices were really good. They had LE department trade-in Colt 20 rd AR magazines, listed as in used condition- I picked up a few, and they were all in almost new condition.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 6:52:51 PM EDT
[#35]
I ordered a Tacstar adapter. They removed it from the OEM packaging and wrapped it in bubble wrap to save on shipping.

The fuck? I even paid $10 for fedex 2 day. Botach is so fucking cheap and tries to make a profit any way they can lmao...
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 6:35:54 PM EDT
[#36]
They used to be very hit and miss. They are now much more hit than miss
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#37]
They have a bad reputation, for sure, and not by accident.  

My half-dozen or so orders from them, however, have been fine.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 8:10:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MallNinja531] [#38]
I've placed a few orders from them and never had a problem.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 8:39:35 PM EDT
[#39]
I've had one problem free order form Botach and 3 orders with issues.

They did fix the issues I've returned.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#40]
I ordered my 2 battle steel ceramic plates from them separately. first one came right away, 2nd one took 2-3 weeks IIRC. so I'm batting 100. They were cheap enough I took the gamble.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Love them.

No issues, around a dozen purchases from them. I usually only buy something if it’s heavily discounted, widely advertised and I’m usually late to hear about it. Just bought a bag on sale. It showed to be the last one in stock and I left it in the cart for at least twenty minutes looking for a better or cheaper bag for what I need. If anyone should have trouble with them it should be me. Their cheapest shipping has always been fast to TX.

Optics Planet has tried to sell me something they didn’t have, charged right away then ordered it from whatever warehouse. Unknown wait time. Had to call and cancel. Almost every time I’m looking for some discontinued part that I know no one has they show up on the first search page.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 11:27:29 PM EDT
[#43]
I think its a statical luck of the draw thing.

I'll order from them multiple times with no issues, then boom. They Brownell me.

Then I find something Im looking for and order with no issues, leading me to order again. Then they get me again.

Is what it is.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 6:55:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By STJ:
Bought magazines and comtac pros from them.  

one one issue of a magazine backorder that was never fulfilled but they never charged my CC so not a huge issue
View Quote
Kind of the opposite issue here. I was charged in full for a partial shipment.
Last November I put in an order. Part of it was shipped, part wasn't.
"Life" happened and I forgot about the unshipped part of the order.
May-ish I realized I was still waiting for the other parts.
4 contact attempts via their website over the month got me zero response. (sending a message tied to a specific order)
An email afterhours Friday to their CS with screencaps of my contact attempts got a reply Monday.
The missing product was here the next week.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 6:58:41 AM EDT
[#45]
They got me once with bait and switch tactics......never again.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 7:24:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By VectorX:

I ordered quite a bit from them about 15 years ago or more.    
All the items I ordered arrived on time, and were quite satisfactory.

I get the impression that they buy up small lots of obscure things, so there may be a high rate of things being unavailable if something is popular and sells-out fast.

I was totally satisfied with them.   They also seemed to sometimes have things that were impossible to get elsewhere.
View Quote
I've only done one order from them, several years ago. It took a few months, but I did eventually get the entire order.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#47]
My first order dates back to 2018, never had any problems.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 6:33:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tiribulus] [#48]
I've also ordered from them 3 times in the last year with no issues. You can really snag some mag deals from them.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 7:07:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Tiribulus:
I've also ordered from them 3 times in the last year with no issues. You can really snag some mag deals from them.
View Quote
I've seen them run some really good deals on Lancer mags.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Ordered a few times from them in the late 00s/early 10s, never had any problems.  Just understand you may have issues, but, you may not.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top