Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2024 6:58:19 PM EDT
Looked at one at the gun store and really liked it?  No experience with Holosun but for a 507.  Looking to put it possibly on my HD AR a 10.5
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for responses.  I have a 510c I really like but  very interested in hearing opinions on the AEMS
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The one I looked through was red and I got no star burst from my astigmatism.  It was very clear to look through.  Wondering too on durability.  

Was looking at the 510c but thinking the AEMS would be more durable, especially for outside.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 10:14:22 PM EDT
[#3]
My Eotech EXPS 3-0 on Unity riser was 13.85oz. my AEMS on Scalarworks mount is 5 oz. Window is the same, body is smaller, way better battery life, dot is 2 moa vs 1 moa which doesn't bother me as much as I thought it might. I now have 2 AEMS on Scalarworks mounts. Durability is still to be seen for me, but I'm pretty sure they are solid from that perspective. I am sold on them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:29:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Taking a chance and bought one from an industry partner on the EE.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:54:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked one about three weeks ago. Have had many personal and assigned Aimpoints of various models since about 97. Also Eotechs. The AEMS is the cleanest most define dot and donut dot I have seen. Only a few hundred through it but it doe show promise for my purposes. Time will tell…but likely to by another.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the green circle dot combo and love it. It’s light and feels solid and I imagine it will take a beating. It’s on one of my go to rifles and I have no worries about abusing it should I need to. I own an eotech 512, Vortex UH-1, Meprolight RDS Pro V2 and one Primary Arms LPVO. If I was buying more red dots, I would buy either a Meprolight RDS Pro V2 or the Holosun AREMS. More than likely the AEMS due to the battery life.

The AEMS and other Holosun optics are getting battle tested in Ukraine right now. I have seen some videos with them on rifles. I have also seen Meprolight RDS Pro V2 and other mainstream optic brands.

If you want long battery life and durability I think the AEMS is a good option and the reticle is crisp and clear for m and my astigmatism.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#7]
My office mate just had his die last week.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My office mate just had his die last week.
View Quote
What does that mean? The battery died? The body cracked? Glass broke? It exploded?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:58:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I have had one bouncing in the back of a patrol car for a couple of years now and it hasn't had any issues. I like them.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Die = stopped working.   No dot.  No circle dot.  Dead.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#11]
This recently popped up on my radar and the astigmatism comments are intriguing me. I've been trying to hold out for the the yet to be released Primary Arms GLx 1x MicroPrism, but I might go ahead and get this.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe someone can help me understand the case for the AEMS.  I understand red dots, like the TRS 25, 2 lens with an emiter or led inside.  Then you have the open red dot with a single lens and open led emitter.  But then you take an open style, put a cover/lens on it, didn't you just make a regular red dot?

So basically is Holosun AEMS = Holosun 403 in the fact they are both enclosed emitter red dots
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Maybe someone can help me understand the case for the AEMS.  I understand red dots, like the TRS 25, 2 lens with an emiter or led inside.  Then you have the open red dot with a single lens and open led emitter.  But then you take an open style, put a cover/lens on it, didn't you just make a regular red dot?

So basically is Holosun AEMS = Holosun 403 in the fact they are both enclosed emitter red dots
View Quote
It's as close as you can get to an Eotech while saving a ton of weight and gaining a ton of battery life.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:28:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's as close as you can get to an Eotech while saving a ton of weight and gaining a ton of battery life.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would also note for me and from some other postings I have seen, I did not get a starburst effect from my astigmatism.  I prefer red over green as my picks it up and tracks it better so this is also a win.

I did some shopping around and there are now quite a few mount options from ADM, Unity, Reptila, Scalar, Warne.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's not holographic like an EOtech, it's the same red dot projection method as their tube shaped microdots, just with switchable dot or circle-dot.

It's basically the same features as their HS515GM model, but in a rectangular package that offers a smidgen more FOV.

That said, I picked one up a year or so ago and it's fine, about comparable to their other mid-tier red dots IMO.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I would also note for me and from some other postings I have seen, I did not get a starburst effect from my astigmatism.  I prefer red over green as my picks it up and tracks it better so this is also a win.

I did some shopping around and there are now quite a few mount options from ADM, Unity, Reptila, Scalar, Warne.
View Quote
That's a good point as well. They look clear to me too compared to pistol dots. Both of mine and in 1.93 Scalarworks mounts.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's not holographic like an EOtech, it's the same red dot projection method as their tube shaped microdots, just with switchable dot or circle-dot.

It's basically the same features as their HS515GM model, but in a rectangular package that offers a smidgen more FOV.

That said, I picked one up a year or so ago and it's fine, about comparable to their other mid-tier red dots IMO.

View Quote
Correct.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I love mine!

My fastest times were with this gun and optic
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 2:19:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Tempted to pick one up. I generally like my Holosun 512C I just wish it had a more robust protective layer like the Romero8T.

I might opt for their bigger model coming out. Looks interesting.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:38:56 AM EDT
[#20]
I love mine.
I'm a big fan of the circle dot system. So naturally I like this over the traditional dot designs.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:45:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I love mine.
I'm a big fan of the circle dot system. So naturally I like this over the traditional dot designs.
View Quote

That was a big factor in me choosing a d paying more for the donut of death versus the simple dot.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#22]
I have had a ton of dots and eotechs. I ended up settling on the AEMS as my now go to. Good performance under NV if that matters. Great battery life. Clear glass. For me, there is 1 con. I hate the lens covers and while they can be removed its weird without it because they leave gaps. Also the factory mount is garbage, as are all holosun mounts. But the AEMS mount is horrific. If you get an AEMS, you need to change the mount out. I have mine on the Unity mounts and its a solid package.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top