BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 9:58:40 AM EDT
[#1]
May have been covered, but does this updated design have less inherent parallax than the current 1x microprism?
I didn't realize how much mine had until trying to dial in with a magnifier.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PrimaryArms:

The GLx 1x MP does have less inherent parallax compared to the SLx 1x MP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PrimaryArms:
Originally Posted By RDTCU:
May have been covered, but does this updated design have less inherent parallax than the current 1x microprism?
I didn't realize how much mine had until trying to dial in with a magnifier.

The GLx 1x MP does have less inherent parallax compared to the SLx 1x MP.

Good to know
My GLx 2x's are great
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#4]
The wait is killing me... I'm ready to get my setup completed, already done with 1/3 of June
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 12:14:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By robroblobster:
The wait is killing me... I'm ready to get my setup completed, already done with 1/3 of June
View Quote

yep...
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 1:55:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tracker122] [#6]
Trying to get a Muzzy set up for this fall.  Also waiting for this to hit the streets.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Midway USA has it the GLX 1X prism up for 7/28 for $299, well at least the red version. Definitely not Q2.

PA how come we can't get any info regarding this product? Your consumers are interested
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:01:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By robroblobster:
Midway USA has it the GLX 1X prism up for 7/28 for $299, well at least the red version. Definitely not Q2.

PA how come we can't get any info regarding this product? Your consumers are interested
View Quote

i mean it's off by one month.  i can only speak from experience from the software world, but IMO missing an anticpated release by a month is still pretty impressive with all the eyes on this product, and wanting to ensure they don't have a release like deserttech.

Link Posted: 7/17/2024 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Good lord, has anyone ordered let alone even received one of these yet?
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't think they've been made available as yet.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JimmyAR:
Good lord, has anyone ordered let alone even received one of these yet?
View Quote

They’d have to be for sale for us to order one.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 11:43:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Also waiting on the new GLX...
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#13]
They just said middle of Q3 now on instagarm.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Jeez take my money, had not seen this video previously.  

NEW Primary Arms GLx 1X MicroPrism | IWA 2024 Report
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 11:50:12 PM EDT
[#15]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRCeHahFlIA
View Quote

Rep (incorrectly) started an aimpoint micro footprint...
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 10:18:06 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRCeHahFlIA

Yeah, that caught my attention as well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 11:48:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Any "up-dates" on this coming out?
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Any "up-dates" on this coming out?
View Quote

Primary Arms recently released a low info YouTube video that had “coming soon” shown. But your guess is as good as mine on what that means. I was under the impression that it has been “coming soon” since June.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#19]
First vid I’ve seen on it.  C_does in his normal stuff has the best eye relief/eyebox, and optical clarity  in various lighting condition type review videos I’ve seen.  This is a different format, but he knows his stuff.

TLDR: for some reason more of the “wonk” 1x prism/lpvo effect, heavier, but sleeker without the rheostat illum.  

He doesn’t do durability testing but IMO if you’re breaking a 1x prism you got bigger issues.

My excitement has officially ended for this, as I was hoping the GLX would have less “wonk”, which seems to get worse the higher up you mount it.

https://youtu.be/gahlZQOn6WI?si=GAemNAi7CupoDjkH
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By sticman77:
First vid I’ve seen on it.  C_does in his normal stuff has the best eye relief/eyebox, and optical clarity  in various lighting condition type review videos I’ve seen.  This is a different format, but he knows his stuff.

TLDR: for some reason more of the “wonk” 1x prism/lpvo effect, heavier, but sleeker without the rheostat illum.  

He doesn’t do durability testing but IMO if you’re breaking a 1x prism you got bigger issues.

My excitement has officially ended for this, as I was hoping the GLX would have less “wonk”, which seems to get worse the higher up you mount it.

View Quote

His summary was pretty much “I can’t tell the difference in clarity/resolution between the SLX and GLX”, which makes me just want to hold on to my SLX that’s already zero’d and weighs less. I never cared for the push button brightness adjustment either.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By RRAR15:

His summary was pretty much “I can’t tell the difference in clarity/resolution between the SLX and GLX”, which makes me just want to hold on to my SLX that’s already zero’d and weighs less. I never cared for the push button brightness adjustment either.
View Quote

Better summary ^^^

This is good news for consumers IMO.  The lighter option will remain cheaper and will show up on EE for very cheap, and most will not find a need to upgrade unless they need the latest
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:31:48 AM EDT
[#22]
MAC just dropped a video about a 5.7 survival gun rocking this optic. Soon?
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 2:21:23 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Very interesting. I was really curious about these, but I like my SLX.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 4:35:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats] [#24]
They dropped . Ordered the green reticle.

ETA: Shipped and out the door! That was fast, lol. I had planned on some range time Saturday expressly for evaluating 1x rifle optics. Maybe this will get here in time? I'm only up I-45.

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#25]
And all the embargoed YouTube videos have been dropped.

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Seeing that the GLX has a few feet less field of view and not a drastic improvement over the SLX glass, may just have to stick with the SLX. Will have to see about the durability of them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:07:45 PM EDT
[#27]
How’s the eye relief compared to the smaller 3x SLX?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:20:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Mars87:
How's the eye relief compared to the smaller 3x SLX?
View Quote
It has unlimited eye relief.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:26:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:

View Quote

What videos are you seeing? I’m only seeing one video released today other than PA’s official video.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:29:30 PM EDT
[#30]

What videos are you seeing? I'm only seeing one video released today other than PA's official video.
View All Quotes

What videos are you seeing? I'm only seeing one video released today other than PA's official video.
Ack. Didn't pay close enough attention to release dates on all the videos. You're right.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#31]
On the fence between this or the AEMS.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Brass Facts has a video out on it now. Not sure he understands the point of a 1x.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Brass Facts has a video out on it now. Not sure he understands the point of a 1x.
View Quote

I’m just waiting for someone to do a head to head comparison between the SLX and GLX.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:13:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#34]
I think his review was mostly just the regular “it’s not a red dot” shit that anyone buying it already knows. I like his reviews but he is fairly one dimensional in outlook.

The only critique he made that stands out to me is the glass quality. From the video it looks to have the same amount of warpage at 1X and haze through a magnifier. Not that I’d say it’s bad, but if his video footage is accurate it looks to be about the same as the cheaper SLX.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 1:37:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Got my optic just now. Wasn't expecting to get it until Monday so I canceled the range drills I had planned for today. I'll see if I can get a bay reserved for tomorrow.

I'll take a few static pics with weight and size comparison to the SLx 1x.

Link Posted: 9/14/2024 1:44:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Got my optic just now. Wasn't expecting to get it until Monday so I canceled the range drills I had planned for today. I'll see if I can get a bay reserved for tomorrow.

I'll take a few static pics with weight and size comparison to the SLx 1x.

View Quote

That would be awesome.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Unboxing. Standard PA Micro Prism packaging and accessories.

Link Posted: 9/14/2024 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Measurements. SLx on left, GLx on the right. GLx is a bit larger dimensionally and a bit heavier.

Link Posted: 9/14/2024 2:53:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats] [#39]
Got a bay reserved to run some PCC drills to see which of my optics are faster for me. I don't expect to see much difference between the SLx & GLx.
All are green reticles except for the 2x. I didn't have any more LT105 mounts so I'm using a spare ADM QD mount I have for the GLx 1x.

Link Posted: 9/14/2024 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Will these be available in FDE as well?
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 3:18:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Keeping my fingers crossed for a green reticle.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 3:47:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Living on the ragged edge...
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 8:53:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Thank you for the measurements and weights. But, Im rolling with my slx 1x.  Id rather have a knob than buttons, something I can grip onto.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#44]
A lot to digest and I'll probably post a separate write up later, but in a nutshell, I was slowest with the GLx 1x. There is probably a plausible explanation.

Link Posted: 9/15/2024 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#45]
I think it's funny that to appease the complaints of the big knob on the side they made the whole body bigger.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 2:06:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#47]
I did not get an ARD with mine. Not sure if that's a change from Preview to General Available or it's just missing?
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 4:27:04 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sticman77:

C_Does review killed any excitement for me over the GLX too.  The GLX also has less battery life than the SLX according to PA's site.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Maybe all that long waiting is over nothing, push button and eye relief isn't everything I guess.
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Maybe all that long waiting is over nothing, push button and eye relief isn't everything I guess.
View Quote

I am interested to about the potential parallax improvement per PA.  I am looking to upgrade from my Romeo5 on my 10.5" SBR due to my astigmatism and parallax with less than perfect head position.  I assume the 1X SLX isn't MRO bad, but I have never seen it quantified.  My 2X GLX has been great in that regard.

@tortilla-flats
I would value your observations on parallax of the 1X SLX and 1X GLX.
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top