User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I threw a Bushnell Nitro 2.5-10x on an AR to try out that magnification range.

Deploy MOA reticle.

I really like it.  

One on the right

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:06:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PistoleroJesse:
With the resurgence of MPVO, my guess is a plx and slx to better round out that segment. DLO might have the skinny or be able to get it.
View Quote

I thought their 2.5-10 GLX was perfect aside from the stupid Chevron reticle. If they just had a dot instead they would be perfect.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CouchCommando22:

I thought their 2.5-10 GLX was perfect aside from the stupid Chevron reticle. If they just had a dot instead they would be perfect.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CouchCommando22:
Originally Posted By PistoleroJesse:
With the resurgence of MPVO, my guess is a plx and slx to better round out that segment. DLO might have the skinny or be able to get it.

I agree.  Why discontinue something people will buy now?  Certainly work on Ian noticed option, but if phase out the 2.5-10 GLX once my New Hotness was ready to bring to the market.  

Primary arms seems like they can’t get out of their own way to achieve success.  

The fact that they are consistently devoted to the Chevron reticle on scopes that are much higher magnification LPVOs or prism optics is one.  

They also can’t seem to resist, cluttering up reticles with all sorts of additional ranging features.  I don’t understand why they need them. When you know what you’re doing  a mil scale can work for quick ranging and realistically, who buys a scope based on reticle ranging.?  Rangefinders are ubiquitous these days.

The optics I want to buy from Primary Arms are their fixed power prism optics and solid mid-tier LPVO and MPVO.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

I agree.  Why discontinue something people will buy now?  Certainly work on Ian noticed option, but if phase out the 2.5-10 GLX once my New Hotness was ready to bring to the market.  

Primary arms seems like they can’t get out of their own way to achieve success.  

The fact that they are consistently devoted to the Chevron reticle on scopes that are much higher magnification LPVOs or prism optics is one.  

They also can’t seem to resist, cluttering up reticles with all sorts of additional ranging features.  I don’t understand why they need them. When you know what you’re doing  a mil scale can work for quick ranging and realistically, who buys a scope based on reticle ranging.?  Rangefinders are ubiquitous these days.

The optics I want to buy from Primary Arms are their fixed power prism optics and solid mid-tier LPVO and MPVO.
View Quote

I would be willing to bet there are not a lot of people buying 2-10. They probably want to push their 1-10 is what I am assuming. I am a huge 2-10 fan. I loved the GLX aside from the stupid chevron. I sold it only because of the chevron and I got the Athlon 2-12, which is about the only other alternative to the GLX, but it weighs a lot more and glass isn’t as good.

They can’t put the nova reticle on a FFP, so I am interested to see if they do anymore 2-10.

On a side note, I have a Vortex Viper HD 2-10 coming tomorrow. As of now I have a Viper 2-10, Viper HD 2-10, Athlon 2-12 and Steiner 2-10. So, I do have a little experience with the 2-10
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 4:52:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Daggertt] [#5]
The Viper HD looks awesome except for the SFP and reticle... and lack of parallax adjustment. But it's small and only 19oz. Of course by the time you added all that other stuff on, it would likely be heavy anyway.

My swampfox 2-12x arrived today and holy cow it was so big and heavy I thought it was the wrong model!

I picked an Athlon up off the EE, but they are basically the same size and weight, so I'm sure it will be the same thing.

i'm spoiled by the comparatively svelt 22oz of the pa 2.5-10.

I need to find where I put my little scale, because the swampfox FEELS as heavy in the hand as a different 29oz scope i have unmounted on the shelf.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
The Viper HD looks awesome except for the SFP and reticle... and lack of parallax adjustment. But it's small and only 19oz. Of course by the time you added all that other stuff on, it would likely be heavy anyway.

My swampfox 2-12x arrived today and holy cow it was so big and heavy I thought it was the wrong model!

I picked an Athlon up off the EE, but they are basically the same size and weight, so I'm sure it will be the same thing.

i'm spoiled by the comparatively svelt 22oz of the pa 2.5-10.

I need to find where I put my little scale, because the swampfox FEELS as heavy in the hand as a different 29oz scope i have unmounted on the shelf.
View Quote

I had the same thoughts on the Viper HD. I don’t mind at all that it is a SFP, but I do wish it had parallax. However, a 2-10, SFP, is about the limit you could get away without parallax, for me, personally. If it was FFP, it would need parallax.

I had the Trijicon Credo 2-10 FFP and I could not get a crisp sight picture. Past 100 yards, it was blury, the reticle was not crisp either even though it had a diopter. It was a big disappointment because it checked all the boxes. All the reviews I have seen on it were all similar to my complaints with it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I would own at least one, maybe two, Vortex Viper PST Gen II 2-10 scopes right now if they had locking turrets.  

My MPVOs tend to do double duty as hunting scopes, snd I don’t take exposed turrets into the field that are not capable of locking.

I’d consider a scope without locking turrets if the windage turret was capped.  Moving a scoped rifle around in a blind, sitting it across your lap, leaning it up against tees or stumps…it seems way too easy to bump the windage without realizing it until you miss a shot.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
I would own at least one, maybe two, Vortex Viper PST Gen II 2-10 scopes right now if they had locking turrets.  

My MPVOs tend to do double duty as hunting scopes, snd I don’t take exposed turrets into the field that are not capable of locking.

I’d consider a scope without locking turrets if the windage turret was capped.  Moving a scoped rifle around in a blind, sitting it across your lap, leaning it up against tees or stumps…it seems way too easy to bump the windage without realizing it until you miss a shot.
View Quote

Oh I get it. On deployments especially, my rifles would get beat, dropped, banged around and so on. I am hoping Vortex end up offering the custom elevation turret for the 2-10 Viper HD like they do for the 3-15
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#9]
There was a nice deal on the EE here for a PST II 2-10x that I decided to commit to. I have the 5-25x and I’ve been impressed.

I think for the FFP reticle, glass quality, and durability, I can accept the extra 3 oz and non locking windage turret. I know some people put a little nylon bungee cover to keep the windage turrets in place which seems like a good route, but first I have to see if it’s actually even a problem.

For anyone that has a PST II 2-10, do you know if you can piggyback an RDS? I am thinking it’s possible I’ll have to buy a spacer to clear the turret.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ct78:
There was a nice deal on the EE here for a PST II 2-10x that I decided to commit to. I have the 5-25x and I’ve been impressed.

I think for the FFP reticle, glass quality, and durability, I can accept the extra 3 oz and non locking windage turret. I know some people put a little nylon bungee cover to keep the windage turrets in place which seems like a good route, but first I have to see if it’s actually even a problem.

For anyone that has a PST II 2-10, do you know if you can piggyback an RDS? I am thinking it’s possible I’ll have to buy a spacer to clear the turret.
View Quote

It depends on the mount, but the PST has a tall elevation turret. That dot is going to be really high. An offset might work better.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top