Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2024 4:05:43 PM EDT
I bought a PSA upper with the above barrel for a lightweight shooter.  I'm interested in learning about its potential accuracy.  I understand that is supposed to be unlined, which may add to accuracy, but it will be quick to heat up.  This not going to be anything other than a range toy and a varmint eradicator.  I am planning on upgrading as soon as time and finances allow.

I know this is an entry level barrel per the reviews on PSA barrels I've read on here.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 11:47:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I am planning on upgrading as soon as time and finances allow.
View Quote

Maybe shoot it, first?  You might be surprised.  You might not.  But, you are going to have to shoot it to find out
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 12:59:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh I've shot it.  Just dickin' around with it.  Never really shot it for accuracy, don't really have a set up for that and the local range only has benches.  I suppose a bipod and a bean bag for the rear would be in order just to wring it out with a few brands of ammo.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 2:22:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 9:57:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By doom1430:
Oh I've shot it.  Just dickin' around with it.  Never really shot it for accuracy, don't really have a set up for that and the local range only has benches.  I suppose a bipod and a bean bag for the rear would be in order just to wring it out with a few brands of ammo.
View Quote

What optic on it?  When testing for accuracy, specifically, the optic becomes an integral factor.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 3:44:50 PM EDT
[#5]
PA 4-14x44 illuminated mildot
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By doom1430:
PA 4-14x44 illuminated mildot
View Quote

That oughta giterdun.  Not a fan of the ^, but @ 100 yards or so it isn't too bad of a nuissance

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top