Site Notices
Page / 220
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 3:29:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bradders:

The barrels seemed to be regular M4 barrels.
One of the guys said the triggers were "pretty much std", but one I saw had the auto sear pin missing
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bradders:
Originally Posted By Augee:
I wonder what barrels are under there.  Look 14.5".  

Almost certainly rebuilt USAMU SDM-Rs, which, if they've cannibalized and rebuilt them, pretty much means the end of that program as well, since I think a few units in 3rd ID were the only line units that ever had them.  

Nice rifles, though, got to handle (but not shoot) one back in '05-'06-ish.  The USAMU guys have some pretty interesting rifles - lots of non-standard parts.

~Augee

The barrels seemed to be regular M4 barrels.
One of the guys said the triggers were "pretty much std", but one I saw had the auto sear pin missing

Seems like the long way around just to get an M4A1 Block II upper.  

Like I said, the USAMU seems to do some pretty interesting things to their rifles, actually, I'm surprised with all the different variant threads we have out there, we don't have one for them and their rifles...

I'm actually more interested in the Crye Airframes and uniforms and all that Multicam OCP kit, especially with all the grumblings about a "big announcement to come" about the future of the Army's camouflage and uniforms.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#3]
All I can tell you is I have a govt marked 1945 Remington Rand 1911 supposedly built by a Fort Bragg armorer who did a bunch of Camp Perry guns for the AMU, and the trigger is nothing short of amazing. You can see yourself in the feedramp. I'm no pistol guy, but the thing makes me look good. Accurate as hell.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 12:18:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 2:02:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=65759
View Quote

Sexy.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 3:41:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Dude I love the way ACOGs look on Blk IIs.

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 4:22:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By RTUtah:

View All Quotes

Me too.

I think I may leave it this way, as it should fill the void between my FSP BlockII and the mk12's.

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 4:50:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
Me too.

I think I may leave it this way, as it should fill the void between my FSP BlockII and the mk12's.

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af204/secretwheelman/100_1103_zps26e355b0.jpg

View All Quotes

Me too.

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af204/secretwheelman/100_1103_zps26e355b0.jpg

What is the make/model of your bipod?
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By UTPABRONCS:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UTPABRONCS:

Me too.

Harris S-BR w/ ARMS #32

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:15:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Thread needs more UBR.

rifle I sold awhile back. Thinking about doing another one again in similar pattern.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#13]
A recce in the wild.

Originally Posted By vsvo:

A U.S. Special Forces soldier provides security as their convoy is halted by mechanical difficulties, near Sarobi district, Kapisa province, Afghanistan, June 17, 2014. USSF and ANA forces drove to Tagab district, Kapisa province to capture known Taliban commanders in the area. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Connor Mendez)

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:02:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Where's that from?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:08:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By DackJaniels:

Where's that from?
View Quote

Block II thread. There was another photo of it floating around from a different angle in that thread that sparked quite a bit of debate. Sweet rig.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
Now that is a HeavyWeight.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:21:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By jukeboxx13:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jukeboxx13:

Light as a feather... a 12lb Rodan feather.  If I want some exercise I throw the 24oz 1-6x variable on it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:30:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dog_dad] [#18]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Munzy:
A recce in the wild.

View All Quotes
A recce in the wild.

http://thelaymansperch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/1424804.jpg
A U.S. Special Forces soldier provides security as their convoy is halted by mechanical difficulties, near Sarobi district, Kapisa province, Afghanistan, June 17, 2014. USSF and ANA forces drove to Tagab district, Kapisa province to capture known Taliban commanders in the area. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Connor Mendez)

That a Centurion CMR? Wonder if it's a personal upper or an armory requested build?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#20]
A recce in the wild.

View All Quotes
A recce in the wild.

Is that a Leupold VX-R Patrol?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

That a Centurion CMR? Wonder if it's a personal upper or an armory requested build?
View All Quotes
A recce in the wild.

That is a nice looking rifle. I'd wager it was built in country from end user supplied parts. Just my guess.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SGT2LT:

That is a nice looking rifle. I'd wager it was built in country from end user supplied parts. Just my guess.
View All Quotes
A recce in the wild.

Almost the entire rifle (besides the accessories) looks to be made by BPM (Barnes Precision Machine) including the rail and lower receiver. Whether or not that clarifies if the rifle in question is personal purchase or unit purchase I don't know.

Also, I am 99% sure that is a 16" upper.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Trapezoid:

Almost the entire rifle (besides the accessories) looks to be made by BPM (Barnes Precision Machine) including the rail and lower receiver. Whether or not that clarifies if the rifle in question is personal purchase or unit purchase I don't know.

View All Quotes
A recce in the wild.

That would make a lot of sense. Barnes caters very heavily to the SF folks at Bragg and has quite a name in the community for their outstanding craftsmanship. I
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Not sure about the lower, you can get a complete 16" upper built according to their site that would match what we see there. I know we've seen personal uppers and optics in various SF circles, but I'm doubtful an entire rifle would be kosher. Seems more likely the user or unit bought some uppers and pimped some lowers to go with them.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Not sure about the lower, you can get a complete 16" upper built according to their site that would match what we see there. I know we've seen personal uppers and optics in various SF circles, but I'm doubtful an entire rifle would be kosher. Seems more likely the user or unit bought some uppers and pimped some lowers to go with them.
View All Quotes

This.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:32:14 PM EDT
[#26]
And a JPC to match.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:03:53 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

It's all in the way you write the justification.  

The lower looks like a semi-automatic lower with pictogram markings.  I can't say I know 100% what all is the deal going on with that particular rifle, but don't forget that in the past, entire COTS weapons were not that uncommon.

A lot of things could be going on there that we have no way of knowing about, and speculation without further information would really just be blind guessing.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:36:00 AM EDT
[#28]

http://s4.postimg.org/6no1uxfzx/1368862.jpg

The lower looks like a semi-automatic lower with pictogram markings.  I can't say I know 100% what all is the deal going on with that particular rifle, but don't forget that in the past, entire COTS weapons were not that uncommon.

A lot of things could be going on there that we have no way of knowing about, and speculation without further information would really just be blind guessing.  

~Augee
View All Quotes

~Augee

Well, I take it back. Didn't have that pic earlier, or I wouldn't have made the lower comment lol. I wonder then if this was a COTS purchase for some "precision carbines" like the "Mod H", or someone got away with using a personal gun.

Pretty much looks like this right here, add the Leupold and laser plus the forward grip, and then a Surefire FH or Brake for the suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 7:53:40 AM EDT
[#29]

Well, I take it back. Didn't have that pic earlier, or I wouldn't have made the lower comment lol. I wonder then if this was a COTS purchase for some "precision carbines" like the "Mod H", or someone got away with using a personal gun.

Pretty much looks like this right here, add the Leupold and laser plus the forward grip, and then a Surefire FH or Brake for the suppressor.
View All Quotes

~Augee

There's about four or five photos of this guy with that rifle including those two pictured in this thread. The others were shot overhead during training. If you have Instagram, go check out user outlaw185 and you'll see the photos.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 6:38:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dog_dad] [#30]
I have to say this guy is probably strong as hell with great endurance (probably a given since he's a SEAL lol). Hanging a bipod off the end of the gun and shooting is really tiring.

Also I think the suppressor on the end is a AAC SPR can. Can anyone tell? The amount of barrel overlap makes me think so.

Edit:

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#31]

~Augee
View All Quotes

~Augee

I'm digging that paint scheme
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#32]
My Recce inspired build. Still working out BUIS and I have an SD-E that should be in the mailbox today.

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 11:27:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By _Crog:
My Recce inspired build. Still working out BUIS and I have an SD-E that should be in the mailbox today.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5578/14606119134_af3fbeb73e_h.jpg

Build specs...

View Quote

How do you like the PA 1-6?  I just ordered one last night I'm curious to take it out
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Originally Posted By Petes1552:
How do you like the PA 1-6? I just ordered one last night I'm curious to take it out
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Petes1552:

Build specs...

How do you like the PA 1-6? I just ordered one last night I'm curious to take it out

For less than $300 it's amazing. It's missing some nice features other 1-6's have, but those are also $1000+.

The 1x is really close and the glass is completely clean. I haven't shot past 100 yards yet so I haven't utilized the reticle, but I can't wait to hit some steel at 500 yards
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 1:28:22 PM EDT
[#35]
curious, what t1 mount is that?
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 4:05:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JimboJones1] [#36]
Originally Posted By patriot_man:
I have to say this guy is probably strong as hell with great endurance (probably a given since he's a SEAL lol). Hanging a bipod off the end of the gun and shooting is really tiring.

Also I think the suppressor on the end is a AAC SPR can. Can anyone tell? The amount of barrel overlap makes me think so.

http://i.imgur.com/rV6JA3R.png

http://i.imgur.com/H55qwPN.png

http://i.imgur.com/WYfqeXE.png

http://i.imgur.com/jJA8DcB.png

Edit:

http://i.imgur.com/SwHJq9bl.jpg
View Quote

Link to the actual video? Or movie?  Looks like screen grabs.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#37]

Build specs...

View Quote

Good color choice!
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#38]

Build specs...

View Quote

Sweet build!  Somewhat like mine that I just finished parting together.   Cheap PSA upper/lower, high quality (not that PSA isn't perfectly fine) everywhere else.   I'm going to cerakote mine Patriot Brown as well...  But it's an 18" SPR barrel so it won't be in this thread.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:
Good color choice!

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:

Build specs...

Good color choice!

Thanks!

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By JimboJones1:

Link to the actual video? Or movie?  Looks like screen grabs.
View Quote

Here ya go. Watch the snipers one and the point man one. Don't know where one of these pictures are from.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:16:45 PM EDT
[#41]
M&P Sport converted into a poor mans RECCE rifle
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:26:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Potato pic

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:10:17 AM EDT
[#43]
I see your MK6 potato pic and match it sir.
I've come very close to replacing my DD Lite with a URXIII about four times now.. I just don't wanna deal with finding that wrench I don't think.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 8:13:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By stagepaint:
I see your MK6 potato pic and match it sir.
I've come very close to replacing my DD Lite with a URXIII about four times now.. I just don't wanna deal with finding that wrench I don't think.

<a href="http://s250.photobucket.com/user/butterscotchgent/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1838_zpsa08afcb1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/butterscotchgent/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1838_zpsa08afcb1.jpg</a>
View Quote

Nice! Also, do it. Send the upper off to have it installed. I went from al DD rails to urx. Worth it
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 12:28:43 PM EDT
[#46]

That rail is really growing on me
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#47]
I love it. Just ordered another one for my 20" grendel
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By patriot_man:

http://i.imgur.com/rV6JA3R.png

http://i.imgur.com/H55qwPN.png

http://i.imgur.com/WYfqeXE.png

http://i.imgur.com/jJA8DcB.png

Edit:

http://i.imgur.com/SwHJq9bl.jpg
View Quote

Sweet kit.

Is that the Wilcox Aimpoint Micro mount with Nightforce rings? Thinking of running something similar on my Mk12 or SCAR 17S.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Middy upper build #3.

-Rainier Select 1/8 16" black barrel is on the way.

-SLR Solo 13" rail at the house today.

-going with a Leupold Mark AR 3-9, using my GG&F cantilever mount.

This will be my first "precision ar". I'm scared lol. Will go on my painted SBR lower.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
Middy upper build #3.

-Rainier Select 1/8 16" black barrel is on the way.
-SLR Solo 13" rail at the house today.
-going with a Leupold Mark AR 3-9, using my GG&F cantilever mount.

This will be my first "precision ar". I'm scared lol. Will go on my painted SBR lower.

<a href="http://postimg.org/image/5wsv1yu7d/full/" target="_blank">http://s28.postimg.org/l5isfqnvx/IMG_20140716_194017.jpg</a>
upload imagem
View Quote

Looks good so far.
Page / 220
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top