Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2024 8:04:58 AM EDT
I have two warcomps currently, both closed tine and am building a Geissele URG-I clone.  I have been leaning towards the closed tine Warcomp as I noticed it is slightly shorter and weights several ounces less, please share your thoughts and opinions on both and lets descuss.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By NightWolf:
I have two warcomps currently, both closed tine and am building a Geissele URG-I clone.  I have been leaning towards the closed tine Warcomp as I noticed it is slightly shorter and weights several ounces less, please share your thoughts and opinions on both and lets descuss.
View Quote

I have two 11.5” Geissele URGI.  They came with the three prong muzzle device.  I thought about changing to the warcomp but after reading this article on Pew Science, I decided to keep them on.  I have Surefire 556RC2 cans on them both. PEW Science
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 9:18:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#2]
Get the open prong ones. The closed tines are a total bitch to keep clean and gum up suppressors like mad! Had to hammer one off once!

My URGI Build came out bitchin! The color of upper was unlike anything I've ever seen, so I had to have the G Lower cerakoted to match it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I will not be running a suppressor (Ca) but do like the use the warden to redirect muzzle blast for possible indoor use or the guy next to me at the range.  I am not going for a 1 to 1 clone of the URG-I so I don’t mind using the warcomp.  

I know the open vs closed dates back to the old Vortex vs Phantom debate which IIRC the Vortex won marginally.  I find the open tine a little heavy and worry about barrel whip with all the weight out front; is that a non issue? Will it have a play in overall accuracy?  

If you wanna share pics of your build I wouldn’t complain.  My Mk16 DDC rail is very dark and different than those i have seen online.  I like it for being the same but different.
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 11:27:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I have multiple of each. I prefer the open/3 prong warcomp, it has more ports and does a better job with muzzle climb. I don’t notice flash but I have seen videos of them compared in dusk and open tine models perform better with flash. For length the closed is better and if you are using it for going through brush or you’re worried about taking a hard fall and bending a tine get a closed one. On a work 4 prong a time was bent and was slightly obscuring the bore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top