Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2024 11:00:50 AM EDT
I am new to the 308 AR and have been looking at the Sig 716 with DI.
Any thoughts on if this is a good / bad place to start?

I know they have a lot of proprietary parts, but I do not plan on doing many upgrades. It will probably be a just-in-case gun that only gets used occasionally.

Link Posted: 9/2/2024 2:40:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#3]
It's way too heavy for what it is and such a short bbl.  Only thing I did was put an AccuTac 3 prong on the end, and get ripped off for the proprietary Sig Charging Handle, which was needed, also the bigger Magpul SL on the other end.  The lighter Ruger SFAR wasn't out yet when I bought the Tread, but probably would've bought that with the 20"bbl option.  The Tread shoots dead nuts, 100% function with ALL ammo.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tallis:
It's way too heavy for what it is and such a short bbl.  Only thing I did was put an AccuTac 3 prong on the end, and get ripped off for the proprietary Sig Charging Handle, which was needed, also the bigger Magpul SL on the other end.  The lighter Ruger SFAR wasn't out yet when I bought the Tread, but probably would've bought that with the 20"bbl option.  The Tread shoots dead nuts, 100% function with ALL ammo.
View Quote

?

It's very light for a large frame.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top