Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2024 4:20:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOL]
Unity Tactical will soon release their FAST FTC 4x integrated magnifier & flip-up mount, so I wanted to get a thread going on it.

Initial thoughts on design and price are welcome, and most certainly field reports from those FOing once released.

Specifications:

Magnification: 4X

FOV at 100 yds: FT: 30.1, M: 9.2

FOV: 5.75°

Height: 2.26 in to optical center line

Rail Mount: FAST™ QD LEVER

Material: 7075-T6, Type III Hard-coat Anodized

Weight: OZ: <12.0, G: <340.2

Dimensions (W X L X H): IN: < 2.4 X 1.5 (rail coverage) OR 3.5 (overall) X 3.2 (raised) OR 2.0 (stowed); CM: < 6.1 X 3.8 (rail coverage) OR 8.9 (overall) X 8.1 (raised) OR 5.1 (stowed)

Manufacturer of origin: Glass: S. Korea; Base: USA; Final Assembly: USA

Link Posted: 9/10/2024 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Any idea of price?
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fortydelta:
Any idea of price?
View Quote

Looks like MSRP is $710, and I am finding pre-sales around $645.

Link Posted: 9/10/2024 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#3]
In for one.   Botach has them for 580 before theft.  I use unity mounts and enjoy the red dot + magnifier combo.  My favorite magnifier to date is the aimpoint 3x-mag1 so we'll see how it stacks up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 8:32:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BSOL:

Looks like MSRP is $710, and I am finding pre-sales around $645.

View Quote

That's more than I paid for the EXPS3 that it would be magnifying.

It's not mechanized, automatic, or electronic. There are no sensors or illumination. No reticle that requires adjustment.

It is a 4x monocular.

I get that there are coatings on the lenses. But that's neither new or groundbreaking tech. Neither is the material it is made out of. FAST has had the flip to center out for a while as well, so that's not new either.

All they did was get a 4x mono from South Korea, and told the factory to put an attachment point on the side.

Sorry, it's a really cool idea and no doubt a quality product, but I think the price is way high for what it is.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Sorry, it's a really cool idea and no doubt a quality product, but I think the price is way high for what it is.
View Quote

This is where I am
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:53:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I am interested, and for people complaining about the price a G33 is around $500 and the Omni mount is around $260
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Luny421:

This is where I am
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Luny421:

This is where I am

Same here.

You could get a G45 for 500 and have possibly better glass and a bit more mag. You could also get the whole setup here used if you are patient. Members are trying out this setup all the time, and not liking it, then selling it on the EE.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:13:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ngc1300] [#8]
Originally Posted By gman556:

Same here.

You could get a G45 for 500 and have possibly better glass and a bit more mag. You could also get the whole setup here used if you are patient. Members are trying out this setup all the time, and not liking it, then selling it on the EE.
View Quote
The g45 isn't great. Very tight eyebox and heavy.

It will be interesting to see if unity can pull of their magnifier.

Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ngc1300:
The g45 isn't great. Very tight eyebox and heavy.

It will be interesting to see if unity can pull of their magnifier.

View Quote

Never thought mine was bad.

Was better then just about anything else I tried before it.

Only magnifiers I never tried were the aimpoints.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
Only one of the aimpoints worth a darn is the expensive one.  It has a generous eyebox for a magnifier and easy to get behind.  Skip the C and P versions entirely, if you're on a budget you'd do just as good with the holosun.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Only one of the aimpoints worth a darn is the expensive one.  It has a generous eyebox for a magnifier and easy to get behind.  Skip the C and P versions entirely, if you're on a budget you'd do just as good with the holosun.
View All Quotes

I had the Holosuns, and they are nice but not just as good as the G45. It's light years better, but yeah the holosun is a good budget option.

Personally, if I were to do it again it would be either the G45 or the PA GLX 6x.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

I’ve had the 3x-c for several years. The eye relief is a little short but overall it’s much better than the PA magnifier it replaced.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:50:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Really difficult to judge until we know how the glass and light transmission and eyebox and parallax actually stack up. May be very lame, may become the go to.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:22:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JohnDough:
Really difficult to judge until we know how the glass and light transmission and eyebox and parallax actually stack up. May be very lame, may become the go to.
View Quote

This is a tech forum. Don’t bring a common sense shit in here!
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 8:50:51 AM EDT
[#15]
For sale starting today.

Unity selling at MSRP, so let's see what their dealers will offer.

Botach was running a good pre-sale on them, with the launch they are $645.

Link Posted: 9/13/2024 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I had the chance to see one at the NRA annual meeting early this year.  It was nice.  Agree that the price seems a bit high, but my order is in.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#17]
In for one.   Botach has them for 580 before theft.  I use unity mounts and enjoy the red dot + magnifier combo.  My favorite magnifier to date is the aimpoint 3x-mag1 so we'll see how it stacks up.
View Quote

I have the 3x-1.  Curious to see how the 4x Unity stands against it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 10:09:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Messed with the Unity 4x side by side with an Aimpoint 3XC today. Unity felt slightly heavier with a slightly smaller eye box, but the glass looked slightly better. The rail grabber on the Unity was impressively streamlined.
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the review. I will wait for more reviews. I tried a commercial Aimpoint magnifier and was not a fan. It all has to do with my eyesight, not so much the magnifier itself. For a point of reference, I enjoy my Steiner 1-4x P4x and Kahles LPVOs. I do however want a different solution for my SBR AR 11.5" than a LPVO now. Back to an Aimpoint or something similar....
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Got it in and did some side by side comparison with the Aimpoint 3x mag-1.  The glass quality is good, the new style mount is good.  My biggest complaint is the eyebox.  With the aimpoint 3xmag-1 you can place it on any of the few back pic rail slots on the upper and play with it to see which position on the rail works best.

With the unity 4x you have to mount it on the rear most pic rail to get any useable eye box.  Even then it's still got a tight eye box.  If your eye is not perfectly centered and close enough you will get bad scope shadow. The aimpoint 3x mag-1 is more forgiving in this matter. I do like the unity 4x more than the g45 due to being smaller and lighter weight.  The eye box on the g45 was worse than the unity 4x from what I remember, but I sold it so I can't do a side by side comparison.

Link Posted: 9/18/2024 4:14:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnDough] [#21]
Got it in and did some side by side comparison with the Aimpoint 3x mag-1.  The glass quality is good, the new style mount is good.  My biggest complaint is the eyebox.  With the aimpoint 3xmag-1 you can place it on any of the few back pic rail slots on the upper and play with it to see which position on the rail works best.

With the unity 4x you have to mount it on the rear most pic rail to get any useable eye box.  Even then it's still got a tight eye box.  If your eye is not perfectly centered and close enough you will get bad scope shadow. The aimpoint 3x mag-1 is more forgiving in this matter. I do like the unity 4x more than the g45 due to being smaller and lighter weight.  The eye box on the g45 was worse than the unity 4x from what I remember, but I sold it so I can't do a side by side comparison.

View Quote

How does the glass quality compare to MAG1? Also, what optic are you using for the RDS portion? How crisp is the dot? I recall the G33 is a perfect circle behind a T2, but the G45 elongates the dot a hair, even if you set diopter correctly for infinity focus as one must.
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 8:16:18 AM EDT
[#22]

How does the glass quality compare to MAG1? Also, what optic are you using for the RDS portion? How crisp is the dot? I recall the G33 is a perfect circle behind a T2, but the G45 elongates the dot a hair, even if you set diopter correctly for infinity focus as one must.
View Quote
The glass quality is very comparable to the mag1. Side by side in real time I have trouble saying one is better than the other, the 4x has a slightly smaller FOV than the mag1.  To reiterate the biggest difference I notice between the two is the tighter eyebox on the unity 4x.  I am using a t2 and the dot looks round when I set the parallax for my eye.  I notice no tail on the dot like I did with the g45 (another reason I sold it).
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#23]
The glass quality is very comparable to the mag1. Side by side in real time I have trouble saying one is better than the other, the 4x has a slightly smaller FOV than the mag1.  To reiterate the biggest difference I notice between the two is the tighter eyebox on the unity 4x.  I am using a t2 and the dot looks round when I set the parallax for my eye.  I notice no tail on the dot like I did with the g45 (another reason I sold it).
View Quote

Sounds like a home run unless it has wonky parallax or something, which I would think they would have T&E'ed out, as the Unity folks actually shot.
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Comparing the Unity 4x to the Aimpoint 3xMag-1 I generally agree with previous comparison.

The 3xmag-1 body is longer so it extends further back, meaning I don't have to collapse my stock for proper eye relief. 3xMag-1 is overall bulkier with housing/rubber armor.

FOV is reduced with the Unity 4x, but that's what you get when you go up in magnification, right?

Postal scale weight of the Unity 4x is less than 1oz below the 3xmag-1 in Unity mount. No difference really.

The 4x rail mount is super slick but it has to be to run it as far back on the rail as you have to for proper eye relief.

I'm really on the fence which one to keep.
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 10:22:38 PM EDT
[#25]
The specs are really close to the Juliet4.  Really close.  Juliet4 is slightly better but I assume the Korean sourced glass will be higher quality.  If someone has both to compare please post a comparison.
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 6:45:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: moorees335] [#26]
Will it clear a MBUS 3 rear sight when down or any other rear sight?
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 12:07:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DefenderAO] [#27]
View All Quotes

Another consideration is the 3x-1 is longer, so you have more flexibility for its location regarding eye relief.  

I really considered the 4x Unity as the 1x addition seemed attractive, but the reported limited eye box and eye relief compromise of needing to run the stock in more than I like may not be worth it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 12:09:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By vandal:
Comparing the Unity 4x to the Aimpoint 3xMag-1 I generally agree with previous comparison.

The 3xmag-1 body is longer so it extends further back, meaning I don't have to collapse my stock for proper eye relief. 3xMag-1 is overall bulkier with housing/rubber armor.

FOV is reduced with the Unity 4x, but that's what you get when you go up in magnification, right?

Postal scale weight of the Unity 4x is less than 1oz below the 3xmag-1 in Unity mount. No difference really.

The 4x rail mount is super slick but it has to be to run it as far back on the rail as you have to for proper eye relief.

I'm really on the fence which one to keep.
View Quote

The 3x-1 is so expensive you're not going to get close to money back by selling it.  I'd keep both.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#29]
TWELVE oz?!

Too effin heavy for a 4x

Link Posted: 9/22/2024 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ar15joe:
TWELVE oz?!

Too effin heavy for a 4x

View Quote

No different than an Aimpoint 3x plus their mount.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top