Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2024 9:03:56 AM EDT
Who runs this mount?  How much does it raise the optic compared to the factory default mount?  What are the pros and cons?
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:06:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 2:08:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one that I tried out with the offset mount,

Don’t use it though because the lack of QD.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one and I like it, certainly more than the factory mount. I’m don’t remember how high it’s raised compared to the factory mount, but I know the numbers are out there.

Lack of QD doesn’t bother be either because my eyes can’t do irons anymore and I just don’t take it off.

Other than that, zero problems with it and I don’t plan on getting rid off it.

Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:24:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: osprey21] [#4]
This is not GD - post accordingly.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:57:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I did until I sold my ACOG for a VCOG. I put it on a .875 riser to make it 2.91". I like it. Dont see many people doing it around me but I got scolded by an instructor once. He explicitly told me I was a retard. Had a spare upper with a GBRS Lerna. He didnt bother me anymore after.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 1:44:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TBone556:
Gays run them. Get a 5.5 Kram spacer if you’re going to raise an acog/vcog. Unity stuff is key west in June lame.
View Quote

Pedos run Kram spacers because of the name.

Have anything constructive to say or are you gonna continue being the Texas intellectual that you’re proving to be in a tech forum?
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 9:18:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sidpost] [#7]
Originally Posted By Claytonhoneyberry:
I have one and I like it, certainly more than the factory mount. I'm don't remember how high it's raised compared to the factory mount, but I know the numbers are out there.

Lack of QD doesn't bother be either because my eyes can't do irons anymore and I just don't take it off.

Other than that, zero problems with it and I don't plan on getting rid off it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/515930/20231226_133808-3127543.jpg
View Quote

That looks really promising to me!

Link Posted: 9/25/2024 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By R0N:
I have one that I tried out with the offset mount,

Don't use it though because the lack of QD.
View Quote

If it needs a new home, let me know. At the right price, it could be a win-win for both of us.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Gays run them. Get a 5.5 Kram spacer if you're going to raise an acog/vcog. Unity stuff is key west in June lame.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2024 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Gays run them. Get a 5.5 Kram spacer if you’re going to raise an acog/vcog. Unity stuff is key west in June lame.
View Quote

This is the third or so time I've seen you make these incredibly non-tech comments regarding Unity mounts.

Some people like them, and this is tech.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 3:34:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#11]
Originally Posted By sidpost:
Who runs this mount?  How much does it raise the optic compared to the factory default mount?  What are the pros and cons?
View Quote

My assumption is that they raise it the same as their LPVO mount, which I believe is 2.05 if I recall.

Advantages are quite simple- you don't have to drop your head and can easily keep a neutral shooting stance.  

Huge bonus when you're running plates and a helmet.  I get significantly less neck fatigue, and find it much easier to present my rifle from the compressed low ready or high ready position...and its much easier to use while moving since you're not putting your upper body in some compressed position to get behind the optic.

Downside is they're not the best in the prone position-  In the same fashion that it works great standing without having to drop your head....it forces you to do the same in the prone.  Another downside may potentially be how they impact the BDC on your ACOG.  It will change it, but its nothing that you can't easily plug into a ballistic calculator to figure out.

I run them on everything I have unless the the purpose of that rifle is primarily to be used in the prone position.
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:05:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

This is the third or so time I've seen you make these incredibly non-tech comments regarding Unity mounts.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@Marksman14

The ghost of Hawkins is still alive
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#13]

My assumption is that they raise it the same as their LPVO mount, which I believe is 2.05 if I recall.

Advantages are quite simple- you don't have to drop your head and can easily keep a neutral shooting stance.  

Huge bonus when you're running plates and a helmet.  I get significantly less neck fatigue, and find it much easier to present my rifle from the compressed low ready or high ready position...and its much easier to use while moving since you're not putting your upper body in some compressed position to get behind the optic.

Downside is they're not the best in the prone position-  In the same fashion that it works great standing without having to drop your head....it forces you to do the same in the prone.  Another downside may potentially be how they impact the BDC on your ACOG.  It will change it, but its nothing that you can't easily plug into a ballistic calculator to figure out.

I run them on everything I have unless the the purpose of that rifle is primarily to be used in the prone position.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

This is a way better assessment than what I posted above, and I agree 100%.
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

I won't shoot this rifle prone.

And a huge thanks for the helpful post!
Link Posted: Yesterday 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#15]

I won't shoot this rifle prone.

And a huge thanks for the helpful post!
View Quote

My advice is to run the ACOG all the way back so you don't have to crunch your neck forward. If you think about it a heavy forward neck crunch is the same as a erect heads up shooting just on different planes.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top