Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2024 1:53:58 PM EDT
I am planning on running a Trijicon TR24 & a LaRue LT204 scope mount but before I pull the trigger I thought I would throw up a post and ask if there are any better mounts out there I should be looking at?

Are there any QD scope mounts that are quality and lighter than the LT204?
Weight savings is a huge plus for me

Link Posted: 9/10/2024 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I am running an ADM mount.  Should be similar but at a little lower cost
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 12:15:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an LT104 SPR-1.93 and it has near perfect return to zero. I usually only have to make 1-2 clicks in any direction to be spot on after taking it off.

My only other experience with QD mounts for scopes is the Burris P.E.P.R. mounts and they are less accurate in return-to-zero than the Larue mounts. The only other mounts I use are Aero lightweights on range guns.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 1:05:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I like larue mounts, but their price has shot up full-tard. I've had good luck with ADM too. If you want larue, they're good, but find a sale or something. I don't think I've bought more than a couple of pistol grips and some index clips since the price hike. Great mounts. Just pricing themselves out of contention now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 10:55:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember LaRue mounts used to cost $200 now there 400 and the ADM's are $320 so not exactly cheep either.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:06:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JimJones:
I remember LaRue mounts used to cost $200 now there 400 and the ADM's are $320 so not exactly cheep either.
View Quote

Plain Recons are $200-250.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#6]
The MI scope mounts I have all return to zero. They are cheaper than LaRue and have one of the warranties in the business. I have moved away from QD mounts, but I kept the MI mounts
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I prefer the LaRue, but for $300.00, I dunno. It's $399 on the LaRue site but $299 at Primary Arms. Currently I'm using an ADM mount I've had for years but it's gonna be replaced with a Geissele as soon as it gets back in stock.  The Geissele was $265 so that's why I went with it over the LaRue.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 1:39:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SPTiger:
I prefer the LaRue, but for $300.00, I dunno. It's $399 on the LaRue site but $299 at Primary Arms. Currently I'm using an ADM mount I've had for years but it's gonna be replaced with a Geissele as soon as it gets back in stock.  The Geissele was $265 so that's why I went with it over the LaRue.
View Quote

Just checked Primary Arms is out of stock on the LaRue mounts $299 is a fair price that I was instantly ready to pull the trigger on.  How are they on restocking?  Do you guys think it will be quick?
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 8:16:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Just checked Primary Arms is out of stock on the LaRue mounts $299 is a fair price that I was instantly ready to pull the trigger on.  How are they on restocking?  Do you guys think it will be quick?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SPTiger:

It varies depending on the product, but PA is pretty quick on restocking (like 1-2 weeks). Also, Larue is located about 5-6 hours from PA, so it wouldn't take long to get resupplied from Larue, I would think.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 11:38:19 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

The LT204 is in stock and $299 at several places.

Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top