BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any lower can be used. You won't find one sold as a pistol...stripped lowers are all sold as "other".

Buy the one you like, build it into an AR pistol. You can go Pistol->SBR->Pistol, but you can't go SBR->Pistol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lonewolf stripped lower..

Or one that's just sold as a pistol with no tube so I can add my own.

Any lower can be used. You won't find one sold as a pistol...stripped lowers are all sold as "other".

Buy the one you like, build it into an AR pistol. You can go Pistol->SBR->Pistol, but you can't go SBR->Pistol.

So just buy a stripped lower from lone wolf then build up? I can't buy a complete lower because it's already registered as a rifle correct?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What is your overall length with the stock extended?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got an Aimpoint Pro on my 9mm AR, went with it because of the battery life since it's my new bedside gun with the 45 Octane on it and it stays on all the time.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1424/13602099/24383929/409634832.jpg

What barrel length and rail combo is that again?

It's a 4.5" Adco barrel and a 9" Spikes BAR2 rail

I'll have to measure it when I get it all put back together, but I think it is around 26-27".  The "stock" is a Sig pistol brace though, so it is a fixed length.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:50:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So just buy a stripped lower from lone wolf then build up? I can't buy a complete lower because it's already registered as a rifle correct?
View Quote

Lower receivers should transfer as "other". It's not a rifle without a barrel.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:05:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even complete lowers?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cant build a pistol if it comes with a stock if understand correctly. I knew who Lonewolf was which is why I used a question mark.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Even complete lowers?
View Quote

Even complete lowers.

Go read the 4473, question 18 and the instructions that go with it.

If you are still concerned, go look up the GCA definition of "rifle" and "handgun".
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Even complete lowers.

If you are still concerned, go look up the GCA definition of "rifle" and "handgun".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Even complete lowers?

Even complete lowers.

Thanks for helping me out. Sometimes, the class 3 stuff is easier to deal with than this.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Even complete lowers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Even complete lowers?

Even complete lowers.

It is most definitely a other until it is built but are you sure you can build a complete lower into a pistol.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It is most definitely a other until it is built but are you sure you can build a complete lower into a pistol.
View Quote

I'm not sure how you can ask that question the way you phrased it.

If it's "most definitely" an other, then come up with one legal reason you can't build it into a pistol. It's goes from other to pistol...never hits rifle configuration without an upper.

We won't even get into the legal way to turn a rifle into a pistol...but it's out there.

ETA: you might also want to get familiar with ATF ruling 2011-4
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:43:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If it's "most definitely" an other, then come up with one legal reason you can't build it into a pistol. It's goes from other to pistol...never hits rifle configuration without an upper.

We won't even get into the legal way to turn a rifle into a pistol...but it's out there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My head hurts...
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is where I always get confused they start with
The
inclusion of the rifle stock in the package brought the Contender pistol and carbine kit
within the "intended to be fired from the shoulder" language in the definition of rifle at 26
U.S.C. 5845(c).

Apparently I am mistaken. I thought it was settled on here that it had to be a stripped or stockless lower to be pistol.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#12]
The package had barrels to be concerned with...no way to make a complete lower into a rifle without that pesky barrel.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 3:21:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'll have to measure it when I get it all put back together, but I think it is around 26-27".  The "stock" is a Sig pistol brace though, so it is a fixed length.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've got an Aimpoint Pro on my 9mm AR, went with it because of the battery life since it's my new bedside gun with the 45 Octane on it and it stays on all the time.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1424/13602099/24383929/409634832.jpg

What barrel length and rail combo is that again?

It's a 4.5" Adco barrel and a 9" Spikes BAR2 rail

If you could just let me know the measurement from the rear of the receiver to the end of the barrel, that would work.  I can extrapolate the rest...

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#14]
My Colt lower with a 10.5" RRA upper, nice and simple.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you could just let me know the measurement from the rear of the receiver to the end of the barrel, that would work.  I can extrapolate the rest...  
View Quote

The length of the complete upper receiver from the end of the CH to the end of the barrel is 11.25" and with the hand guard on it's 16.5." With the Octane 45 on it's 19.25" and the overall length of the upper is the same as it would be with a 12.5" barrel.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:35:24 AM EDT
[#16]
My contribution ,9mm DOE
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:25:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
The
inclusion of the rifle stock in the package brought the Contender pistol and carbine kit
within the "intended to be fired from the shoulder" language in the definition of rifle at 26
U.S.C. 5845(c).

The Contender pistol/carbine kit is a complete firearm.  A complete lower is just a lower.

ETA:  Pic thread

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#18]
My 9mm. I really should look into a new camera.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top