User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, I've had zero success bringing my reticle to life. Any ideas on what I should be looking at in terms of fixing it?
View Quote

Make sure its getting power. I assume you tried a different reticle cell.

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#2]
The reticle is just a reticle,.....it's inert. What's not working for you is the reticle diode which is the illuminator. I've had three scopes that had a problem with the reticle illumination and all three were solved simply by removing and reinstalling the diode to restore the electrical contact. Your diode may be bad or there's also the possibility that the problem is in one of the two switches in the system. My guess is that the gain and reticle illumination rheostats are identical and I've seen bad examples of both. It could also be the reticle position of the on/off switch. It could even be wiring somewhere.

I'd pull the diode and put 3v to it to see if it lights. If it lights I'd try to clean the contacts where it threads in. I haven't needed to pull any knobs or switches yet but that's where I'd go next.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top