Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#1]
"Kids for silencers". Ha!
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Well now we all have to get one!
I know I got a kid or two that I can do without.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Kids for silencers". Ha!
View Quote

LMAO!  That was awesome!
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 6:22:35 AM EDT
[#4]
"Keep hitting F5!"
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 12:30:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like the cease and desist order just came out.

"April 1, 2014

URGENT NOTICE TO: All Registered ATF eForms users

As you are aware for several weeks the eForms application has been experiencing some technical problems that have rendered the application difficult or impossible to use. We apologize for the issues that our customers have been experiencing. We have been diligently working to resolve these issues and have sought the assistance of IT systems experts.

Those experts have advised us of one major problem; that the eForms system is NOT designed to accept batch uploads. We have noted that several of our registered eForms users have designed and use a “batch/multiple submission process” that we have determined has been contributing to the problems that eForms is experiencing. ATF did NOT grant these users any authorization to use this process. eForms was designed to work as a serial application, with each user making one submission at a time. The “batch/multiple submission processes” are creating a situation where processes are initiated and not completed within the eForms application. This is causing “memory allocation errors” within the eForms application. The result is that many users are prevented from being able to log-in. Another symptom is that once users log-in, the system moves so slowly that it is taking 20 minutes or more to move from one screen to the next. Users are also reporting that they are unable to successfully submit an application even if they are fortunate enough to make it to the submission page.

Because the “batch/multiple submission processes” have been identified as a major contributing factor to these problems, we are requesting that any registered eForms user who is currently using any “batch/multiple submission process” discontinue the use of any such process IMMEDIATELY. Any user who continues to use a “batch/multiple submission process” for eForms, after the dissemination of this message will have his/her access to the eForms system suspended or revoked. Please understand that we are not asserting that the users of the “batch/multiple submission process” did anything wrong. Unfortunately, our system was not designed to handle batch processes which are causing unexpected problems for our system.

ATF is currently assessing whether there are other improvements that can address the problems identified. One of the issues that we will address in the future will be the creation of a batch process that will be available to all eForms users without a detrimental effect on the performance of the eForms system. Until that time we request your compliance with the above, and appreciate your cooperation and patience."
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My last can that I picked up, before I walked out employee said oh wait, forgot to give your swag.  Got the MIT, mini flashlight and a couple pens.  I appreciated it, but they didn't have to do that.  That MIT is nice with a screw on can with FA fire to keep can tight.  Would have gladly paid their asking price of $5 for it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

[snip]
  No, they suck. They had the audacity to cheat me out of a oven mitt tactical suppressor removal tool by not including one with my last suppressor purchase.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj135/BigWonton/MyFirearms/oven_mitts_zpsc2b6cde2.jpg~original

I'm not sure if I can ever support them again with the way their customer service and attention to detail has slipped...

Don't feel bad. I have bought 3 cans from them and have only gotten 1 oven mitt, and I had to ask for it, like a beggar or something. I did get a free hat and mini flashlight during the grand opening last year.

My last can that I picked up, before I walked out employee said oh wait, forgot to give your swag.  Got the MIT, mini flashlight and a couple pens.  I appreciated it, but they didn't have to do that.  That MIT is nice with a screw on can with FA fire to keep can tight.  Would have gladly paid their asking price of $5 for it.

I wasn't aware they gave you that stuff.  I have bought two suppressors from them and didn't get anything extra.  I do keep a welding glove in my range bag for messing with suppressors when I need to.  I think theyre a great place to do business with regardless.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted: We have been in contact with the ATF since receiving the above notice this afternoon and are pleased to be able to report that we have modified our submission process to comply with the ATF requirements without any undue burden on our customers submissions.
View Quote
Bravo guys!
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#9]
How long have the mitts been around?  I ordered an Octane and had it sent to my SOT in my home state.  My old SOT recently retired and this new SOT I've never used before.  I haven't visited him or viewed the can.  I'll get it when NFA sends the stamp.  

But, since this is a new guy, I'm wondering if he got my mitt and didn't happen to mention it?

BTW, Silencer Shop rocks!,  I've been buying nfa for 20 years and I wish they were around years ago when you could get F 4's approved in 2 months.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 2:49:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#12]
This whole thing makes me laugh.  Internet yahoos and gun bloggers spend a week poo-pooing SilencerShop's business practices and predicting doom because of a rumored ATF C&D letter.

Said letter comes out and SilencerShop adjusts accordingly.........in less than 24 hours.  I'm pretty sure they've got their shit squared away.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This whole thing makes me laugh.  Internet yahoos and gun bloggers spend a week poo-pooing SilencerShop's business practices and predicting doom because of a rumored ATF C&D letter.

Said letter comes out and SilencerShop adjusts accordingly.........in less than 24 hours.  I'm pretty sure they've got their shit squared away.
View Quote

More like 4 hours
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We have been in contact with the ATF since receiving the above notice this afternoon and are pleased to be able to report that we have modified our submission process to comply with the ATF requirements without any undue burden on our customers submissions.
View Quote

You guys are just the tits, that is all... and will be seeing more of my money soon!
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 11:19:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now eForms will function perfectly!  I'm going to test it right now!

ETA:  eForms Outage
Due to daily maintenance, the e-Forms system is temporarily unavailable.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 4:10:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Is the Silencer Shop website having issues or is it just me? I've tried looking at it on my phone and tablet. Several of the links don't work and only one or two pictures load per page, if any. The link posted above only loads a blank page. Ive tried rebooting, deleting the cache, etc. with no luck.

I started seeing this two days ago and it's the only site I'm having trouble with.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:41:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Is the Silencer Shop website having issues or is it just me? I've tried looking at it on my phone and tablet. Several of the links don't work and only one or two pictures load per page, if any. The link posted above only loads a blank page. Ive tried rebooting, deleting the cache, etc. with no luck.

I started seeing this two days ago and it's the only site I'm having trouble with.
View Quote

It's not just you. I had issues with pics loading yesterday. Specifically looking at the Spectre II when I noticed it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:59:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's not just you. I had issues with pics loading yesterday. Specifically looking at the Spectre II when I noticed it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 6:19:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably an attempted DOS attack from more pissed off competition.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 7:22:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
As far as the mitts are concerned:  The sad truth is, we ran out.  More are on the way but they aren't in yet.  If you recently got a suppressor from us and didn't get a tactical suppressor removal tool (now in black so it's 30% more tactical!) just send me a note with your name and address and I'll have some sent out to you as soon as they come in.
View Quote

Mark, should each can come with one or is it one per shipment? I had 3 cans that just got transferred to me last month and only one mitt came with them.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 7:25:56 AM EDT
[#21]
I emailed them about the Saker 7.62 and gave them a heads up about the pics not working  yesterday, I'm sure they're working on a fix.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 9:50:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:We are having some technical issues.  We're working on a fix right now and should have things back to normal soon.
View Quote

Thanks.  The first time I noticed it just happened to be right after I had made a few "tweeks" to the browser on my tablet and I was worried I had royally screwed something up.  It was a little while before I tried it on another device and realized it was an issue limited to only your site.  

I hope it's all back up and running soon.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top