Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2024 8:32:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Coffin-Nail]
Attachment Attached File

ETA: Missed this the first time through.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 10:07:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Last year or so has been a good time to be an AUGtismo. So much cool stuff has come out.

Alas, these things always get released when I'm at my brokest
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 6:16:40 AM EDT
[#3]
It won't be for several more months at least if ever knowing them.

It's not like they've never lied to us about release dates or upcoming products before.

I'll believe it when I see it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 10:22:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#4]
Why limited production?

F*&% that. I don't play stupid games.  Either make them or don't.  

Link Posted: 8/17/2024 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
Why limited production?

F*&% that. I don't play stupid games.  Either make them or don't.  

View Quote

From the wording they’re just “kicking off production” with this limited edition release. Hopefully that means there’s more to come.
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 11:58:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#6]
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 4:06:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#7]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

... so what difference does it make to you as an individual consumer?

View Quote

Because when companies make a limited edition, the products are usually overpriced and sell out immediately.

Then you'll see people flipping them for even more money a few weeks later.

If it's just a kick off for regular production later, then fine. Maybe I misread it.  But if it's just a limited edition to make 88 people feel special, then f^$# that.

Link Posted: 8/17/2024 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't see them just making 88 of them. Hopefully this is just a pre production kick off. Time will tell. Good days for the AUG enthusiast. I remember you could not even get parts.
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#9]
dang, I would love to get one, hopefully they will come in lower in full production.
wanted one since the 80's
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 11:16:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#10]
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 2:23:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#11]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:
If you read the ad it says they are kicking off reintroduction of the 9mm AUG with 88 built to be as close to the original MPI88 as possible (i..e no screw holes in the receiver for the current side accesory rail to make it more like the original AUG), and that this special edition is an RSR exclusive.  

I am reading it that this is just a special edition,  and that there will be a more common model 9mm AUG after these that all Steyr distributors will carry- most likely with a picatinny top rail and side rail, and less expensive since there won't be the optic mounted.

View Quote
 I read "reintroduction" as talking about just the 88 "limited edition" copies for the US market. But if your interpretation is the case, then I'm all for it.

I'd actually prefer one similar to my A3 M1.

A conversion kit would be even more awesome!
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#12]
If you read the ad
View Quote

LOL We all read the ad.
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 8:40:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm hoping we see future 'modern' models that take Glock mags, similar to what they did for Brazil in .40:

Whereas mostly Glock mags are about saving money, here it really is the appropriate modern Austrian 9mm SMG magazine.
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
I'm hoping we see future 'modern' models that take Glock mags, similar to what they did for Brazil in .40:

https://cdn-fastly.thefirearmblog.com/media/2024/05/19/14652874/sao-paulo-police-select-the-steyr-aug-smg-in-40-caliber.jpg?size=720x845&nocrop=1

Whereas mostly Glock mags are about saving money, here it really is the appropriate modern Austrian 9mm SMG magazine.
View Quote

Ugh that looks like a tapco-fucked bag of dicks
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 8:14:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spydercomonkey] [#15]
Originally Posted By mcantu:

View Quote

Yeah the accessories, especially the bizarre adjustable stock butpad is whack. Photo edited to de-tapco a bit:

Here's someones mod of the Heresy conversion, showing cleaner lines. Ideal would be though just normal AUG w/ VFG (not extraneous rails) with a glock mag.

Link Posted: 8/19/2024 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#16]
It's absolutely horribly sad that the heresy design kits won't feed and function correctly.
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#17]
That doesn’t excite me at all. I have 4 9mm kits and that gun is gimmicky. Make it a SBR with the XS rail and grip then it’s something to get excited about but as is that’s just not appealing.
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 9:13:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TSH77769:
It's absolutely horribly sad that the heresy design kits won't feed and function correctly.
View Quote

Eh, no big loss. The heresy kit looks like it fell into a 2006 YHM catalog.
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

https://cdn-fastly.thefirearmblog.com/media/2024/05/19/14652874/sao-paulo-police-select-the-steyr-aug-smg-in-40-caliber.jpg?size=720x845&nocrop=1

I agree. That turd is gun AIDS.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Over on reddit people are talking like the MP88 limited edition thing is some NAZI conspiracy that Steyr is running.

Pathetic commie shtbags.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TSH77769:
Over on reddit people are talking like the MP88 limited edition thing is some NAZI conspiracy that Steyr is running.

Pathetic commie shtbags.
View Quote

That said, I was really sad they didn't go with a 14% discount on the first 88 guns - what a wasted opportunity
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 4:23:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Just saw this on reddit, a nice clean version of the AUG/Glock mag:

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#23]
That price is lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top