User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Bren 2 (Page 94 of 103)
Page / 103
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wetfuego:
Well, forget about the G36 stock.  Ended up picking up one of those 922r (lol) kits for the factory stock.  Just need to decide what optic to go with.  I have a Steiner MPS sitting around, or was thinking about grabbing another 2x Acog, or being cheap and picking up a GLx 2x for now.
View Quote

I like the Eotech HHS V for my carbine.

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, ended up swapping some optics around and now I've set aside my TA47 for the Bren.  Going to order it next week unless something comes up.  I've been wondering, does CZ put any kind of rockset or other threadlocker on the muzzle device?  Going to swap it out to run one of my cans and I was wondering how much of a pain it's going to be.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, ended up swapping some optics around and now I've set aside my TA47 for the Bren.  Going to order it next week unless something comes up.  I've been wondering, does CZ put any kind of rockset or other threadlocker on the muzzle device?  Going to swap it out to run one of my cans and I was wondering how much of a pain it's going to be.
View Quote

Nope.

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:19:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eurotrash] [#4]
Anybody know where I can get spare ejectors and springs for 5.56?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:17:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: d13s3l] [#5]
Originally Posted By geriatricpollywog:
Anybody know where I can get spare ejectors and springs for 5.56?
View Quote

disregard, not in stock
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:49:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:

Nope.

View Quote

Thanks, that's good to hear.

Well, couldn't wait so went ahead and ordered the Bren.  This is my first non-AR 5.56 gun, we'll see how it is.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 5:44:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Glad I stepped up to the Bren.

Link Posted: 10/1/2022 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Citizen904:
Glad I stepped up to the Bren.

https://i.ibb.co/X5RgM0x/33-F860-F5-B2-C8-4-C28-9838-D688-DA7-CA74-C.jpg
View Quote

Is that an FM15 second one down? And are you the guy who figured out how to wrap the G36 forend around a BRN-180? How do you compare the two?
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#9]
There's enough money there to buy a damned decent car. Nice collection, sir.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Calling it done now. Wait time on form 4 paper 1 year and a day.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Heavy655:

Is that an FM15 second one down? And are you the guy who figured out how to wrap the G36 forend around a BRN-180? How do you compare the two?
View Quote

Yes and yes. The BRN180 is normal weight to me and feels sturdier I love the 17 Design folding lower on mine. I wish the charging handle could swap sides.  Shoots great. The FM15 feels amazingly light (all of my other guns are piston driven and weight more). The FM15 Controls, especially the charging handle are very stiff out of the box. It needs a lot of lubrication to get it loosened up but I love the gun.

I just made a video of a bunch of these guns and how they fit in a regular laptop backpack. I was a bit surprised at how easily most of them fit in there.

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By armoredman:
There's enough money there to buy a damned decent car. Nice collection, sir.
View Quote

Ha thank you!
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:17:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Just throwing this out there. I am looking to trade my Bren2 carbine barrel/gas system, factory hand guard, and a SF warcomp for someones factory 14" 556 barrel. I don't need your hand guard.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:54:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wetfuego] [#14]
Got my Bren 11" in and so far I'm impressed.  The trigger has a decent amount of take-up, but the weight is really light (pulling 3.4 lbs on my gauge).  The bolt feels super smooth and the recoil spring is not very stiff.  I think the bolt feels better than my friend's APC223, but I'll have to compare them side-by-side to know for sure.  Threw a Res K on the front and it feels well balanced.  Doesn't have that front-heavy feel that most piston rifles have.

Now I have to send off my Form 1 prints and figure out what dedicated can I'm going to run on it.  Also need to take a dremel to the ambi safety because it's digging into my index finger (I cut off all ambi safeties).
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 10:01:02 PM EDT
[#15]
For those interested, I sent a Customer Service request to CZ asking for a new gas valve (the new 3 hole version they produce) and I just received it in the mail today.  Seems like they are available for at least the 9'' versions.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 8:02:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apocalypserisin] [#16]
So I put the new gas regulator/piston set from HBI through 4 mags today on my 9" x39 franken bren 2 (started as a 2020 oem 11" x39 2S, then swapped to a 2018 9" x39 barrel with matching BCG), to mixed results. Used the new regulator, piston, and the oem spring from the 11" barrel assembly. All 4 mags shot using Wolf Polyformance.

First mag unsuppressed: started off on the suppressor gas setting, and got a failure to feed after 3-4 rounds (as expected). Note this was not a fte, but ftf where the round is stuck between the bolt and the chamber not being able to be seated. Swapped to normal gas setting and got through rest of the mag fine. Brass was ejecting pretty weakly at 3 o'clock on the suppressor setting, and launching pretty far 1-2 o'clock on the normal gas setting, with some hitting the front of the ejection port still, similar to the oem regulators.

Second mag suppressed with 762-RC2: started on suppressor setting immediate failure to feed after the first round, similar to the above malfunctions. Swapped to normal gas setting and went through mag fine, but was getting 1-2 ejection again with some cases hitting the ejection port.

Third mag suppressed with 762-RC2: swapped back to suppressor setting, was getting 3-4 o'clock ejection, but still fairly weak. Halfway through the mag, got a failure to feed, but this time it seems like the bcg was completely unable to strip around from the mag. The bolt was not stuck at all, and no round was in the gun anywhere at all; bolt just closed on empty chamber without stripping a round from the mag. Rest of the mag with no issues but same weakish ejection.

Fourth mag suppressed with 762-RC2: no failures at all through this last mag, but same 3-4 o'clock weakish ejection.

Will be reaching out to HBI to see what they think. Seems like the suppressor setting is just the TINIEST bit undergassed for the RC2. While not a flow through can, the 762-RC2 has relatively little backpressure compared to other traditional baffle cans.

Side note, man this regulator makes giant ass fireballs. I recorded most of my rounds from these 4 mags, and on the lowest gas setting, jets of flame longer than even the 762-RC2 can can be seen every few rounds, and the 762-RC2 is already a longboi can.

Link Posted: 10/8/2022 12:13:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By apocalypserisin:
So I put the new gas regulator/piston set from HBI through 4 mags today on my 9" x39 franken bren 2 (started as a 2020 oem 11" x39 2S, then swapped to a 2018 9" x39 barrel with matching BCG), to mixed results. Used the new regulator, piston, and the oem spring from the 11" barrel assembly. All 4 mags shot using Wolf Polyformance.

First mag unsuppressed: started off on the suppressor gas setting, and got a failure to feed after 3-4 rounds (as expected). Note this was not a fte, but ftf where the round is stuck between the bolt and the chamber not being able to be seated. Swapped to normal gas setting and got through rest of the mag fine. Brass was ejecting pretty weakly at 3 o'clock on the suppressor setting, and launching pretty far 1-2 o'clock on the normal gas setting, with some hitting the front of the ejection port still, similar to the oem regulators.

Second mag suppressed with 762-RC2: started on suppressor setting immediate failure to feed after the first round, similar to the above malfunctions. Swapped to normal gas setting and went through mag fine, but was getting 1-2 ejection again with some cases hitting the ejection port.

Third mag suppressed with 762-RC2: swapped back to suppressor setting, was getting 3-4 o'clock ejection, but still fairly weak. Halfway through the mag, got a failure to feed, but this time it seems like the bcg was completely unable to strip around from the mag. The bolt was not stuck at all, and no round was in the gun anywhere at all; bolt just closed on empty chamber without stripping a round from the mag. Rest of the mag with no issues but same weakish ejection.

Fourth mag suppressed with 762-RC2: no failures at all through this last mag, but same 3-4 o'clock weakish ejection.

Will be reaching out to HBI to see what they think. Seems like the suppressor setting is just the TINIEST bit undergassed for the RC2. While not a flow through can, the 762-RC2 has relatively little backpressure compared to other traditional baffle cans.

Side note, man this regulator makes giant ass fireballs. I recorded most of my rounds from these 4 mags, and on the lowest gas setting, jets of flame longer than even the 762-RC2 can can be seen every few rounds, and the 762-RC2 is already a longboi can.

https://i.imgur.com/2fjxalG.jpg
View Quote

I literally have the same set-up (GIGN-like) only diff Holosun 508 on the ACOG and diff can system for a few years now. Here's the perfect set-up combo I've found with my 9" 2S

-Use the stock 9" regulator, have HBI drill the blank position for suppressed supersonic use
-adverse for subsonic suppressed
-normal for unsuppressed supers
-suppressed setting for suppressed supers
-Do not use the HBI piston spring they try to give you. That is junk and throws off the balance of the system
-The 2S have a weaker hammer spring. Good luck getting CZ to sell you one, took many calls/emails over 2 years to finally get someone to send me one which I ended up being correct and that was what was needed to perfect the system. The stiffer hammer springs addressed any LPS I would get with Red Standard Army, and it helped finely tune and slow down the bolt velocity to the perfect amount
-I don't get the giant venting flame you are getting suppressed with a few different cans. I wonder if either the 11" regulator you are using has more venting or make sure you check your regulator and strip it down of any lubricate, than lightly lube it and wipe it dry. If you hose it down with lube, the piston puck can get easily stuck and build pressure there maybe explaining the fire ball
-I glued a cut rangerband strip on the face of the stock to seal as the BR stock has a nasty 1/8" gap that dumps gas right in your face. This omission and the bolt release inside the trigger guard shows amateur design on CZ Euro part IMO. All in all its a sweet rifle though properly set-up and performs in an uber light-weight compared to anything else 7.62x39
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 2:01:01 AM EDT
[#18]
If I have a Rotex .30 suppressor do I need to do anything with the flash hider (Rocksett/etc.?) before using?
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 9:54:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sweet5ltr] [#19]
Originally Posted By apocalypserisin:

https://i.imgur.com/2fjxalG.jpg
View Quote

The reliability issue was never with the gas system, but the ejector spring.  The guns ran fine once this was addressed.  The Bren 2 (x39) bolts were sent out with machining debris still left in the channel, which binds the spring, and causes inconsistent ejection & FTEs at random, that are only magnified by the platform being over gassed (improperly timed).  Ask HBI if you should check the ejector spring channel in the bolt for debris, they're the ones who solved the issue within a week.  I believe they were gagged by CZ-USA / CZ-UB which didn't have the capacity to actually resolve the issue at that time (2020), which would have led to a mass recall.  

I worked with HBI, the gas regulator port sizing for suppressors and the enhanced piston spring were based on the testing from my 11" Bren 2s that experienced the worst FTE rate they've seen (FTE every 5-rounds or so).  I've now fired over 3,000-rounds without an FTE.  

Ammunition types - Yugo M67, Wolf, Tula, Golden Tiger, etc.  I've fired everything after it was fixed, with & without a can, and no issues.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Smurgeon:
For those interested, I sent a Customer Service request to CZ asking for a new gas valve (the new 3 hole version they produce) and I just received it in the mail today.  Seems like they are available for at least the 9'' versions.
View Quote

Is this an official product? Can't find anything on it. Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:28:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#21]
11 incher at 100 yards. Used M855 - why? It was what I grabbed out of the bag. So, shortest barrel, crappiest ammo, mag rested, seated.

Attachment Attached File

Meh, I guess it did OK. I corrected some sight in issues with the SIG BRAVO 3.

Attachment Attached File

I KNEW I screwed that one up on the left - doesn't change the fact it ruined a halfway decent group. POA was the black square, which was too small, and floated inside the illuminated 3/4 circle sight. Aim small, miss small? Well, I missed small. Yes, I suck, but I suck less than some.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 11:51:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sweet5ltr] [#22]
This is a 2-3 MOA platform on average, and in 5.56 it only performs marginally better than 7.62, so your results are what's to be expected (potential accuracy often improves with shorter barrel lengths).  

That's more accuracy than you'll even need in a self-defense or combat scenario.  2-3 MOA is 1" - 1.5" at 50-yards.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

First time back to this thread in a while.  Is this for 5.56 or x39?  Was just about to send mine in to HBI to get drilled for my 11" 5.56.  What was the cost?
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 8:13:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smurgeon] [#24]
Originally Posted By SIGthusiast:

First time back to this thread in a while.  Is this for 5.56 or x39?  Was just about to send mine in to HBI to get drilled for my 11" 5.56.  What was the cost?
View Quote

It was for a 9'' 7.62x39.  It had zero cost because it was a replacement for a factory one I had sent in a customer service request for.  

I'd encourage you to send the one you have to HBI and then you could always ask CZ for a replacement saying the factory one you have is way over-gassed.  

Take note that I sent in the request in April and just got it recently.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#25]

It was for a 9'' 7.62x39.  It had zero cost because it was a replacement for a factory one I had sent in a customer service request for.  

I'd encourage you to send the one you have to HBI and then you could always ask CZ for a replacement saying the factory one you have is way over-gassed.  

Take note that I sent in the request in April and just got it recently.
View Quote

I sent cz a request for my 9" x39 when you posted and have yet to get a response
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#26]
So what’s the status on these? I keep reading CZ is discontinuing this. I was pondering getting a 11 or a 16 inch bren 2. But I don’t don’t want to be left with something that isn’t supported.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 5:06:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#27]
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#28]
What height rings are yall using for a LPVO?
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By far_right:
What height rings are yall using for a LPVO?
View Quote

I've used 1.5" - 1.7" and they all have been comfortable.

I prefer a slightly taller mount like the 1.7" on these guns, because you can still maintain a decent cheek weld as the stock is angled upward, toward the top picatinny rail instead of straight back like an AR..

If you prefer a more traditional shooting style, get a lower mount. If you prefer a more heads up, "modern" style, get a taller mount.

As with many things, it's ultimately personal preference.

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Just an FYI. Mos-Tek has made a 300bo barrel for the Bren2 and is willing to make barrels in 6arc and 6.5Grendel along with 556.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#31]
New gun day X 4. Got this Bren carbine today. It was just over $1600 plus fees on gunbroker. That’s the cheapest I’ve ever seen a brand new one in the box go for.

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Got my gas plug drilled by HBI, so we'll see how that affects the gas when I take it out tomorrow.  It was a tad gassy on the stock setting while running suppressed.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Got my gas plug drilled by HBI, so we'll see how that affects the gas when I take it out tomorrow.  It was a tad gassy on the stock setting while running suppressed.
View Quote

I ended up putting a oss on my 8” 556 because it was so gassy. Took the sandman S off.0
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 4:29:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By brianjkeene:
Just an FYI. Mos-Tek has made a 300bo barrel for the Bren2 and is willing to make barrels in 6arc and 6.5Grendel along with 556.
View Quote

How hard is the barrel change on these guns?
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#35]
If you have the carbine or a pistol that has the HBI handguard then it’s very easy - just 4 bolts.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#36]
The Bren 11" and the B&T 12" feel very similar with almost identical recoil impulses..

IMG_2407 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 5:06:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: morho] [#37]
HBI sells "optimized gas regulator assembly" with low/medium/high setting. In the video linked with the product, they shoot 5.56 with a suppressor with medium first and brass ejects at 3, then on low, intended for suppressed shooting, and it has softer recoil but ejects at 2. I don't understand, shouldn't the ejection with low gas be more like 4 o'clock?
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Hi Everyone,
I hope MODs are OK with me posting that I make the Bren 2 folding charging handle and extended safety levers that some of you may have seen on Reddit or the Bren 2 FB page. Please PM me here or on Reddit under u/ShahenS if interested.

Thank you
Shahen
Neoteric Designs

Link Posted: 11/10/2022 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#39]

can confirm, both products are quality parts  ;)
recently ordered, tested @ range, liked them... took gun down & sent parts out to cerakoter
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Should I get the 14" and pin/weld muzzle device then add stock or get the 16" and have it cut down to 14" then pin/weld?
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By beaverpelt:
Should I get the 14" and pin/weld muzzle device then add stock or get the 16" and have it cut down to 14" then pin/weld?
View Quote

You would probably want to try to get a longer aftermarket handguard if you go to the 14 inch route because there is a lot of naked barrel sticking out of the short hand guard on that model.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 9:07:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mk4dubbin] [#42]
View Quote

All I have to add is that with the 14" pistol you'll be stuck with shitty, expensive, heavy, and long keymo(aka "perfect" if you're a DA nut swinger), obsolete ASR, or expensive Surefire to meet 16". I'll be going Surefire as I have a G upper with p&w SF device already
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:

All I have to add is that with the 14" pistol you'll be stuck with shitty, expensive, heavy, and long keymo(aka "perfect" if you're a DA nut swinger), obsolete ASR, or expensive Surefire to meet 16". I'll be going Surefire as I have a G upper with p&w SF device already
View Quote

I have a Sandman K so I guess that makes me a DA nut swinger
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#44]

I have a Sandman K so I guess that makes me a DA nut swinger
View Quote

I forgive you. I have a sandman k too, from when they were $400 and I was dumb enough to buy a proprietary mount can
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 9:57:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:

I forgive you. I have a sandman k too, from when they were $400 and I was dumb enough to buy a proprietary mount can
View Quote

I got in on the $400 sale also but I'm all over the place with proprietary mounts.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:26:50 PM EDT
[#46]
I ordered a bunch of spare parts for my 16” carbine from europe-outdoor.eu, including a 16” piston. They sent me an 8-9” piston instead.

Link Posted: 11/13/2022 11:01:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By geriatricpollywog:
I ordered a bunch of spare parts for my 16” carbine from europe-outdoor.eu, including a 16” piston. They sent me an 8-9” piston instead.

https://www.hkpro.com/media/6c87ffd2-ab7b-4f7a-ac74-3810bc9fb029-jpeg.274206/full
View Quote

I will either trade you for 14 inch piston or buy your 8 inch.

I believe that 14 and 16 inch pistons are the same.
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 12:08:46 PM EDT
[#48]
i just picked up a 8 inch 556.after looking at this thread,i kinda feel buyers remorse.the parts unavailability is shitty..i guess i kind of impulse bought it anyway.have you guys had much break with the 556 guns?..also,i wish it would have been the 11 inch but now i saw above where somebody is making barrels?grendel would be amazing in this thing!
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 7:12:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By hanker71:
i just picked up a 8 inch 556.after looking at this thread,i kinda feel buyers remorse.the parts unavailability is shitty..i guess i kind of impulse bought it anyway.have you guys had much break with the 556 guns?..also,i wish it would have been the 11 inch but now i saw above where somebody is making barrels?grendel would be amazing in this thing!
View Quote

not quite that easy unfortunately, Mos Tek needs the barrel extension and piston block of an existing barrel.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bren2/comments/ypu6pq/300bo_update/

we're still hamstrung by CZ's lack of support for extra parts
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By hanker71:
View Quote

I have a 8” 556 as well. Shot about 5000 rounds though it. Most suppressed. It’s very gassy and ended up putting an oss on the end.  I kinda wished I went 11 but I like the way the 8” looks better
Page / 103
CZ Bren 2 (Page 94 of 103)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top